PDA

View Full Version : sean wilson pleased to be axed

chance
22-05-2005, 11:43
Sean Wilson, who plays Coronation Street's Martin Platt, thinks that the soap's producers have done him a favour by axing his character.

The actor has revealed that he hopes to prove his abilities by appearing in other television shows and films.

"I don't care, I have bigger fish to fry," Sean told the News of the World. "I've been fed up playing the same character for so long, I know I have more strings to my bow than the stereotypical soap role.

"What they don't realise is that when they told me they were getting rid of me, they did me a favour.

"My wings have been clipped, but no longer. It's not a question of maybe, I am going to try different stuff and I am going to prove to everybody that I am an actor."

He added, "People have always thought Sean Wilson is Martin Platt - and that's it. Now in two or three years people will be saying, 'Jesus Christ, we didn't realise he was that good'. That's what I want people to say."

Wilson has been involved in one of the soap's biggest storylines in recent months, as Martin's relationship with schoolgirl Katy Harris ended in tragedy. However, Sean admitted that the show's producers wanted Martin to become involved with a girl younger than Katy, but he refused to go ahead with the plot.

Wilson explained, "There was no major fall-out over the Katy plot, although they were thinking of a different story with a younger girl and I told them I didn't want to do that - it was a step too far for me."

barneysulk
23-05-2005, 22:38
All the best in your future acting roles Sean, what will it be first, Jack and the beanstalk or Puss in boots. Mi and indeed owwwww.

stacyefc
24-05-2005, 13:13
i will miss martin although he isn't the best character he is good in corrie.

dddMac1
24-05-2005, 14:37
i will mis Martin but all the best Sean

luna_lovegood
24-05-2005, 17:07
I'll miss him, I always wanted him and gail to get back together. My mum always used to say they were like the frog family!

By the way hello everyone! This is my first post.....argh I hate being a newbie!

dddMac1
24-05-2005, 17:11
hi welcome

Debs
24-05-2005, 18:00
hi luna welcome to the board!

i will miss martin he been in it forever!

SoapRach
26-05-2005, 13:52
Wow - sean sounds very full of himself in those quotes! sounds like he's a bit hurt by it all.

~Sooz~
28-05-2005, 12:26
I won't miss him I'm afraid! :searchme:

i_luv_dennis
02-06-2005, 09:37
what will david think does he go to prision

Chris_2k11
01-07-2005, 06:00
what will david think does he go to prisiondoes who go to prison? Martin?

Chris_2k11
01-07-2005, 06:02
All the best in your future acting roles Sean, what will it be first, Jack and the beanstalk or Puss in boots. Mi and indeed owwwww.LOL :lol:

Treacle
01-07-2005, 06:06
He's talking out of his rectum :D