PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup - France 2007

Katy
07-09-2007, 23:06
Well it all kicked off tonight in stade francais with the argentinians beating the french :eek: :eek: :clap: It was a brilliant opener.

Chloe O'brien
08-09-2007, 00:03
Scotland play Portugal on Sunday let's hope they win.

alan45
08-09-2007, 08:55
Well it all kicked off tonight in stade francais with the argentinians beating the french :eek: :eek: :clap: It was a brilliant opener.Looks good for IRELAND then
:cheer:

Katy
08-09-2007, 12:13
That's what i said as soon as they finished, France were all over the place. Hopefully Eddie would have taken note, the argentinians main tactic was up and under and it was suceeding. Can't wait for our first game.

I think Scotland have that game won, Prtuagal have only just managed to scrape a team together, a lot of people are saying they should not be allowed to enter as the players could get really hurt by the players that play professional.

Meh
08-09-2007, 14:11
Not looking good for Italy either. They are getting hammered by the All Blacks

Jojo
09-09-2007, 00:16
Well it all kicked off tonight in stade francais with the argentinians beating the french :eek: :eek: :clap: It was a brilliant opener.

No real surprise there though - in 6 meetings, the French have been been beaten by Argentina 5 times, so you'd have thought they'd have sorted themselves out by now.

Katy
09-09-2007, 11:10
Oh i didn't no that it must be there bogie team, dreading when Ireland play them.

Austraillia had a run out against Japan, 91 - 3 i think the final score was a total of 13 tries. its unfair for these small nations. And Italy were hammered by the all blacks shows how strong they are as Italy on here day can give a decent performance.

Katy
10-09-2007, 11:23
Ireland are one of thoose teams who never make it easy for themselves last nights game was great in the first half then i think we though Namibia were too easy and let back in the game. 27 - 17 i think the final score was.

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 12:01
Katy.. it ended 35 - 17.. but they still said it was a disappointing score for Ireland

alan45
10-09-2007, 13:25
Katy.. it ended 35 - 17.. but they still said it was a disappointing score for Ireland
Disappointing performance by the Irish. Eddie O'Sullivan will need to get them to sharpen up before they face the French and the Argentinians. The passing was woeful. Still on the bright side at least they got a bonus point for scoring the 5 tries which leaves them top of the table.

Katy
10-09-2007, 16:05
Oh i didn't know we got a bonus point, I even watched to the end and still didn't remember the score.
I tink they were still warming up, they havent peaked yet. Lets hope we are more prepared for the next game.

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 16:06
Oh i didn't know we got a bonus point, I even watched to the end and still didn't remember the score.
I tink they were still warming up, they havent peaked yet. Lets hope we are more prepared for the next game.

They better be... we have 2 tough games to get through so we need to be on the ball at all times...

alan45
10-09-2007, 18:07

They better be... we have 2 tough games to get through so we need to be on the ball at all times...Yep No more butterfingers from D'Arcy. Just how many passes did he drop:crying:

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 18:09
man he was dreadful yesterday... he needs to wear gloves cause it was him that cause most of our problem yesterday... if he did that against a better team we would have be slaughtered.. we were very very lucky it was just Nambia

Katy
11-09-2007, 13:19
dad said that the amount of times we fumbled the ball, if we were against the all balcks they would be on you and half way down the pitch by the time it took to pick the ball back up. D'Arcy and Hickie (of all people usually really reliabel) dropped the ball alot. Ronan O Gara didn't have his shooting boots on either, he had lots widem but at least it was an easier opponant they have had there game where there allowed mistakes.

alan45
11-09-2007, 19:36
dad said that the amount of times we fumbled the ball, if we were against the all balcks they would be on you and half way down the pitch by the time it took to pick the ball back up. D'Arcy and Hickie (of all people usually really reliabel) dropped the ball alot. Ronan O Gara didn't have his shooting boots on either, he had lots widem but at least it was an easier opponant they have had there game where there allowed mistakes.I always though David Humphries was much better than Ronan but then as an Ulsterman I would say that:p

Chloe O'brien
15-09-2007, 00:43
South Africa deal England's chances of defending the World Cup a major blow as they destroy the reigning champions 36-0 in Paris.

alan45
15-09-2007, 09:51
I will refrain from comment on Englands woeful performance until I see if IRELAND have improved on their disappointing perforformance against Namibia

Chloe O'brien
15-09-2007, 22:40
I will refrain from comment on Englands woeful performance until I see if IRELAND have improved on their disappointing perforformance against Namibia

Ireland beat Georgia 14-10. Wales were beaten by Australia 32-20 and New Zealand thrashed portugal 108-13

alan45
16-09-2007, 10:15
A very scrappy win for Ireland against a Georgia side on superb form. What has happened to the triple crown winners. Oh dear and France and the Argies still to play:sick:

Chloe O'brien
16-09-2007, 18:55
A very scrappy win for Ireland against a Georgia side on superb form. What has happened to the triple crown winners. Oh dear and France and the Argies still to play:sick:

They will be saving their energy for the French Alan you wait they will thump them good style.

Katy
17-09-2007, 12:34
Lets hope so, I was in southport doing a 24 hour race so was unable to see the match but according to my dads text messages it was a very scrappy performance.

Siobhan
17-09-2007, 12:39
I was embarassed by the Irish game on saturday and then even more so when I saw the french game last night.. how pathetic was our scoreline on both our games so far.. and we have 2 tough matches to come... Come on Ireland, get your act together!!! :angry:

alan45
17-09-2007, 16:37
I was embarassed by the Irish game on saturday and then even more so when I saw the french game last night.. how pathetic was our scoreline on both our games so far.. and we have 2 tough matches to come... Come on Ireland, get your act together!!! :angry:Well to be fair the Georgians played an excellent game of Rugby which I think surprised Ireland.

Siobhan
17-09-2007, 16:45
We have to beat the french... we then could afford to lose to Argentina cause france would have lost 2.. it is going to be a tough game on friday

Katy
18-09-2007, 18:25
Stringers been dropped. I also think Eddie O SUllivan has the right idea playing Flannery, i think he can change a game. Lets hope the mentality is the right one when going into the game as it will be very tough.

alan45
19-09-2007, 11:35
Well done to our Celtic cousins SCOTLAND beating Romania 42 nil. Good luck against the ALL BLACKS

Katy
19-09-2007, 17:45
They were off to a cracker, that first try by Patterson after 70 seconds i knew it would be a good game. Am I right in thinking that they were playing in Murrayfield last night.

alan45
19-09-2007, 17:50
They were off to a cracker, that first try by Patterson after 70 seconds i knew it would be a good game. Am I right in thinking that they were playing in Murrayfield last night.Yep thats right. Pity we couldnt play the French at Croke Park on Friday. That would be worth at least two extra tries:D

Katy
19-09-2007, 18:15
They were off to a cracker, that first try by Patterson after 70 seconds i knew it would be a good game. Am I right in thinking that they were playing in Murrayfield last night.Yep thats right. Pity we couldnt play the French at Croke Park on Friday. That would be worth at least two extra tries:D

Yeah it would be night, i don't get why they are using Murrayfield and Cardiff, no i do get it but why should Scotland and Wales get to treat it like a home game. I thought it was a bit weird, is there anyother reason apart from lack of large capacity french stadiums.

Chloe O'brien
19-09-2007, 20:55
Frank Hadden's men are on a sausage roll with 2 good results from the matches. Let's hope their luck holds for the weekend when we meet New Zealand.

alan45
19-09-2007, 23:22
Frank Hadden's men are on a sausage roll with 2 good results from the matches. Let's hope their luck holds for the weekend when we meet New Zealand.
Me too. Its sure to be a tight match

Chloe O'brien
23-09-2007, 19:11
Well we knew the All Blacks were going to be too strong for us but to 40-0 is a sore one considering we have had two good wins. Scotland made the mistake by letting them score early on although we did play better the second half. We have to beat Italy next weekend if we are to qualify for the next round.

Jojo
23-09-2007, 21:40
I thought the Scots played well - but to me, how difficult must it have been with the kits - I was confused about who was who, let alone the players and the refs....

Chloe O'brien
23-09-2007, 23:29
The kit colour was confusing everytime they were in a scrum I would think yes Scotland have got the ball then realised that it was New Zealand. in fairness Scotland didn't play all that badly I have seen them play worse. I think that if they were able to stop the All Blacks early on in the match then the score would have been lower.

Jojo
23-09-2007, 23:49
I also think that they proved themselves to be worthy of the game, rather than as the media seemed to be saying, of them being a second team. Definitely the right decision to take Paterson off when they did though - his confidence was taking a battering and it would have done no one any good to keep him on the pitch.

Really enjoyed the game though - would have been far easier if NZ had just stuck to their blacks rather than change though.

Siobhan
24-09-2007, 11:06
OMG.. Ireland played dreadful on Friday.. Loved the SA/fiji match.. there was some great set plays in there.. Very confused with the NZ/Scotland match.. couldn't tell them apart and gave up in the end!!!

Katy
25-09-2007, 15:34
Ireland are being Ireland i think, i'm used to them plaing like they do now. THought the 1st half was good but we fell apart in the second, and losing OConnell was the final straw 10 minutes in the bin can do alot of damage to a team especiall one which is trailing.

alan45
30-09-2007, 11:34
Just popped on to say

COME ON IRELAND

Siobhan
30-09-2007, 20:24
really shame for Ireland.... they played a lot better than they did against france but still made really stupid mistakes!! The better team won on the day

Katy
30-09-2007, 21:37
If only we had played like that at the begining of the tournament. It obviosly was not to be.

alan45
01-10-2007, 10:05
If only we had played like that at the begining of the tournament. It obviosly was not to be.That was more like the OLD Ireland yesterday.

Pity they didnt play like that earlier in the tournament. Credit to the Argentine. They were the better team and deserved the win.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Chloe O'brien
01-10-2007, 20:23
Bad luck to Ireland and Wales, but whey hey Scotland are through to the next round. Scotland are going to have to do a lot better when they play Argentina than they did against Italy, they can't rely on Chris Paterson to keep kicking penalties they are going to have to win more scrums and go for the tries. I think both Italy and Scotland were gulty of defending on Saturday night no team wanted to go for the kill they just sat tight hoping that the other team made errors.

Katy
03-10-2007, 00:31
I'll be cheering on Scotland in the nexy round now Ireland didn't qualify, i follow my mammies home team. I'll be sad when the world cups finished.

alan45
13-10-2007, 23:13
Credit where credits due. Brilliant performance by England

Well deserved win:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

StarsOfCCTV
13-10-2007, 23:20
I only watched the first half and I thought England were going to lose so I switched channels. But they won! :eek: :D Go England :cheer:

Abigail
13-10-2007, 23:26
My thoughts exactly Alan. My heart was going like the clappers in the final ten minutes.

Can't wait for next Saturday. Lets hope we can make history and defend our title.

Katy
14-10-2007, 12:41
England were good to get the win although i didnt think much to the game. Both sides played the kicking game and it was just boring.

tindie
20-10-2007, 23:09
:angry: England were robbed :angry:
They were going to Win

Abigail
20-10-2007, 23:48
Both sides played well but England gave away too many penalties. I do think that the try should have been allowed. We would have been in the lead with a conversion try at that point.

There were a few occaisions where it looked like we would score a try but South Africa were a bit too good in kicking the ball.

At the end of the day though, England were written off several weeks ago and nobody thought we had a hope in hell of getting to the final this time round. We did well.

CrazyLea
21-10-2007, 00:02
I thought it was rather a boring match to be honest. The Argentina and France game yesterday was more exciting!! Glad SA won though :).

StarsOfCCTV
27-10-2007, 18:49
Our lodger is South African so I think she was happy :lol: I was away so I didn't watch it but we didn't win so I guess I didn't miss much :lol: