PDA

View Full Version : Kate Richie wins gold at Logies

Abigail
04-05-2008, 17:37
KATE Ritchie's emotional year has culminated with a second Gold Logie Award, which she took home together with a Silver for most popular TV Actress, her third in a row.

A teary-eyed Kate Ritchie thanked the character she played for 20 years on Home and Away, Sally Fletcher, as she took the Gold Logie for the second year running.

Ritchie, wearing a black and white Grecian off-the-shoulder Lisa Ho frock was presented the award by TV vetran Bert Newton at Melbourne's Crown Entertainment Complex last night.

The night was all about Ritchie, 29, who also picked up the Silver for most popular actress.

The actor turned radio presenter thanked the cast and crew of Home and Away's 20-year run but had an emotional message for someone else.

"There are so many people that I need to thank tonight but the most important person that I need to thank is Sally Fletcher," she said.

"I didn't realise how important she was to me and what a huge part of me she was until I had to say goodbye.

"She has been like my best mate and, to be honest, I feel like I have had my right arm cut off and there are days when I ... I don't even know how to finish that sentence, but I just appreciate being able to share so much of my life with everyone, and I think the most important thing is that I feel so appreciated. Thank you so much. Thank you."

Ritchie also paid tribute to the ABC's Chris Lilley who had been the sentimental favourite.

"I am enjoying winning tonight but I am disappointed about winning it because I won't get to hear Chris Lilley's acceptance speech."

Ritchie, who has joined Merrick and Rosso on breakfast radio in Sydney, added: "I would like to think that this is the end of one very long chapter of my life, but it is also the beginning of
something fantastic and exciting, and I hope this is not the last you will ever see of me."

Ritchie had beaten an impressive list dominated by the ABC including Lilley, Andrew Denton, Adam Hills along with Neighbours' Natalie Blair, All Saints' John Howard, and serial winners Rove McManus and Lisa McCune.

Seven's wins came largely thanks to Home and Away - which won most popular drama and best new talent in the form of Lincoln Lewis.

Pictures of Kate and Lincoln below. I can't get them to upload.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6021150,00.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gallery/0,22010,5031461-5012803-7,00.html

Abbie
04-05-2008, 17:49
Wow congrats to her. She looks lovely in that photo too :)