PDA

View Full Version : Ann

megan999
17-11-2006, 18:07
Is the actress who plays Ann actually blind? If she isn't she's a damn good actress :thumbsup:

Katy
18-11-2006, 14:00
i htink she is. Not sure though. Theres something funny about that character im not to sure what though. Shes just a bit weird.

jonni
18-11-2006, 16:20
she is weird

she is janelle real daughter

CrazyLea
18-11-2006, 16:37
Here is an article about that..

The following article was released on 23rd August 2006 by Paul Nettelbeck, the director of Admissions & Marketing at Methodist Ladies' College in Melbourne. It clears up any doubt concerning whether the actress who plays Anne Baxter is herself blind, or not.

MLC student, Tessa James, joins the cast of Neighbours

A passion for acting and performing has driven Methodist Ladies' College student, Tessa James, to earn a role on Network 10's Neighbours. The Year 10 student recently joined the cast of the popular Australian drama playing vision impaired character, Anne Baxter.

After reading for the role at two separate auditions, Tessa beat 100 girls to get the part. Tessa was cast by Neighbours' Casting Director, Jan Russ, who is considered to have a keen eye for young talent, discovering the likes of Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Natalie Imbruglia, Guy Pearce and more recently Delta Goodrem and Natalie Bassingthwaighte.

Tessa recalls the day she found out she was to join the cast of Neighbours, "I was so excited ­ when I got home from school everyone was at the front door screaming "you got the part!" It was a great way to find out."

Tessa has been involved in acting for almost ten years. Joining a local drama school at the age of six, she has performed in numerous amateur theatre productions and has taken acting courses both in Australia and overseas.

In preparing to play the role of a vision impaired character, Tessa undertook research into the way a blind person moves, feels, and reacts to different situations. Tessa watched movies, read books and researched on the internet to perfect her skills and portray the character realistically. Tessa also had the help of Vision Australia client, Ashleigh Malone, who came to visit Tessa on the Neighbours set, and gave Tessa a realistic insight into the life of a vision impaired person.

Tessa says that despite being vision impaired her character Anne "is very twofaced and uses her disability to her advantage. She doesn't let being blind get in her way of trying to get what she wants."

Introducing a vision impaired character to the show was not only a learning experience for Tessa, but also for the Neighbours directors. Tessa said, "The directors were really helpful we all learnt together, which was great."

While filming her role, Tessa had to learn to balance school and work life. She says, "It was really hard, but my teachers at MLC were really supportive and helped me out with fitting my timetable around my schedule."

Tessa is particularly inspired by past MLC student Cate Blanchett, saying "It's nice to know that Cate Blanchett came from MLC, because I'd like to think that if she can do it, so can I."

Tessa is looking forward to beginning her VCE studies next year and not surprisingly Drama will be one of the subjects she will be undertaking. Tessa hopes to continue acting and performing and aspires to have a successful career in the Entertainment industry.

LostVoodoo
18-11-2006, 20:47
wow, thanx for that artcile Crazylea, that was relaly interesting. and wow, she is good, i thought she was blind too! although, as good as she is, i'm wondering why neighbours didn't just get someone who was blind, i'm sure there are blind actresses out there who would love such a chance. ah well, she's good anyway.

*-Rooney-*
20-11-2006, 13:03
i cant wait until the truth about her comes out, should ruffle a few feathers

megan999
28-11-2006, 11:20
Wow, thanks for that, Crazylea! :) She's an excellent actress. The character she plays, Ann, I really dislike, but I think that's good because I love to hate characters - if you know what I mean. I mean, my Mum likes Paul Robinson cos he's bad, and I used to like/hate Darcy Tyler!!

CrazyLea
28-11-2006, 21:27
Yeah I know what you mean, I love Paul and loved Darcy too. And I do think Ann is a really good actress. She really is convincing as a blind person.