PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2008

Perdita
14-06-2008, 22:38
I am an avid tennis fan and want to ask who do you think is going to be the finalist in the men or women competition?

Chloe O'brien
14-06-2008, 23:47
Not sure about the women but the Men's winner will be tight. you can't rule out Federer but Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal are strong contenders as well.

tammyy2j
16-06-2008, 14:01
Roger Federer / Rafael Nadal / Andy Roddick for men's final

Lindsay Davenport / Maria Sharapova / Serena Williams / Justine Henin / Venus Williams for women's final

Perdita
16-06-2008, 14:09
Roger Federer / Rafael Nadal / Andy Roddick for men's final

Lindsay Davenport / Maria Sharapova / Serena Williams / Justine Henin / Venus Williams for women's final

Yep, I would agree that these are the likely names we shall see.

Chloe O'brien
16-06-2008, 14:42
Wimbledon starts next Monday.

Perdita
16-06-2008, 14:43
I know :cheer: Wish I could go there but would not be able to afford the time off work :(

Katy
16-06-2008, 16:31
with Murray though can we be sure he wont get injured. hopefully he should be fit and have a good run in Wimbledon, he certainly got the skilll.

Chloe O'brien
17-06-2008, 15:14
He was injured but withdrawn from Queens last week to help him recover. so hopefully he will be fully fit.

Debbie Meadows
01-07-2008, 11:24
Anyone watched last nights match? what an amazing comeback by Murray I thought ge was a gonner at 5-4 down in the third, shows though how much he has improved over the last year

Jojo
01-07-2008, 12:33
I watched Dr Who again cos we thought Murray was out of it but what a comeback!!! Was in complete shock to see on the news this morning that he had won!

Well done to him!

Perdita
01-07-2008, 12:38
I thought he would be out of Wimbledon and watched something different. Pleasant surprise this morning to learn that he has made a come back and is through to the next round. :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
01-07-2008, 19:33
What a stoater of a comeback by Andy Murray brilliant match best once since the days of Goran Ivanisevic when he won wimbledon on his wildcard back in 2001. I was yelling come on son at the telly. Let's hope Andy's stamina holds up and he can win against Rafel Nadal.

Perdita
01-07-2008, 20:32
Whilst I would like to see him win against Rafael, I think he might have reached the end of his tournament in this year's Wimbledon. He has done well though to get so far this year. :clap:

Katy
01-07-2008, 21:35
What a comeback by the scot, i was singing flower of scotland down the street when he won, so was my mam and she had her scotland jersey on and trying to do an accent but not suceeding. It was a great match though. I think the Nadal game will be a cracker a battle of strength.

Chloe O'brien
01-07-2008, 23:57
If Murray loses tomorrow then it will because he's lost his nerve. Two years ago he thumped Andy Roddick and everyone expected him to win his next match hands down but he didn't he played badly it was like a different player to the one that beat Roddick. Tomorrow he has got to focus he can survive 5 sets. Nadal hasn't had a 5 setter this year at wimbledon and was suffering a sore leg yesterday. Everyone needs to get behind Andy tomorrow.

Perdita
02-07-2008, 20:18
Ah well, it was to be expected, I did not expect Andy to win against Rafael just yet, Rafael has too much experience and is also playing just brilliantly at the moment. But I am sure that in a couple of years Andy will be able to win against players like Nadal and Federer.

di marco
03-07-2008, 09:18
i watched the last part of mondays only cos it was on after ee really! tbh tennis bores me a bit after a while, it goes on for too long and its just watching a ball being hit backwards and forwards! though it was a good comeback. yesterday i only saw the last about 5mins. i wasnt really surprised to be honest by the outcome

Chloe O'brien
03-07-2008, 23:29
I didn't get to see the match due to Federar's match being stopped due to the rain,by the time Murray/Nadal came on I was getting ready to go to Judo. So disapointed that Andy lost but he did well this year who knows federer and Nadal can't be champions for ever sooner or later someone will find a weekness in them.

Perdita
04-07-2008, 17:45
Well, I don't think anybody expected Reiner Schuettler to win the quarter final against Nadal and he did not start out very well, but my word, this was an exciting game to watch, even if the outcome was quite predictable. Well done to Reiner. :clap:

Chloe O'brien
05-07-2008, 01:54
My money's still on Federar to win on Sunday.

Katy
05-07-2008, 17:53
did anyone watch the girls final. What a talen that Laura Robson has. She was so sweet at the end when she won. You wouldnt have thought her and the opponant were only 14 and 16.

Perdita
05-07-2008, 17:58
Watched the last few minutes, she played fantastic, well done to Laura :clap:

Perdita
06-07-2008, 19:31
Anybody else watching the men's finale? I thought Nadal has bagged the trophy but trust Federer to come back to a 5 setter :clap: Brilliant tennis if you like this sport. Absolutely first class.

Chloe O'brien
06-07-2008, 19:46
Only seen from after the match restarted as I was at the cinema. Come on Fed you can do it. :cheer: