PDA

View Full Version : EE to move to Wales

Perdita
20-02-2008, 12:37
I have just heard on my local radio station that the filming of Eastenders is to move to Wales, this is because of the high definition TV specs, aparently the East End of London does not do it justice.

There are some things I probably prefer not to see in high definition - Keith Miller and Pat's earrings for example :lol:

JustJodi
20-02-2008, 12:48
Excuse me for my iggnorance what would be the difference ??? does that mean they will be moving the set of WALFORD to Wales??? I am just trying to picture this,, when I think of Wales I think of cliffs and the sea crashing on rocks,, guess I picture it surrounded with water ( Lea u can kick my rear on this and any other person from Wales... remember my loves I am just a dumb Yank :p :D )

Perdita
20-02-2008, 12:55
Can't help you out there, I am afraid, I am a techno phobe and have no idea why we have to change our telly to a HD version and why the filming of a soap is affected by this. It was mentioned that the East End of London is looking a little scruffy (please don't kill me, hit me, ban me - it is what was said on the radio!! I have not been there myself), surely they could spruce up the set if that is what they are worried about, we don't really see much of the real London anyway. Or do we? :o

alan45
20-02-2008, 13:14
According to local radio and the Daily Mirror BBC bosses are thinking of moving Eastenders to Belfast.

StarsOfCCTV
20-02-2008, 13:37
What will all the actors do? If it's that far then they'll all have to up sticks leave their friends and families and move! I can see a few of them leaving if this happens! I can't see why EE can't just rebuild the set in London, the BBC make enough money to :p

Katy
20-02-2008, 15:11
cant they just rebuild the set where they are. Stupid people. Its probably just another rumour though

moonstorm
20-02-2008, 16:51
The set of EastEnders could be moving from its home in Ealing Studios, say reports.

According to the Daily Star, the soap's current home looks old and tacky when shown on high-definition TVs, so the show's bosses are looking for a cheap alternative.

Wales has been proposed as new destination for the programme.

A source said: "Everyone is buzzing with rumours of the move. Viewers can see every chip and flake in the set. It's also obvious the set isn't even built with real bricks. Costs are much lower in Wales than in London, so it certainly makes sense.

"There will be some great in-jokes for the viewers, with people growing daffodils and leeks in their gardens."

Show sources have also claimed that famous Welsh celebrities including Catherine Zeta-Jones and Charlotte Church have been approached to make cameos in the soap to coincide with the move.

"Producers are already in talks about which big name Welsh stars they should go after. Charlotte would be ideal, as she could play a really bolshie babe on the market," added an insider.

"Catherine would also bring a certain something. She's said to already be a fan of EastEnders and she owes her big break to British TV."

Abbie
20-02-2008, 16:52
Lol, its sounds so werid when you say its moving to Wales, why does it not do it justice where they are now?

StarsOfCCTV
20-02-2008, 17:47
The set of EastEnders could be moving from its home in Ealing Studios, say reports.

Ealing Studios? I thought Eastenders is filmed at Elstree? :searchme:

Perdita
20-02-2008, 17:54

Ealing Studios? I thought Eastenders is filmed at Elstree? :searchme:

You are correct, they film at Elstree. :)

alan45
20-02-2008, 19:03
The problem with Elstree is that its surrounded by housing and their is little room for expansion. Personally I think Pinewood Studios is a more likely move than either Wales or Belfast