PDA

View Full Version : Internet explorer

jenge
05-03-2005, 20:38
A couple of weeks ago my internet explorer stopped working properly. i could still open it to enter websites and click on links, but when i tried to type anything it wouldn't let me. which left me without e-mails - aaaargh!
A computer geek friend of mine suggested deleting some of the microsoft updates I'd downloaded as apparently they sometimes cause problems, and when that didn't work he suggested reinstalling service pack 2, but that didn't work either.
I've now downloaded another browser (firefox) and that's working fine, but I'd sill like to know what's wrong with internet explorer.

So any advice would be very welcome!!!

Jen

Meh
06-03-2005, 03:31
Have you tried reinstalling IE?

jenge
06-03-2005, 11:39
Yes i have. sorry, forgot to mention that yesterday...

Meh
06-03-2005, 14:34
See here (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=657) and try the MS Aiitspyware first. Could be somethings hijacked your browser.

crazygirl
17-03-2005, 22:46
i was told by a comuter geek that sevice pack 2 has caused a lot of problems so now i no longer have it, he also is using fire fox and he said it is good, spysweeper is also a good thing to have installed if you dont already have it

Meh
17-03-2005, 23:45
Firefox is highly recommended.
There's nothing wrong with xp sp2. I've installed it on about 20 computers so far without a problem. Service pack 2 is critical - uninstalling it is a very bad idea as it contains so many security patches.

And thats coming from a geek as well! :D

crazygirl
19-03-2005, 13:22
it was just what i was told i dont know myself because i dont know a lot about computers!