PDA

View Full Version : demi and alisha, possitive rather than neg!

soapy dream
04-03-2005, 11:25
Does any one think that Demi and Alisha should get a really possitive story line that shows that not all single mums are stupid! Instead of showing that if you a young teenager getting pregnant then you wont have a clue but to show that you have admitted you have made a mistake but show that you are just as capiable. A story line like Alisha gets sick and Demi is there knowing exactly what to do for her baby or some other possitive story line, I will leave it to the ee writers. I know that getting pregnant at such a young age is stupid but it happens all the time and there a thousands of teenage mums out there doing the job just as well as any mum. :) :) :) :) :)

Jade
04-03-2005, 11:28
Not a spoiler. Moving to Eastenders - General Discussion.

Thanks

soapy dream
04-03-2005, 12:58
sorry!!! still relatively new to this forum
xx

danielle741
04-03-2005, 13:33
i agree with you i'm a teenage mum and i dont find it hard we can do it... no-one knows how to be a mum until they have a baby so it doesn't matter what age you are! it all just comes naturally!

soapy dream
04-03-2005, 13:38
Danielle, Im was also a teenage mum I had my daughter when I was 15 and she is now 10. I have given her a really good home and alot of love. I know Demi can show everyone we should not all be stereotyped.

danielle741
04-03-2005, 13:51
im 15 and i had a a little boy 5 weeks ago the bit im scared of is how im going to provide for him when im older but im sure i will manage, my parents supported me so i'm glad to see it on the telly because it's something i can relate to!

soapy dream
04-03-2005, 13:55
Danielle you will be great. Give yourself every opportunity to do what you want. What ever career you want work hard at it. The government help alot now with child care and there are great opportunities for you baby in playgroups and nurserys. I worked hard from a young age to provide for my daughter and you will be great too. good luck chick xx

danielle741
04-03-2005, 13:58
thanks! that does make me feel alot better! it's better hearing from someone thats been through it all!
i really appreciate it
ta x

#1 Eastender
05-03-2005, 17:13
i don't think that it matters how old a childs mother/father is, its all about love, a girl should only have a baby if she is going to love and care for it, as for you danielle, i feel that you will make a great mum, good luck

danielle741
11-03-2005, 22:26
thanks x

adbjcs
11-03-2005, 22:37
i love demi. she is wonderful.

Siobhan
15-03-2005, 12:29
I don't know if EE want to promote teenage pregnancy.. this is something all countries are trying to reduce... There are some great teenage mums out there but there is also other mothers who want to be what they are.. teenagers.. EE has shown the Demi wanted to involved with her baby and she is getting positive support from her family but they also show how little freedom she has too.. you can see this by her not hanging out with Darren and others.. EE are doing a good job with this story

soapy dream
15-03-2005, 13:07
Siobhan, I suppose I never looked at it that way. Demi is showing that she is doing a great job but like you say showing the down side that a big part of your youth and freedom is gone. Still she has my vote as coping really well!

Siobhan
15-03-2005, 13:46
She is cope really really well... I was going mad when her parent tried to shut her out of the childs life in the beginning, it was clear she wanted to be part of her baby's life

Treacle
15-03-2005, 13:46
They have been showing Demi struggle a little bit like that convo with Zoe in the caf yonks ago!

danielle741
23-03-2005, 00:35
i can still go out just not as often but i still enjoy myself! i just make the most of it lol