PDA

View Full Version : Daily Decider Discussion Thread

Jojo
26-11-2006, 08:46
Because of the number of daily deciders that are going to be involved in Love Island (one every other day :eek: ) and because of the types of deciders they are, I thought it might be fun to discuss how the Islanders got on with them after the results are revealed.

What did you all thing of the Initial Task last night? Different? Good way to start?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
26-11-2006, 11:23
Yup, a nice way to get the new celeb. in.. Though she already went in (then got taken out):lol:

Jojo
26-11-2006, 11:26
lol Spicy - she wasn't supposed to be in there ! :rotfl: But shhh - don't tell anyone :rotfl: Bit of a technical error there!! :rotfl:

Siobhan
01-12-2006, 15:24
I want to know the answers to the riddles...

Jojo
01-12-2006, 15:39
Decider #2 Siobhan:

They were:

I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody.
Pencil Lead

What goes round the house and in the house but never touches the house?
The Sun

What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else? Your Word

What walks all day on its head? A Nail in a Horseshoe

What gets wet when drying? A Towel

What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years? The Letter M

What is round as a dishpan, deep as a tub, and still the oceans couldn't fill it up? A sieve

The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they? Footsteps

He who has it doesn't tell it. He who takes it doesn't know it. He who knows it doesn't want it. What is it? Counterfeit/fake money

Brothers and sisters have I none but that man's father is my father's son. My son

Who spends the day at the window, goes to the table for meals and hides at night? A Fly

What goes round and round the wood but never goes into the wood? The Bark of a Tree

There was also going to be a tie breaker riddle, which would have been:

A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?

Siobhan
01-12-2006, 15:52
"Brothers and sisters have I none but that man's father is my father's son. My son"

You got this wrong.. the answer is himself!!!

Jojo
01-12-2006, 15:55
"Brothers and sisters have I none but that man's father is my father's son. My son"

You got this wrong.. the answer is himself!!! Well, the people who got 12 out of 12 must have got it from the same website as me then

Jojo
01-12-2006, 15:57
Actually...

Just found this:

Brothers or sisters have I none, but that mans father is my fathers son. Who is that man?
Answer: I am my fathers son, so that mans father must be me. So that man must be my son.

Which is the original answer I gave, but also explains how My Son is the answer

Siobhan
01-12-2006, 16:06
Actually...

Just found this:

Brothers or sisters have I none, but that mans father is my fathers son. Who is that man?
Answer: I am my fathers son, so that mans father must be me. So that man must be my son.

Which is the original answer I gave, but also explains how My Son is the answer

no no!! the man in the picture is himself
That man's father (his own father), is my father's son (so his fathers son can only be him or a brother but he has no brothers) so ergo, it is himself.

Your father's son can not be your own son.. it doesn't make sense :searchme::searchme:

This is making my head hurt cause the answer MY SON doesn't make any sense to me

Jojo
01-12-2006, 16:12
That mans father = me (i am my fathers son)

It does get confusing when it talks about my in is my fathers son, but its the right answer...i've googled it and found several sites with exactly the same answer. And it does make sense to me, although I'd never have got it unless I googled it :D

Em
01-12-2006, 16:14
Oh My God my head hurts from readin this!

Totally dont understand :searchme:

Siobhan
01-12-2006, 16:15
That mans father = me (i am my fathers son)

It does get confusing when it talks about my in is my fathers son, but its the right answer...i've googled it and found several sites with exactly the same answer. And it does make sense to me, although I'd never have got it unless I googled it :D

Yeah I googled it too and it gave the same answer that didn't make sense to me. so I am here with a pic of Ben prentend to be his dad to see if it makes sense and yes it does..
It was a word change that makes a difference:
Brothers and sisters have I none,
but this man is my fathers son. (that would be himself)

Ouch.. my head totally hurts now

Jojo
01-12-2006, 16:23
Yeah I googled it too and it gave the same answer that didn't make sense to me. so I am here with a pic of Ben prentend to be his dad to see if it makes sense and yes it does..
It was a word change that makes a difference:
Brothers and sisters have I none,
but this man is my fathers son. (that would be himself)

Ouch.. my head totally hurts now :lol:

Glad that the tasks are ensuring appropriate brain use :rotfl:

:D

Wait till you see some of the other ones we have planned :rotfl:

Siobhan
01-12-2006, 16:32
:lol:

Glad that the tasks are ensuring appropriate brain use :rotfl:

:D

Wait till you see some of the other ones we have planned :rotfl:

I love the one that they are doing now.. I am great at them one. Love doing them

Siobhan
04-12-2006, 12:26
Again another good quiz.. I see George is asking for an example. if you can see this george, here is what you should be looking for:

Watch in a moment, things will change!!

See it spells China!!!

Jojo
04-12-2006, 14:15
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the deciders - Fearne has just put another example up for George too - I'm enjoying setting these little tasks for everyone, and one thing I like, is that everyone can join in if they want to (although keeping those answers secret until after the end of the task)

More great ones to come :D

Siobhan
04-12-2006, 14:16
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the deciders - Fearne has just put another example up for George too - I'm enjoying setting these little tasks for everyone, and one thing I like, is that everyone can join in if they want to (although keeping those answers secret until after the end of the task)

More great ones to come :D

I have done the last two.. Can't wait to see if I am right

Jojo
05-12-2006, 13:20
There was also going to be a tie breaker riddle, which would have been:

A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?

Did anyone fancy having a go at this one??

Siobhan
05-12-2006, 13:25
Did anyone fancy having a go at this one??

this is just a guess.. the horse is 10ft long and it is tied to his leg so he can still reach the hay???

Jojo
05-12-2006, 13:29
this is just a guess.. the horse is 10ft long and it is tied to his leg so he can still reach the hay??? Nope - thats not right Siobhan, although it is a possibility - just not the answer I have :D

Debs
05-12-2006, 13:31
is it that the rope is tied to the horse BUT the rope isnt actually tied to anything?? Leaving horse free to walk to bale of hay?

Siobhan
05-12-2006, 13:31
Nope - thats not right Siobhan, although it is a possibility - just not the answer I have :D

Ok then this is my second choice.. the horse is on a rope 15 foot but the hay is 25 ft away from where he is now.... if he moved across to the hay (he has a diameter of 30ft) he can reach the hay???

Jojo
05-12-2006, 13:34
is it that the rope is tied to the horse BUT the rope isnt actually tied to anything?? Leaving horse free to walk to bale of hay? Correct Debs!!

The answer I have for this one is that the rope isn't tied to anything, so the horse can walk freely around to do whatever it wants still :clap: :clap:

Siobhan
06-12-2006, 09:53
OOHH head hurts with new decider.. I have got 3 so far but will keep at them.. good work again guys.. I love this deciders... (beat pacman :rotfl::rotfl: )

Jojo
06-12-2006, 15:00
OOHH head hurts with new decider.. I have got 3 so far but will keep at them.. good work again guys.. I love this deciders... (beat pacman :rotfl::rotfl: ) The nasty thing with this decider is that I have my answers, anything but the answers I have will not be classed as correct (although if one word out of the two are correct, a point will be scored)

Evillllllll :lol:

Hope everyone does give them a go though, as its surprising how easy it can be to get them (although if I hadn't seen the answers I'd be scratching my head too :rotfl: )

Siobhan
08-12-2006, 16:50
Excellent decider again.. got most of them, including why that number is very unique..

Jojo
08-12-2006, 19:21
Me thinks I'm gonna have to post an extra hard one next time :ninja:

You're all too clever! :rotfl: Unless some answers have been searched, even though I do request not to, to make it more fun....:hmm:

:rotfl:

CrazyLea
08-12-2006, 19:54
If it's any consellation Ems I knew hardley any of them :lol: I thought the pairing one was easy though ^_^

Jojo
08-12-2006, 20:00
If it's any consellation Ems I knew hardley any of them :lol: I thought the pairing one was easy though ^_^ Had to pop a couple of easy ones in there although looking at the answers I've received, we must have straight A students in there...

Abbie
10-12-2006, 20:35
Can you post the answers to that Decider, I like to know what they are, they seemed really hard some of them.

Jojo
10-12-2006, 20:39
Can you post the answers to that Decider, I like to know what they are, they seemed really hard some of them. As soon as I'm back home with my laptop I will Abbie