PDA

View Full Version : 22nd - 27th

chance
16-05-2005, 15:49
Sunday, 22nd May 2005
Chas is feeling at an all time low having compromised her relationship with Denzel by lying for her father. During a heart-to-heart with Diane, she admits that she fears she’ll never be happy and confesses that she signed up for the army a while ago and is seriously thinking now could be the right time to join the troops.

Meanwhile, Viv returns home to news of the burglary and she heads straight up to the Dingles’ to give them a piece of her mind. Zak is unrepentant and reminds Viv that she stole Emily’s husband, claiming she’s now had her just deserts.

Later that day, Scott tells Viv that he fears he’ll lose Jean, but his overprotective mother promises that she will never let that happen. What does Viv have up her sleeve?

Monday, 23rd May 2005
Sadie is upset when she is snubbed by Zoe and Jimmy takes delight in telling her that no one would miss her if she disappeared. Feeling miserable, she heads back to the B&B and finds skimpy underwear on her bed with a note inviting her to Cain’s room. She can’t help but be tempted but is he the tonic she needs?

Meanwhile, Viv sets about fighting for Jean, and after visiting the Citizen’s Advice Bureau she tells Scott that they stand a good chance of getting custody of Jean by proving that Zoe is unbalanced. Scott is clearly uneasy at the thought of playing dirty, but how far will he go in order to keep his daughter?

Over in the Woolpack, Emily finally ventures out of the house but struggles when faced with Viv. Paul cheers up Emily with his witty remarks about the postmistress but Viv is left feeling worse than ever.

Tuesday, 24th May 2005
Cain is furious when Sadie is dismissive about the previous night and feeling wronged the angry Dingle promises to make her pay.

Later that day, Sadie is fraught when she finds a docile looking Damon, and she is later horrified when her beloved dog is pronounced dead. Is Cain responsible for the unexpected fatality?

Meanwhile, Viv tries a different tack and asks Terry to make Zoe see sense about taking Jean away. Remembering how he felt when he thought he’d lose TJ he agrees to try, but Zoe quickly guesses that Viv sent him and insists that she has made up her mind.

Elsewhere, Betty asks Jarvis how he will be celebrating his impending 65th birthday but he is determined that he doesn’t want to do anything. Betty asks Len to talk to him and when he does Jarvis reluctantly agrees to a few drinks the following day.

Thursday, 26th May 2005
Tom can’t help but sympathise with Sadie and he offers to help bury her beloved pet. As they spend time together, Sadie comes clean about her past. How will Tom react when she confesses that she slept with Robert Sugden?

Meanwhile, Jarvis’s pleas for a low key birthday are unheard and the quiet drinks he planned in the Woolpack soon turn into a party. Despite his initial reluctance, Jarvis soon goes with the flow, so much so that he puts his back out on the dance floor!

That evening, Libby invites Andy to be her date at the farmer’s ball the following week. He is thrilled to be asked but worries that his lack of dancing ability will let him down. Terry offers to give him lessons but can he learn the moves in time?

Friday, 27th May 2005
Carl notes that Chas is feeling low and he takes her out for a drink in Hotten to cheer her up. During the evening Chas tells him about her plans to join the army and he is clearly upset at the thought of losing her. Their conversation is interrupted when Chas sees an old friend and Carl is left gutted that he hasn’t had the opportunity to tell her how he really feels.

Meanwhile, Tom is concerned when he hears that Sadie is planning to leave the village and he goes to say his goodbyes. Sadie hands over the land and assures him that she never wanted to use it as a lever to get back in with the Kings. Tom softens and invites her back into the firm, but how will Jimmy feel when he discovers his ex-wife is back on board?

Over in the café, Viv takes great pleasure in outlining Home Farm’s sordid past to ensure potential buyers of the property are put off for good. An angry Zoe confronts Scott about his mother’s behaviour and he gains himself a few brownie points for being sympathetic to her fury.

samantha nixon
17-05-2005, 09:24
these sound really good but poor damon he is such a sweet dog

istheDrdead?
18-05-2005, 20:53
Aww - i really hope Chas and Carl get back together, if it hadn't been for that b***h chloe they would still be together!

RealityGap
19-05-2005, 10:48
why can't Tom see through Sadie?

brenda1971
19-05-2005, 11:08
Sadie will do anything to get back into the family.

Debbie Meadows
24-05-2005, 13:33
Back together again?
‘She tells him to wait for her.’ A reunion could be on the cards for Chas and Carl, says actress Lucy Pargeter.

This idea about joining the army appears to have come from nowhere – is it something Chas has been thinking about for a while?
It was something that was suggested by Denzel a while back. He had mentioned how undisciplined she was after she had dunked Chloe in the water. He mentioned how disciplined you had to be in the army and she said I can do that. I will go and find out about the army, I can be disciplined, so it has been thrown about for a while.

Do you think Chas just wants to escape her family?
Definitely. She certainly wants to escape from Shadrach as he just seems to have lost the plot and she doesn’t really want to have the responsibility of him.

What happens between Chas and Carl before she leaves?
Carl takes her out on a bender because she is depressed and she tells him that she is joining the army. He then tries to stop her by saying ‘I love you’, but his brothers appear out of nowhere and she just thinks that it is all part of a bet. But then when she is actually leaving he says that he meant it and she believes him, but she is stubborn and has already made up her mind to go. She does however tell him to wait for her.

How do the Dingles react when she tells them?
They initially think that she is not being serious and won’t go through with it.

Does their reaction make her have second thoughts?
No, I don’t think she does have second thoughts about it. She just tries to convince them that she is serious.

What kind of things do the Dingles do to try and stop her leaving?
They are all just trying to be nice to her because they are all normally so horrible and take advantage of her. Zak thinks buying her a pint will help her realise how much they care for her but she cottons on to that. Even her dad tries a bit.

What happens at the leaving party they throw her?
They all have a few drinks and the bar staff are dressed up as the Von Trapp family because the costumes of the SAS that they were supposed to wear have gone missing! At the end of the evening she and Carl kind of agree to give things a go when she comes back.

Is it a happy goodbye for Chas?
Yes it’s a positive goodbye. She is doing something that she wants to do and I don’t think she is leaving behind anything that is particularly pulling her to stay.

Can we be expecting to see her in Emmerdale again soon?
Oh yes, I am only going to be off screen 4 and a half months. I begin filming again in September.

stacyefc
24-05-2005, 13:36
they make a good couple chas and carl

Jemma
24-05-2005, 18:24
Yeah I agree, I hope they do get back together when Chas comes back :)