PDA

View Full Version : EmmerdalevsEasties~Results

Cupcake
03-03-2005, 19:19
http://www.supanet.com/entertainment/television/news/38666/Walford_hit_by_Charitys_departure.html

Andy'sLuckyPony
03-03-2005, 22:17
Woah! Well, I'm not suprised!

Behemoth
03-03-2005, 22:39
Old news now. Ah well, the BBC will get over it.

Torrie
03-03-2005, 22:54
I don't get how it's a "serious blow" to the BBC - what a load of rubbish! A one hour special which has been well promoted as having a big showdown and being centred around a fan fave character goes up against two normal episode back-to-back of another and comes out on top? Big shock, I don't think. EE didn't have a one hour special - they had two episodes shown together because of scheduling constraints. And lets not forget that when they did have a special (Den's death), it drew in approz. 14 million viewers - Emmerdale's 9 doesn't look so great against THAT!

Behemoth
03-03-2005, 22:57
Well said, Torrie!

Torrie
03-03-2005, 23:13
Wonder if EE needs anyone for their PR department? :D It just maddens me that so-called media experts who get paid to look into these things don't seem to have any common sense, never mind actual expertise!

soapy dream
04-03-2005, 13:34
i dont think ee has anything to worry about what with jake and danny moon, the chrissy sam story, kat coming back, the muggings the story lines are coming good!!!

melanielovesdennisrickman
07-03-2005, 19:13
Hiya!!!!!
I think the BBC has nothing to worry about,because its just one episode,and it was only because Charity was leaving and it was a big storyline and that.
But EastEnders is still the best,and i think that a lot of people agree with me on that!!!!!

Love
Melanie

Alisha
07-03-2005, 19:23
I agree

I dont think it was such a huge loss to ee. They probably predicated it before both episodes wwere aired. E'dale was an hour special which marked the exit of one of the most popular characters. It was inevitable that they would get the higest rateings. It was so predictable for the press to use the 6.3 figure to slam ee in the process :rolleyes: It was only one epsiode afterall and on a whole the ee rateings are higher than e'dale anyway.

Claire
08-03-2005, 09:20
Its the viewers who loses out.