21-01-2007, 11:05
Opening games on Saturday 3rd Feb, with BBC televising

France v Italy (Kick off 1.30pm)

followed by:

England v Scotland (Kick off 4pm)

Sunday 4th Feb has on BBC is:

Wales v Ireland (Kick off 3pm)

-------------------------------

Lets all play nicely and ignore Jerry Gussets comments - we all know he doesn't know what hes talking about :rotfl:

Katy
21-01-2007, 11:08
Im so excited, I love the 6 nations.

Come On Ireland !

Who do you think will win, will there be a grand slam winner this year? I have my flag and shirt, an hat all ready.

Jojo
21-01-2007, 11:11
Well, I'm interested to see how Phil Vickery goes with captaincy and how Brian Ashtons teams shapes up post-Robinson, but I think England are going to be in for a difficult time of it this year.

Wales are on the up, France and Ireland are generally always on top form, Italy have been coming up in their play and Wales too. I think this year is going to be a lot closer than in a while and think that the scores are no way going to reflect any game play.

I think it could be Irelands year this year though to be honest.

Katy
21-01-2007, 11:14
thats what every ones impression is but you never know with a competition like this. It will be weird seeing it take play at Croke Park though, i think the fans will find it weird there actually being a roof on the ground.

France i think will be tough competition and as you say it will be interesting to see how ashton differs to Robinson. Theres also a lot of Injuries to the England team (most of them being Phillipe Saint Andres men at sale) that couild make a difference. Im looking forward to see if Ireland can keep up that performance against the Aussies.

Jojo
21-01-2007, 11:24
Its surprising how you don't notice the roof though - having been to Millenium a number of times for Internationals, you don't notice the roof at all - it feels almost the same to be honest - the only time you really notice it is if there are either high winds or rain, so there are the obvious benefits.

I think England are going to be on the back burner for a bit to be honest - what with injuries, new coach etc - although they could come out and surprise us! I just hope the scenes of them being booed off the pitch aren't going to be repeated again. That was extremely sad to see English Rugby get to that point.

I think it will be between Ireland and France, but hope it will be Ireland out of the two this year (if England don't of course lol)

Will have a look for the line ups - see whos up in a min.

Katy
21-01-2007, 11:29
I have an Ireland shirt that there is no green left in it as all the colour has been washed out by the rain, as i was standing in the open end of Landsdowne Road, it was a great day but i was so wet and cold at the end of it.

It is sad when teams get booed of but you would hope that it would make them play better for the fans. Manchester City FC are getting booed off most weeks and it is sad but they dont help themselves like the England Rugby team last year.

Its a whole new competition though and hopefully we will have fresh faces and fresh legs, although im dreading the day we have Chabal and stringer on the same pitch.

Jojo
21-01-2007, 11:32
England

Alex Brown Andy Farrell Dan Ward-Smith Danny Grewcock George Chuter Harry Ellis Iain Balshaw Jamie Noon Jason Robinson Joe Worsley Jonny Wilkinson Josh Lewsey Julian White Lee Mears Lewis Moody Louis Deacon Mark Cueto Martin Corry Mathew Tait Mike Catt Mike Tindall Paul Sackey Perry Freshwater Peter Richards Phil Vickery (c)Shane Geraghty Shaun Perry Steve Thompson Tim Payne Toby Flood Tom Palmer Tom Rees

France

Anthony Floch Aurelien Rougerie Bennjamin Boyet Benoit August Cedric Heymans Christophe Dominici Clement Poitrenaud Damien Traille David Marty David Skrela Dimitri Szarzewski Dimitri Yachvili Elvis Vermeulen Fabien Pelous (c)Florian FritzGregory Lamboley Imanol Harinordoquy Jean-Baptiste Elissalde Jean-Baptiste Poux Jerome Thion Julien Bonnaire Laurent Emmanuelli Lionel Nallet Nicolas Mas Olivier Milloud Pascal Pape Pierre Mignoni Pieter De Villiers Raphael Ibanez Remy Martin Romain Cabannes Sebastien Bruno Sebastien Chabal Serge Betsen Sylvain Marconnet Thierry Dusautoir Thomas Castaignede Vincent Clerc Yannick Jauzion Yannick Nyanga

Ireland

Andrew Trimble Barry Murphy Brian O'Driscoll (c)Bryan Young David Wallace Denis Hickie Denis Leamy Donncha O'Callaghan Eoin Reddan Frankie Sheahan Geordan Murphy Girvan Dempsey Gordon D'Arcy Isaac Boss Jamie Heaslip Jerry Flannery John Hayes John Kelly Keith Gleeson Luke Fitzgerald Malcolm O'Kelly Marcus Horan Mick O'Driscoll Neil Best Paddy Wallace Paul O'Connell Peter Stringer Robert Kearney Ronan O'Gara Rory Best Shane Horgan Simon Best Simon Easterby Tommy Bowe Trevor Hogan

Scotland

Alastair Kellock Allan Jacobsen Allister Hogg Andrew Henderson Ben MacDougall Bruce Douglas Calum MacRae Chris Paterson Craig Smith Dan Parks David Callam Dougie Hall Gavin Kerr Graeme Morrison Hugo Southwell Jim Hamilton John Beattie Jon Petrie Kelly Brown Marcus Di Rollo Mike Blair Nathan Hines Phil Godman Rob Dewey Robbie Russell Rory Lamont Ross Ford Scott Gray Scott Lawson Scott Murray Sean Lamont Simon Taylor Simon Webster

Wales

Adam Jones Alix Popham Alun Wyn Jones Brent Cockbain Ceri Sweeney Chris Horsman Duncan Jones Dwayne Peel Gareth Cooper Gareth Thomas Gavin Evans Gavin Henson Gavin Thomas Gethin Jenkins Hal Luscombe Ian Evans Ian Gough James Hook Jonathan Thomas Kevin Morgan Lee Byrne Mark Jones Martyn Williams Matthew Rees Michael Owen Michael Phillips Rhys Thomas Ryan Jones Shane Williams Sonny Parker Stephen Jones (c)Tom Shanklin

Italy

Alessandro Zanni Andrea Lo Cicero Andrea Masi Andrea Scanavacca Carlo Festuccia Carlo-Antonio Del Fava Carlos Nieto David Bortolussi Ezio Galon Fabio Ongaro Gert Peens Gonzalo Canale Josh Sole Kaine Robertson Leonardo Ghiraldini Marco Bortolami (c)Marko Stanojevic Martin Castrogiovanni Matias Aguero Maurizio Zaffiri Mauro Bergamasco Mirco Bergamasco Pablo Canavosio Paul Griffen Ramiro Pez Robert Barbieri Salvatore Perugini Santiago Dellape Sergio Parisse Valerio Bernabo Walter Pozzebon Warren Spragg

Jojo
21-01-2007, 11:34
Bit of a long list there - may have to do some format playing lol.

t is sad when teams get booed of but you would hope that it would make them play better for the fans. Manchester City FC are getting booed off most weeks and it is sad but they dont help themselves like the England Rugby team last year.

Yeah - I think or at least I hope that England don't put out a repeat performance and start playing. With the World Cup coming up aswell, the teams I think are really going to go for it - show what they can do in readiness, if that makes sense.

Katy
21-01-2007, 11:38
definatly they dont want a repeat performance and the 6 nations is the ideal Warm up to the world cup.

I just read that shane horgan is out for the first two games. Thats a blow as he has just come back. Its great to see Jerry back in the picture after his nasty collerbone injury. Its great seeing players return it goves a real bost. Also like the look of Ulsters Isaac Boss, he had a great game in for Stringer that time so it would be good to see if he gets a game.

I see Jason Robinsons been called back to the England set up. I think thats a mistake as there is proabably a more quicker player. I hope he does well as i really like him and his style of play but hes not as quick now, and hes still trying to pull of (another) injury.

Jojo
21-01-2007, 12:04
And why on earth have they called back Jonny Wilkinson back into the line up!

Katy
21-01-2007, 12:10
i know what you mean, without Hodgson Ashton needs a kicker surely if a good kicker is needed you dont go back to mr injury himself. Jonny had his time at the world cup he is never going to be back to his standard, with his knee, kidney, back, leg, arm, toe, foot, finger, injuries really. That Floods a good kicker, but i thought they would have included, Ryan Lamb from Glouster i think he plays. Hes a great little kicker young as well.

alan45
21-01-2007, 12:35
Obviously I have to say IRELAND. I think playing their games at Croke Park will be a big advantage. The Welsh seem well on form too and much as I hate to say it the French have a great squad too

Jojo
21-01-2007, 12:39
The thing with the Welsh Squad is that they've been playing well lately and haven't really changed that much of late, so have that experience starting to come into effect which England have been trying to get back since the World Cup. I think we'll see great things from the Welsh and as long as they aren't playing England, I will be showing my support to them (just like my hubby will be for England - oh yeah, sorry, day dreaming again lol)

Katy
21-01-2007, 15:46
lol, my dad thinks i should show my support to England, but i dont want to i dont want them to lose badly or anything just my team is Ireland and it always will be. Its pretty fun in our house, my mums scottish, dads cheering for Ireland and so am i and my sister cheers for England, until they lose and she switches, shes not got the hang of supporting yet.

Richie_lecturer
21-01-2007, 17:37
Obviously I have to say IRELAND. I think playing their games at Croke Park will be a big advantage. The Welsh seem well on form too and much as I hate to say it the French have a great squad too

Are the Frogs playing at Croak [sic?] Park this year? :D

Katy
21-01-2007, 17:58
yes they are ritchie, its Croke park as well but you dont pronounce the K, its said like Crow like the bird.

alan45
31-01-2007, 07:46
So former World Cup hero Jonny Wilkinson is to rteturn to the England squad for the forthcomin 6 Nations. To read some of the tabloid press you would think its a foregone conclusion that he is going to score hundreds of points for England.

No pressure there then:rolleyes:

My prediction is that whoever wins at the Millenium Stadium this Sunday will win the six nations.

Anyway heres to a great competition.

Richie_lecturer
31-01-2007, 10:55
No doubt Johnny will crock himself in the first game.

His leg will probably fall off as he takes a penalty in front of the posts.

alan45
31-01-2007, 10:56
No doubt Johnny will crock himself in the first game.

His leg will probably fall off as he takes a penalty in front of the posts.

Leg scores right between the uprights while ball remains.

Siobhan
31-01-2007, 11:08

I am with you on this Alan.. think Ireland are strong this year.. if we don't get the 6 nations, we should get triple crown

CrazyLea
31-01-2007, 17:00
Sunday 4th Feb has on BBC is:

Wales v Ireland (Kick off 3pm)

:crying: I'm going to miss the match :eek:
Come on Wales!!! :D

Jojo
31-01-2007, 17:03
Like I said before, why bring back Johnny?!:angry: Stupid, ridiculous and daft! He'll be injured out during the first match no doubt! Pointless :rolleyes:

Katy
31-01-2007, 17:05
Everyone is saying Ireland, the back of the Irish Post says the weekend where Ireland mayu create History winning the Grand Slam. I tink theres far to much pressure, what if they really stuff up the opener, i hope they dont and i for one hope they can win, but theres so much publicity that im sure the players are a ware of and whether it will affent there play.
I have the Ireland flag in the window as well, all prepared. Im, really excited.

Katy
03-02-2007, 13:37
Its officially here.

Scotland and England later im watching, mums got her Scotland shirt on.

Will Wilkinson, Farrell and Robinson, be as good as they make out, or will it be a mistake that ashton has been named head coach.

Its so exciting.

Jojo
03-02-2007, 13:43
Its officially here.

Scotland and England later im watching, mums got her Scotland shirt on.

Will Wilkinson, Farrell and Robinson, be as good as they make out, or will it be a mistake that ashton has been named head coach.

Its so exciting.

Watching Italy v France at the moment.

Wilkinson will be an interesting one - he's only had 40 mins playing time so far this season, so I am wondering how on earth Ashton felt he could pick him! (Although we are lying short with fly halfs and decent kickers at the moment lol)

Lets hope that everyone doesn't jump on his bandwagon should England lose (or should that be when England lose lol) today and give him a chance to prove himself as Head Coach.

Katy
03-02-2007, 13:54
I have the France game on in the backgorundthought the score would be higher by now. Chabels at his usual scary self. Im sure he gets taken by the men in white coats after everygame.

As for Ashton your right people need to give him a chance, a bit like the Irish when Staunton was announced Footie manager. All the specualtion about hoiw he werent up to it without seeing him. Lets hope Jonny doesnt do a Michael owen.

Jojo
03-02-2007, 13:59
To be honest, I'd far prefer Wilkinson not being in the squad and for once actually agree with Robinson in that he should have been playing for the "A" squad last night at Exeter (great game, would have gone if hubby weren't working :angry: ) They need to start looking at their fly half's and kickers and get some new good blood into the squad.

Balshaw being out injured isn't great either at this late stage. If I keep in mind we are going to lose - I'll be happy IF we scraped a win lol.

Too often people dont give the new coach's etc a chance and judge them on the opening game.

I'm surprised Italy are holding France off for so long (although try has just been scored by Dominici) but they have been up and coming since they joined the tournament. They are definitely a team to watch.

Katy
03-02-2007, 14:04
Think France will be tough competition, thats it now that final trys been scored therll be off. I dont know why they didnt give Lamb a try as a kicker hes good and young really the six nations is the time to try out new players, expecially with the world cup coming.

My dad said nefore that really England should walk this competition and any other as they have many many more players thabn Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The fact they share a league proves that point. So maybe it is in the sesction. There must be a reason though why Ashton chose to bring back Jonny though. Either that or hes tactically naive.

And another try for France, i think this is set for a pasting.

Jojo
03-02-2007, 14:20
Yeah, France will take this now - they're on their roll so that will be it!

England should in theory walk it but maybe having more players doesn't make it easier to pick the better ones. They may play brilliantly in their club side, with their team mates, but put them in an international team, with people who they don't play and train with on a weekly basis and it all goes to pot.

There must be some reason that Ashton brought Jonny back in, but after 40 mins this season, it must be either a damn good reason, or a pretty daft mistake.

Katy
03-02-2007, 14:22
lol, yeah and the same with Andy, i mean he was great at league but crossing codes is a challenge. I mean hes not played much union this season but it might work.

Jojo
03-02-2007, 14:28
He might do ok and may surprise us - I think today they'll come out guns blazing (and then still mess it up!! :rotfl: - I mean do fairly well) but I doubt they'll keep it up the entire tournament.

Jonathan Davies made the change brilliantly, and some others have too, but its definitely a challenge and takes a certain type of player to do it well. Look at the Paul's - we've not heard much from them at all recently.

Katy
03-02-2007, 14:39
well Jason Robinson was a prime example, he was great at Warrington i think it was and now at Sale and England. I tink that the change won tbe the trouble its the lack of games.

Jojo
03-02-2007, 14:44
Agreed. Problem also comes when there is high expectation of the players if they've been fantastic league players - its automatically assumed they'll be great union wise too, and if they haven't played enough games, then IMO, they shouldn't be picked for their Country until they have done.

Katy
03-02-2007, 14:46
Teh assumptions really high and you just done know whats going to happen until they play. I think that England will get the win toaday, but the Scots wont play lightly, think they are missing White which is dissapointing, as hes a good player and there captain. Im set for a good afternoon, The City match and England Scotland, plus Tomorow Ireland Wales, what more could i ask for.

Jojo
03-02-2007, 15:06
I'm staying put on my butt all afternoon and will be for the Welsh game tomorrow aswell, this is what the weekend is about! :rotfl:

Katy
03-02-2007, 15:08
lol, ive told my mum thats what im doing to. Im in my scraggy clothes today as well, not planning on going out, so why bother making myself look good.

Chabel had two trys. Hes such a good player. I think his main tactic is SCARE the opposition.

Jojo
03-02-2007, 15:09
lol Definitely!!!

Shame in a sense Betson is playing - really don't like him or his playing methods, but then you get one in every team

Katy
03-02-2007, 15:12
yeah i know what you mean, i dont like him either. I remember him in the world cup and i didnt like him.

Jojo
03-02-2007, 15:13
Dirty, dirty player. They are everywhere unfortunately, but hes just....arghhhh :angry: lol

Katy
03-02-2007, 15:15
lol, hes rugbys answer to the aussie football team.

Tackle anything that moves !!

Jojo
03-02-2007, 15:16
Yeah, tackle anything that moves and stamp on anything thats on the floor! :rotfl: :angry:

Enjoy this weekends games everyone

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2007, 16:35
Heeeerrrrreeeee'ssssss Johnny! :)

Sadly the Scots have touched down. :(

Katy
03-02-2007, 17:04
not to bad. Scotland 13 England 17 its not over yet. Its a good game.

Chloe O'brien
03-02-2007, 23:32
What can I say the Scot's were gubbed and lost the calcutta cup to the old enemy. We were lucky to get that first try due to England dropping the ball. I think we will probably finish 4th or 5th in the table this year we should beat Italy but I think we will be thrashed by Ireland although we have the home advantage I don't think it will be enough.

Richie_lecturer
04-02-2007, 00:12
Sadly the Scots have touched down. :(

..and bombed. :p Thank god for Johnny, ripping Scotland to shreds with Wilkinson's Sword, well, all round play anyway. :confused:

P.S. Why is it called the Calcutta cup? Sounds like a triangular tournement with India. :searchme:

alan45
04-02-2007, 01:55
Sadly the Scots have touched down.

..and bombed. :p Thank god for Johnny, ripping Scotland to shreds with Wilkinson's Sword, well, all round play anyway. :confused: :(Well let me find my hat so as I can eat it. Brilliant match and all credit due to Johnny Gillette. Super Match. Well deserved win. (Sorry Kath)

P.S. Why is it called the Calcutta cup? Sounds like a triangular tournement with India. :searchme:
The Calcutta cup was presented to the RFU to be awarded for the winner of the annual England vs.Scotland international. The trophy originated in India. The Calcutta football club which had been started by former students of rugby school 4 years earlier had been wound up and the remaining rupees in the club's funds were melted down to be re-worked into the trophy

Katy
04-02-2007, 11:20
I never knew that about the Calcutta cup.

It really did turn into the Jonny wilkinson show after a while. Jason Robinson got two tries right after i said, "dont know why they bother with him, hes far to old and cant run that fast anymore" Well it served me right i think he was saying actually i have young legs. It was a good game, better in the first half as it turned a bit one sided in the second, but great to watch especially as i didnt really want anyone to win.

4 hours till Kick off.

Richie_lecturer
04-02-2007, 14:26
I never knew that about the Calcutta cup.
Me neither. Thanks Alan.

It really did turn into the Jonny wilkinson show after a while. Jason Robinson got two tries right after i said, "dont know why they bother with him, hes far to old and cant run that fast anymore" Well it served me right i think he was saying actually i have young legs.

Maybe I should do that each match - talk down our chances, then maybe we'll win each time.

Katy
04-02-2007, 15:59
That was a touch and Go first half. Ireland need to shape up, O Garas first half has been a mare, cant seem to kick, O connell has been anonamous by O Connells standards.

Great try after 45 seconds.

Hope we can keep it up. That blood injury looked nasty. Anyway second half calls.

That was a tense second half, O Garas try was good and there was some great defending at the end. Very entertaining even though there were few goals.

From Irelands perspective, O Driscoll limping off didnt look to great, hope he hasnt damaged himself looked like a hamstring to me. It was also good seeing Jerry Flannery again.

alan45
04-02-2007, 18:57
I was travelling down to Mayo so had to listen to it on the car radio. Nearly crashed a couple of times. Glad they won but it was a bit of a sweat. Still good excuse to have a pint of the Black Stuff

Cheers my dears

Chloe O'brien
04-02-2007, 23:30
Well done to the Irish, but the welsh put up a tough fight. We play Wales next week at Murrayfield so fingers crossed that we beat them.

Siobhan
05-02-2007, 11:20
Well done to the Irish, but the welsh put up a tough fight. We play Wales next week at Murrayfield so fingers crossed that we beat them.

Ireland made some very stupid mistakes yesterday and another team would have been all over them.. Wales did really really well yesterday but the results went to Ireland (which for me is all that matters). Ireland need to pick up their game against France on Sunday... come on Ireland

Jojo
05-02-2007, 11:26
Well, was pleasantly surprised by Englands performance at the weekend. Pretty good show by all although it will be interesting to see if they can keep that up during the entire tournament and not just the first game.

Wales put up a good fight yesterday and played pretty well. I didn't think Ireland put up their best performance, but got the result they deserved.

Great games all weekend. Good to watch, especially when the running game is played as opposed to kicking.

Siobhan
05-02-2007, 11:49
Actually, it was quiet funny yesterday... I didn't see any of the irish trys.. I would switch it on and wales was making a good attack and I got scared so turn over to another channel.. when I turned back Ireland had scored.... it always happens with me and rugby.. if I don't watch Ireland win...

CrazyLea
05-02-2007, 15:42
*Walks in, head sunk low*

Damn Wales :p I didn't watch it, was it a good match??
Well done to Ireland :p

Katy
05-02-2007, 16:08
It was a good match Lea, we were outrun by Wales alot of the times, and a few more mistakes from us could have cost us dearly. It was a good atch to watch. There were times i thought we had blown it.

I have tried listening to rugby in the car, it doesnt happen, i get too excited and my dad always nearly crashes like Alan said.

It was a good day all round for me as Mayo beat Kerry in the NFL GAA. Few months too late but its nice to win against them.

roll on France at croke park.

alan45
05-02-2007, 17:53
It was a good day all round for me as Mayo beat Kerry in the NFL GAA. Few months too late but its nice to win against them.

roll on France at croke park.

Now I know why everyone here in Westport was so happy

Katy
06-02-2007, 15:06
lol, Its always a good day when we beat the kingdom.

Back to the 6 nations. Still no news on how bad O Driscolls Hamstring is. I really hope he can play the frence game. I think we have had i cant think of a replacement unless he brings on Murphy and shuffles the pack. Anyway think positive thoughts that he will be ok.

How come Ireland is another sunday game ? I preparing for another weekend of slobbing about. Im even getting all my work done in preparation to watch all the games.

Katy
08-02-2007, 10:08
Just when i thought things couldnt get anyworse for the game against Franch. They Did.

Missing O Driscoll (hamstring) and Stringer (broke bone in hand)

Hopefully the replacememts can handle the pressure.

alan45
08-02-2007, 11:08
I think he has made a mistake dropping Trimble. He had a good if not spectacular game. He was succesful in all his tackles

Katy
09-02-2007, 15:27
Trimble, had a mare the first half but i thought he got much better. I knew someone had been dropped as Horgan has come back, didnt think that trimble was the one though. Im quite shocked at that. Read today Eddie is impressed with the french movement of the squad. That doesnt sound to promising. Is there any confirmation yet on who will replace the injured to. I think Murphys got to be in there and i was thinking Maybe boss will replace stringer but who knows.

alan45
09-02-2007, 17:30
Trimble, had a mare the first half but i thought he got much better. I knew someone had been dropped as Horgan has come back, didnt think that trimble was the one though. Im quite shocked at that. Read today Eddie is impressed with the french movement of the squad. That doesnt sound to promising. Is there any confirmation yet on who will replace the injured to. I think Murphys got to be in there and i was thinking Maybe boss will replace stringer but who knows.

Well here is the latest news fro the IRFU

Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan has confirmed that both Brian O'Driscoll and Peter Stringer have failed to recover sufficiently from injury for Sunday's Six Nations clash with France.

O'Sullivan made the announcement at a press conference at Croke Park this afternoon.
O'Driscoll (hamstring) and Stringer (hand) sustained their injuries in last weekend's 19-9 defeat of Wales and despite treatment, will both miss Ireland's second match of the championship.

The Irish back line for the French game has been reshuffled due to the withdrawals - Shane Horgan moves into the centre to partner Gordon D'Arcy, while Geordan Murphy comes onto the right wing in place of Horgan, with Andrew Trimble confirmed on the replacements bench.

With Stringer absent at scrum half, Isaac Boss will make his first RBS 6 Nations championship start in his place, with Eoin Reddan his back-up on the bench.

O'Sullivan also confirmed that number 8 Denis Leamy came through training, so Jamie Heaslip is not considered for the replacements.

The Ireland team will be captained by Munster lock Paul O'Connell.

IRELAND TEAM AND REPLACEMENTS (v France, Croke Park, Sunday, February 11, kick-off 3pm):
15 - Girvan Dempsey (Terenure College/Leinster) 70 caps
14 - Geordan Murphy (Leicester Tigers) 44
13 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 27
12 - Shane Horgan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 51
11 - Denis Hickie (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 54
10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster) 67
9 - Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster) 5
1 - Marcus Horan (Shannon/Munster) 43
2 - Rory Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 8
3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster) 69
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster) 3
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) 40 (capt)
6 - Simon Easterby (Llanelli Scarlets) 53
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster) 33
8 - Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster) 18

Replacements:
16 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster) 10
17 - Simon Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 13
18 - Mick O'Driscoll (Cork Constitution/Munster) 5
19 - Neil Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 7
20 - Eoin Reddan (London Wasps) 1
21 - Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster) 2
22 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster) 11

Chloe O'brien
09-02-2007, 20:11
It's going to be a tough game for Scotland tomorrow although we have the home advantage the last time Wales were at Murrayfield they won, but the new manager has only won 2 games so the pressure is on Wales. If Scotland do loose tomorrow they may as well say "Here's the Wooden Spoon, now go and eat you're porridge" :rotfl:

Katy
10-02-2007, 13:41
IRELAND TEAM AND REPLACEMENTS (v France, Croke Park, Sunday, February 11, kick-off 3pm):
15 - Girvan Dempsey (Terenure College/Leinster) 70 caps
14 - Geordan Murphy (Leicester Tigers) 44
13 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 27
12 - Shane Horgan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 51
11 - Denis Hickie (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 54
10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster) 67
9 - Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster) 5
1 - Marcus Horan (Shannon/Munster) 43
2 - Rory Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 8
3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster) 69
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster) 3
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) 40 (capt)
6 - Simon Easterby (Llanelli Scarlets) 53
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster) 33
8 - Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster) 18

Replacements:
16 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster) 10
17 - Simon Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 13
18 - Mick O'Driscoll (Cork Constitution/Munster) 5
19 - Neil Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 7
20 - Eoin Reddan (London Wasps) 1
21 - Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster) 2
22 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster) 11

Thats a blow, i hink O connell will make a good captain, even though in the last game he was almost imvisible. I think England have won there game already italy bless them just aint up to it. I also think the Wales will win as well, and i dont know about the green army tomorrow.

Katy
11-02-2007, 12:56
England won again, albeit not as good as i expected as it were Italy. Also Scotland beat the welsh, in quite a good game, a bit slow starting but got better towards the end. Looking forward for three o clock.

alan45
11-02-2007, 15:59
Scary first half for Ireland. Thank God for O'Gara

Katy
11-02-2007, 16:54
Devastated, Gutted, no other words to describe it. So close.

alan45
11-02-2007, 16:57
Devastated, Gutted, no other words to describe it. So close.
Me too. But in all fairness France were the better side. Better defending in the last few minutes would have saved the match. Still it was a tremendous match.

CrazyLea
11-02-2007, 16:58
Very close!! Ireland played really well!! Especially O'Gara I think. :( Can't believe that :(

Katy
11-02-2007, 17:05
It was a great match, just a tiny lapse in the final seconds, still devastating though. O Gara had a cracker ALL the points. One concentration lapse and thats the game finished, but they worked hard and so did France so, they did kind of deserve the points.

Chloe O'brien
11-02-2007, 18:57
Shockaroonie or what I really thought that Ireland had it in the bag with that penelty but then France had to go and get a last minute try. My head was in my hands. Brilliant match the best of the 6 nations so far.

Jojo
11-02-2007, 22:28
That was a great game - it could have gone either way.

Siobhan
12-02-2007, 10:24
That was a great game - it could have gone either way.

we were robbed :crying::crying::crying:

Richie_lecturer
12-02-2007, 13:26
France are the favourites now.

England flatter to deceive. Let's see them play without Johnny again...

Katy
12-02-2007, 15:53
we were robbed :crying::crying::crying:

:crying: :crying: I know, i couldnt believe it, i actually shed a little tear, in shear disbelief.

alan45
12-02-2007, 16:03
Anyone care to forecast the result of the Ireland v England Match.

Personally I think if Ireland play as well in the first 39 minutes of the France match then they will win especially if Stringer and O' Driscoll are back in the pack.

30 -20

Katy
12-02-2007, 16:08
Hopefully it will be an Ireland win, lets hope they prepare well and forget about the France result. I think Croke Park will help as it will create a good atmosphere. Lets hope that the come into it fresh and not still thinking about what could have been.

Jojo
12-02-2007, 19:05

Personally I think if Ireland play as well in the first 39 minutes of the France match then they will win especially if Stringer and O' Driscoll are back in the pack.

30 -20

Thats being very optimistic for England's scoreline if you ask me Alan!! :rotfl:

I'd say an Ireland win though, unless England pull something out of the hat. I didn't get to see the game against Italy as I was in Birmingham, but listening to it, it sounded a load of tripe and the hubby said watching it, they didn't fare much better. However, Brian Ashton could well get them pulling their socks up and kick their backsides so they pull out all of the stops against Ireland......we'll see.

Katy
19-02-2007, 11:52
Ive missed my six nations doseage this weekend. Is Wilkinson injured then? as he didnt feature for Newcastle this weekend.

alan45
19-02-2007, 12:10

30 -20

Apparently the bookies in Dublin are taking a huge amount of money in bets that the score will be 19 - 16

Richie_lecturer
19-02-2007, 13:07
I think Johnny was just taking a break, like the other England players mostly, in case he did get cropped.

I predict an Ireland win this weekend, but I think France will win the group.

Katy
20-02-2007, 09:45
yeah me to France i think have definitly won it again. but Chabel limping off with bandages round his legs will be big dissapointment to both France and Phillippe Saint Andres Sale.

Jojo
20-02-2007, 09:52
The majority of the England players (and other national sides) were playing for their club sides at the weekend, even though requests had been made for a rest weekend for them.

I was going to say, shame about Chabel, but then if he isn't fielded in the French team due to injury - some good may have come out of it :rotfl:

I think France is the stronger team again this year, but who knows what happens.

On a side note - I think this whole tournament isn't really about "winning" any more - its about who gets the most points at the end of the day. Having been sat watching the Super 14 over the weekend etc - now that is real rugby! They are truly playing rugby wanting to win, none of this, lets kick for goal every opportunity we get crap. You just don't see that much anymore during the 6 Nations which is a shame - even if England lost, but played a fantastic game of rugby, running at every opportunity, not kicking a penalty from 42m away (and its not just England guilty of this), then it would be far better to watch for us fans. Maybe they should take note.

Katy
20-02-2007, 11:13
I agree, i think that the game needs more points, trying to get the try and score at every oppurtunity. Its why scorelines of 16 9 bore the hell out of me. I like 43 - 40 really tight top scoring games.

Jojo
20-02-2007, 11:22
TBH though, I don't care about the points - its the game thats the thing. Watching the Super 14's over the weekend, the Southern Hemisphere guys really play the game. Running even from their own 22 etc. This is what the Northern teams need to start doing, rather than kicking for penalities at every opportunity. Wheres the passion for the game in doing that.

Katy
20-02-2007, 11:31
i suppose, kicking all the time and not running, starts to turn the game into Rugby league, making the game not flow as much as some of the super 14 games do.

Jojo
20-02-2007, 11:35
Exactly - it turns it into how many times can we either kick the ball into touch, or kick for goal rather than running. Sometimes, seeing the Northern hemisphere guys kicking for goal from the 22 rather than running - I mean come on!!!

The Super 14 games are so exciting - edge of your seat stuff - hard tackles, lots of running, the ball is kept in play, rucks and mauls all round and hardly any kicking for goal. It makes for such a better game to watch.

Siobhan
20-02-2007, 15:35
I agree, i think that the game needs more points, trying to get the try and score at every oppurtunity. Its why scorelines of 16 9 bore the hell out of me. I like 43 - 40 really tight top scoring games.
I love those games too.. close in score but tonnes and tonnes of action from both ends

Katy
21-02-2007, 14:17
The best way to play rugby, although id hate to be one of the players the amount of bashing around that happens.

Looking forward to England Ireland now, should be a good game.

Jojo
22-02-2007, 09:26
You dont feel the bashing when you're playing Katy - adrenaline takes over although you ache for days afterwards lol

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not with the history etc thats there. At least my day is sorted seeing as all games are back to back.

Katy
22-02-2007, 13:18
a bit like sailing then, feel nothing during the race, but after your covered in bruises, must still be painful, but i suppose with all the physios at professional level.

Finally ireland have a saturday game.

Siobhan
23-02-2007, 13:31
Dont know how much is true but there are rumours of riots at the Ireland v England game on Saturday. If they do happen I just want you to know it does not represent the views of all Irish people and I can guarantee it would not be true rugby fans that cause this, just a group of non fans just wanting to make a point.. I apologise in advance IF it does happen (this is just from overhearing a few angry irish people)

Jojo
23-02-2007, 13:36
Why would true rugby fans cause these riots though - imo true rugby fans band together as one and enjoy the game - not do pathetic things like rioting (more commonly seen on the footie pitch)

I truly hope this doesn't happen, but in some respects, with Croke Park's history - will this not really surprise anyone?!

Siobhan
23-02-2007, 13:42
Why would true rugby fans cause these riots though - imo true rugby fans band together as one and enjoy the game - not do pathetic things like rioting (more commonly seen on the footie pitch)

I truly hope this doesn't happen, but in some respects, with Croke Park's history - will this not really surprise anyone?!

That is why I say NON rugby fans would cause this and it is because of the history that they expect riots.. Personally, I think it is stupid, will accomplish nothing and ruin a perfectly good game (which we know will be exciting) so what's the point

Jojo
23-02-2007, 13:47
Dont know how much is true but there are rumours of riots at the Ireland v England game on Saturday. If they do happen I just want you to know it does not represent the views of all Irish people and I can guarantee it would be true rugby fans that cause this just a group of non fan just wanting to make a point.. I apologise in advance IF it does happen (this is just from overhearing a few angry irish people)

That is why I say NON rugby fans would cause this and it is because of the history that they expect riots.. Personally, I think it is stupid, will accomplish nothing and ruin a perfectly good game (which we know will be exciting) so what's the point

Ohh, your original post didn't though - hence my reply. What concerns me is the safety of the people going aswell - children of all ages go to watch the rugby and for mindless idiots to do this (if it happens) - well, words cannot describe how this makes me feel...

Siobhan
23-02-2007, 13:52
Ooop sorry about that, should have said wouldn't.. will edit it

Yeah.. there is a lot of young kid who go to rugby match who know nothing of the history that has to watch this and wonder why?

Jojo
23-02-2007, 13:55
In some ways, because of the history, it surprised me that the Irish home games would be played at Croke Park though...didn't the powers that be think that there could be trouble caused by mindless idiots when England came over?

Its very very concerning..

Siobhan
23-02-2007, 13:56
In some ways, because of the history, it surprised me that the Irish home games would be played at Croke Park though...didn't the powers that be think that there could be trouble caused by mindless idiots when England came over?

Its very very concerning..

Simple answer.. we don't have many stadiums and the old rugby one (lansdowne road) is been renovated so we have to play somewhere and a lot went into Croke park so they want to show it off.. I assume organisers felt that it was in the past and we should have moved on a bit

Jojo
23-02-2007, 13:59
Oh I see - but it seems that there are those that don't want to move on though which is the sad thing....

Lets hope this doesn't happen and that the game is in the news for the right reasons and not the wrong ones.

alan45
23-02-2007, 15:10
Personally I dont think there will be any trouble at the match. The troublemakers if any will be in a minority. The other 82000 people are there to watch a game of Rugby. There may be a token protest at the playing of God Save The Queen but this happens at the Millenium Stadium and Murrayfield. It has the possibilities of a great game and Im sure the vast majority of people there who have spent a small fortune on tickets for this match will not let their day be ruined by some half-wits rentamob who know as much about Irish History as my **** knows about snipe shooting. I would love to see some 5 foot nothing protester arguing with a 23 stone 6 foot rugby fan.

Let the Rugby do the talking not the so called politicians.

On a brighter note O' Driscoll and Stringer are both back and Johnny Wilkinson may not be playing

Siobhan
23-02-2007, 16:17
On a brighter note O' Driscoll and Stringer are both back and Johnny Wilkinson may not be playing

excellent.. glad they are both back.. going be one kick ass game

Chloe O'brien
23-02-2007, 22:22
Let's hope tomorrow the only thing that everyone is talking about is the brilliant game of rugby that was played. instead of the animostity. I was watching the news earlier and they were talking about the easter rising, and the arguments is more about the national anthem rather than what happened that day.

Katy
24-02-2007, 13:38
I agree with Alan, i personal doubt there will be any trouble as everyone sems really geared up for the game.

On a less brighter note, Wilkinson i think is playing, i had a feeling he would be all mind games before the match. But we shouldnt worry we have O Gara and O Driscoll back will definitly add experience to the sqaud.

Katy
24-02-2007, 19:33
What a game, i couldnt believe it. Started great with the national anthems, the Irish did themselves proud not booing or anything during God save the queen, i knew there wouldnt be any trouble. Then BIG John Hayes, and Flannery all emotional crying during the national anthem bless, it didnt stop them though.

Very exciting stuff, took a while to get going but when we did wow. Paul O Connell deserved Man of the Match he was everythere, though Horgan played Ace as well, hes like a man mountain that fellow.

And Italy beat Scotland at Murray field, I was quite surprised at that.

Chloe O'brien
24-02-2007, 20:31
What can I say Scotland were MINCE today. We should have beaten Italy. god helps us against the Irish and the French as they will leather us good and proper. If Wales beat France tonight Scotland will move to the bottom of the table and it will be the wooden spoon for us.

Well done to the lads from the Emerald Isle that was some match what a team.

Richie_lecturer
24-02-2007, 22:49
Ireland were always going to win. They have the edge over England these days. They will be kicking themselves over the France match.

France beat Wales, though not convincingly by any means. Scots heading for the wooden spoon. Maybe they can use it to stir their Scott's Porridge Oats?

Chloe O'brien
24-02-2007, 23:05
I don't think Frank Hadden is feeding them porridge otherwise they would have won against Italy. The best we can hope for is for someone to lock O'Driscoll and O'Gara in the changing rooms when they come to murrayfield. :D

alan45
24-02-2007, 23:28
As I predicted the Rugby supporters won the day, Had some some silly shinner tried to ruin the match I think everyone would have devoured them. Well done Ireland v johnny

alan45
24-02-2007, 23:33
What a game, i couldnt believe it. Started great with the national anthems, the Irish did themselves proud not booing or anything during God save the queen, i knew there wouldnt be any trouble. Then BIG John Hayes, and Flannery all emotional crying during the national anthem bless, it didnt stop them though.

Very exciting stuff, took a while to get going but when we did wow. Paul O Connell deserved Man of the Match he was everythere, though Horgan played Ace as well, hes like a man mountain that fellow.

And Italy beat Scotland at Murray field, I was quite surprised at that.There was never going to be a problem during the anthems. Its RUGBY not soccer but lets be honest there were more than just English fans singing the NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jojo
25-02-2007, 13:59
I thought this thread was going to be a nice friendly thread, without people constantly harping on at the English - be it fans or players?!

I didn't comment on any of this yesterday, felt that Ireland won well and that England played absolute *insert swear word* but:

If people want to talk about mind games, then I think the biggest mind game was played by Ireland taking 5 mins to come onto the pitch after England had come onto the field, and what would have been far better imo is if both teams appeared on the field together, united, just like all other games that have been played.

Most English people hate the National Anthem, and I for one can't understand why Land of Hope and Glory isn't played, like at such events as athletics etc, rather than God Save the Queen which is the national anthem of Great Britain. (Although I'm presuming you meant singing Alan, rather than signing.)

All rugby isn't about one player - its about the team as a whole. People could say that we lost only because Jason Robinson wasn't playing aswell, but we played badly as a team - not one person!

Lets stop bashing each other here and enjoy the games - what starts as friendly banter, soon changes into something different, and I for one don't appreciate the constant snipes that seem to go on.

Please....

Siobhan
26-02-2007, 10:43
I just want to say Ireland Kicked ASS!! it was a great game and England did play really bad.. Ireland should have done that against France.. I loved every minute of it and it was a fantastic game that I enjoyed so much

alan45
26-02-2007, 10:44
I thought this thread was going to be a nice friendly thread, without people constantly harping on at the English - be it fans or players?!

I didn't comment on any of this yesterday, felt that Ireland won well and that England played absolute *insert swear word* but:

If people want to talk about mind games, then I think the biggest mind game was played by Ireland taking 5 mins to come onto the pitch after England had come onto the field, and what would have been far better imo is if both teams appeared on the field together, united, just like all other games that have been played.

Most English people hate the National Anthem, and I for one can't understand why Land of Hope and Glory isn't played, like at such events as athletics etc, rather than God Save the Queen which is the national anthem of Great Britain. (Although I'm presuming you meant singing Alan, rather than signing.)

All rugby isn't about one player - its about the team as a whole. People could say that we lost only because Jason Robinson wasn't playing aswell, but we played badly as a team - not one person!

Lets stop bashing each other here and enjoy the games - what starts as friendly banter, soon changes into something different, and I for one don't appreciate the constant snipes that seem to go on.

Please....I think this still is a nice thread with some good natured banter on it. I dont think anybody has been insulted by some of the comments on here.

Personally the whole National Anthem thing was blown out of all proportion as was the events of over 80yrs ago. I dont think the media should have concentrated so much on it. To me all it was about was the game of Rugby. Naturally I was absolutely delighted to see IRELAND win so convincingly. Croke Park is a magnificent stadium irrespective of whether it belongs to the GAA or the IRFU.

I think both teams used mind games if you put it like that. Will Johnny be fit to play or will he not.. I dont think Ireland waited too long before coming on to the pitch. England got a tremendous cheer and welcome from ALL the fans there (deservedly so). Ireland only waited till the cheering died down before running on to the pitch.

Jojo
26-02-2007, 11:44
I am referring to previous posts regarding mind games - anyone knows with hamstring injuries that you have to wait for a day or so after training as to whether the player in question will be fit for play or not.

I still think it would have been far better had both teams entered the stadium united, like is generally the norm in all other matches.

I think the media threw everything out of proportion.

England played terrible - I've already said that, but Ireland weren't on their best form either.

Alan, I don't get insulted by comments made within this thread - I just get tired of reading them to be perfectly honest. There is so much England bashing going on, whether it be bantering or otherwise, that it gets slightly tiresome of reading, for me as an England supporter anyway.

alan45
26-02-2007, 12:10
England played terrible - I've already said that, but Ireland weren't on their best form either..

Well if they wernt on their best form heaven help Scotland and Italy if they play better than they played on Saturday.

Alan, I don't get insulted by comments made within this thread - I just get tired of reading them to be perfectly honest. There is so much England bashing going on, whether it be bantering or otherwise, that it gets slightly tiresome of reading, for me as an England supporter anyway.

There is nothing personal in any apparent England bashing I may make. Its what you would hear in any Rugby Club up and down the lenght of the land. Unfortunately the likes of Jermey Guscott really does not help in any way shape or form (but then we both agree on that:) ) So im sorry if my excitement gets the better of me at times (personally it was the pints of mAGNERS I blame):)

Richie_lecturer
26-02-2007, 12:28
England now need to do Ireland a favour and beat the Frogs.

Siobhan
26-02-2007, 12:35
England now need to do Ireland a favour and beat the Frogs.

Please do... I would be very very happy person.. Personally we should have beaten them ourselves but hey, can't win them all

Katy
26-02-2007, 15:34
I was hoping the Welsh would on saturday but they were too strong for them unfortunatly. It said in the Metro this morning (im sad i know the free paper) that Horgan said the English were unlucky as Ireland were so desperate to forget the France game.

But i think Ireland did wait to long to come onto the pitch, and i think that was wrong, especially for those on hill 16 who were getting soaked.

What did everyone think about La Marseilleise on saturday, i thought it sounded good without any music in the background, its not often that happens.

alan45
10-03-2007, 10:31
No offence to all my Scottish pals on here but I hope Ireland win at Murrayfield today and win the Triple Crown for the third time in four years.

Thank God its not this week when Im in Scotland. I think my green jersey would be outnumbered in the place Im staying. Its Italy next week but then it wont matter

Katy
10-03-2007, 15:25
Very good to win the triple crom for the third time in four years. So glad OGara was ok, i looked quite bad from the length of time he spent on the floor and the same goes for ODriscoll.

The Scots were brilliant, it was a really tense game and i thought it was France all over again. There were parts where we didnt deserve the win, but there were silly mistakes that gave penaltys away on both sides.

A 1 point victory to either side was justifyable.

Nearly the end of 07s six nations.

Then its the world cup to look forward to.

alan45
10-03-2007, 15:46
What a woeful performance by Ireland. Hardly the same team that won at Croker a fortnight ago. They were lucky to win after giving away stupid penalties.

Katy
10-03-2007, 15:54
Yeah exaclty Alan either side gave penaltys away they shouldnt. To be personally honest i think Scotland deserved the win more especially having to play with hine in the sin bin for ten minute. . Iam so happy we got the triple crown again but it was a very sloppy game and not very entertaining to be quite honest. Ireland were very lucky. Hickie however deserved man of the match.

That Lamont fella of Scotland was good as well, he made a tackle that saved the game and kept it close for the scots.

alan45
11-03-2007, 22:01
After the stick England got following their defeat at Croke Park at the hnds of Triple Crown Winners IRELAND. Let me be the first person to congratulate them on their magnificent match and victory over the French today. Well done. That now leaves the championship open.

Team P W D L F A PTS
1 France 4 3 0 1 109 67 6
2 Ireland 4 3 0 1 98 60 6
3 England 4 3 0 1 101 88 6
4 Italy 4 2 0 2 70 96 4
5 Scotland 4 1 0 3 76 107 2
6 Wales 4 0 0 4 59 95 0

Jojo
11-03-2007, 22:21
Bit of a turn around there - England actually playing well today!! Well done lads. I just hope they let Flood start and Geraghty as replacement next week instead of bringing Johnny back. After todays performances, they earned it.

Richie_lecturer
11-03-2007, 22:48
Much better from England but still far from perfect and too many errors. :nono: Flood and the blonde kid were excellent.

Just 4 scoring points seperate France and Ireland. Ireland need to bash the Italians in Rome to stand a chance of 6 Nations success. Even Italy could still win the group. :eek:

Wales for the wooden spoon. They are abysmal. If they play like that against England they will be ripped to pieces, by over 50 points, which could give England a sniff of the championship. :cool:

Siobhan
12-03-2007, 09:38
I would like to say thank you to England too.. now we have a game on.. 3 teams with one defeat each but as Richie said.. dont' rule Italy out (but not going to happen, Ireland are going to push)

alan45
12-03-2007, 10:33
I would like to say thank you to England too.. now we have a game on.. 3 teams with one defeat each but as Richie said.. dont' rule Italy out (but not going to happen, Ireland are going to push)

Especially as the match is being played on St. Patricks Day. Win or lose I will still find an excuse to Drown the Shamrock

Siobhan
12-03-2007, 10:52

Especially as the match is being played on St. Patricks Day. Win or lose I will still find an excuse to Drown the Shamrock

hehe we do that anyway even if it is not a national holiday

Katy
12-03-2007, 16:02
Yep, it was a great win by England and has left a wide open championship for the final game. I think the Italiens in Rome on Paddys day will be a great game, my mates haveing a drinking session round his then we going chorlton Irish centre to watch the game, well find somewhere.

We had a good sing of Irelands Call on Sunday in Albert Sqare for the beginning of the Patrick dday celebrations.

I felt for the welsh though, how mean was the ref blowing the whistle when they asked if they had time to try and get the try and conversion. I felt sorry for them a bit as the deserved the draw, but in all fairness to Italy they have been the surprise. Usually they would be sat bottom with no points. Its good to see difference for a change.

Siobhan
13-03-2007, 09:38
Apparently the case of O'Gara been choked at the Scotish game has been closed. There is no evidence and nobody has come forward

Richie_lecturer
13-03-2007, 14:45
That sounded incredibly disturbing.

Siobhan
13-03-2007, 15:00

it was, read for yourself: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6438345.stm

Katy
13-03-2007, 15:11
No O Connell for the Italy game. Mick O Driscoll takes his place and they dont no whether it will be S Best or Marcus Horan.

Sky sports news.

Richie_lecturer
13-03-2007, 23:08

it was, read for yourself: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6438345.stm

Oh dear, that is very bad. :eek:

Lucky it wasn't anything more serious.

Katy
14-03-2007, 17:02
ooh, goodie the ireland game is the early saturday start. That means all afternoon drinking time. As i need to be sober during the match, i get violent enough as it is.

Cant believe its the last weekend, till next year.

O Connells injury ruiles him out for a month apperently. Not good for Munster as hes a key figure in both squads.

Richie_lecturer
17-03-2007, 15:00
Ireland are going for it!

12-46, 15 minutes to go.

As it stands France will need to beat Scotland by 30 points.

I think we can rule out England now. :rolleyes:

Jojo
17-03-2007, 15:42
Shame England handed it to Ireland last week really eh?! Maybe we should have lost....:wall: :rolleyes:

alan45
17-03-2007, 16:18
:cheer:
Ireland are going for it!

12-46, 15 minutes to go.

As it stands France will need to beat Scotland by 30 points.

I think we can rule out England now. :rolleyes:

The French arent doing too well against the Scots at the minute either.

Im not being biased here but I fancy Wales to beat England at the Millenium. After all the Welsh have nowt to lose plus the advantage of the home crowd.

Yes its looking like Ireland's championship at the moment
:cheer:

alan45
17-03-2007, 16:51
Oh dear I spoke too soon. Allez France:thumbsdow

alan45
17-03-2007, 17:08
Maybe not:D :bow: Well done Scotland again

alan45
17-03-2007, 17:10
OMG the excitement is too much

Katy
17-03-2007, 17:31
Oh well theres always next year and the world cup to look forward to. Its so dissapointing as we came so far and it was so close. Theres so many times where we through it away really, letting France heve that try in the last moments of the game at croke park and again allowing Italy to concede. Scotland were doing us a great favour and played really well, but it just werent to be. It was a very exciting end. And theres the triple crown to be proud of as well.

Happy St Patricks Day !!!

alan45
17-03-2007, 17:36
What a day, What a match. Im gutted but the best team won. Of course England may beat Wales by 53 points and snatch the 6 Nations from France:rolleyes:

Happy St. Patrick's Day to Everyone

Katy
17-03-2007, 17:38
hmm, that looks doubtful considering Wales have gone over nad touched down. It would be nice if they won today. Its not nice seeing no points on the board. Anyway can drown my sorrows tonight. It wa certainly exciting and at the end of the day France did that extra bit more so truely desreve the title.

CrazyLea
17-03-2007, 19:18
Yaaaaaaaay! Go Wales :D

Even though it doesn't really make a difference, it does to us :D :lol:
Good on Wales :D

Oo, and Happy St Patricks day to all the Irish :D

Richie_lecturer
17-03-2007, 19:30

It matters to Wales. You have avoided the wooden spoon by 4 points. Hard luck Scotland.

Chloe O'brien
17-03-2007, 23:48

It matters to Wales. You have avoided the wooden spoon by 4 points. Hard luck Scotland.

We got the wooden spoon. NA! NA! NEE! NA! NA! Now we're off to eat our porrige :rotfl:

Bad luck to the Irish I thought the trophy was yours.

Happy St Paddy's Day enjoy your Guiness

Richie_lecturer
18-03-2007, 01:00
You'll need that porridge, the weather is on the turn. :)

Have had a fair bit of Guinness today. Now sobering up for Mummy's Day. :)

Hard luck Ireland. At least the cricketers made up for it. :)

Typical England to fail to build on a decent performance. :rolleyes:

Chloe O'brien
18-03-2007, 01:20

See that was our downfall not enough snow and rain to see of the other teams. Frankie boy better be given the team plenty of porridge with salt in it. They will need it for the world cup.

Katy
18-03-2007, 15:24

What a team. It made up for the defeat earlier on yesterday.

I feel rough after last night.

Well done to Wales. i really wanted to see them win. Its not nice when you dont score any points. It also makes a change Italia not being on the bottom of the table. All in all it was a great championship. Real exciting nail biting stuff at the end.

Siobhan
20-03-2007, 10:31
what a terrific nailbitting finish to this years 6 nations.. I was delight when Scotland scored then so disappointed when France got that late try.. man it was good to watch.. mind you, if Ireland were not so greedy then Italy would not have gotten that final try and we would have won :( but hey.. excellent stuff

alan45
20-03-2007, 11:10
what a terrific nailbitting finish to this years 6 nations.. I was delight when Scotland scored then so disappointed when France got that late try.. man it was good to watch.. mind you, if Ireland were not so greedy then Italy would not have gotten that final try and we would have won :( but hey.. excellent stuffSo many if onlys in this years six nations. If Only Wales had not kicked into touch against Italy, If only Ireland had kicked into touch against Italy, if only Ronan hadnt missed those conversions. If only Irelan hadnt let France score that late try at Croker. if only.

Ah well such is life.

At least we can look forward to the World Cup now.

Well done to ALL the teams on Sunday for three great matches.