PDA

View Full Version : General Questions/Comments

Abi
20-01-2007, 20:23
For any questions you have, or any comments you have on peoples games and how they're doing :)

Remember, you dont have to play the whole game in 1 go. You can pick your boxes, i'll post what they are etc, then you can post the rest in a few hours or whatever. As long as you post within 48 hours or me telling you what they were, then thats fine. Lea asked this, so i thought i'd tell the rest of you too.

CrazyLea
20-01-2007, 21:15
Can I just state.. for the record :p

I've only seen the show twice, so I'm learning as I go along :lol: I get what to do.. but still..

Pinkbanana
21-01-2007, 10:02
Well done to ol crazzeeeeeeeeeeeee, on a very good game (dealing at the right time) especially as you have only seen the game twice before! :lol:

Kim
21-01-2007, 11:04
Looks like I'm learning as I go along in terms of this thread, I accidentally commented in Lea's thread. :rotfl:

*-Rooney-*
21-01-2007, 11:39
how do you know when its your turn to play does someone email/pm you to play the game and is it played over msn or posted on threads, that part confuses me

Kim
21-01-2007, 12:03
how do you know when its your turn to play does someone email/pm you to play the game and is it played over msn or posted on threads, that part confuses me

Lea has played, so you can go to the order of play to see who is next up, and who is playing before you.

Abi
21-01-2007, 14:11
Looks like I'm learning as I go along in terms of this thread, I accidentally commented in Lea's thread. :rotfl:

Once they've finished, you can comment in their thread. Its just during the game i dont want people chatting in there, or it'll get confusing for me and the player.

Once the person before you has finished, i'll PM you to remind you that you're playing next. If you're still up for it, then i'll start a thread with your name in it, and you play in their (Just like Lea did yesterday)

Jojo
21-01-2007, 14:48
I have to say Abs - looks great so far!! Wish I'd been able to get online to play sooner!!

Once everyone has had a turn though, will that mean that its all over or can we start again and add any new winnings to the leaderboard, also with any new ones joining in??

Oh, and are the amounts in the boxes changed for each player (I'm presuming they are lol)

Abi
21-01-2007, 14:52
Well at the minute, anyone else who is interested in playing still has the chance, they just need to PM/Email me, and i'll add them to the list, theres no problem with that.

I'm not sure about what i'll do at the end. I was thinking about doing the competition again, and then do a Head-To-Head with the 2 winners off the leaderboards. They each play 1 more time, and the person who wins the most is the definitive winner. But thats just an idea at the moment. I think that might work better than adding it to the winnings of the first game, as other people could play who didn't play before, and still stand a good chance of winning it. But hey, any other suggestions/comments about that are welcome :)

Jojo
21-01-2007, 14:54
If this works well and seeing how well the real Deal or No Deal does, it would be a shame to finish it after say two rounds.... maybe have separate leaderboards for each round sort of thing..

I don't know - your baby, but I really like the idea and it would be a shame for it to finish fairly quickly. Although now people can see what its about, you may get more uptake for it.

Abi
21-01-2007, 14:56
Yeah, that could work. Though i dont want to over-kill it, so i might give it a rest in between the different rounds, otherwise everyone will loose interest, lol.

Jojo
21-01-2007, 14:58
Yeah thats a good idea - maybe if we can think of another game or two that could be incorporated, so it ends up like a round robin type thing - DOND, then the other 2 games in order, then back to DOND again :searchme:

*-Rooney-*
21-01-2007, 16:05
why dont you do something like once everyone has had their shot at DOND start again at the start of the line with maybe a list of general knowlege questions about everything tv sport science diff questions for every contetant though so theres no cheating and youcould make the questions worth money so once the quiz is over and they total the amount they got right therefore the amount they made it can get added onto their total on the leaderboard. Like harder questions can be worth more money and easier ones worth less

JUST A THOUGHT!!!

DaVeyWaVey
21-01-2007, 19:39
Just wondering...who's the banker? Or can't he be named! :D

Abi
21-01-2007, 19:54
lol, the banker is just me. I did consider asking someone else, but i think it would take too much time, with everyone being on at different times. I'm doing it totally based on whats on the board, and how the banker works on the TV (Fairly low offers, not really fair, urging players to go on, so they loose all their money). Obviously its not ideal, but with the amount of people who want to play, i dont want each game taking more than a few days, so if the banker was someone else, then it quite easily would take longer than that.

Abbie
21-01-2007, 21:04
Awww tough game Luna, but you went for it, which was a brave choice.

Luna
21-01-2007, 21:15
just want to say thanks to abi for thinking up this game, i love it - i want another go :lol:

Siobhan
22-01-2007, 10:49
Just read through your one Luna and I got really excited and nervous. god know how I am going to handle been in the seat

Chloe O'brien
22-01-2007, 11:46
When I get in that seat, I'm gonna whip the banker's A$$ for the £250,000 :rotfl:

Kim
22-01-2007, 18:29
Maybe Bree SHOULD give the banker a nervous breakdown, then she might get £250,000 :rotfl:

Abi
22-01-2007, 20:06
Good games you played there, Luna and Bree :)

You might have noticed, but on the last 2 games i've not updated the first post, but posted the scoreboard in each of the posts as i've gone along. I thought that would make it easier to follow. Any comments are welcome :)

Abbie
22-01-2007, 20:37
Good games you played there, Luna and Bree :)

You might have noticed, but on the last 2 games i've not updated the first post, but posted the scoreboard in each of the posts as i've gone along. I thought that would make it easier to follow. Any comments are welcome :)

Ive noticed that and it does make its easier to follow.

CrazyLea
22-01-2007, 20:38
Am I in the lead so far :D

Well done Bree and Luna!! :D

di marco
22-01-2007, 21:29

yeh i liked the way how you did that :)

well done lea, luna and bree! :D

Kim
22-01-2007, 21:41
I think it is better, but Abs, doesn't it take you ages to update? I have no clue as to how you can ever put a full scoreboard up, let alone one with amounts taken out of it as they come, lol!

Abi
22-01-2007, 21:51
lol, i have a system now to get it done as quickly as possible. Still takes a while, but hey, it looks better with a scoreboard on there, and more like the real game, so i dont mind.

di marco
22-01-2007, 21:53
lol, i have a system now to get it done as quickly as possible. Still takes a while, but hey, it looks better with a scoreboard on there, and more like the real game, so i dont mind.

yeh it looks cool, youre doing a really good job abi! :)

Pinkbanana
22-01-2007, 21:59
Yes I agree you are doing a really fab job!!! :cheer:

Loving your work! :D

P.S. can you erm... give me a little clue as to which box the £250,000 is in, when I play the game??? (hands over a brown paper bag, to Abi, which contains used notes in it:cool: ). :lol:

Kim
22-01-2007, 22:12
Yes I agree you are doing a really fab job!!! :cheer:

Loving your work! :D

P.S. can you erm... give me a little clue as to which box the £250,000 is in, when I play the game??? (hands over a brown paper bag, to Abi, which contains used notes in it:cool: ). :lol:

If you have notes already, you wont need to win a lot :rotfl:

*Shouts* Abi, Rob, we have a potential cheater here!!! :lol:

Kim
22-01-2007, 22:39
Patterns? Now that certainly wasn't the fibonacci :rotfl:

Meh
23-01-2007, 00:57
The only scary part of playing? You don't want to be the one that ends up with 1p!

I'm sure the good lord heard me.

Abi
23-01-2007, 20:57
Just thought i'd say, that sometimes i wont be able to do any games, so we could go a couple of days without having anything, just because i'm too busy to sit down and do it. Like today, i planned to do Daveywavey's game, but i've got way too much work to do, so its a bit impossible. Dave is going to play tomorrow, then there wont be one on Thurs, then there'll be as many as i can fit in, at the weekend!

Sorry about the randomness, but i'm sure you can all understand how much time it takes up, and some days, i can't physically fit it in :D

Jojo
23-01-2007, 21:03
Thats no problem with me Abs - you have a load of work you need to get through yourself!

Abbie
23-01-2007, 21:04
Just thought i'd say, that sometimes i wont be able to do any games, so we could go a couple of days without having anything, just because i'm too busy to sit down and do it. Like today, i planned to do Daveywavey's game, but i've got way too much work to do, so its a bit impossible. Dave is going to play tomorrow, then there wont be one on Thurs, then there'll be as many as i can fit in, at the weekend!

Sorry about the randomness, but i'm sure you can all understand how much time it takes up, and some days, i can't physically fit it in :DIts okay we can wait our turn.

Just wanted say that the games that have been so far, Luna and Bree were great games, I love this already and TM's game lol well those patterns were great at least the multiples of 5 worked for you.

Abi
23-01-2007, 21:05
I just thought i'd say, because at the minute its been pretty much 1 a day, but i can't carry on doing that every night, because with the amount of people interested (Which is great!) i wouldn't have enough nights on the row free, lol!!

Abbie
23-01-2007, 21:08
I just thought i'd say, because at the minute its been pretty much 1 a day, but i can't carry on doing that every night, because with the amount of people interested (Which is great!) i wouldn't have enough nights on the row free, lol!!

Awww well youve done great so far and we all understand you need a break.

Abbie
24-01-2007, 21:57
Wow well done davey great game!!!!

Jojo
24-01-2007, 21:58
Well played Dave!! Great game!!

Abbie
24-01-2007, 21:59
And you dealed at the right time and are top of the leader board right?

DaVeyWaVey
24-01-2007, 22:01
Thanks everyone...i was soo nervous over that game! I was really drawn in...

Abi
24-01-2007, 22:02
Congrats, Dave! I was willing that you would deal at that point, because of knowing that you would get 10p otherwise- i love it when people win :rotfl:

And yep Abbie, that means that he's top of the leaderboard. But for how long?! Can anyone beat him?

di marco
25-01-2007, 20:27
well done davey, you played that really well! :D

Abbie
27-01-2007, 20:01
oooooo chole just read your game, I really thought you could of won it , but it was great game, well done for being brave and taking a risk.

di marco
27-01-2007, 20:36
well done chloe! :D i would have taken the £100,000 lol!

Abbie
27-01-2007, 20:59
Well done Shaza, great game and your in the lead! And you made the right decison!:D

di marco
27-01-2007, 21:06
well done shaza, you did really well! :D

Chloe O'brien
27-01-2007, 23:23
well done chloe! :D i would have taken the £100,000 lol!

I very nearly took the £100,000 but I had to gamble and I lost but I bought a fredo bar with my 10p :rotfl: :rotfl:. Well done to Shazza and good luck to everyone who has still to play hopefully someone will win the £250K (GO ALAN)

DaVeyWaVey
28-01-2007, 12:16
Well done Kath! Good for you for playing to the end. :clap:

And also, well done to Shaza! You made the right choice taking £30,000 and you beat me to the top of the leaderboard..so congratulations. :cheer:

di marco
29-01-2007, 16:30
well done alan, you did really well, itll be hard for anyone to beat you now! :D

Abbie
29-01-2007, 20:43
Wow oh my god well done alan, no one is ever going to beat you now.

Abi
31-01-2007, 20:58
Sorry about the long delay between games... Me and Em are both having busy times in our "real" lives, so are finding it hard to be on at the same time. Fingers crossed it'll be done by Sat at the latest, otherwise i'll move onto Debs, and come back to Em when shes less busy :)

Good thing about this though, is that it can be done flexibly, so it doesn't really matter if days go by without a game... And with the amount of work i've got to do, thats a very good thing!

alan45
31-01-2007, 21:20
Sorry about the long delay between games... Me and Em are both having busy times in our "real" lives, so are finding it hard to be on at the same time. Fingers crossed it'll be done by Sat at the latest, otherwise i'll move onto Debs, and come back to Em when shes less busy :)

Good thing about this though, is that it can be done flexibly, so it doesn't really matter if days go by without a game... And with the amount of work i've got to do, thats a very good thing!Thats the great thing about this game it can be played at anytime when it suits you and the contestant and with Rob along to keep an eye on things. The only problem on Sunday night my fan club was missing. Bet she appears when I pick up the helicopter:ninja:

Abbie
01-02-2007, 10:16
Its ok abi i dont mind waiting, I have so much to do anyway ots nice waiting.
And good game Em, at least you tired and went for it.

di marco
02-02-2007, 21:06
well done em, shame you lost the £250k box near the end! :D

Chloe O'brien
02-02-2007, 22:32
If you're suck for contestants Noel I would love another go at getting my revenge. MOHAWWWWWWWW :rotfl:

Abbie
02-02-2007, 22:34
If you're suck for contestants Noel I would love another go at getting my revenge. MOHAWWWWWWWW :rotfl:

Lol but not all of us have had go's yet.

Abi
02-02-2007, 22:36
Debs is going to play her game on Monday, then i'll try and do another 2 during the week.. We're nearly half way i think now, lol.

Abbie
02-02-2007, 22:43
Yay I cant wait, even if you dont get to me I just love reading other peoples games

Chloe O'brien
04-02-2007, 13:24

Good thing about this though, is that it can be done flexibly, so it doesn't really matter if days go by without a game... And with the amount of work i've got to do, thats a very good thing!Thats the great thing about this game it can be played at anytime when it suits you and the contestant and with Rob along to keep an eye on things. The only problem on Sunday night my fan club was missing. Bet she appears when I pick up the helicopter:ninja:

My ears are burning :D Sorry I wasn't around to cheer you on but I have been networking on trying to get you a good deal on a helicopter. Things are looking good.

Behemoth
04-02-2007, 19:08
I love this game! I always know how much is in each box though so the game isn't as exciting for me but it's still a fantastic game and playing it on SoapBoards is seamless.

Abi
04-02-2007, 20:01
If you want to have a go at it yourself, Rob, then i can send your numbers to another mod for your game, and then you can have a go!

And yeah, its not as good knowing what is in each box, but as i dont know what numbers everyone is going to choose, i sitting here willing them not to pick certain boxes :lol:

Siobhan
05-02-2007, 12:01
maybe I missed something but why do you only offer 6 boxes at the start of a game.. surely you can choose any number from 1 - 22

Abi
05-02-2007, 17:08
No, you start by picking 5 boxes, and then pick 3 from that round onwards, untill you finish. You pick any box as your own at the beginning, before you start.

If you are looking at the first post, i just update that with what boxes haven't been opened yet. Then it makes it easier when you are playing, to know what is left to be opened.

Hope that is what you meant..

Siobhan
05-02-2007, 17:13
If you are looking at the first post, i just update that with what boxes haven't been opened yet. Then it makes it easier when you are playing, to know what is left to be opened.

Hope that is what you meant..

yeah that is what I don't get.. so all boxes are the same so if I was to pick a box someone else had, I would know what was in it???

Abi
05-02-2007, 17:53
No, each game is different. Before you start, and before the thread is even posted, i randomly assign each number 1-22 a sum of money, and a send this to Rob as well (So he can prove that so cheating has gone on). So you will only know what is in the box, when you open it.

Behemoth
05-02-2007, 19:06
Ooo yeah I'd love to do that !

Abi
05-02-2007, 19:09

Okie Pokie! I'll add ya to the bottom of the list, and i'll send your numbers to another mod to check yours out for ya!

Abbie
05-02-2007, 22:11
Wow, well done Debs!!!!!!!
i would of dealt then too, shame you could of got 250K

di marco
05-02-2007, 22:12
well done debs, you did great! :D i would have dealt then too, shame you didnt get the £250k though

Abbie
07-02-2007, 19:50
Oh my god, great game Jelly belly.
And you totally beat the banker

di marco
14-02-2007, 20:46
wow done ems and jelly belly, and especially well done to abbie! :D

DaVeyWaVey
15-02-2007, 22:08
Congratulations PB on getting £1,000! :cheer: Maybe we could trade and you could have my Millets voucher? :D

Pinkbanana
15-02-2007, 22:11
Congratulations PB on getting £1,000! :cheer: Maybe we could trade and you could have my Millets voucher? :D

On ya bike kiddo!!! :lol: It took blood, sweat and tears to win that money...:eek: you'll just have to continue to shop at New Look in the foreseeable future!:lol:

Abi
15-02-2007, 22:12
14 people down, 10 to go. Is anyone going to beat Abbie off the top spot, and turn this into a head-to-head?

*Snaps out of Noel Mode*

Congrats PB!

Pinkbanana
19-02-2007, 19:21
When's the next game going to be, Abi? :hmm:

Abi
19-02-2007, 19:24
Siobhan is playing tomorrow afternoon :)

Abi
20-02-2007, 15:32

Siobhan is going to check your game :)

And a big congrats to Siobhan on your game. The results are really divided now- lots at the top, and lots nearer the bottom. Not as spread out as on the real game. Normally they hardly ever get the huge numbers, and you all seem to be getting them on this! :rotfl:

Abi
22-02-2007, 00:29
Hi,

I'm trying to get a hold of Di Marco to set a date to play her game, but she hasn't been on in a week. If anyone gets in contact with her on MSN or something, then can you make sure she PMs me. If i dont hear from her tomorrow, i'll move onto the next person, and come back to her later. Otherwise, this game could go on for ages, lol.

Thanks!

di marco
03-03-2007, 14:07
well done siobhan, kim, kara, katy and bryan! :D

di marco
03-03-2007, 14:08
Hi,

I'm trying to get a hold of Di Marco to set a date to play her game, but she hasn't been on in a week. If anyone gets in contact with her on MSN or something, then can you make sure she PMs me. If i dont hear from her tomorrow, i'll move onto the next person, and come back to her later. Otherwise, this game could go on for ages, lol.

Thanks!

im really really sorry about that abi! ive been so busy and completely forgot! ill give you a pm about it. sorry again :)

Abbie
08-03-2007, 20:23
We are near the end of Deal or no deal soon, is ist something like only 5 or 4 more people to go