PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS

Behemoth
02-03-2005, 16:32
It's coming out on March 11th! I've pre ordered mine along with Super Mario 64 DS. Is anybody else getting it?

*JSW*
04-03-2005, 00:07
Most definatley! I always trust Nintendo when it comes to the hand-held consoles. PSP doesn't seem that good to me some how....

Behemoth
11-03-2005, 14:09
:D I got mine today :D

It's really good but it takes a little while to get used to the touch screen when playing a game. I recommend it to anyone.

SoapWatcher
03-04-2005, 19:24
Ive seen so many ds vs psp debates. According to a lot of people , if you own a ds you have a low iq, you are a little kid, you aren't a proper gamer, youre female, you have no taste etc etc.

I think the psp is a big show off, yeah it looks nicer, but the ds does seem more fun.

RealityGap
06-04-2005, 20:04
my brother got a ds from Japan, late last year so I had a chance to play with it over Christmas - nice little machine.

As for it being for non proper gamers - my husband is a games programmer for a the company that wrote Medal of Honor and Quidditch World Cup and the staff there have been talking non stop about getting there DS

Jojo
15-08-2006, 22:50
I have treated myself to a DS after watching and playing with my boys on theirs.

What games would people recommend?

Chloe O'brien
15-08-2006, 23:36
I'm buying a ds lite for marley's birthday in September so some advice on suitable games would be gratefully apreciated

Jojo
15-08-2006, 23:45
Marley will never speak to you again Kath - I hope you realise that. Mine haven't been so quiet for ages!

There are just so many games around though, I haven't a clue which ones would be good for me to get.

Chloe O'brien
15-08-2006, 23:55
Marley will never speak to you again Kath - I hope you realise that. Mine haven't been so quiet for ages!

There are just so many games around though, I haven't a clue which ones would be good for me to get.

Hurray I might get some peace and quiet for a bit :D I think I will get her the super mario game and maybe the nintendo dogs.

Jojo
16-08-2006, 00:02
I've got the Dachshund Nintendogs (was free with my gorge pink one lol) and the boys got the Labrador Nintendogs - they are really additive and you find yourself forgetting its not real, when your sat there training it to sit and lie down etc, talking to the DS :rotfl:

We've also got Over The Hedge, which is good and also Stormbreaker, which my eldest has completed and is doing again now.

We've also got a 4 in 1 game, with Boggle, Monopoly, Battleships and Yahtzee on it, which is good too lol

Oh and the Brain Academy game too, which is great fun, especially when we are playing against each other.

Chloe O'brien
16-08-2006, 00:11
I'm getting a lovely nobel pink one all the way from Japan, I'll be playing with it when she is at school

Jojo
16-08-2006, 00:28
Have you got Nintendogs free with it, as I did with mine.

Its a bit sad really - buy them for the boys and end up getting on for myself too (although hubby did actually pay for it :cheer: )

pookie1968uk
16-08-2006, 17:18
my daughter has got the one of the dogs games and she has just got animal crossing, which loads of her friends have and they all love it. there is loads of play in it and she is never off it!
she has just got super monkey ball touch and roll which she loves and she has got mario and luigi partners in time which she is not so keen on!
hope this helps a bit.

samantha nixon
17-08-2006, 13:47
i have all the dog ones except for the dalmation one and zoo tycoon is good on it and so is a hosptial operating one i have but i dont like sims 2 on it but sister likes it

Chloe O'brien
26-08-2006, 02:07
Well the noble pink DS lite has been ordered all the way from Japan for "Matilda's" birthday" and should be here before 12 September (better be or heads will role) so I'm going to buy her super mario's kart and the dalmation game to go along with it.

Chloe O'brien
02-09-2006, 00:16
I think the noble pink DS Lite is on the same slow boat from China as Jack Bauer is on :cartman: it better move is scabby butt as its only 11 days until her birthday and I have bought the super mario and dalamation games to go with it

Trinity
05-09-2006, 10:05
My boys both bought DSs when they came out. My eldest (14) sold it on ebay after 3 months, and my youngest (12) has just done so. I think that they are overrated, although great for younger kids.

Bryan
05-09-2006, 12:14
My boys both bought DSs when they came out. My eldest (14) sold it on ebay after 3 months, and my youngest (12) has just done so. I think that they are overrated, although great for younger kids.

the novelty soon wears off with these game machines, i have various upgrades of game boys and an x box, neither of which I use that often, the games are too expensive and they dont have many good ones released, and it's just a case of getting bored of them.

Jojo
05-09-2006, 15:36
the novelty soon wears off with these game machines, i have various upgrades of game boys and an x box, neither of which I use that often, the games are too expensive and they dont have many good ones released, and it's just a case of getting bored of them. Says he who was going to buy a psp! :rotfl: :D

I love my DS - I've just bought Tetris and love battling against my eldest on wireless - we both have great fun with them (at the moment). It gives me some sanity when required lol

Chloe O'brien
06-09-2006, 00:18
Still no sign of the DS arriving yet. Its been two weeks since it was ordered and I've only got 1 week left until her birthday. I have bought her the super mario game and nintendo dalmations so hopefully it will come in the next few days

Chloe O'brien
19-09-2006, 02:11
It has been 1 week since marley's birthday and still no bloody sign of the flaming DS from Japan. My nephew checked the tracking number last monday as it was supposed to be in the UK. Then wer found out it had be sent to stockholm instead :angry: :angry: My nephew's girlfriend has given marley a lone of her white DS Lite for the time being until her pink one arrives.