PDA

View Full Version : Angela's prison sentence - is it too harsh?!

jstevens1
15-05-2005, 17:30
Angela thinks that she may be sentenced to 4 years (6 if she does not plead guilty) for perverting the course of justice.

Case for the Prosecution.
1. Prevented Katy from confessing to the murder/manslaughter of her father by barely letting her out of her sight + threat of lack of support/abandonment. Resulted in Katy committing suicide.
2. Tried to frame Martin + the people that the Harris family escaped from after Angela was a witness to a murder.

Case for the Defence:
1. Angela was full of grief for the loss of her husband and shock that her daughter was responsible. Grief can unhinge people.
2. She did what she thought was best for the whole of her remaining family rather than just herself and Katy, i.e. she was taking Craig into consideration for the whole time and trying to keep the family together.

What is your verdict?

jstevens1

P.S. Thank you for your feedback on "Is University the Be All and End All?" One concludes that it is wise for parents to stand back and let their children make their own decisions rather than attempting to run their lives!

Cheers!!

Ella.
15-05-2005, 17:34
Difficult question, I do think that Angela deserves to be punished for trying to frame Martin, but I also think she was foolish to think that she could cover the murder up and think that they wouldnt get found out. We know she tried to do this for her family but ultimately, they are who ended up suffering for her actions- look at poor Craig for example, he has nothing left.

Sam Nixon Fan
15-05-2005, 23:22
have we seen the last of angela now? or willshe be reappearing for her trial

chance
16-05-2005, 10:40
yes it is too harsh seeing as murderers and rapists get off on less these days.....

barneysulk
23-05-2005, 22:47
I would like to see a Corrie/Bad girls crossover where Angela gets transferred to Larkhall like the last time with Tanya from footballers wives, mind you, with so many ex Corrie actresses in it, and vice versa Frankie Baldwin, it probably wouldnt work. Never mind eh!

steven123
06-06-2005, 18:43
i wish she would look after her son i cant stand the grandad thats in it now looking after the boy