PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleading

di marco
16-11-2007, 15:42
just wondering if anyone else on here has ever tried cheerleading? i started it as a laugh at the start of this term as one of my housemates wanted to go and i only planned on going while it was free but its actually really good! :eek: theres a lot more to it then i thought and the stunts are actually really difficult

Abbie
17-11-2007, 17:09
I did some in like year 7 and 8 of high shool, wasnt proper stuff but It was still fun :D

Cornishbabe
17-11-2007, 22:47
Yeh proper cheerleading when people go off to competitions and that is more like gymnastics and that seems fun!

Abbie
18-11-2007, 22:42
Yeah it is like gymnastics with all the lifts and stuff but its amazing

Hollie-x
12-04-2008, 20:52
It's a shame it's not that big a deal over here. Some family friends moved over to California last year (they came back but that's a whole other story..) and they have a 3 year old girl who they were going to like enrol in some classes but they were over booked everywhere they went! She said that there was cheerleaders everywhere!

I'd love to do it but don't have much confidence in myself and I don't do joining clubs! I can do the splits, tumbling and handsprings though! = ]

Perdita
13-04-2008, 08:58
It's a shame it's not that big a deal over here. Some family friends moved over to California last year (they came back but that's a whole other story..) and they have a 3 year old girl who they were going to like enrol in some classes but they were over booked everywhere they went! She said that there was cheerleaders everywhere!

I'd love to do it but don't have much confidence in myself and I don't do joining clubs! I can do the splits, tumbling and handsprings though! = ]

Wow :eek: Wish I could but I look more like a sack of potatoes falling over :rotfl:

Abbie
13-04-2008, 11:27
It is a shame its not as big over here, its a lot of fun

di marco
13-04-2008, 19:35
yeh it is a shame, but i think its getting bigger. my uni squad competed in a competiton over easter weekend and it had 48 other teams in it. i was also thinking about joining the local squad cos they are really good (they won the national championships i think it was a few months ago) but i think being on 2 squads would be a bit much atm

Abbie
13-04-2008, 19:45
There seems to be a few squads on Britains got Talent as well

di marco
13-04-2008, 19:49

i dont watch that, but now i want to just to see what theyre like!

Abbie
13-04-2008, 19:50

They dont actually show us the full routines, well the ones Ive seen so far. Just in little bits in passing

di marco
13-04-2008, 19:52

They dont actually show us the full routines, well the ones Ive seen so far. Just in little bits in passing

oh right, i might not bother then. i only really like watching other teams routines for the stunts lol!

Abbie
13-04-2008, 19:56
If any of them get through to the voting shows, I'll tell you

di marco
13-04-2008, 20:01
If any of them get through to the voting shows, I'll tell you

ok thanks :)

Hollie-x
16-04-2008, 11:08

Wow :eek: Wish I could but I look more like a sack of potatoes falling over :rotfl:

Aww! Trust me, you get a few bumped heads whilst practising!

Hollie-x
21-04-2008, 15:58
Remembered I put this video up a while ago - sad I know but I was showing someone who moved over seas. Anyways, excuse how fat I am..

YouTube - Splits...Nearly there!

Perdita
21-04-2008, 16:20
I don't think you are fat and you are a darn side more flexible than I am, that is for sure. Remember also that your body is still developing at your age.

Hollie-x
22-04-2008, 16:20
Thanks... It's good to hear someone say something positive about me... I am sooo self concious..

And also excuse the bad videoing (Is that even a word?!) I had a really bad camera on my phone (LG KG800/Chocolate - don't ever buy it but that's a whole other story!) and the PJs hehe.