PDA

View Full Version : Extreme ironing

Abbie
13-01-2008, 18:02
Im sursprised there isnt a thread on it, on the boards there is always so much talk about it and its clear so mnay of us do it.

Extreme Ironing (or EI) is an extreme sport and a performance art in which people take an ironing board to a remote location and iron a few items of clothing. According to the official website, extreme ironing is
“ the latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well-pressed shirt. ”

The 1st Extreme Ironing World Championships was the inaugural championship for the quirky British sport of extreme ironing.

This year's event, held in mid-September 2002 in Valley, a small village near Munich in the district Miesbach, was host to competitors from ten nations, comprising 12 teams (three were from England).
Competing countries

* Austria
* Australia
* Chile
* Croatia
* Great Britain; three teams called GB1, GB2, GB3
* Germany
Ironing championship sections

* Urban- Involved ironing in/on/around a broken down car.
* Water- A fast flowing river was the location for this station. Competitors could use surfboards, canoes or rubber rings to help them.
* Forest- Ironing at the top of a tree did not suit all the competitors.
* Rocky- A purpose built climbing wall, which ironists had to climb and iron a t-shirt.
* Freestyle- The section where "anything goes".

Some information for you :thumbsup:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Abblette/ExtremeUnderwaterIroning.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Abblette/extreme-ironing-05.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Abblette/521158140_b06b9019e2.jpg
And some photos

What does everyone think of this strange sport?
Wheres the weridest place you've ironed :p?

Pinkbanana
13-01-2008, 18:03
:rotfl: You really have too much time on your hands at the moment, Tabbie! :p Unless you are avoiding doing your revision...:nono:

Perdita
13-01-2008, 18:04
You must be joking, ironing at home is bad enough without taking the ironing board to some weird and possibly quite dangerous location. I HATE IRONING::angry:

CrazyLea
13-01-2008, 18:04
I think it's crazy :lol: Funny though. When do you decide that you want to be an extreme ironer :lol:. My life ambition..

Weirdest place I ironed is... now this is really strange don't laugh at me... but.... I .... I once did it... in the living room :o.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Abblette/extreme-ironing-05.jpg
This pic is hilarious!!!

Abbie
13-01-2008, 18:05
:rotfl: You really have too much time on your hands at the moment, Tabbie! :p Unless you are avoiding doing your revision...:nono:

Well you know.............. a bit of both :p It was your story that reminded me of the sport

Abbie
13-01-2008, 18:07
Weirdest place I ironed is... now this is really strange don't laugh at me... but.... I .... I once did it... in the living room :o.

:rotfl: haha very funny :p

Perdita
13-01-2008, 18:09

:lol: Strange people on this forum, I must say :rotfl:

Abbie
13-01-2008, 18:11
:hmm: Strange is also a hard to word to describe, as what is normal? there is no such thing, therefore if nothing normal, strange cannot exsist either :p

Pinkbanana
13-01-2008, 18:13

Yeah, this site has got more than its fair share of strange posters! (ofcourse I exclude myself from that, as Im totally sane - just ask my shrink) :p

Perdita
13-01-2008, 18:16

Yeah, this site has got more than its fair share of strange posters! (ofcourse I exclude myself from that, as Im totally sane - just ask my shrink) :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: We just might have the same one!

Abbie
13-01-2008, 20:39
Some more pictures:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Abblette/273.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Abblette/extreme-ironing-06.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Abblette/ironing01.jpg

They really do make me laugh

Tori
13-01-2008, 20:49
i want to extreme iron now! *goes to find iron*

Kim
13-01-2008, 21:19
I didn't think it even existed! I thought PB just made it up! :lol:

Perdita
14-01-2008, 07:33
I wonder what the ironing looks like though :hmm: What do they do when they have finished? Does not look like they have anywhere to put the finished laundry. :lol:

Kim
14-01-2008, 17:58
:lol:! Well I suppose they do on the boat, but it could blow into the sea and get rather wet, or get sprayed if it actually stayed on the boat. :rotfl:

Pinkbanana
14-01-2008, 18:00
:lol:! Well I suppose they do on the boat, but it could blow into the sea and get rather wet, or get sprayed if it actually stayed on the boat. :rotfl:

I think Kimbooooo as a birthday treat, we should take you up a mountain, say Everest, and get you to extreme iron whilst snow boarding down it! :lol:

Kim
14-01-2008, 18:11
My, my, my, now that would be an experience and a half! They don't even do that on the experience gifts in Argos! :lol: There wouldn't be much point to that though; the clothes would get all creased up again when they flew off the ironing board when they were finished with!

Tannie
20-01-2008, 18:56

Oh there is defenatley strange people on this forum *cough*lea!*cough*, *cough*Me*cough*

That is one strange sport! And i only really ever iron in my living - room althrough i rarely do it! I would love to iron on a trampoline through for some weird reason!:lol:

Katy
20-01-2008, 20:31
I thought this was a thread taking the michael. Those pics made me laugh thoug.

Abbie
20-01-2008, 20:32
Oh there is defenatley strange people on this forum *cough*lea!*cough*, *cough*Me*cough*

That is one strange sport! And i only really ever iron in my living - room althrough i rarely do it! I would love to iron on a trampoline through for some weird reason!:lol:
Hehe go for it and make sure you take a pic :p

I thought this was a thread taking the michael. Those pics made me laugh thoug.

lol most people think its a joke, but nope its very real :D

Abbie
20-01-2008, 21:37
We should have our own Extreme ironing competition :rotfl:

Chloe O'brien
21-01-2008, 12:24
I think as Team Coach it may be a good idea to apply to the Sports council for funding to buy you all a bycicle. It would be benefit for you all to get some extra training and fresh air.

Abbie
21-01-2008, 20:08
I think as Team Coach it may be a good idea to apply to the Sports council for funding to buy you all a bycicle. It would be benefit for you all to get some extra training and fresh air.
A bike, cant we all try another way?

Chloe O'brien
21-01-2008, 20:23
A bike, cant we all try another way?

No after all the chocolate you lot have scoffed over Christmas you need to lose the jelly belly's and an iron board attached to a bike is just the thing.
it will be good for your mult-task skills as you will be able to get fit and also do the neighbours ironing at the same time. Half-term holiday I want you lot down to halfords.

Abbie
21-01-2008, 20:25
:( Okay boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!