Jade
02-03-2005, 20:32
Any views?

crazygirl
02-03-2005, 23:13
he needs locking up

Behemoth
02-03-2005, 23:15
I believe that he is guilty. I can't possibly imagine that after all the allegations that have been brought agaisnt him that he is completely innocent of any wrong doing. Lock Him Up! Plus, I am earning a bomb on BBC Celebdaq off this case!

Jade
03-03-2005, 14:10
I'm not sure yet, but if he was a regular guy who was a plumber or something similar he would have been locked up by now

joanna
04-03-2005, 10:13
What happened to innocent before proven guilty? Let the courts decide.

The current MJ jokes going about are well funny though :D

crazygirl
04-03-2005, 17:26
there has been enough kids that have come forward about him, HE IS GUILTY
but of course its michael jackson so he will pay them millions to get him free

joanna
04-03-2005, 17:36
HE IS GUILTY

Why, have you heard all the evidence?

Ella.
04-03-2005, 17:57
If he is found guilty then he should serve his time, if not then he should be left alone.

Behemoth
04-03-2005, 18:01
Either way, he is a nut case

*JSW*
04-03-2005, 18:05
I think that there's an equal chance of him being guilty to inocent. The big mistake he made was paying of the family of his last apparent 'victim' in 1993. This has led parents *potentially* to believe they can use MJ as a form of massive cash machine to get what they want. Knowing MJ had been up against child abuse allegations in the past, surely it was a mistake for them to leave their child with him in the first place :confused:

joanna
04-03-2005, 18:08
In this case it has to go to court - there are no payoffs.

*JSW*
04-03-2005, 18:22
But suerly if MJ offers money the case can be dropped?

joanna
04-03-2005, 18:26
He could offer all his fortune. It has to go to court in this instance.

*JSW*
04-03-2005, 19:56
But in the USA they can go for damages once the offender is found guilty. Why would you leave your kids with a freak show like MJ a nearly convicted child abuser? how dense can you get?

Behemoth
04-03-2005, 20:40
It's strange. He seems to be able to influence them.

crazygirl
05-03-2005, 13:56
But suerly if MJ offers money the case can be dropped?
its amazing what money can do, offering money could even clear him

pie_man
06-03-2005, 00:30
I hope the truth prevails. But may be MJ needs help ....... he did not really have a childhood, people around him don't have his interest in mind (only how many $ they can make). As a parent I would be extremely careful as to who looks after my kids or who their friends are.

I think the jokes are offensive to the people suffering across the world at the hands of abusers.....they may get a cheap laugh but if you are at the receiving end it is painful....unfortunately we have become a society that laughs at other peoples pains ..... and bury our heads in personal pleasures. I hope we change for our kids future....otherwise I think we are in trouble.....

Jade
06-03-2005, 00:34
But in the USA they can go for damages once the offender is found guilty. Why would you leave your kids with a freak show like MJ a nearly convicted child abuser? how dense can you get?

In America you can sue for damages if the offender is found innocent ie OJ Simpson

chance
06-03-2005, 09:48
the parents must have been mad in the first place leaving there kids with him knowing his background etc.... the forst lot of pasrents must of been mad,no m atter how much money you are offered as a payoff wouldnt you rather turn it down and see him go to jail for doing that to your child rather then except the money? the parents are as guilty as he is.
id like to believe its not true as he is so famous and 'big' but all the evidence is against him really isnt it?

zoey_lou
06-03-2005, 19:47
i think hes innocent, even though there are people who have said he has done things.. what about the ones who are still all for him? the main people have already been called money grabbers by other celebritys

Behemoth
09-03-2005, 22:00
has anyone been watching the trial reconstructions on Sky? They are really good and Sky have really gone all out for realism. Jackson seems to have a killer defence lawyer and he was picking holes all over the place in Star Arvizo's testimony,

Jade
09-03-2005, 22:15
Yea I have, but I think its dreadfull. You cannot re-create a non biased view of the Trial.

They only way I would beleive it was if it was broadcast live (I dont think I'd want to though)

The way the different newspapers have reported it is very intresting ie The Sun and The Daily Mail

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 01:13
From what i've heard about the trial so far. MJ's lawyers have been doing a pretty good job. They seem to pulled apart the evidence so far! Everybody seems to think he's guilty but could he be innocent?

Treacle
10-03-2005, 01:32
I doubt his innocence very highly. He should have learnt his lesson after the first case against him. Sleeping with other peoples children is it any wonder people get the wrong idea about him? Idol? THAT THING. How can anyone aspire to be MJ??? The mans lost it. If he ever had a grip, he's loosing it!

dddMac1
10-03-2005, 13:33
if he is guilty then it is only right that he gets punished but if he is not guilty then he should be alowed to live his life in peace.

Behemoth
10-03-2005, 19:11
Oooo, he's turned up late to court with a back injury.
It is a popular tactic of the prosecution to call witnesses central to the case just before the weekend so that the jury has a few days to think about the witness's testimony before court resumes on the following Monday. Some people are suggesting that he deliberatley inflicted or had inflicted this back injury in an attempt to prevent court proceedings so that Gavin Arvizo wouldn't give his main testimony untill Monday and then the Defence could hit back straight away on Tuesday....What do you think?

Jade
10-03-2005, 20:25
Tatical? Sounds like it

Behemoth
10-03-2005, 20:45
I'm gunna assume you meant 'tactical' and agree with you :p

Jade
10-03-2005, 20:47
Sorry yes I did, cant spell or add up today :)

*vcl*
14-03-2005, 13:50
I hope the truth prevails. But may be MJ needs help ....... he did not really have a childhood, people around him don't have his interest in mind (only how many $ they can make). As a parent I would be extremely careful as to who looks after my kids or who their friends are.

I think the jokes are offensive to the people suffering across the world at the hands of abusers.....they may get a cheap laugh but if you are at the receiving end it is painful....unfortunately we have become a society that laughs at other peoples pains ..... and bury our heads in personal pleasures. I hope we change for our kids future....otherwise I think we are in trouble.....
Im still undecided about all of this but im leaning towards the innocent side !

i think MJ is an incredibly niave person who has never had the chance to grow up. From such a long age he was forced into the public eye.

He childhood was almost non exsistent (sorry not sure of spelling) and now hes stuck at that age forever. MJ sees himself as a child which has put him in a lot of controversial situations. MJ needs help to come to terms with every thing that has happened to him, all this plastic surgery just shows deep down that this is a very disturbed man but i dont think he is capable of all the things that he has been accused of.

Somone previously mentioned that if found guilty the "victim" and his family could counter sue for his fortune dont you think this is abit of dejvu?

I never believed the previous case, if my little boy had been abused i would want justice not money! Never would i accept a pay out from someone who did those things to my little boy you cant buy a child innocence back, as a mother i would want him to pay for what he done with time not his money. this makes me believe this was all lies ! A chance to make a quick buck, that boy and his family are set up for the rest of their lives,

MysticKitten
08-04-2005, 23:22
Money is an influencing factor in this case, to start with if he was a fat dirty 45 year old loner from down the road would these kids ever have gone near enough to him to get into his bed. No way their parents would have kept them well away. Being a pop star could be a respectable cover for what he may have wanted to do. I didnt want to think that he was guilty but just this last few weeks i am doubting him, all that bad back business put me off it was bull he couldnt take the pressure, if you are a young kid and you dont wanna go to school cos your in trouble what do you do to get out of it? pretend you are ill, its an old chestnut!
then again all these people saying that they have seen him doing stuff are reported to be ex employees who are probably bitter over losing their jobs for whatever reason. I wouldnt want to be a decision maker on that one, and if he has done it then this world really is a bad place. :(

Siobhan
11-04-2005, 11:24
I don't know if it has been said here but I am always saying it... If MJ was living next door to you and he asked if you would let your 10 year old boy sleep with him, he would be instantly branded a paedophile and linched.. in this case the parent are as much to blame because they saw money....

Abi
11-04-2005, 19:48
I reckon that the court should here the evidence and make the honest verdict, and not make it based apon the fact that it's MJ. If he's guilty, he should go down for it and not use his money to get out of it. If he didn't then people shouldn't doubt it in years to come.

chance
15-04-2005, 09:54
did anyone see the court room thing on sky news yest when gavin arvizo's mum janet was up? she sounded like a complete nutter and if it wasnt for the fact that there are plenty of other witnesses and other boys etc then i might be thinking she was a liar.

Behemoth
26-05-2005, 11:52
The defence has rested it's case. Each party is going to make their closing statements and then it's verdict time! If anyone plays Celebdaq (http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq) then it might be worth investing.

dddMac1
26-05-2005, 11:58
the Arvizo Family are just Nutters Gavin Probally made the whole thing up MJ should be Found Not guilty

Behemoth
26-05-2005, 12:03
I think he's guilty but obviously I don't know enough about it to have an educated opinion.