PDA

View Full Version : Walter's move to Rangers

Em
13-01-2007, 18:43
After Walter Smith's decision to leave his Scotland post for Rangers, I wondered what everyones thoughts are?

Personally as a HUGE Rangers fan, who sees them play whenever Im home, Im actually disappointed. I think Walter was doing a cracking job at the Scotland , and although im reaonably happy from a club point of view, as a national fan Im hugely sadend by his departure ... I thought he was the man to sort our team out and now he's abandoned it

:thumbsdow

Chloe O'brien
14-01-2007, 01:55
Ems I'm a hoops fan and I disagree about Walter returning to Rangers. Not because I am a celtic fan but because I agree he was doing a great job as the scotland coach and he should have remained there. Walter has served his time with rangers and was sucsessful in his time there but he should never have returned. My personal view is that Paul Le Guen should have been supported by the Chairman and board and it should have been Barry Ferguson who was shown the door at Ibrox, for throwing his tantrums.

Katy
14-01-2007, 11:59
Even if he does a job at Rangers he was still under contract with Scotland. They were doing really well with the win over france in the qualifiers for Euro 08 and now hes left the team. Everyone knows how hard it is when a new manager comes in charge and things get changed round, so for the national side its not really fair. As for Rangers there was something going on there how come they can beat dundee 5 - 0 with the same players and not perform with PLG in charge. It seems psychological for me. I also agree about Ferguson, he should have been shown the door years ago. So what if he is Rangers through and through, who cares. I also think that people havent liked le guen from the start for whatever the reason and thats why there happy to see the back of him.

Trinity
14-01-2007, 14:00
He is showing a total disregard for the Scottish team and fans. It should always be country before club, but it never is.

I think he is daft to go back to Rangers, life is about moving forward - not going back. He is unlikely to repeat his previous huge sucess at the club - and this second time round may well taint his history with the club.

All that said - I don't really care. I don't follow club football at all - but it is nice to see the country winning once in a while.....

Katy
15-01-2007, 16:51
exactly i am not even scotish ( half, my mum was born there and is scottish ) and i was so happy to see Scotland doing well.
It should be country then club but your right it never is. You could tell that he was doing a good job as there was a realy sense of pride.
I think it was a wrong decision.

Em
16-01-2007, 21:27
Ems I'm a hoops fan and I disagree about Walter returning to Rangers. Not because I am a celtic fan but because I agree he was doing a great job as the scotland coach and he should have remained there. Walter has served his time with rangers and was sucsessful in his time there but he should never have returned. My personal view is that Paul Le Guen should have been supported by the Chairman and board and it should have been Barry Ferguson who was shown the door at Ibrox, for throwing his tantrums.

Well i can forgive the first bit though :nono: :rotfl:

I agree about Walter time being over .. and if i can remember correctly he wasnt actually doing that well when he left before :rolleyes: though fair enough not as bad as we are now.

Im not happy at him leaving our national side .. i think its disrespectful. He was brining up a good team, promoting our youth (which i think we have his time at man u to help there) and to leave them at this stage is pretty crap.

Even if he does a job at Rangers he was still under contract with Scotland. They were doing really well with the win over france in the qualifiers for Euro 08 and now hes left the team. Everyone knows how hard it is when a new manager comes in charge and things get changed round, so for the national side its not really fair. As for Rangers there was something going on there how come they can beat dundee 5 - 0 with the same players and not perform with PLG in charge. It seems psychological for me. I also agree about Ferguson, he should have been shown the door years ago. So what if he is Rangers through and through, who cares. I also think that people havent liked le guen from the start for whatever the reason and thats why there happy to see the back of him.

Excellent point .. money we should have been spending on player will now be paid in compensation to the national side. Brilliant use of funds.

As for Ferguson .. he's been a great player for us. But he lost my respect when he abandoned the squad to move to Blackburn. A True Blue through and through my ar$e.

Katy
16-01-2007, 23:03
exactly, if he really meant it then he wouldnt have done that. He caused all the trouble, and it wasnt really Le Guens fault. I am glad he has got a job in France though as he wasnt that badder manager. As for Walter i dont know what he does but he sure makes players play for him.
I hope he and Rangers have to pay due to the disruption they have caused at the Scotland Camp.