PDA

View Full Version : WWE Wrestler and Family Dead?

tammyy2j
26-06-2007, 15:53
WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son have all been found dead at their home. Its been reported as murder / suicide. RIP Chris and Family

Jojo
26-06-2007, 22:36
Wrestler in US 'murder-suicide'

One of Benoit's professional nicknames was "Rabid Wolverine"

A professional wrestler has been found dead at his family home in the US along with his wife and son in what officials say appears to be a murder-suicide.

Chris Benoit, nicknamed the "Canadian Crippler", was one of the leading stars of international wrestling.

Investigators said Benoit appeared to have taken his own life after killing his wife, Nancy, and the couple's seven-year-old son.

The family lived in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia.

Benoit failed to attend two live wrestling events at the weekend, telling World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) that this was due to an "undisclosed family emergency".

He later sent several puzzling text messages to friends which prompted them to contact WWE, who asked authorities to check on his home.

'Rabid Wolverine'

"We are investigating it as a murder-suicide," said Keith Whiteside of the Fayette County Sheriff's department.

The bodies were found in three separate rooms of the house. Benoit's body was found in the weights room, the body of his wife in an office and the son's body in an upstairs bedroom.

The county's district attorney, Scott Ballard, declined to give further details about how the three died.

Born in Montreal, Benoit was a former heavyweight champion who had several professional nicknames including "The Rabid Wolverine".

from BBC News Website.

Layne
27-06-2007, 11:36
My god, that is horrible. Scary Stuff.

Meh
29-06-2007, 10:20
Rumour is that it was all the steroids he was pumping himself with

Rain_
29-06-2007, 13:21
On CNN it has been reported that he strangled his wife and 7 year old son, left bibles by their side, then hung himself using wire from one of his weight lifting machines.

May god forgive him if thats the truth.

chance
05-07-2007, 00:54
Of course i know wwe is acting but when i have seen Benoit in interviews as himself he seemed very together and such a quiet person,i was reallly shocked to find out what he had done.