PDA

View Full Version : Both Sides Now (EE One Parter)

Rach33
25-05-2005, 14:25
Here is a one parter I wrote a while back hope you all like it :wub:

Rows and floes of angel hair, and ice-cream castles in the air, and feather canyons everywhere, I’ve looked at clouds that way, but now they only block the sun, they rain and snow on everyone, so many things I would have done but clouds got in my way
I’ve looked at clouds from both sides now from up and down, and still somehow it’s cloud illusions I recall, I really don’t know clouds at all

Sitting in the park on this hot summer’s day brought back the distinct memories of his childhood. When things had been bad at home he’d go to the park and spend hours lying on the dew covered grass, just staring at the clouds making the different shapes with them losing his thought in them and here he was again doing exactly the same thing. Using the clouds to try and make his life seem better than it was but it wasn’t real it didn’t last when the clouds break so does his dreams

Moons and junes and Ferris wheels, the dizzy dancing way that you feel as every fairy tale comes real, I’ve looked at love that way but now it’s just another show you leave them laughing when you go and if you care don’t let them know, don’t give yourself away
Tears and fears and feeling proud to say I love you right out loud, dreams and schemes and circus crowds, I’ve looked at life that way

Smiling he remembered the first time he saw the smile the first time he heard the laugh he wanted her then and he wanted her even more now he loved her but he knew why she held back she’d been hurt before but he’d never hurt her he couldn’t.
Yes he wanted her, yes he loved her but she needed more than that she needed to feel safe just like he had when he was child when he needed to be protected, now he was going to protect her and love her and treat her the way she deserved
He laughed to himself at her attempts at making out she didn’t care and how she would try and put on an act for him, for everyone but he saw through it he saw through her because he could see the pain in her eyes when she smiled

But now old friends are acting strange they shake their heads, they say I’ve changed, well something’s lost but something’s gained in living every day
I’ve looked at life from both sides now, from win and lose and still somehow it’s life illusions I recall, I really don’t know life at all and still somehow it’s life illusions that I recall

Things changed they shifted nothing he could say or do could ever undo what happened, he could remember like it was yesterday, it was a cold February evening and one minute everything was fine and the next his boss is shoving a bloke off a flyover. He shivered as he remembered the sound of the thud it was horrible and unforgettable
Something lost that day apart from a life, he lost the right to ever sleep easy again and well something gained he’ll never take anything for granted again especially life
Jake had seen two sides to life now the good and the bad and even now he knew he really didn’t know life at all

I really don’t know life, I really don’t know life at all

Lyrics - Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell taken from the Original Soundtrack to Love Actually

melonb
25-05-2005, 16:33
wat can i say! :hmm: WOW!!!!!!!
:bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
:bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Angeldelight
25-05-2005, 19:30
OH WOW... this is great... fabulous... brilliant... i love it... it's great... well done babes...

di marco
26-05-2005, 08:31
wow brill! :D i love your 1 parters, theyre great! :)

Rach33
26-05-2005, 18:24
awwww thanks guys and thanks Angeldelight for the song forgot before couldn't have wrote it without you

Layne
26-05-2005, 18:28
WOW WOW!!! Just read fab!!!! this is great!!!!! :wub:

Angeldelight
27-05-2005, 17:46
awwww thanks guys and thanks Angeldelight for the song forgot before couldn't have wrote it without you

Don't be stupid... though i am brilliant... i only gave you the lyrics you wrote the rest... fab babes... amazing... but i wouldn't expect less... well done you :cheer: :bow: :cheer: :clap:

BlackKat
28-05-2005, 11:11
I loved this. :cheer: Another great 1-parter from you, :thumbsup: