PDA

View Full Version : patsy

chance
05-03-2005, 11:04
Emmerdale actress Patsy Kensit has revealed that she prefers being in the soap to working in Los Angeles.

Kensit, who plays Sadie King in the ITV1 soap, admits that more people have watched her on the show than in any movie she has ever appeared in.

She told The Mirror, "At 19, I was married and working in Hollywood, filming Lethal Weapon 2 with Mel Gibson. But you know what? I certainly wouldn't want to go back to that.

"The reality is more people have watched me on Emmerdale in the last nine months than any movie I've ever been in. It's certainly the most mainstream and well-received work I've ever done and that's incredibly rewarding. It's definitely given me my self-esteem back.

"Now, people are talking about me for the right things - as an actress, not as a celebrity and not just as someone's wife. That's a great feeling.

"Being in Emmerdale has made me so much happier than I ever was working in Los Angeles."

Kensit was nominated for Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards for her role in the show, and signed a new year-long contract to continue playing Sadie in October last year.

chec2k
05-03-2005, 12:53
I am glad she enjoys her work at Emmerdale, as she did get alot of stick for joining a soap in the beginning.

true.moon
05-03-2005, 23:13
she is a good actress

Jade
06-03-2005, 00:02
Not really a spoiler - Moving to Emerdale General Discussion :)

Thanks

Jemma
06-03-2005, 16:12
she is a good actress
Really? :eek: I think she is rubbish! :(