PDA

View Full Version : Self Injury Storyline in EastEnders?

Lizzie Brookes
04-11-2007, 11:51
On the Digital Spy Forums there was talk of aself injury storyline commig up in EastEnders. Does anyone know anything about that? I think the last time EastEnders featured self injury issues was when Kat Slater cut her wrists - at least as far as I remember. It was mosty speculation concerning that burn mark that Zainab had though I think the most likely charecter to self injure under the circumstances would be Steven Beale given that he is facing rejection/estrangement from the family as much as I'd like him to get better, not more messed up.

Abbie
04-11-2007, 13:35
This would be quite a good and senstive storyline for eastenders to do, Havent seen then done a storyline like this is ages

LostVoodoo
04-11-2007, 17:06
i was thinking just that when i saw Zainaib's scar. and i think it would be a good storyline, since she obviously has a few emotional issues- and not to sound harsh but it wouldn't be some pathetic little emo teenager too.

Lizzie Brookes
04-11-2007, 18:11
Steven's not pathetic - he is a troubled person, a tortured soul. I know he had treatment at the clinic but that doesn't mean his family's rejection of him wouldn't hurt him and perhaps make him consider self injury. It would make good use of Aaron's superb acting talents as well although since he has already been involved in a huge storyline it would most likely turn out to be Zainab.

Florijo
04-11-2007, 18:17
If this storyline is true there is a whole heap of characters it could be. Jane, Lucy, Steven, Zainab, Sean, Lauren (when Stax comes out) or someone completly different.

Lizzie Brookes
04-11-2007, 18:19
True - well we'll have to wait and see. There is a part of me that wants it to be Steven though so that he will get sympathy and somehow eventually manage a reconciliation.

Abbie
04-11-2007, 18:19
i was thinking just that when i saw Zainaib's scar. and i think it would be a good storyline, since she obviously has a few emotional issues- and not to sound harsh but it wouldn't be some pathetic little emo teenager too.

I think it would be good if it was her, it would be a new side to her and we havent seen much of her

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 18:21
If this storyline is true there is a whole heap of characters it could be. Jane, Lucy, Steven, Zainab, Sean, Lauren (when Stax comes out) or someone completly different.

I think the two biggest possibilities are Steven & Zainab

Abbie
04-11-2007, 18:24

I agree with that, And zaninab would be a better choice cos I dont think we have seen much from her, and I mean that emotion from her, plus there is something she is hiding

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 18:26

I agree with that, And zaninab would be a better choice cos I dont think we have seen much from her, and I mean that emotion from her, plus there is something she is hiding

Yeah she is certainly hiding something, i would like to know more, i don't like her as a character but im intrigued as to why her and her son don't speak

Abbie
04-11-2007, 18:29
Exactly I think theres a stronger posibilty its her, I know steven wasnt in it for long but in that short space of time, we seen alot more

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 18:31
Exactly I think theres a stronger posibilty its her, I know steven wasnt in it for long but in that short space of time, we seen alot more

Yeah and most people who have watched EE for a long time know why Steven is the way he is

Abbie
04-11-2007, 18:32
Exactly and plus she is now a new regular character and needs a good storyline

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 18:36

Yeah and they have now established her as a charcter with something to hide, they can't leave us wondering what it is

Abbie
04-11-2007, 18:38

Yeah and they have now established her as a charcter with something to hide, they can't leave us wondering what it is

Which is making me think its going to be her in this storyline, plus these days on soaps its tends to be teenagers, it will make it more interesting being an adult

Xx-Vicky-xX
04-11-2007, 18:46

Which is making me think its going to be her in this storyline, plus these days on soaps its tends to be teenagers, it will make it more interesting being an adult

Yeah it would be different and make a refreshing change to see an adult in that situation

Pinkbanana
04-11-2007, 18:49

I agree, I think it could be Zainaib. IF it was, it would help flesh out her character somewhat, being a newbie.

I dont think its going to be Steven, I hope not, as I hope its a character I can feel some sympathy for, not as you put it 'some pathetic little emo' who has cause alot of trouble/heart ache for the Beales....

LostVoodoo
04-11-2007, 20:18
I dont think its going to be Steven, I hope not, as I hope its a character I can feel some sympathy for, not as you put it 'some pathetic little emo' who has cause alot of trouble/heart ache for the Beales....

i didn't mean Steven when i made that comment, sorry. it was just sort of the generic thing that they'd do in soaps 'oooh they wear a lot of black, they must be depressed etc'. doing the storyline with Zainab shows that its an issue that effects a lot of different types of people and not just a teenage angst thing.