PDA

View Full Version : Three biggest stars have been axed......

Angeldelight
08-05-2005, 20:28
FROM Digital Spy 8.5.05

Three of the biggest Neighbours stars have been axed in a surprise shake-up at the Aussie soap.

According to the Herald Sun, producers have decided to ditch Marisa Warrington (Sindi Watts), Kevin Harrington (David Bishop) and Marcella Russo (Lijana Bishop) in favour of fresh faces.

All three will leave the show when their current contracts expire later this year. Blair McDonough, who plays policeman Stuart Parker, is expected to join them of his own accord.

Casting has already begun to find a new family, who will move into Ramsay Street later this year. "Good looking new faces are high on the producer's secret shopping list," said the Herald Sun, "with previous acting experience not necessarily a requirement."

if Stuart is leaving it doesn't leave much hope for his brother, does it really?

LUSHLOOKE69
08-05-2005, 23:04
Sindi and David don't really bother me but i like lil why are they geting rid of her?

BabyPink
08-05-2005, 23:12
None of them are a great loss in my opinion. Sindi looks like a boy and patronises Stuart, David is just dull and Lil, well she neither bothers nor interests me. Fair enough i say!

SoapWatcher
08-05-2005, 23:40
Isnt Stu going as well?

willsmummy
09-05-2005, 06:48
Thank god they are getting rid of Sindi, she REALLY does my head in. So does David, and Lil's eyebrows could have a whole series of their own. They are evil

stacyefc
09-05-2005, 10:47
they should keep lil she's really good in it. i hate david though am glad he will be leaving i think he is really boring. am not really bothered about sindi although her voice does go through me.

Georgie
09-05-2005, 13:39
um if david and lil go what will serena and sky do will they go tooo!!!

kazzie
09-05-2005, 14:27
They would probably stay on with Harold.

neroc
09-05-2005, 16:30
I don't really mind that they're leaving. I don't much like David but I guess Lil and Sindi can be OK sometimes.

Crazy Gal 88
09-05-2005, 17:35
nnnoo - i like lil n sindi although her voice is rather annoying. david is boring tho. and stus ma fave character!!!!

gbnut
09-05-2005, 17:48
Isnt Stu going as well?

yes but he is not getting sacked he has quit!!!!

Jessie Wallace
09-05-2005, 18:20
Not bothered about Cindy and David, but Lil she's gr8 y get rid of her, thats not fair.

Angeldelight
09-05-2005, 18:31
yes but he is not getting sacked he has quit!!!!

All three will leave the show when their current contracts expire later this year. Blair McDonough, who plays policeman Stuart Parker, is expected to join them of his own accord.

neroc
09-05-2005, 19:31
Noooo! Stu is one of the best characters! Why does he have to decide to leave?! Does anyone know if he'll ever come back?

Georgie
10-05-2005, 13:44
i luv stu why is he going nooooooooooo!!!!

Angeldelight
12-05-2005, 18:52
i know what hot totty will we have left after Stuart has gone?

nooooooooooooooooooooo

hayley
12-05-2005, 19:03
dont want stu or sindi to go! David=Boring!! But i think they should keep lil or David so Serena can stay.
Will she be staying with Sky? Does anyone know?

neroc
12-05-2005, 20:07
I think Lil should stay - just because I prefer her to David. They better not force Serena to go because I quite like her character. If both David and Lil go, she'll probably stay with Sky and Harold anyway...hopefully!

Jenbobber
12-05-2005, 22:11
Not really the 3 main characters. Won't really be missed I shouldnt think! If David and Lil are to go what wil happen to Serena? Wil she stay with Harold? or wil she leave too?

Emmak2005
13-05-2005, 00:18
Not really the 3 main characters. Won't really be missed I shouldnt think! If David and Lil are to go what wil happen to Serena? Wil she stay with Harold? or wil she leave too? I think they should go, obviously the scriptwriters are struggling to find fresh storylines for them, hence paving the way for fresh (possibly young talent). I can't believe in 20 years of shows that only 1 Irishman, an Asian family have made it onto the screen. Remember the Changs? I guess they weren't very good actors. Same goes with the ones who were picked to play Rae's parents in Sunset Beach back in 1997. Anyway, the point is they need to go, question is, how?

Emmak2005
13-05-2005, 00:25
Though I must congratulate Kevin Harrington (David Bishop) & Marcella Russo (Liljana Bishop) for their portrayals in the kidney donation storyline. I wasn't criticising their acting or anything, it's just in my opinion in order to keep Neighbours flowing for another 20 years, they need to keep reinventing the show with new and exciting characters. Characters like Karl etc would be missed, but I'm surprised he stayed on. Though I do agree with keeping a few of the long-standing cast members, just for nostalgia. Tom Oliver nearly didn't come back to Neighbours because of the shows rather stupid decision to sack him, but due to a rather large fan base all around the world he was quickly reinstated. Plus he and Harold are the basis for much of the humour. Looking forward to the Kerry Bishop lookalike storyline though. Anyway, I'm digressing from the point of my posts. What does everyone else think. And who do u think should stay/go? Answers on a postcard please!

Jenbobber
13-05-2005, 10:20
what happened to luca? he just sort of disappeared and hasn't really been mentioned again! I find that a bit hard to believe!

Angeldelight
13-05-2005, 19:22
he went back to live with his Adoptive parents after Serena and David made it clear they didn't want him around!!!!

Crazy Gal 88
14-05-2005, 17:01
ok dere is 1 thing that has bin bothering me. they say that a new family is going to join when this lot leave but where on earth are they gonna live?

Trinity
15-05-2005, 10:04
David is wooden and no great loss. The pompous but well meaning fool is played already in Harold, the characters are too alike. Lil and David are already falling appart, i don't see why she has to leave? Am I the only person who really likes Sindi??

Crazy Gal 88
15-05-2005, 11:35
nah - i think Sindi is a good character.

hayley
15-05-2005, 12:57
i was wondering where they were going to live as well!
Lil and David live in Harolds house and Sindi lives in Susans!!

Crazy Gal 88
15-05-2005, 13:13
EXACTLY! Unless they go and live in the same block of flats as Karl and Izzy but those flats won't be big enough for a whole family. then i thought of Lou's place but Paul moves in there!

Saye2213
19-05-2005, 13:35
Poor Susan and Lyn, there won't have much to talk about if Lil leaves!!!!! The book club will be diminished!! Where will the "new family" live? How will they all go, and leave Serena and Sky behind?

Angeldelight
23-05-2005, 19:16
Serean will also be leaving... their exits are all tied together... and they will leave in 'extremly dramtic' storyline in early 2006 over here...