PDA

View Full Version : Teen drama to replace Neighbours on BBC?

Luna
04-05-2007, 16:04
The BBC has apparently chosen a new TV show to fill the time slot if it loses Neighbours - US teen drama Falcon Beach.

The station has broadcast Neighbours for the past 22 years, but is reportedly unwilling to pay the show's distributors, Fremantle, the asking price per episode.

If Neighbours does disappear from the schedules, its 1.40pm and 5.35pm slots will be available.

It's believed the Beeb is now thinking of filling them with Falcon Beach.

The 26-part series focuses on the lives and loves of a group of twentysomethings living in a lakeside resort.

It was originally earmarked for another slot, but now it seems it could make its debut in 2008 when the BBC's current Neighbours deal expires.

Around 4,000 fans have signed a petition begging the BBC to keep the programme, and it seems even those working behind the scenes are keen on the idea.

"We are still hopeful we will hold on to Neighbours," says George McGhee, the BBC director of acquisitions.

Siobhan
04-05-2007, 16:09
they should show Sunset beach.. much better option

Chloe O'brien
04-05-2007, 20:51
The bbc won't be the same without Neighbours on. I hope it can be resolved but I heard a rumour in work that ITV have bought the rights for £120 grand an episodes.

Luna
04-05-2007, 21:01
The bbc won't be the same without Neighbours on. I hope it can be resolved but I heard a rumour in work that ITV have bought the rights for £120 grand an episodes.

i really so hope bbc gets to keep it. and channel 7 (i think thats who runs it) now where their breads buttered neighbours wouldnt be what it is today without the bbc

Katy
05-05-2007, 15:58
I dont like the sound of that, i've gone off neighbours but i think it should stay. Don't thinkk a teen drama would work at 5 30.

Pinkbanana
05-05-2007, 16:06
Why cant they replace Neighbours with a BRITISH teen drama, rather than an American one? I know the BBC couldnt just conjure one up over night, but a drama could be commissioned specifically for that time/audience, to start say late next year, and till then buy in another drama as a stop gap.

LostVoodoo
05-05-2007, 20:04
Why cant they replace Neighbours with a BRITISH teen drama, rather than an American one? I know the BBC couldnt just conjure one up over night, but a drama could be commissioned specifically for that time/audience, to start say late next year, and till then buy in another drama as a stop gap.

Indeed! the beeb said they didn't want to waste the licence fee by paying over the odds for Neighbours, so don't waste the money on some low-rate version of the OC! they could go for a Hollyoaks age-range show, something a bit older than Byker Grove/Grange Hill in the slot instead.

alan45
07-05-2007, 07:48
Why cant they replace Neighbours with a BRITISH teen drama, rather than an American one? I know the BBC couldnt just conjure one up over night, but a drama could be commissioned specifically for that time/audience, to start say late next year, and till then buy in another drama as a stop gap.They already have a programme that would suit this time slot. Eastenders!!!.. Then it would never clash with hour long episodes of Emmerdale.

Chloe O'brien
08-05-2007, 12:40
Why cant they replace Neighbours with a BRITISH teen drama, rather than an American one? I know the BBC couldnt just conjure one up over night, but a drama could be commissioned specifically for that time/audience, to start say late next year, and till then buy in another drama as a stop gap.They already have a programme that would suit this time slot. Eastenders!!!.. Then it would never clash with hour long episodes of Emmerdale.

They could always add an extra episode of EE at team-time or may be a spin-off. :rolleyes:

adda1
12-05-2007, 20:11
Hi! im new,

A teen drama!
What is the BBC playing at? :clap:

Luna
12-05-2007, 20:45
Hi! im new,

A teen drama!
What is the BBC playing at? :clap:

welcome to soapboards :D

yeah they really need to get their finger out and start making progress on this

alan45
12-05-2007, 20:49
Hi! im new,

A teen drama!
What is the BBC playing at? :clap:Its calle Eastenders and its moving to Cbeebies

*-Rooney-*
15-08-2007, 14:01
right so im curious is neighbours def coming off bbc 1 screens?

if so when?

and where is it going?

and is there any more news whats going in its place?

if any one can help i'd be grateful, thank you

Abigail
15-08-2007, 19:41
right so im curious is neighbours def coming off bbc 1 screens?

if so when?

and where is it going?

and is there any more news whats going in its place?

if any one can help i'd be grateful, thank you

It was bought by Five a few months back for a ridiculous sum of money. There's talks about having an "Aussie Hour" of Home and Away and Neighbours back to back.

Chloe
16-08-2007, 13:43
The BBC has apparently chosen a new TV show to fill the time slot if it loses Neighbours - US teen drama Falcon Beach.

It's believed the Beeb is now thinking of filling them with Falcon Beach.

The 26-part series focuses on the lives and loves of a group of twentysomethings living in a lakeside resort.

Well 26 episodes is hardly going to replace a 5 episodes-a-week programme for long! The BBC will probably end up repeating Doctors in the 5:30ish slot.