PDA

View Full Version : What changes would you like to see?

Meh
07-03-2005, 13:46
To make EE better, what changes would you propose and why?

Meh
07-03-2005, 14:58
Changes:

Originally Posted by Thandie
I wish the following people will be axed from EE Little Mo, Zoe, Derek, Adie, Stacey, Billie and Nana Moon

Originally Posted by Debs26
little mo is a great character she had had some fab storylines in the past and is bound to get some more in the future.

zoe is also another good character bit whiney at the mo! she is leaving soon anyway

i have heard that derek has been axed but not sure if this is true. he never really done much except be paulines friend and lodger!

adie is a ferreira so will be leaving very soon as the whole family has been axed( where you been)

stacey is fab there is no way i would want to see her axed. she is brilliant

billie needs to go i think he has been exhausted as a character and i have no idea what thepoint of him is!

they cant axe nana moon. she is so sweet! iwish she was my grandma!!

i wish they would axe gary(he should have gone off when lynn left,)and keith and mickey miller!

Treacle
07-03-2005, 15:36
I do not agree with the choice of people up there, Billy is an essential part of the shows history and I like Little Mo, the Slaters are still a family unit and the show needs those roots right now. Nana Moon is a darling. Derek can go though but keep Stacey she's very realistic. You see people like her everyday.

Alisha
07-03-2005, 16:02
Derek and Zoe should go. Keep Billy though. Bringing back Sharon would please me. Less empathise on Gangsters and concentrate on more family centred storyline and develope friendships more.

Meh
07-03-2005, 16:10
Pauline just gets on my nerves, but it doesn't mean she has to go. Derek is plain boring.
I think they've gone the right way with Jake and Danny but they need to get some better storylines. All this gangster stuff - how many of us hangout at our local gangsters?

The Miller storyline is the only decent one. The Shannis storyline was dire IMHO. Bringing back the Mitchells - what would it accomplish? Get the ratings up for a while until they all leave again? Dunno where they are heading, but I would be looking for new characters and storylines to inject some life into EE.

Alisha
07-03-2005, 16:36
I actually didn't mind the Shannis storyline -pre Zoe thats it. It was original and complex. I prefered it when Den was the real third party between them. Den playing the oppresive father figure who caused a wedge between them in early 2004 made great television. Any dislike of the storyline I had was when ee turned a great storyline into another predictable drawn out love triangle which beared no resembelance of the original plotline -what a waste! However, if Sharon retunred I would love for Sharon and Dennis to reunite- just as long no more love triangle and instead more focus on them as characters and realistic obsticals. Dennis abusive past and Sharon's infertility has lots of potential.

I think ee should focus on strong friendhsips too. We haven't had any for a while. Even characters like Ian and Sharon who go way back hardly say two words to each other these days. The last strong frienship in my eyes was Lisa and Melanie but Sharon and Michelle was the strongest.

I think part of ee's problem is that they focus too much on axeing and bringing back old favourates in a bid to bring rateings up. I just dont think thats its the way to go. They should concentrate more on scripts and storylines as I feel that its the storylines which have let the soap down -not the characters. Storylines like Andy blackmailing Kat, Sonia and Martin eloping for thier wedding, Dennis and Zoe's relationship, kidneygate, Ferrarahs getting evicted have been quite pointless to me.

dddMac1
07-03-2005, 16:43
i would like to see more realistic storylines with a lot more humour but i would like it to go back to how it was before Louise Berrtige was the Executive producer and amongst other things

Mr Humphries
07-03-2005, 21:56
I would like to see the more characters developed Pat & Johnny's past relationship.

Introduce some new characters, a new family, a gay lad, who has had his family run off because the family business was bust, they lived in the Chelsea area, so Walford was a come down. The lad called Toby moved in to the square. He moves in next to Pauline who takes him under her wing, in months to come, he turns out to be johnny's sister's son. Wow. During his time in the square he becomes a good friend of Pauline and Dot's the ultimate Fag hags. He has a vile boyfriend who turns up like a bad penny and beats him up badly and Johnny and the square deal with. He rebuilds his family business by buy up cheap properties like Ricky & Bianca's flats, the Dagmar/Meal Machine/Nail Bar, the doc surgeory and the flats next to them. He does them up and building and property is his thing. Sharon returns and he offer's her a job as his finance manager and secretary that type of role, as she is fed up with pub's and clubs scene. They become good friends. He makes money. He upsets the return of the peggy mitchell when he sides with Chrissie over the vic. Of which he buys half of so that she can get rid of sam.

After his bad relationship Toby decides that talking to people on the internet is the best way to meet somebody new. He meets some one called Walford Badboy who he thinks is someone like Mickey Millar who is his made about. His screen name is Onlygayinalbertsq! This internet relationship develops and carrys on until the meeting when he goes to the allotments after a big night out at Scarlett. He goes to the allotment expecting Micky who is missing from Scarlett and is grabbed from behind and scared half to death by this mystery person, who turns out to be someone special !!!!!!!

During this time, Pat & Johnny talk about the past, Derek moves to pasture's new, Chrissie makes her move with Jake, Danny sniff's around Toby, Johnny has a big dark secret that only Toby knows about. Toby's mother turns up, and she is no other than the star Angela Douglas !!!!! The Mitchell's die of death, no room apart from Peggy who starts to have a romance with someone.

The rest of toby's family arrive, like his three older brother and his father. This family is not a gangster style family

Jade
07-03-2005, 21:59
Mr Humphries have you thought about writing a script in the script section. Sounds good!

Mr Humphries
07-03-2005, 22:04
I think that a illness serious one should affect, Demi's little girl, and that the square should rally around to help raise money to find the illness. Give a real family square story. The BBC could also use these epsidoes to give coverage of an illness that does not get TV time.

I know it is awful but it would be good to get people behind something. Eastenders is missing issues. The Baby illness, the internet relationship, the gay bashing, like the new character could be beaten up by the mitchels for trying it on for one instance. Some dodgy forgein people move in who cant speak english, alot of storylines dont developed

Sorry if not making sense, one third bottle of Ernest & Julio Gallo whit wine

Mr Humphries
07-03-2005, 22:13
Problem is Jude babe, is that the BBC are so far up their own **** they cant bear to thing that the viewer might be right, have you tried to get a foot in the door and even an email address to speak to someone. If they had listened to what the viewer wanted the soap would not be in the problems it is now.

Den should not have been killed off again ! Written out yes !

Andy had just developed enough to stay then killed him off

They bring back the mitchells, why ! Frankly a banana has more a peal

New charachers a gay lad, who is not scared to say I am hear I queer and I take it up the "you know what" in the middle of the square.

The millars are good, but they need developing, debt is a huge problem in this country, so why cant they expose this.

A gay man sleeps with a straight man from the square. It happens in real life, most straight men are only 8 pints away from it.

Gangsters. Both Krays where shirt lifters, some gangster have even been dare I say kiddy fiddlers. I am not saying one moment that that is the way storys should go, but for godsake, bring this bloody soap into the 21st century, this is really bloody life.

Gay bashings, illgeal imgrents (awful spelling I know), kiddy fiddling, debt, illness.

If we are to be treated to more and more gangster huffing and puffing then I wont watch. We had all that years ago in prisoner cell block H for godsake when Queen Bea was top dog. Is being top dog in our street that important now ? No. it is not. it is about bloody surving the dangers we are now exposed to and one thing that these soaps could do is show the dangers.

Cherryz
07-03-2005, 22:17
1. the main thing that is noticeable, is that anyone would think watching eastenders the first time, that everyone is a gangster or criminal. I think they need to cut down on that amount of stuff, and focus on more everyday and realistic issues.

2. they should have more gay and bi characters. there is more than 1 gaay in every villaaage you know, especially among younger society today, you'll find they are a lot more accepting (or at least they are in my town's colleges lol). and it could help break down the stereotypes.

3. more people from different subcultures. I'd like to see more gothic/punk/alternative/grunge characters, away from the 'mainstream' and it'd be nice to see it portrayed not as a humorous phase for comedy value.

4. they have quite a few teens. and surely some of them would attend college. why not do some storylines between these teens, some that can be filmed in a college environment? Perhaps thats where they meet a boyf/girf, maybe they sleep with someone and its awkward in lessons, or they struggle with studies, or get into bad habits like drink/drugs, maybe they join a band, maybe they plan nights out, go to gigs, go on holidays etc. they could do a lot more!

5. ease up on the pacing, and help get a good balance of humor and doom and gloom. it seems at the moment like the entire population of walford should be hammering down Dr. Legg's front door to get to the prozac!

6. on that note, it would be nice to see issues of depression dealt with. and mental illness - the scizophrenia story line done years ago was brilliant! maybe if they helped with issues such as self harm as well, which seems to be on the increase especially among teens these days as a way to cope with stress etc.

7. deal with an abuse or rape issue, where the MALE is the victim. too often the women are portrayed as the weak/vulnerable ones likely to be attacked, but men are just as much at risk! And how men deal with these things is different to how women would react and cope, because men have the masculinity thing to deal with among other things. think of the Luke storyline in Hollyowaks - fantastic, it was handled brilliantly.

Mr Humphries
07-03-2005, 22:22
Well Bloody Done sweetheart that is what we need. We need a soap that is not scared to do something. To touch on such a issue that we all much watch. DO THE UN THINKABLE

Alisha
07-03-2005, 23:27
7. deal with an abuse or rape issue, where the MALE is the victim. too often the women are portrayed as the weak/vulnerable ones likely to be attacked, but men are just as much at risk! And how men deal with these things is different to how women would react and cope, because men have the masculinity thing to deal with among other things. think of the Luke storyline in Hollyowaks - fantastic, it was handled brilliantly.

You have made a really intresting point there.

At one of my university lectures recentely we were discussing sexual abuse among different genders and discussed how a great deal of males that get subjected to such molestation, sexual abuse and rape as much as women, if not more. However, mostly the media focuses on women as the prime victims. I do think ee should cover this is in alot more depth. The storyline would make intense vewing but they have to handle it sensitively. I thought little mo getting raped twice was pretty pointless.

EE were onto the right tracks there when Den mentally destroyed his son Dennis in the vic and bought up his abusive childhood. As evil and twisting that was, it was brilliant television. Even though Dennis didn't say much he communicated much of his pain through his eyes and body language. However -it was just left like that. Since that episode we haven't had any development from that and I do feel ee should persue it futher as it has lots of promise. Loads of people were speculateing about it after but it was obvious that Dennis had been emotionally, physically and mentaly abused in his early years and was hinted that he was assulted by his carers in one of his childrens homes. This is partly to do with Dennis acusing Dalton (just before he shot him) of fancying him. Much of his beliefs were drawn from his own personal experience.

I really do hope that ee dont leave that one hangeing in the air. We have only had dribs and drabs but nothing concrete. They should develope this more as its a true to life issue and although its a sensitive area, I feel the story has potential and very character driven.

Cherryz
08-03-2005, 00:09
Yeah exactly! They can really explore the issue with Dennis's character, and maybe even Jake and Danny's past as there was hints to an abusive past there as well. It seems odd to just mention these things then leave it, when obviously these things can have lasting effects.

I am a very strong campaigner for recognising and helping male victims, and I think that more media coverage etc. is one of the biggest ways! It's even the little things like at the doctor's surgeries - posters for helplines and groups are mostly aimed at females, as its often a female model in the poster. More information should be available. Even in schools when they cover these kind of issues in PD very lightly, its focused on females and they address the female students more about the issue.

Mr Humphries
08-03-2005, 00:20
In 110% agreement. Lets take issue with this stories. I for one have had this happen and feel that it brings the real issues of what children face day in day out.

What we need in EE is every bloody day stuff, not the mitchells, its dead issue, dirty den was great and no one would like to seem him back more than me, but tackling theses issues is the future.

Problem is babies ! How do we get our voices heard ?

callummc
08-03-2005, 10:15
Bring back Den,the Den we know not the dirty old man,give all the actors better scripts,and then it's back to the old days,EE back on top where it belongs.

Ryanjustmad
08-03-2005, 20:24
no