PDA

View Full Version : Marlon Dingle

chance
04-03-2005, 22:08
Emmerdale’s Mark Charnock has revealed that he’s played the role of Marlon Dingle for so long, he’s beginning to think he’s him!
Every actor strives to step into the shoes of the character they’re playing.

But it seems Mark has taken it a step too far and has even considered changing his name to Marlon!

“I get people calling out ‘Marlon’ on the street, and now it’s got to the point where I actually answer them!” Mark told Inside Soap magazine.

“I think I might change my name to Marlon by deed poll just to save confusion!”

~*~Leanne~*~
06-08-2005, 19:51
hes been playing marlon for 9 years no wonder he's getting confused

Treacle
06-08-2005, 21:04
9 years it doesn't feel like it's been that long!!!

Abi
06-08-2005, 21:07
Thats a long time, hes a great character though

Princess
06-08-2005, 21:08
9 years it doesn't feel like it's been that long!!!

I know. Have all the Dingles been in it for that long?

Treacle
06-08-2005, 21:11
Thats a long time, hes a great character thoughI can't stand his character :)

Abi
06-08-2005, 21:13
How come?! He's sweet, cant stand him with Donna though

Treacle
06-08-2005, 21:36
How come?! He's sweet, cant stand him with Donna thoughI just hate the fool type characters :)

Abi
06-08-2005, 21:37
Ah ok

Treacle
06-08-2005, 21:38
You get them in every soap though but I'm not keen on them :)

shannisrules
06-08-2005, 23:04
i always wonder if actors sometimes do things that their characters would do

Jade
06-08-2005, 23:05
I think the actors sometimes bring parts of themselves into the characters they play.

Chris_2k11
07-08-2005, 03:23
hes been playing marlon for 9 years no wonder he's getting confused9 years!? :confused: Surely it can't be that long!

i_luv_dennis
15-08-2005, 09:10
thats a long time

Red08
15-08-2007, 19:13
Eli kidnaps Marlon - got this from ITV website

For weeks Eli has blackmailed Marlon every which way in return for keeping his mouth shut about the bookies robbery.

But the Dingle is about to take things to a whole new level when he kidnaps Marlon and holds him hostage at the top of a multi-storey car park.

When Marlon confesses the truth about the bungled robbery to Donna, she vows to get revenge on her wicked brother-in-law and sets him up.

InsideSoap Award nominee Joseph Gilgun, who plays Eli, told TV Times: “Donna tells Eli about a warehouse full of stuff, but gives him the wrong code to turn off the alarms.

“The police are on their way but Marlon cracks and warns Eli at the last minute about Donna’s trap,” said Joseph.

“Eli flies off the handle and forces Marlon into a multi-storey car park.”

Where will it all end? Will Eli take his brother’s life to save himself?

tammyy2j
16-08-2007, 15:47
Where will it all end?

I hope when it does end Eli will wash and shave

Red08
16-08-2007, 18:32
Totally agree he really is a mess. Even after he had a shower the other day at Marlons he still looked gross - YUK!!

lizann
21-10-2008, 15:17
Marlon tries to commit suicide when he learns of Donna's affair with Ross.

Donna realises she is pregnant and doest know who is father is.

Poor Marlon

Chloe O'brien
21-10-2008, 16:08
Poor Marlon. what a bitch Donna is to him.

Abbie
21-10-2008, 21:40
:( Poor Marlon

tammyy2j
28-10-2008, 14:44
Poor Marlon

Is Donna leaving?

*-Rooney-*
28-10-2008, 19:08
aah i hope they manage to sort things out and that marlon is the daddy

Perdita
30-10-2008, 09:22
Poor Marlon

Is Donna leaving?

She has expressed her wish to leave for a while, at least, but the producers wanted to try to get her to change her mind. Not sure now whether they were successful or not.

Chris_2k11
30-10-2008, 09:25
is it just me who cant be doing with these two?? they absolutely bore the hell out of me :crying:

tammyy2j
20-11-2008, 12:56
Donna Dingle struggles to tell Marlon their marriage is over next week.

The Yorkshire cop has been enjoying a passionate affair with her colleague Ross Kirk (Sam Anderson, 25).

But Marlon (Mark Charnock, 39) makes a big fuss of Donna, played by Verity Rushworth, 23, after she spends a few days away.

A Dales mole said: “She doesn’t want to hurt him. But she can’t live a lie any more.”

lizann
27-11-2008, 17:58
Paddy Kirk catches Ross and Donna kissing and throws out Ross.

He tells Donna to be honest with Marlon.

Donna admits she in love with two men.

Paddy is Marlon's best mate but will he tell?

Will she tell Marlon the truth?

lilliput
07-12-2008, 11:41
Marlon tries to commit suicide when he learns of Donna's affair with Ross.

Donna realises she is pregnant and doest know who is father is.

Poor Marlon

Where are those rumours from?

tammyy2j
28-12-2008, 23:25
From Soap Magazine

Marlon tries to frame Ross for Shane's murder. Marlon also sleeps with another Dingle - so who could it be Chas, Debbie, Lisa or Gennie. I think its Gennie

Emmie
29-12-2008, 00:58
:-o oohh cnt wait to find out who that is gona be x

tammyy2j
20-01-2009, 16:10
Spoiler for Friday 30th January 2009

Both wallowing in self pity, Marlon and Chas drunkenly share a kiss. Donna leaves the village.

Chloe O'brien
24-01-2009, 20:15
Spoiler for Friday 30th January 2009

Both wallowing in self pity, Marlon and Chas drunkenly share a kiss. Donna leaves the village.

Not again haven't we had the drunken Marlon sleeping with his cousin before when he slept with Charity. I thought the writers are planning to hook Chas up with Carl or Paddy,so why would Marlon sleep with Chas when he knows Paddy likes her.

Perdita
24-01-2009, 20:17
Am I the only one that is fed up with seeing the Dingle incest? It is not funny, entertaining or necessary, scriptwriters, STOP IT NOW :angry:

lilliput
04-02-2009, 22:25
From Soap Magazine

Marlon tries to frame Ross for Shane's murder. Marlon also sleeps with another Dingle - so who could it be Chas, Debbie, Lisa or Gennie. I think its Gennie

And the magazines get it wrong again. They really should stop making up their own stories.
They're getting as bad as Wikipedia.

Perdita
05-02-2009, 07:37
What was wrong? Marlon did try to frame Ross and has had at least a snog with Chas

kayliee94
10-07-2010, 10:59
sounds like it could be good

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a240922/blyth-teases-paddy-marlon-tragic-plot.html

Rain_
10-07-2010, 11:25
I'm confused!! He falls in love with MARLON?????

alan45
10-07-2010, 17:38
sounds like it could be good

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a240922/blyth-teases-paddy-marlon-tragic-plot.html

Already posted http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?111155-Gavin-Blythe-Iterview-***-CONTAINS-SPOILERS-***

tammyy2j
01-12-2010, 14:26
Emmerdale's Rhona Goskirk will discover that her unborn baby is likely to have Down's Syndrome in a forthcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

The plotline will see Rhona - played by Zoe Henry - face a tough dilemma as she must decide whether to continue with the pregnancy or have a termination.

Rhona receives the news at a time when she is already nervous about what the future may hold as she tries to keep the baby's father Marlon (Mark Charnock) happy while continuing her relationship with his best friend Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt).

Speaking to Inside Soap, Henry explained: "The news knocks Rhona off her feet. She hadn't even entertained the idea that anything might be 'wrong', as she sees it, with the child.

"Rhona's been more preoccupied with leaving Marlon, the baby's dad, and starting a new relationship with Paddy. She never thought she'd be in this position."

The actress added: "I really feel for the woman. I predict that the next few weeks will feature lots of angst and tears as the three of them try to come to a decision."

Rhona's new storyline will begin later this month.

alan45
01-12-2010, 19:54
Already posted http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?115910-Emmerdale-Spoilers-13-17-December-2010&p=735153#post735153

alan45
20-01-2011, 11:34
Zoe Henry has predicted that her Emmerdale character Rhona Goskirk will not be viewed as a soap "baddie" as her current storyline continues.

Rhona was at the centre of a love triangle with the show's much-loved regulars Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt) and Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock) last year, but the plot has since taken a more serious turn with the news that she and Marlon are expecting a baby who has Down's Syndrome.

In a new interview with The Mirror, Henry has admitted that the early days of the story felt similar to her stint playing Coronation Street's twisted Casey Carswell in 2007.

The actress explained: "It mirrors the situation in Coronation Street. If you go into a show as a new character and meddle with well-loved people, you're going to be a hate figure.

"In Coronation Street, people were never going to like Casey - in the first three months, she burnt the Peacocks' house down, stole their child and slept with Ashley. But with Emmerdale, I feel confident that because all three characters are decent, nice people nobody is going to come out of it as the baddie."

Henry also said that, as she used to be a care worker, some of her own personal experiences will help when it comes to portraying the mother of a child with Down's Syndrome.

She commented: "Over the years I worked with adults and children with Down's Syndrome. It was great fun and I'm sure it will help with the filming. I'm not fazed by disability and I had so much fun. The children were mischievous, loving and enjoyed life. And that's the way Emmerdale want to go with the story."

lizann
21-01-2011, 14:31
She must be staying around so

alan45
10-04-2011, 02:08
SOAP star Dominic Brunt has revealed his character will face a difficult time following the birth of his on-screen girlfriend’s Down’s syndrome baby.

The actor, who plays Emmerdale vet Paddy Kirk, will film the *emotional birth scenes next week after TV bosses found twins to play Rhona Goskirk and Marlon Dingle’s tot.

Paddy romped with his best mate’s ex-lover days before she discovered she was expecting. And with the threesome bringing up a baby we can expect lots of drama.

Dominic, 40, said: “It’s great to be involved in a storyline like this. It will be shown in a positive way.

“The baby will be healthy and there will be no complications. But I can’t say the same for Rhona, Marlon and Paddy.”

Dominic and Mark Charnock, who plays Marlon, host Leeds Zombie Film Festival on April 24 at Cottage Road Cinema, Headingley, in aid of animal charity WSPA.

tammyy2j
11-04-2011, 14:56
I'm not a fan of Rhona tbh

Chloe O'brien
13-04-2011, 13:35
I'm not a fan of Rhona tbh

No me neither.

Perdita
26-05-2011, 13:59
Emmerdale star Dominic Brunt has revealed that he is glad to see fresh problems developing between Paddy, Marlon and Rhona as their current baby storyline continues.

Next week, Brunt's character Paddy feels left out in the cold as his girlfriend and best friend welcome the arrival of their new son.

Paddy's feelings of insecurity begin when he misses the child's birth, and things get worse when the new arrival comes home for the first time and Paddy decides to keep his distance amid a string of visitors and well-wishers.

Speaking to All About Soap about Paddy's concerns, Brunt commented: "It's just because he isn't the father. He simply doesn't have a fatherly instinct. It's a tricky situation, but I still think he should snap out of it!"

"I think he's just coming to terms with the fact that it's not just him and Rhona anymore and it never will be again," he continued. "It will be him and Rhona and the baby - and Marlon."

Brunt added that producers have introduced a believable plot twist by exploring how Paddy struggles following Leo's birth.

He said: "I hope Paddy will be able to sort it out. Actually, I think it's played very realistically. It would be awful if he just walked in and said everything was great. It's a lot for him to get used to, but he will manage in the end. Maybe Rhona is going to have to get tough!"

Chloe O'brien
27-05-2011, 00:38
What's the chances of Rhona and Marlon bonding over the new baby and getting back together and Paddy left heartbroken again.

Perdita
09-08-2012, 11:35
Emmerdale's Dominic Brunt has expressed a desire for his character Paddy to reconcile with former best friend Marlon.

The two, along with Paddy's new wife Rhona, are currently embroiled in a big custody battle over Paddy and Rhona's son, as the newlyweds are preparing to move to New Zealand.

In a video interview on the official ITV Emmerdale site, Brunt said that Marlon's decision to reveal he is taking a court order out against the couple on their wedding night has a big impact on Paddy.

Brunt claimed: "It just crushes Paddy's world. He crumbles. It's the end of the dream for him."

However, the actor then went on to say that he genuinely wishes the pair can get back on track, saying: "I hope in the future Paddy and Marlon can find their way back to being friends again. That'd be really lovely, but they've really gone as far away from each other as they possibly can."

He added: "Underneath it all, they do love each other, and there's been plenty of tiny little moments where in the middle of rows where you can see one of them faltering and saying, 'Do I really want to be here with my best mate?'

"So there's been some really sweet little pointers that kind of suggest maybe they'll be able to get over this. They got over the whole Rhona thing... so if they got over that, hopefully they can get over this."

Perdita
09-08-2012, 11:36
Emmerdale's Dominic Brunt has expressed a desire for his character Paddy to reconcile with former best friend Marlon.

The two, along with Paddy's new wife Rhona, are currently embroiled in a big custody battle over Paddy and Rhona's son, as the newlyweds are preparing to move to New Zealand.

In a video interview on the official ITV Emmerdale site, Brunt said that Marlon's decision to reveal he is taking a court order out against the couple on their wedding night has a big impact on Paddy.

Brunt claimed: "It just crushes Paddy's world. He crumbles. It's the end of the dream for him."

However, the actor then went on to say that he genuinely wishes the pair can get back on track, saying: "I hope in the future Paddy and Marlon can find their way back to being friends again. That'd be really lovely, but they've really gone as far away from each other as they possibly can."

He added: "Underneath it all, they do love each other, and there's been plenty of tiny little moments where in the middle of rows where you can see one of them faltering and saying, 'Do I really want to be here with my best mate?'

"So there's been some really sweet little pointers that kind of suggest maybe they'll be able to get over this. They got over the whole Rhona thing... so if they got over that, hopefully they can get over this."

Perdita
13-08-2012, 14:56
Emmerdale star Mark Charnock has praised Marlon Dingle and Paddy Kirk's feud storyline, hailing it as "wonderful" to film.

Marlon's friendship with Paddy is currently under severe strain as he pursues legal measures to ensure that his young son Leo is not taken away from him.

Paddy and new wife Rhona - Leo's mum - have recently decided to move to New Zealand for two years with the youngster, leaving Marlon in turmoil.

Speaking on Daybreak this morning (August 13), Charnock said that the plotline has been one of his best ever.

Charnock commented: "It's been an amazing story. I mean, I've been here for 150 years and it's one of the best I've ever had! It's become really complex and the situation is now taking a legal turn. He's taking his mate to court, and it's a horrible situation."

He continued: "It's been a wonderful story, because at any given moment, with all the characters, you're kind of for them and against them. It's one of those moral quagmires. It's been amazing."

Charnock added that it has been enjoyable to film so many heated scenes with Dominic Brunt, who plays the role of Paddy.

He enthused: "We're really close friends. Usually we do a lot of comedy together, so being able to shout at each other and play something really serious, it's so refreshing. It's added another layer to that relationship that we've been building up for the last 15, 16 years."

Asked whether he has ever considered leaving Emmerdale, the actor replied: "No, because I've had so many good stories. I find it such an enriching experience every day. It's like going to school, really. You go into work and laugh - what more could you ask for?"

Emmerdale continues tonight (August 13) at 7pm on ITV1.

tammyy2j
18-09-2019, 16:06
Will Marlon ever find true love again?

lizann
18-09-2019, 21:03
Will Marlon ever find true love again?

maybe with vic?

Perdita
28-01-2020, 09:58
There’s fresh hell for jailed Marlon in Emmerdale, when his daughter April flees the village.
Having been arrested for killing Graham, on the back of seemingly damning evidence, Marlon is already trapped in a living nightmare. But hearing that his daughter has run away pushes him over the edge – and he tries to break out of jail!

“Marlon is in a terrible place,” sighs star Mark Charnock, who plays him, in this week’s issue of Inside Soap. “So when news reaches him that April has run away, he loses his mind. It’s the worst possible scenario, as he can’t control the situation – and he just goes nuts. He starts fighting with a prison guard and is dragged back to his cell, screaming…”

Poor Marlon’s at his wits’ end – can he find a way forward? Find out what Mark thinks in this week’s mag.

Meanwhile, Pierce – the real killer – is plotting his next move. Will Rhona be safe now he’s proved what he’s capable of? We catch up with Jonathan Wrather, who plays him, to find out what’s coming up now his twisted alter ego is back on the scene. “He’ll be around for a little bit,” warns Jonathan, “and there’s some very exciting stuff to come. But as always, it’s not what you expect!”

Elsewhere in the village, life goes on for those not affected by Graham’s death – and we have all the week’s big stories…

Victoria softens her attitude to Wendy
Pete makes a big decision about his future
Jamie is jealous of Belle and Ellis
Laurel finds out about Arthur’s bullying of Archie

lizann
28-01-2020, 22:25
pierce planted the flash light to frame marlon?

lizann
14-03-2022, 15:15
he has a stroke

johntrevor
23-03-2022, 12:20
he has a stroke

Fantastic acting by all concerned in the Marlon stroke storyline. But especially Amelia Flanagan, who plays April, what an excellent actress she is becoming, very moving.

Perdita
14-10-2022, 10:14
Congratulations to Mark Charnock for winning best actor award at the NTA 2022 :bow: :clap:

johntrevor
14-10-2022, 13:04
Congratulations to Mark Charnock for winning best actor award at the NTA 2022 :bow: :clap:

He deserves all the plaudits. Fantastic acting by Mark.
Also congrats to Emmerdale for best serial drama.

lizann
08-10-2023, 04:31
if the recovered marlon cheats with gail ill throw my shoes at my telly, im serious, emmerdale you are warned