PDA

View Full Version : Who is Tina

magtart
04-03-2005, 16:32
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board, just got back from NZ only to find the BBC spoiler board shut!!!!! However I think this board is better.

I keep seeing "Tina" in the EE spoilers - who is she? :confused: :o

Mr_Cellophane
04-03-2005, 16:34
Tina Baker is GMTV’s resident soap expert. She presents a weekly soap preview on Lorraine Kelly’s show, plus special items for LK Today, GMTV and The News Hour including Outside Broadcasts from soap sets and reports on The British Soap Awards (she’s one of the judges).

As a TV critic, Tina’s contributed to many series. She’s a regular pundit on C4 and BBC1 series like Top Ten TV, 100 TV Treats, and When Shoulder Pads Ruled The World, ITV1’s Soap Secrets, Sky 1’s Soap Stars Behaving Badly, ITV2's Emmerdale Specials, UK Gold's Sex And The Sitcom weekend, as well as numerous studio debates.

As a comedy turn she’s been a guest on ITV1’s Never Had It So Good quiz show, and hosted her third six-part agony aunt series, TV Guide To Life for Border TV. She's also reported from Crufts, spent the night with Keith Chegwin in the forest for a spoof I'm A Celebrity and judged the annual Pet Lookalike and Hunky Husband contests for GMTV. She also spent the night in (a male!) prison for charity in the station’s Banged Up For Breast Cancer appeal.

Tina writes her own column and soap pages for TVTimes, Soaplife magazine, Teletext, and BBC’s Pure Soap website, where she hosts a weekly web chat,

After a 4 year stint as BBC’s Radio Five Live’s soap queen, Tina's still a regular guest on the station and pops up on Radio 2, Radio 1’s Newsbeat, Radio 4’s Broadcasting House, BFBS, BBC Radio Scotland, BBC Radio Wales and various regional stations.

Previous work included 2 years with C5’s Exclusive, contributing to This Morning, BBC Breakfast News, The Six O’Clock News, News 24, and C4’s Right to Reply.

She worked for the Living Channel, presenting The Agony Hour, a sex and relationship series, Love Life, and the dating show Meet Your Mate, along with being the resident newspaper reviewer and TV critic on Living’s daily magazine show. She produced and presented Soaps on the Couch, a psychological analysis of soaps for Radio 4, and was TV critic for Talk Radio (4 years), Liberty Radio (3 years), and London Newstalk Radio.

Even further back in the mists of time she co-hosted BBC’s Daytime Live, and did a variety of presenting and reporting including Comic Relief, Children in Need, ITV’s TV Weekly and Pick of the Week. She did everything from showbusiness reporting to fronting children’s series during her 4 years with TV-am. She’s produced and presented sessions at the Edinburgh TV Festival and hosted 3 hour live phone in shows on Radio Leicester and Radio WM. Tina’s even been a guest on Blankety Blank and did a stint in panto.

A window cleaner’s daughter from Coalville, Leics, Tina trained as a journalist on Northampton’s Chronicle and Echo and BBC’s Nationwide, as a child prodigy, obviously.

Away from hard work, Tina works hard at trying to unravel the mysterious minds of her lovely boyfriend and her 4 inscrutable moggies.

Rach33
04-03-2005, 16:36
It is a spoiler cos she aint arrived yet

Jade
04-03-2005, 16:36
or do you mean Tina - Johnny Allen's Girlfriend who will appear next week?

Rach33
04-03-2005, 16:37
Tina is Johnny Allen's girlfriend I could be wrong

magtart
04-03-2005, 16:41
Thanks everyone

Mr Cellophane thanks for the detailed biography on Tina Baker - very interesting. Jonny Allens girlfriend - Have we meet her yet?

Treacle
They didn't mean that Tina Baker they meant the one in EastEnders.

Treacle
Thanks everyone

Mr Cellophane thanks for the detailed biography on Tina Baker - very interesting. Jonny Allens girlfriend - Have we meet her yet?
Not yet no

Rach33
04-03-2005, 16:43
She arrives at the beginning of week 11 around March the 14th I think

SoapRach
04-03-2005, 17:10
Wow, Mr Cellophane knows a lot about Tina Baker!!

Treacle
04-03-2005, 17:28
Wow, Mr Cellophane knows a lot about Tina Baker!!
Some of it was probably taken from the internet.

Anyways the author now knows who Tina is.

Just in case :-
Tina will be Johnny Allens girlfriend
Tina Baker is a soap critic

Topic subject is resolved and therefore closed