PDA

View Full Version : bec cartright to leave next month

melmarshall858
16-05-2005, 08:41
the actress who plays haylie is leaving next month she will be on austrailian screens for a few more months but they are r ecasting her part.

"Popular Home and Away star Bec Cartwright has confirmed she will
leave the soapie next month as she prepares for another role -
motherhood.
News of her exit comes one week after Cartwright, who has played
Hayley Lawson on the show since 1998, announced that she was
expecting a baby later this year with her tennis star fiancee
Lleyton Hewitt.
The 21-year-old star, who recently picked up her first Logie for
most popular actress, had hinted in a magazine interview earlier
this week that she would leave Summer Bay.
On Friday in a statement, she announced she was leaving the series
for personal reasons, and would film her final scenes with the top-
rating show at the end of June.
Cartwright, whose character on the show is also pregnant, said it
was a hard decision to make.
"It's going to be so hard to leave all my friends at Home and Away,"
she said.
"The last six and a half years have been amazing."
While she had enjoyed her time on the show, Cartwright said it was
not possible for her to continue with Home and Away at this stage.
"I've had such a great time and learnt so much," said the actress,
who became engaged to Hewitt earlier this year after a six-week
romance.
"I will always remember my days on Home and Away as the best of my
life.
"But at such an important time of my life, I need more time and
flexibility away from the day to day demands of the production
schedule."
Cartwright will be seen on-air until September and the role of
Hayley will be recast.
"I'm so pleased that the character of Hayley will live on and I wish
the girl who takes on the role all the best," Cartwright said.
Seven's Head Of Drama, John Holmes, said the actress would be
greatly missed.
"She has been an important part of the Home and Away team," he said.
"Her work in creating the character of Hayley was fittingly rewarded
by the winning of the Silver Logie for most popular actress at this
year's Logies."
He said Hayley was "an integral part of our story telling" and it
was for this reason that the character would be recast.
"In the best of show business traditions we will recast the
character of Hayley, as we have done a number of times during the 18
years of Home And Away's life," Holmes said.
Former star Vanessa Downing was replaced by Debra Lawrence in the
role of Pippa, and more recently, Joel McIlroy replaced Martin
Dingle-Wall as Flynn.
The news of her pregnancy last week capped off a big year for
Cartwright.
As well as becoming engaged to Hewitt, 23 she also won last year's
season of Dancing With the Stars, topped FHM magazine's poll of the
100 Sexiest Women for 2005 and announced plans to build an AIDS
orphanage in Thailand.

prettypayal
16-05-2005, 09:58
at last she is leaving is all i can say

prettypayal
16-05-2005, 10:00
but i cant imagine anyone elsex playing the character

soapaddict
16-05-2005, 10:17
Oh no, Bec is one of the best actresses.

stacyefc
16-05-2005, 11:04
oh i like her. How many months pregnant is she in real life? she is very lucky she used to see beau brady who is fit and now she is engaged to lleyton hewitt who is even fitter

i_luv_dennis
21-05-2005, 07:53
no i thought she was gd

angelblue
21-05-2005, 18:28
I prefer beau brady compared to leyton hewitt i think they suited better oh well?

kirsty_g
03-08-2005, 17:27
it'll be strange to see one else playing her

~*~Leanne~*~
10-08-2005, 12:30
i don't want her to leave and it dosn't always work when someone new plays them

tasha_cfc
12-08-2005, 18:48
i cant believe Bec has decided to leave she was a great actress and will be missed

Perdita
31-10-2016, 10:40
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3888330/Bec-Hewitt-negotiates-Channel-Seven-return-Home-Away-original-character-11-YEARS.html

Looks like she might be back :)

Dazzle
31-10-2016, 11:05
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3888330/Bec-Hewitt-negotiates-Channel-Seven-return-Home-Away-original-character-11-YEARS.html

Looks like she might be back :)

I haven't read the link but it would be amazing if she returned. Hayley is one of my all time favourite H&A characters.

Perdita
31-10-2016, 11:25
I haven't read the link but it would be amazing if she returned. Hayley is one of my all time favourite H&A characters. Bec apparently is in negotiations with the tv channel to discuss her return and I would be very happy if that was true :D:cheer:

lizann
31-10-2016, 11:56
get scott and their kid in too so brad willis can say bye bye

Pantherboy
31-10-2016, 21:28
Bec may have a few "irons in the fire", so to speak:

Sunday Telegraph article:

"Bec Hewitt set for acting return

Bec Hewitt has hinted at a return to work in 2017. It has been 11 years since the actress & singer married tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt & became a mother to their three children, Ava, Mia & Cruz. "I am happy to get back out there & work again," Hewitt,33, said. "This year was all about settling the kids in at school & hopefully there are some opportunities in 2017." Hewitt is best known for her stint as Hayley Lawson on Home and Away from 1998 - 2005."

And on Yahoo.com:

https://au.be.yahoo.com/entertainment/celebrity/a/33051183/how-bec-hewitt-plans-to-start-over-yahoo7-be/#page1

Inside Bec Hewitt's huge plans for a fresh start

As divorce rumours swirl, the mother-of-three makes some very big decisions.

With rumours of marriage strife continuing to swirl, a new report claims Bec Hewitt has decided that the time has come to make some very big changes.

Yep, despite suffering crippling self-doubt after taking 11 years out of the spotlight to raise her three kids with husband Lleyton, New Idea reveals she's finally over her confidence crisis.

In fact, she's so over it that she's determined to break back into showbiz, reportedly putting her name forward for next year's X Factor.

"Bec feels like a new woman," a source tells the mag.

"Now her battle with self doubt is over - after spending so long away with the cameras - she's ready again."

What's more, she also moved to silence those split rumours over the weekend, posting a gorgeous snap of herself and hubby Lleyton at the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival.

And the source reckons it was that very event - where Bec, 33, was the face of Lavazza - that reignited her confidence.

"To see her at the event absolutely owning it and looking a million dollars, it's fair to say her demons are well and truly behind her," the source adds. "This was her first proper job in 11 years and she has nailed it."

But this is just the beginning for the mum-of-three, who reportedly has some big film and TV gigs on the horizon.

"She's looking at TV and film," the friend spills. "She has put her hand up for the next series of The X Factor.

"Watching Delta on The Voice has got her thinking that with her acting and singing background, she could have a lot to offer - and she loves the mentoring aspect."

But Bec's not placing all her bets on the big screen.

The former Home and Away star, who is mother to Mia, 10, Cruz seven and Ava, five, also has her sights set on radio.

"[She's] been talking to her close friend Kate Ritchie a lot," the source adds. "It really inspires her that Kate's made the shift from Home and Away to Nova

What's more, there's even a chance Bec could reprise her role as Hayley, 11 years since leaving Home and Away in 2005.

After all, it was just a few years ago that she admitted a return to Summer Bay wasn't off the cards.

"I wouldn't say no," she told Daily Mail at the time. "I'm so grateful for what they did for me...I'd love to get back into it."

Dazzle
31-10-2016, 22:00
Rebecca looks as lovely as ever in the photos in the article Pantherboy posted above.

The pic of Noah and Hayley reminds me of the scene set on a clifftop at sunset when ghost Noah left Hayley forever. That's still my saddest soap scene of all time... :crying:

tammyy2j
01-11-2016, 11:32
Rebecca looks as lovely as ever in the photos in the article Pantherboy posted above.

The pic of Noah and Hayley reminds me of the scene set on a clifftop at sunset when ghost Noah left Hayley forever. That's still my saddest soap scene of all time... :crying:

I loved them as a couple too

Perdita
25-11-2016, 04:30
Any Home and Away fans still holding out hope for Bec Hewitt to return to the Bay and reprise her role as Hayley Lawson might want to look away, because the actress herself has revealed that she has never been invited to return in the 11 years since she left the soap.

Speaking on KIIS 106.5FM's Kyle & Jackie 'O' Show in Australia, Hewitt said that while she's still in touch with some of the show's stars and many of the crew members, when it comes to throwing Hayley's bikini back on she just had one simple answer: "I haven't been asked."

But that's not to say there's not a reason for that, and the actress puts it down to the fact that she's been living away from Australia for many years.

"'I think they know I just haven't been living here," she added. "So I haven't been in the one place to commit to anything."

Bec left the soap in 2005 in order to devote her time to being a stay-at-home mum to her and husband Lleyton Hewitt's three children Mia, Cruz and Ava.

Earlier this year, it was reported that Bec and Lleyton had moved back to Melbourne from the Bahamas, with Australian magazine New Idea later reporting that the actress was negotiating with Home and Away producers to return.

It looks now that those reports were a little unfounded, but at least Bec looks happy enough spending her time as the recently-announced Barbie Christmas ambassador for 2016.

Digital Spy

:(