PDA

View Full Version : Still Life (One Parter)

BlackKat
25-05-2005, 12:42
A one-part fic, based on spoilers and speculation about Danny and Jake's exit storyline (So if you're unspoiled and want to stay that way don't read, :) )

It's a little random. Danny's POV, but in second person. (So Danny is the 'you') Scroll down to read, I put a space in because of the possible spoilers.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Still Life

It’s like burning. It’s like being burnt alive. The air is stretching and humming and burning. The fire hasn’t even got started yet, but already you can feel it all around you. Everything’s red – the walls, and the floor and in front of your eyes all you can see is red red red. And it’s like a rage, until all you can smell is the smoke and the red and the anger.

And maybe it’s the alcohol and maybe it’s the adrenaline but all of a sudden you’re laughing and you can’t move so you just stand with dead matches at your feet, and maybe you can hear a scream from upstairs and maybe you can’t because all around is screaming.

And someone’s pounding on the door and you can hear Jake screaming (screaming!) for you to get out. Like there’s no one else in the house, just you. Just you and the red.

And you realise that Ruby’s still away at school and Johnny’s at the club – so really no else is in the house. And it’s a little scary how you just realised that. How you set a fire without realising that no one would be in the house. How you set a fire thinking there would be someone in the house.

A sixteen year old girl you could have killed without realising. Sixteen years old, wide-eyed and staring, and Scarlet.

You’re pretty sure you locked the front door behind you, otherwise Jake wouldn’t still be pounding on it. He could break it down, you think, easily. One good kick and it’d be down. And you know Jake has the strength to do it, even if no one’s ever seen the strength he has. But you know he won’t, because he’s off his head by now just stood there screaming for you. And you think maybe you can hear him begging, but that can’t be right. That’s not Jake, outside a burning house begging and that’s not you inside a burning house laughing (or is it crying. You really can’t tell.)

And he’s saying sorry now, and why why why is he apologising. He has nothing to say sorry for, and you want to tell him that. That he has nothing to be sorry for, and you’re the one who’s sorry (just like you’re always the one who’s sorry) and you wouldn’t have made it this far without him, and suddenly you need to make sure he knows that, but you can’t. You can’t open your mouth and shout because of the smoke.

You started it in the kitchen, and even sitting in the sitting room with the doors closed you know the fire is outside the door, you know it’s going to come through. The smoke is coming in from under the door and the air is hot, and there’s no rage, you can’t hear Johnny’s voice in your head anymore (stupid, so stupid).

There’s other voices now, shrill and loud and buzzing. And you hope they pull away Jake away from the door that he really should have kicked down by now (you can hear him pushing against and you want to shout ‘try kicking it’ but you don’t.) You hope they pull Jake away, because the house is about to blow and you don’t want him to get hurt.

It’s too late now you think. There’s a buzzing in your ear and smoke in your throat and red in your brain and a burning in your eyes and oh god you hope they pull Jake away from the door.

Um. Yeah. I wasn't drunk when I wrote this. Honest.

di marco
25-05-2005, 13:33
great! :D that was fantastic, i loved the way you made it from dannys point of view inside the burning house! :)

BlackKat
25-05-2005, 13:41
Thanks. :D I'm glad you like it. I hope the kids forgive me for killing their uncle, lol. And traumatising their father.

di marco
25-05-2005, 13:45
I hope the kids forgive for killing their uncle, lol. And traumatising their father.

i hope they do too lol!

BlackKat
25-05-2005, 13:50
i hope they do too lol!

They still have their mother. She's got it together. I mean, apart from that talking to the cellar floor thing. And really, who are we to judge her about that, lol.

Babe14
25-05-2005, 14:45
Excellent. I loved it. Very cleverly thought out.

Babe14
25-05-2005, 14:46
I'm sure the kids will forgive you:) especially one...

Rach33
25-05-2005, 15:21
wow amazing it's brill Kat the kids will be fine eventually awwwww

BlackKat
25-05-2005, 18:42
Thanks everyone. :D

I'm thinking of doing another a sort of sequel one-parter to this, from Chrissie's POV when Jake leaves. What does everyone think?

Angeldelight
25-05-2005, 20:23
WOW... that was AMAZING... oh my god i'm on the verge of tears... boo hoo... Danny's going to die... boo hoo... the tears are now flooding down my face... he's guna die...

Amber
25-05-2005, 20:30
I'm thinking of doing another a sort of sequel one-parter to this, from Chrissie's POV when Jake leaves. What does everyone think?
That sounds great!
It was fab! I loved the way it was from Danny's POV. I hope you do write a sequel :cheer:

BlackKat
25-05-2005, 22:37
Thanks guys. :wub:

I'll play around with the Chrissie one and see if anything worthwhile comes from it, lol.

Babe14
26-05-2005, 07:47
Great idea, how about also one from Jake's POV whilst the fire is happening or after the fire when he is away and coming to terms with Danny's "death":)

EastendersRox
26-05-2005, 17:15
This is great!

BlackKat
26-05-2005, 19:17
Great idea, how about also one from Jake's POV whilst the fire is happening or after the fire when he is away and coming to terms with Danny's "death":)

Okay, this is seriously weird, we all seem to be able to read each others minds on this board, lol. I was just coming on to say I'm going to try and make it a trilogy by doing a Jake one.

Layne
26-05-2005, 19:19
Fabualous darlin, please do a sequel!
luv ya
layne
x x x

Rach33
26-05-2005, 19:33
Sounds a brill idea Kat all a little trilogy would be wkd babes

Babe14
27-05-2005, 09:44
Okay, this is seriously weird, we all seem to be able to read each others minds on this board, lol. I was just coming on to say I'm going to try and make it a trilogy by doing a Jake one.

I've noticed that too, we all seem to have more or less the same ideas and yes it is as though we are reading one anothers minds! Maybe it's the Jake and Chrissie connection!

EastendersRox
27-05-2005, 17:53
I've noticed that too, we all seem to have more or less the same ideas and yes it is as though we are reading one anothers minds! Maybe it's the Jake and Chrissie connection!

Very true!

Angeldelight
27-05-2005, 18:49
hey who cares... is juist means we're all brilliant... i think a trilogy would be a fabulous idea... you SHOULD DEFINATLEY DO IT... you WILL do it... you HAVE to do it now... hehe

BlackKat
28-05-2005, 12:05
Chrissie's POV now up here (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8689) :cheer: