PDA

View Full Version : 'Weakest Link' to replace 'Neighbours'!!

Jessie Wallace
18-01-2008, 00:53
The Weakest Link will move to BBC One and replace Neighbours when the long-running Aussie soap moves to Five next month.

According to The Guardian, CBBC programming on the channel will start 20 minutes earlier at around 3pm to allow the game show to run for its regular 45 minute length, longer than Neighbours' current 25 minute slot.

Rumours that Link would move to One surfaced in November (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/programming/a79510/weakest-link-could-replace-neighbours.html), when CBBC controller Richard Deverell told a commissioning conference that children's programming would remain on the channel regardless of what was ultimately selected to replace Neighbours.

The soap is expected to start airing on Five on February 11.

StarsOfCCTV
18-01-2008, 00:55
I only like the celebrity weakest links really...the normal one's I find really boring...:p

I thought they were going to replace neighbours with another soap. Well..I will definately be watching neighbours on five now :p

Katy
18-01-2008, 06:50
What an awful desicion, i dont like the idea of the weakest link at that time.

Perdita
18-01-2008, 07:05
I would have thought they have something better to replace Neighbours with, can't see too many people watching Weakest Link at that time of the day.

Bryan
18-01-2008, 12:32
Neighbours, you are the weakest link, goodbye! :D

Good riddance to bad rubbish, tax payers paying for stupid sums of money an episode of some foreighn trash. Best decision if you ask me!

Lindy
20-01-2008, 00:17
Neighbours is a great soap and i'm another one who wont beable to watch it now. Five need to get running on the show again programmes on line, you know like BBC i-player, then us poor people wpuld still beable to watch it when it moves!

Abi
20-01-2008, 00:35
Neighbours is a great soap and i'm another one who wont beable to watch it now. Five need to get running on the show again programmes on line, you know like BBC i-player, then us poor people wpuld still beable to watch it when it moves!

I don't think it will be long until they do that, to be honest. Though you'd think with all this technology, that they would have found a way to make five accessible to the whole country, wouldn't you?

Lindy
20-01-2008, 00:37
It's soooo annyoing, they areing not for another 3 years before we might get it, and even that's not staple.

Abbie
20-01-2008, 00:41
Why isnt 5 available for the whole country? Ive never understood it

Chloe O'brien
20-01-2008, 00:44
I used to live in a block of high rised flats 16 storeys high and one time someone stole the ariel of the roof so we couldn't get CH5 for a while. It was just after H&A changed from ITV to CH5

LostVoodoo
20-01-2008, 18:44
can't you get 5 through freeview now?

does anyone know what time they'll be showing neighbours?

Lindy
20-01-2008, 21:22
can't you get 5 through freeview now?

does anyone know what time they'll be showing neighbours?

Yes you can get 5 through freeview, but not everywhere can get free view, it all depends on your area.

Abbie
20-01-2008, 21:29
Oh right, thats so silly, thought with places chnaging to digital it would be sorted