PDA

View Full Version : The Six Nations 2008

Katy
01-02-2008, 13:11
Its that time of year again, i am so excited.

Discuss away.

:thumbsup: Come On Ireland :thumbsup:

Siobhan
01-02-2008, 13:37
Oh yeah... kick off on Sunday for us against the Italians.. can't wait

Chloe O'brien
01-02-2008, 14:01
We've got France at Murrayfield on Sunday. Come on Scotland.

StarsOfCCTV
02-02-2008, 18:47
Blimey that came around quick :p Didn't even realise why England and Wales were playing against each other until I read this thread :lol:

Woo, GO ENGLAND :cheer: :cheer:

Katy
02-02-2008, 18:53
i know, it did come round quick.

Ireland got the win but it was close. Eoin Redden definitly deserved man of the match he was brilliant. There were a lot of new faces who made an appearence for us today which i thihnk is a sign of building to the future.

StarsOfCCTV
02-02-2008, 23:16
England lost :rolleyes: ...ahh well..predictable :p
It's a shame this match didn't happen on a college day...the stadiums near my college so it's impossible to get in on a match day :D

Chloe O'brien
03-02-2008, 01:17
Come the Welsh what a game loosing in the first half and snatch a well deseved win after a 20 year wait to win at Twickienham brilliant. great game Ireland did well but they need to up there game and stop making silly mistakes if they are to beat England and France. Let's hope Scotland can cause an upset tomorrow against France.

Katy
03-02-2008, 03:46
i hope so, i loe Scotland to do well this campaign.

You are right Ireland were good but lucky they need to buck there ideas up if they want to beat tougher (no offence to Italy as they put up a good fight) opposition.

Cant believe the Welsh score, they are going bankers here in Bangor, it was really well deserved.

niceguy
03-02-2008, 04:06
Well done the welsh, take that England!!! cheer: :cheer:

alan45
03-02-2008, 14:04
Oh dear and there was that well known t055er Jeremy Guscott saying that England were going to thrash Wales by at least 20 points. Of course it wasnt just Jeremy who got it wrong. All the tabloids did as well. :lol:

CrazyLea
03-02-2008, 18:55
That was a really good game :D (The Wales one). Can't believe we won. I thought we had lost it at one point. What a turn around :D :cheer:.

Chloe O'brien
03-02-2008, 20:03
What a disaster for Scotland they just kept making one mistake after the other. They are going to have to raise their game for against Wales next week or we will end up with the wooden spoon.

alan45
03-02-2008, 20:19
Scotland were totally outclassed by a superb French team. I dont fancy Irealnds chances against them either

niceguy
04-02-2008, 02:52
The english can't accept that wales won, they are just making exuses!

Siobhan
04-02-2008, 10:57
What a match... England V Wales. one of the best ones this weekend.. Was happy Ireland won and yes the French were in a different class but the match of the weekend was definitely Eng V Wal... amazing second half. really thought England had it in the bag but Wales came back so strong!! good on them

Katy
04-02-2008, 23:11
Ireland will struggle in there next games the other teams just looked classier this weekend.

My mate reckons the English team went on and got drunk at half time, not that he was complaining.

Siobhan
09-02-2008, 21:49
Wow.. what a second half to Irish game... that was an amazing performance from Ireland.. only yards from a try I was yelling at the screen.. fantastic.. come on Wales, England.. one of you have to beat the french!!!

CrazyLea
09-02-2008, 22:39
My dad was literally on the edge of his seat :lol:. Great second half!

I think both Wales and England will have trouble with France. I don't hold out any hope. I know that sounds bad :lol:.

Chloe O'brien
09-02-2008, 23:54
Bottom of the table again :groan: but at least we played better than last week. We need to start trying to score tries instead of relying on Chris Patterson and his kicks to gain us points.

What a cracking game the France/Ireland was I was so hoping they were going to grab a last minute try. Can't see England beating France unless they up their game from last week.

alan45
10-02-2008, 00:53
After that fantastic France Ireland match I fancy Ireland for the triple crown and France to win the 6 nations.

England on present form havent a hope in hell of beating Les Bleus

alan45
24-02-2008, 13:40
After that fantastic France Ireland match I fancy Ireland for the triple crown and France to win the 6 nations.

England on present form havent a hope in hell of beating Les BleusWell it looks like I have to eat my words. A sterling performace by England in the Stade de France and a well deserved win. Congratulations to IRELAND on a great win over Scotland. I knew O'Sullivan couldnt do it without the Ulstermen.

Well done Wales.

Jojo
24-02-2008, 23:31
I have to say, I loved Brian Moores' comments about the half time talk - and for a minute it looked like he was going to be right.

Brilliant performance by Wales and hubby was even more chuffed as he spent the match in a hospitality box in Millenium, and then met and had his pic taken with Shane Williams, who is apparently no taller than my eldest son :lol:

CrazyLea
24-02-2008, 23:44
Wow really!! That's so cool!

Well done to Wales, England and Ireland :cheer:.

Who's playing next week?

Katy
25-02-2008, 00:14
It looks like an exciting end on the table. Great performance by Geordan Murph and tommy Bowe for Ireland. That Kearney looks like a good player as well. Ireland back to winning ways.

Chloe O'brien
25-02-2008, 15:15
Oh groan it's the wooden spoon again for Scotland after another defeat, but yeeha!! we scored a try so things are looking up. What a match Wales and Italy were the second half was just unbelievable. Surprised at England winning I expected the French to hammer them.

alan45
26-02-2008, 11:27
Oh Surprised at England winning I expected the French to hammer them.Didnt we all!!!!!!

Still it leaves the triple crown wide open now. (except for Scotland sorry Kath)

Katy
26-02-2008, 15:13
In all fairnes Scotland played really well especially in the first half they were really pushing forward and attacking. There are some good players on that side.

Chloe O'brien
27-02-2008, 13:26
In all fairnes Scotland played really well especially in the first half they were really pushing forward and attacking. There are some good players on that side.

I agree with you Katy there are some good players in the scotland team, but over recent years Scotland has lost some rugby legends through retirement such as the Hasting brother's, and Dodi Weir and they haven't found suitable replacements plus they have the Lammont brothers out injured, which is a huge blow to the team. Graham Paterson can kick some but we can't rely in him to score loads of penelties to help us win matches they are going to have to start scoring some tries.

Katy
29-02-2008, 17:36
The injuries dont help any side especially when they are influencial as the lamont brothers. One plays for Sale doesnt he.

Chloe O'brien
08-03-2008, 23:46
Scotland!! Scotland!!! :cheer: :cheer:

What a brilliant couple of matches today. Well done to Wales for winning the Triple Crown let's hope they can win the grand slam next week against France. Bad luck to Ireland but both teams played brilliantly.

What can I say about Scotland and England. I don't know what Frank Hadden put in the boys porrige this morning but maybe he should have done it weeks ago. I thought we were doomed when big Rory Lammont was carried of but Nathan Hines and co stood their ground. Not a brilliant win but a win still the same. considering everyone thought Scotland were going to get gubbed by England. They were not the same team who won against France two weeks ago.

CrazyLea
08-03-2008, 23:48
I thought the games were pretty boring today :o. But I'm not complaining, we won :D:D. GRAND SLAM!!! Surely!! Although I don't hold out much hope :o :p.

StarsOfCCTV
08-03-2008, 23:57
England lost. I was right..So Tristan's still mine ;) :lol:

Katy
12-03-2008, 19:00
IReland never fail to disappoint me. But fair play to Scotland, they can put on the performance when necessary.

FLOWER OF SCOTLAND LA LA LA LA

Should be a good weekend next week, Wales and France to decide the championship.

CrazyLea
15-03-2008, 23:16
Oh yes GRAND SLAM! :D:D:D

What a day :p. What a match :p. I was feeling so tense throughout it all. Spesh when they were tied 9 all!!!

Chloe O'brien
15-03-2008, 23:41
Man did you see Dan Park pass the ball to the Italians to give them a try :mad: we were winning as well. Never mind at least we avoided getting the Wooden Spoon (JUST)

Well done to Wales for a brilliant result. The Six Nations Cup is well deserved. Bad luck to the Irish angainst England. That's if for another year.

Jojo
15-03-2008, 23:45
Go England!

And even more well done and well deserved Wales on winning the Six Nations and Grand Slam. Brilliant result for the Welsh.

StarsOfCCTV
16-03-2008, 01:43
Suprised England won and suprised Wales won! Well done to Wales though they deserved it :p

Katy
16-03-2008, 14:36
Well done Wales, i feel i should be happy as i do live there now. Gutted about Ireland.

Thats that for another year. I have enjoyed the tournament.