PDA

View Full Version : Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin)

ilovediamonds
20-03-2005, 19:25
where have dev and sunita gone? i cant remember them going anywhere or have they gone into the twighlight zone!!!!! :rotfl: :cheer:

catrindavies05
20-03-2005, 20:56
Dev has been forced to leave the soap temporarily to seek treatment for his drug addiction. The powers that be can't think of a way of explaining his absence or anything much to do with Sunita while he's gone so we'll see very little of her until Jimmi Harkishin rejoins the soap later this year.

jenkate
22-03-2005, 12:50
CORONATION Street's first Asian baby is being planned as romeo Dev Alahan and wife Sunita start a family.But it is not all sweetness and light as viewers see Dev return to his old womanising ways after Sunita becomes pregnant.The storyline is a huge boost for drug-shame actor Jimmi Harkishin and co-star Shobna Gulati, 38.A Corrie source said: "Despite Jimmi's drug problems, he is well liked by the hierarchy and so is Shobna. The pregnancy plot, with its many twists and turns, shows their commitment to the characters."Dev, deprived of attention, will have flings, leaving Sunita feeling she's just the brood mare for his Alahan dynasty.The source said: "Dev and Sunita being lovey-dovey for too long bores the viewers, so Sunita is going to go through hell after she finds out she is pregnant. She's heartbroken by his affair

SoapRach
22-03-2005, 12:59
Jenkate - what's your source?

Sounds like a good storyline. I wonder how it will fit in with the actor who plays Dev being off work?

dddMac1
22-03-2005, 13:25
sounds good

jenkate
22-03-2005, 13:30
i got it from the hollyoaks spoiler forum, things from this website are generally true

soap_angel
22-03-2005, 14:00
so devs gonna have an affair and deidres gonna have an affair, mmm i wonder

soapaddict
22-03-2005, 14:02
so devs gonna have an affair and deidres gonna have an affair, mmm i wonder

just what i was thinking.

i have always thought there was still a spark between those 2. :hmm:

catrindavies05
22-03-2005, 14:55
EWW! Sorry but I don't want any more Dev and Deidre tongue sandwiches. They put me off my food. Although- excellent way to diet before the summer :)

dddMac1
22-03-2005, 15:03
what is it with Deidre does she have to go after almost Every man on the street she's had Ray Mike Ken Dev etc

Meh
22-03-2005, 15:10
EWW! Sorry but I don't want any more Dev and Deidre tongue sandwiches. They put me off my food. Although- excellent way to diet before the summer :)

:lol:Couldn't have said it better!

*vcl*
23-03-2005, 11:29
Drug-shame star Jimmi Harkishin looks set to secure his future in Coronation Street with a hot new plot that spawns the soap's first Asian baby

Viewers will see Jimmi’s character, cornershop mogul Dev Alahan, start a family with wife Sunita. But it’s not all good news, as Dev returns to his womanising ways after Sunita becomes pregnant.

The storyline is a huge boost for Jimmi, who narrowly escaped the sack after a tabloid pictured him snorting cocaine. Benevolent TV bosses gave him time to clean up his act and he returned to the set last month.

A Corrie insider said: “Dev, deprived of attention, will have flings, leaving Sunita feeling she’s just the brood mare for his Alahan dynasty. Dev and Sunita being too lovey-dovey for too long bores the viewers, so Sunita is going to go through hell after she finds out she’s pregnant.”

Source: Wanadoo

:thumbsdow

Debs
23-03-2005, 11:33
is this a reliable source???

the_watts_rule
23-03-2005, 11:34
sounds good to me

the_watts_rule
23-03-2005, 11:34
is it true though

parveena
23-03-2005, 11:38
i hope it is. they haven't had a good storyline since maya

*vcl*
23-03-2005, 11:41
is this a reliable source???
Yes This site is usually Very accurate dont think they have had anything on there that hasnt been true,

Sounds very reliable to me,

dddMac1
23-03-2005, 11:50
sounds good hope it is true not saying it aint

Debs
23-03-2005, 11:56
yeah hope this is true!! it be good to have a dev and sunita baby!! but also good to see that dev hasnt turned into a good family man.

*JSW*
23-03-2005, 12:05
It certainly does sound interesting and should be a good storyline :)

Only thing thats a little bit 'creaky' so to speak is the fact that this spoiler was somewhere else before, I can't remember where and it was supposedly false? Well i'm not sure. I'll try and do some digging!

Jade
23-03-2005, 14:06
Its the phrase "a corrie insider" that gets me!! Although I guess we will have to wait and see

brenda1971
23-03-2005, 14:08
It was on the sunday mirror as well

*vcl*
23-03-2005, 14:10
It was on the sunday mirror as well
Thank you someone backs me up !

soapaddict
23-03-2005, 15:14
poor sunita.

she has been through hell to be with Dev what with maya nearly killing her and he goes and cheats on her when she is pregnant, he is well out of order.

Why cant she have some happy storylines for once as she is a fantastic actress

gbnut
25-03-2005, 15:57
sunita deserves some happyness. you would think they would let them have some happy time together before he starts an affair. i dont think it is true

wilwood
26-03-2005, 09:30
why on earth can no-one in soapland have any happiness!!! Everyone in Weatherfield has had an affair at some point - apart from Gail but then she has been single since Richard and still no action on the man front.

Leon Bilson
26-03-2005, 17:35
Gail HAS had an affair! With her first husband Brian's Australian cousin. That's what broke up their marriage, and what was suspected to have resulted in Sarah-Lou!

SoapWatcher
26-03-2005, 18:27
Gail has had an affair!!!! She had an affair while she was with Brian, I think it was with Brians cousin or something, and for a while they thought Sarash was the result of the affair until they did a DNA test.

~Sooz~
02-04-2005, 12:49
Sounds boring to me, how many affairs go on in soaps - yeah it happens in real life but so do a lot of other things plus I think it would be nice to see a steady couple in soapland for a change.

Bad Wolf
02-04-2005, 12:56
i totally agree, there needs to be more happiness

emma_strange
03-04-2005, 23:19
~The first asian baby? Wasn't that on Eastenders years ago, with Sanjay and Gita?

*vcl*
04-04-2005, 09:14
~The first asian baby? Wasn't that on Eastenders years ago, with Sanjay and Gita?
It will be Corries first Asian Baby,

Yes eastenders have already had one but i dont remember Corrie ever having one

Perdita
06-06-2008, 21:50
Sharon Marshall said on This Morning that Dev Alahan will soon have a love interest when another Asian family move into Coronation Street. No more details were revealed though. :(

I am so glad, he makes me laugh and deserves a decent storyline after all this time.

Chloe O'brien
07-06-2008, 00:29
Wasn't he supposed to hook up with Mel Morton when they first arrived. It is about time Dev has some decent plots. He hasn't had a lot since his wife left and Mike Baldwin died.

Ruffed_lemur
07-06-2008, 16:20
Good to hear Dev is getting a decent storyline at last!

Abbie
07-06-2008, 17:26
Awww should be good fo him. Does that mean more kids for him though?

Chloe O'brien
08-06-2008, 01:01
Dev has been at a loose end the last couple of years and I dno't think he is vilian material anymore. They should stick Blance in the shop as his assistant when Maggie Jones returns to the cobbles so they can have another comic double act like Rita/Norris and Roy/Becky. That is what Corrie does best.

Chris_2k11
08-06-2008, 02:28
Bring back Sunita

Abbie
08-06-2008, 17:13
Bring back Sunita

:cheer: You can say that again

Perdita
25-06-2008, 20:17
Coronation Street fans, prepare for a shock.

Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin) has finally been given a storyline, much like the Mortons a couple of months ago.

I think the last time we saw Dev in a proper storyline was in 2006 when his wife Sunita (Shobna Gulati) left him after discovering he had several daughters - including Amber (Nikki Patel) - and a grandchild.

There are various new characters linked to Dev - Prem Mandal (Madhav Sharma), Nina Mandal (Harvey Verdi) and Dev's date Lisa (Ruth Alexander Rubin).

Hopefully this is a sign that we'll be seeing more of them in the coming months. Otherwise, Jimmi will be following in the footsteps of the Mortons and the catching the next coach out of Weatherfield.

From Digital Spy

Brilliant news, I just love his character and think they greatly underused him.

Bad Wolf
26-06-2008, 00:56
does this mean we will be seeing more of amber? she is brilliant, like a teenage blanche, caustic! she is totally under used and when she is given lines she manages to steal the entire scene

Katy
26-06-2008, 10:47
I hope it means more of Amber! Its about time. All he has done recently is stand in the Rovers or the shop.

kitty_uk
30-06-2008, 10:53
I like amber, shes so funny. dev i can give or take. lol

alan45
26-09-2008, 15:59
From Corrieblog

Mr Seven Shops is about to become Mr Eight Shops, when Coronation Street's Dev Alahan buys the kebab shop following Jerry Morton's departure.

I was wondering how Eileen would get her regular fix of meat products of dubious origin, but I can relax now. But it's bad news for Darryl, who apparently wanted to carry on the family business, and presumably it won't go down well with Amber once she finds out that her dad has upset her boyfriend.

It seems that Corrie's bosses are putting their faith in Jimmi Harkishin (Dev), giving him this plot as well as the Nina/Tara love triangle. The poor man has been relatively plotless for years.

Chris_2k11
26-09-2008, 16:08
yuck, i was hoping this was the last we'd see that of that kebab shop

tammyy2j
02-10-2008, 12:58
There's already been a million and one women in the life of the Devster including Deirdre Barlow and it looks like he's going to get another notch on his bedpost soon. Yup, Dev Alahan will get a new love interest on Coronation Street with the arrival of flirty Jodie Morton who opens up a takeaway on the cobbles.

Actress Samantha Seager, 32, will play Jodie, says The Daily Mirror. Dev (Jimmi Harkishin) will be smitten by her as well as her pizzas, burgers and fish and chips. Samantha has appeared in Casualty, Where The Heart Is and Doctors. A Corrie source told the paper: "It was decided to give the character a new love interest and let Dev do what he does best - charm a lady in his own inimitable way.

Well its not her

tammyy2j
02-10-2008, 12:59
Former Star Wars actress Ayesha Dharker has joined the cast of Coronation Street as another of Dev Alahan's love interests.

The 31-year-old Bollywood actress - who appeared as Queen Jamillia, the Queen of Naboo in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - will play Prem (Madhav Sharma) and Nina Mandal's (Harvey Virdi) daughter, Tara.

On her arrival, Dev (Jimmi Harkishin) finds himself torn between mother and daughter.

Dharker's first scenes are due to air in mid-October.

tammyy2j
16-10-2008, 17:08
Dev Allahan blows a fuse when he finds daughter Amber (Nikki Patel, 18) half-naked with Darryl Morton (Jonathan Dixon, 19).

The pair are busted when Dev (Jimmi Harkishin, 48) brings new love Tara (Ayesha Dharker, 31) back to the flat for a takeaway.

You can catch all the drama next Friday, October 24, on ITV1.

LostVoodoo
21-10-2008, 19:26
aww poor Amber, her and Darryl are so cute together! and Dev can hardly talk about misbehaving! :lol:

Perdita
21-10-2008, 19:59
Dev Allahan blows a fuse when he finds daughter Amber (Nikki Patel, 18) half-naked with Darryl Morton (Jonathan Dixon, 19).

The pair are busted when Dev (Jimmi Harkishin, 48) brings new love Tara (Ayesha Dharker, 31) back to the flat for a takeaway.

You can catch all the drama next Friday, October 24, on ITV1.

Brings Tara back for a takeaway? :lol :p

tammyy2j
22-03-2009, 19:18
Meanwhile Dev's (Jimmy Harkishin) at it again in Coronation Street. Just when you thought that he might just settle down with Tara (Ayesha Dharker), he has another fling. Sort of.

With her art gallery business a little slow (to say the least), Tara's excited when she finally sells three paintings to a London-based art dealer. What she doesn't know, however, is that Dev enlisted kebab shop worker Minnie (Poppy Jhakra) to fake the purchase over the phone.

Tara hits the roof when she eventually learns of her boyfriend's betrayal, and even packs her bags to move out of the flat. It's not long before Dev's seeking solace in the arms of another woman, though, when he bumps into Tara's father Prem's (Madhav Sharma) accountant, Lisa Dalton (Ruth Alexander-Rubin).

If you cast your mind back, we first met Lisa back in August when Dev was frequenting Prem's house, before his affair with Tara's mum Nina (Harvey Virdi) was exposed! Boy, Dev gets himself into some situations, doesn't he?!

I digress... So after having retired to the bedroom with Lisa, Dev finds himself in a tricky post-coital situation when Tara turns up at the flat to apologise. Little does Tara know that a half-dressed Lisa is a matter of feet away, hiding in the bedroom

lizann
23-03-2009, 11:26
Dev you naughty boy :nono: - will he ever learn !

Perdita
27-11-2009, 04:12
JILTED Tyrone Dobbs gives Corrie romeo Dev Alahan a savage beating - after he suspects him of having a fling with his missus Molly.

The mild-mannered mechanic is distraught when Molly tells him their one-year marriage is over.

She moves out in the New Year without revealing her affair with his boss Kevin Webster.

So when Tyrone sees his wife taking her bags to Dev's old flat - which he has offered her until she gets back on her feet - the simple soul jumps to all the wrong conclusions.

He attacks Dev (Jimmi Harkishin) with a flurry of punches, sending him sprawling across the cobbles.

Tyrone, played by Alan Halsall, rants: "It's you isn't it? You're the one she's been seeing. Isn't it? Isn't it?" - before leaving Dev battered and bleeding.

In case you can't wait to see Dev that way, there's a mock-up above.

Ironically, Kevin (Michael Le Vell) sees the fight and drags Tyrone off.

Molly (Vicky Binns) leaves Tyrone to try to tempt Kevin away from wife Sally.

But with Sally, played by Sally Whittaker, battling breast cancer, Kev wants the affair to end.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2748052/Corrie-romeo-Dev-Alahan-gets-a-savage-beating.html

Poor Dev

Katy
27-11-2009, 09:23
aww poor Dev, and poor tyrone jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Hannelene
05-12-2009, 11:45
Tyrone beating up Dev?

Come on now shouldn't it be the other way around?

Perdita
11-06-2010, 06:53
Businessman Dev Alahan is to turn into Mrs Doubtfire.

The corner shop boss swaps jobs with his lover Sunita after saying that being a housewife is a “doddle”.

Sunita, Shobna Gulati, 43, runs his shops while Dev, Jimmi Harkishin, 45, dons an apron.

When Dev skives off to the Rovers, Peter Barlow cannot help laughing: “Well, if it isn’t Mrs Doubtfire.

“I didn’t recognise you without your pinny!”

tammyy2j
21-09-2013, 22:23
So we do you think Dev and Stella are going to get together?

alan45
07-01-2014, 00:26
Coronation Street's Dev Alahan seems to be developing feelings for Stella Price next week.

Dev is flattered when a friendly Stella (Michelle Collins) starts complimenting him in upcoming episodes, but is he hoping for too much when he asks her to be his date at a Retailers' Ball?

Here, Jimmi Harkishin - who plays Dev - chats about the storyline and whether his character has any chance with Stella.

When does Stella first begin to catch Dev's eye?
"I think Dev has always found Stella attractive, but he's never been in a situation before where he's wanted to do anything about it. In a way, they have got a lot in common because of what happened between Sunita and Karl and they can both sympathise with each other."

Next week, Stella compliments Dev on his appearance following his personal training sessions with Kal. How does Dev react?
"He's over the moon and is really flattered that she thinks he looks trim. It makes him want to work harder to get in shape and it's because of Stella that he decides to re-start his training."

Why does Dev decide to ask Stella to the Weatherfield Retailers' Ball?
"He finds her attractive and he has more confidence in himself now he's feeling more in shape. He plucks up the courage to ask her and is really embarrassed when she turns him down. His confidence is knocked quite a bit at this point."

How do they get on when Stella eventually agrees to go to the Ball?
"They get on really well and have a wonderful time. Dev's really pleased and thinks Stella might like him, but I think she just sees him as a friend."

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/01/618x406/soaps-corrie-8303-3.jpg
© ITV
Tracy steals Stella's cloakroom ticket.

Tracy and Rob are also in attendance and cause more trouble. Do they manage to ruin the evening?
"No, not really. Tracy's really annoyed because Steve drives Dev and Stella to the ball and her and Rob are left in the rain. When she arrives she's so angry that she steals Stella's cloakroom ticket. Stella is angry that she can't get her coat and they do argue with the attendant, but I don't think Tracy ruins their night."

After everything Stella and Dev went through with Karl, do you think they could be good for each other?
"I think Dev would like to think so and I do think they have a bond because of Sunita and Karl. I'm not sure that's a good basis for a relationship or not, but I think Dev would like to be in a relationship.

"Michelle is also great to work with. She's fun and very professional. She's a great actress."

http://i2.cdnds.net/14/01/618x437/soaps-corrie-8303-2.jpg
© ITV
Stella and Dev at the Ball

Why do the fitness sessions become so important to Dev?
"I think Dev just wants to be fit and wants to be able to run around with his kids without feeling out of breath, and when Stella tells him he's looking trim, that really makes him want to carry on.

"Dev has also bonded with Kal because they've both lost their partners, and I think Dev likes the way Kal works. He can see that he'd be a good friend."

What is it about Corrie that's kept you with the show for so long?
"Corrie is such a great place to work. The cast and the crew are fantastic, like a family. I think Coronation Street has really stayed true to its roots and that's what makes us special."

lizann
15-04-2014, 23:20
jimmi (dev) is taking an extended break from the show

Perdita
16-04-2014, 07:04
Coronation Street filming has been interrupted after Jimmi Harkishin failed to return from a holiday when expected, a newspaper has reported.

Dev star Jimmi, 49, was due back this week after travelling to India with his brother – but stayed abroad after his sibling became ill, the Daily Star claims.

It is believed that doctors said his brother was too sick to travel and at risk of spreading the condition to other passengers.

Jimmi, who has been in the soap since 1999, did contact Corrie bosses to let them know he would be remaining with his brother to look after him.

His character was recently left red-faced after lunging in for kiss with Stella Price - unaware that many of Weatherfield's residents were listening in as they looked to throw him a surprise birthday party.

swmc66
16-04-2014, 15:03
Luckily Dev is not a key character at the moment

Perdita
04-09-2014, 11:35
Coronation Street seems to have a new love triangle brewing next week as Julie Carp shows an interest in Dev Alahan.

Viewers have seen Mary Taylor (Patti Clare) form an attachment to Dev (Jimmi Harkishin) and his children following Sunita's death last year, but she could have competition on her hands in the form of Julie (Katy Cavanagh).
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/12/618x618/soaps-coronation-street-jimmi-harkishin-dev-alahan.jpg
Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan in Coronation Street
© ITV
Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan

Dev has grown closer to Julie recently following an awkward mishap on Dev's part while he was persuading her to sign up for the gym.

Next week, things step up a gear as Dev and Julie enjoy a drink together, but Mary is left jealous after witnessing their growing closeness.

swmc66
05-09-2014, 08:34
An unusual pairing but hopefully it works

Perdita
05-09-2014, 08:42
It could but won't as Jimmi is leaving next year :crying:

Dazzle
05-09-2014, 19:44
It could but won't as Jimmi is leaving next year :crying:

I thought he was just having some time off?

Perdita
05-09-2014, 20:26
He has had that tine off recently, but I understand he is leaving next year :(

Dazzle
05-09-2014, 21:31
He has had that tine off recently, but I understand he is leaving next year :(

I haven't heard that rumour. Has there been an official announcement?

Perdita
06-09-2014, 04:59
I read it somewhere but can't remember where. Hopefully just speculation rather than the truth because I like the character :)

tammyy2j
06-09-2014, 21:49
Dev and Julie would be a good pairing, she wants kids too poor Mary will she ever find love for herself

Perdita
23-09-2014, 10:45
Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has said that viewers will see Mary Taylor's scary side once again as the competition for Dev Alahan heats up.

The actress's character Julie Harp has recently grown closer to Dev, much to the annoyance of Mary (Patti Clare) who also had hopes for romance with him.

Cavanagh said: "Mary becomes like a fly who won't go away and she just keeps turning up. Julie doesn't over-analyse things so she doesn't really understand why Mary keeps turning up and she's starting to feel a little freaked out.

"Then there's a scene in the pub where Mary gives a huge great speech about all the women who've tried to get Dev into bed and that's when it gets quite scary for Julie. Scary Mary is back!"

Despite the brewing love triangle, Cavanagh insists that her character isn't trying to compete with Mary.

She continued: "I don't think you can possibly not be aware that Mary isn't very happy but I don't think Julie is directly competing with Mary. It's not like that, it's more that Mary is very territorial over Dev and it's a bit strange."
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/38/618x399/soaps-corrie-8481-2.jpg
Mary is put out by Julie and Dev's friendship
© ITV
Mary is put out by Julie and Dev's friendship

"Julie's aware that Mary's a bit strange but Julie sees the best in everyone so she tries to accommodate Mary. She just thinks Mary is behaving a bit oddly rather than directly competing with her.

"Julie's desperate for a family, she's desperate to be part of a couple and have all those things. She's lonely, really lonely, and she thinks Dev is very charming, he's high up in the community and she sees him as a good catch."

Speaking about whether Julie and Mary could put their differences aside and get along, Cavanagh added: "I think Mary and Julie could be friends and get on quite well in the end but Mary's difficult to get to know.

"She likes who she likes and it's hard to break in there. Maybe Julie can melt that a bit rather than be kidnapped!"

lizann
13-11-2018, 15:10
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7719569/coronation-street-spoilers-dev-alahan-horrifying-robbery-attacked-thugs/

Dev Alahan is going to be left terrified when his corner shop is robbed by masked thugs

lizann
05-04-2019, 21:16
talk on line he is leaving

Perdita
06-04-2019, 04:31
talk on line he is leaving

Just for a couple of months .. not that he has featured much lately anyway ......

Perdita
28-05-2019, 18:31
Coronation Street has revealed how it's going to write Jimmi Harkishin's break into the ITV show, as Dev Alahan will have family matters to attend to.

Upcoming episodes will see Dev leaving Weatherfield with his children temporarily to travel to India in order to visit his dying uncle.

Originally, Dev plans to go to India by himself, but he later becomes angry at his daughter Asha (Tanisha Gorey) after she goes to a party against his wishes.

It's not the first time in recent weeks that Dev has struggled with his daughter's behaviour after she was previously caught skipping an exam.

As a result, Mary Taylor (Patti Clare) then recommends bringing Asha and Aadi (Zennon Ditchett) with him abroad.

Dev agrees and leaves Evelyn Plummer (Maureen Lipman) running his store.

Harkishin previously confirmed that he would be taking a two-month break, explaining that he plans to celebrate 20 years at the ITV soap by going on holiday.

"Corrie bosses have very kindly let me have time off for two months to celebrate my 20th year, which I am very grateful for, so I am going to visit China and Japan," he said in April.

Digital Spy

lizann
04-10-2021, 00:09
dev will save asha before aadi when their car crashes