PDA

View Full Version : Rugby Internationals

alan45
11-11-2006, 22:55
Surprised no-one has started a thread on the Rugby. Maybe the fact that the three lions were well beaten has something to do with it.:rotfl:

Congratulations to the Celts all of whom had superb victories:cheer:

Jojo
11-11-2006, 23:33
How gutted am I!!! There was me, forced to watch the Welsh game which was being shown on BBC1 only to discover the disastrous England match was on Sky. Recorded it, started watching...and oh dear oh dear.....

All I can say is at the moment England are like Wales were a few years back - no offence to anyone, but everyone has their bad seasons, ours seems to have lasted since the last World Cup - thats what happens when not enough younger players are brought into the fold prior to so many retiring....

We will be back...eventually.....

Every team suffers the same fate at some point.

Chloe O'brien
11-11-2006, 23:53
SCotland won 48-6 against Romania yipeee well done boys. Can't wait until the home internationals are on again :clap:

Richie_lecturer
12-11-2006, 15:15
So angry I posted twice. :o

Below folks, below...

Richie_lecturer
12-11-2006, 15:16
Utterly dreadful.

How did we lose to Argentina?????

Andy Robinson for the chop, NOW! :banned: :readtheru

Katy
12-11-2006, 18:58
yay, and my uncle reckoned Ireland would get a pasting, showed how wrong he was. I think we have a prety good squad at the miunute O Gara seems on top form with his kicking. Did anyone see the one he did from the half way line a few weeks back when it was Munster in the heineken cup. Hes one of the best in my opinion biased i know but what the heck.

Peter the terrior stringer had a good game as well.

The all blacks pasted France as well. I am so looking forward to the world cup now.

Jojo
12-11-2006, 20:42
I agree Richie in a sense, but....you're only as good as your players play and frankly, ours play absolutely ...... terribly... for want of a stronger word.

We desperately need a new fly half - why Hodgson still gets picked is beyond me - he should have been dropped a long time ago....

Frustration.....grrr

Richie_lecturer
12-11-2006, 21:30
I agree that the players were equally culpable of this disaster and the likes of Hodgson and Corry should be hung out to dry, but Robinson and the RFU have completely lost it. The RFU's meddling has also sent England a couple of steps backwards. :mad:

Jojo
12-11-2006, 22:04
Why is Correy captain?! That completely baffles me!!

Agree with you about the RFU. We should be heading into next years World Cup, totally prepared, at the moment, we may aswell not bother turning up...

Richie_lecturer
12-11-2006, 22:44
Even the minnow nations will fancy their chances against England at next year's tournament.

Early bet on Italy beating England in the Six Nations in the New Year...

Jojo
12-11-2006, 23:04
Even the minnow nations will fancy their chances against England at next year's tournament.

Early bet on Italy beating England in the Six Nations in the New Year...

Odds for England v Italy match

Italy win 3-1
England Win 15-1
Draw - 20-1

I can see it now - total embarrassment and humilation....

Though on the plus side - tickets for internationals at Twickenham might be easier to get hold of!! :lol:

CrazyLea
12-11-2006, 23:10
Wales aren't doing too bad :D :D :cheer: I can't remember how they've done though....anyone care to remind me :lol: :o

Jojo
12-11-2006, 23:15
Wales aren't doing too bad :D :D :cheer: I can't remember how they've done though....anyone care to remind me :lol: :o :rotfl: Are you sure you're Welsh!! :rotfl:

They drew with Australia 29 all and won against Pacific Islands 38-20 :D

CrazyLea
12-11-2006, 23:17
Lmfao *checks* Urm yep :p

That's right, I remembered the draw, but couldn't remember the Pacific one.. Wooooo go Wales!

Katy
15-11-2006, 14:31
Wales are doing well at the minute. Ireland are on form as well, looking forward to the next weekends worth of games.

Just reading back and i saw emz comment on Hodgsen, why dont you rate him?. Ive seen him a few times and i think hes really good, obviously not as good as the loverly Ronan O Gara, but hes the best English one.

Richie_lecturer
15-11-2006, 17:13
Wales are doing well at the minute. Ireland are on form as well, looking forward to the next weekends worth of games.

Who are they playing this weekend?

alan45
15-11-2006, 17:22
Friday
Wales v Canada

Saturday

England v S Africa, 14:30:rolleyes:
France v New Zealand, 20:00
Italy v Argentina, 14:00
Scotland v Pacific Island, 14:30

Sunday

IRELAND :cheer: v Australia

Not that I'm in anyway biased:D

Katy
16-11-2006, 17:09
come on Ireland !!!!! Its about tim ewe beat the aussies. It would be a great send off for Landsdowne Road, but whatever happens i sure the atmosphere will be almighty in Dublin with it being the last rugby international before they go down the road to Croke Park.

Richie_lecturer
16-11-2006, 17:19
What are they going to do with the current Landsdowne Road site then? Are they going to build Lidl on it?

Jojo
16-11-2006, 17:22
Friday
Wales v Canada

Saturday

England v S Africa, 14:30:rolleyes:
France v New Zealand, 20:00
Italy v Argentina, 14:00
Scotland v Pacific Island, 14:30

Sunday

IRELAND :cheer: v Australia

Not that I'm in anyway biased:D Now now Alan - no need for the eyes to be rolled - we all know that England will be totally trashed by South Africa and then hopefully it will be the last we see of Robinson in charge...:D :D

Siobhan
16-11-2006, 17:32
come on Ireland !!!!! Its about tim ewe beat the aussies. It would be a great send off for Landsdowne Road, but whatever happens i sure the atmosphere will be almighty in Dublin with it being the last rugby international before they go down the road to Croke Park.

it sure will.. I hope they win.. Ireland is looking very very strong. Wales drew with them and they only beat Italy by 7 points so I think they can do really well here.. Ireland and Wales are looking strong for 6 nations

CrazyLea
16-11-2006, 18:23
Woop go Wales.. is that this Friday? Why does it have to be a Friday :(

alan45
16-11-2006, 19:02
Woop go Wales.. is that this Friday? Why does it have to be a Friday :( So as the Welsh fans can go to the pub on Saturday and wath the Springboks win.:D

Jojo
16-11-2006, 19:14
:rolleyes:

OK - England are cr.... playing badly at the moment - lets stop bashing them now eh...

I didn't hear anyone bash the Scots when they weren't up to scratch, nor the Welsh.

We know England are going to lose against Springboks, they are more than likely going to lose all games in this test and go no where in France 07, but do we have to keep hearing everyone going on and on about how useless they are - everyone has their bad seasons...

alan45
16-11-2006, 22:46
:rolleyes:

OK - England are cr.... playing badly at the moment - lets stop bashing them now eh...

I didn't hear anyone bash the Scots when they weren't up to scratch, nor the Welsh.

We know England are going to lose against Springboks, they are more than likely going to lose all games in this test and go no where in France 07, but do we have to keep hearing everyone going on and on about how useless they are - everyone has their bad seasons... One of the reasons people kick England whent they are down is because of the supercillious nature of some commentators who never give the other home natios any credit. Its always when England qualify not IF England qualify. If the other three home nations do well it bearly gets a mention. No names of course but the most arrogant is *cough* Jeremy flippin Guscott *cough*:mad:

I have to say he does my head in

............................end of rant

Jojo
16-11-2006, 23:10
One of the reasons people kick England whent they are down is because of the supercillious nature of some commentators who never give the other home natios any credit. Its always when England qualify not IF England qualify. If the other three home nations do well it bearly gets a mention. No names of course but the most arrogant is *cough* Jeremy flippin Guscott *cough*:mad:

I have to say he does my head in

............................end of rant Old Gussett does my head in - doesn't know what hes talking about half the time - why he commentates I really don't know!

Its just for a fan like me, to always have to see/hear this - I know and the rest of the fans know, that England are a load of tosh at the mo, not matter what the rose tinted glasses wearing commentators (or Gussett anyway, but hey, lets forget about him, us fans all know how bad our game play is at the moment (the booing at the Argentina game said that).

I'm sick to death of hearing about the "World Cup Winning Team" when all of them retired - we aren't a world cup winning team - we aren't even a winning team at the moment....

CrazyLea
17-11-2006, 15:07
So as the Welsh fans can go to the pub on Saturday and wath the Springboks win.:D

Are the Springboks the Irish!?
I'm sure us Welsh would rather watch our homeland thoguh :D
What time is the match anyway :searchme: Have I missed it? I'll check the guide.

Katy
17-11-2006, 15:50
im so looking forward.

The worst commentator though is Stuart Barnes, hes the most biased prat ever born on the planet. I think hes anti Welsh, Anti Irish, Anti Scottish, sometime i think he even Anti English. Hes just a prat anyway.

Jojo
17-11-2006, 15:52
Are the Springboks the Irish!?
I'm sure us Welsh would rather watch our homeland thoguh :D
What time is the match anyway :searchme: Have I missed it? I'll check the guide. The Springboks are the South Africans hun :lol:

Katy
17-11-2006, 15:54
it should be a good game though the South Africans aainst the English, hope it rains i think that helped us last week.

CrazyLea
17-11-2006, 16:43
:rotfl: Can you tell i'm not huge on Rugby :p
I only watch it if Wales are playing

Jojo
17-11-2006, 19:44
I only watch it if Wales are playing :rotfl: Not at all hun!!!

A lot of people on watch the Internationals though, so nowt wrong with that :D

Katy
18-11-2006, 13:56
Ireland are on bbc 2 at 4 pm tomorrow. England play today kicking off about 3 i think.

Sale Sharks lost last night and every one is blaming the internationals as they cant play for there club if they on on international duty, i dont htink thats very far to be honest with you.

Richie_lecturer
18-11-2006, 15:18
I only watch it if Wales are playing
Good win for Wales yesterday against Canada.

CrazyLea
18-11-2006, 15:22
What was the overall score? Last time I saw it was 40-12

Katy
18-11-2006, 19:36
it was 61 26 in the end to wales. Good win for them.

Bet Robinsons relieved. Very narrow victory for Engerland today.

Chloe O'brien
18-11-2006, 22:15
Scotland played better the first half better than the second half today. They were lucky they got four tries in the first half as I think if the pacific Islands had played the whole match they way they did the second half. I think they would have slattered Scotland.

Siobhan
20-11-2006, 10:13
:clap::clap::clap::clap: What a win for Ireland.. they played really well under the conditions (believe me, they were worse than they appeared on tv, bloody freezing in Dublin yesterday) but they won and won strong.. bring on the 6 nation.. Ireland is totally ready for this

Katy
20-11-2006, 16:00
tell me about it, back to back wins over southern hemisphere opponants. Not only wins but good wins as well.

Thought we would struggle without Peter the terrior stringer but we didnt i think Eddie O Sullivan had the right idea introducing new players just incase of injurys and what have you. Isaac Boss and Neil Best had great games. THe weather was appauling though, i loved the commontaters saying how the wind now has no advantage its going round in circles.

It was odd see a mr Jerry Flannery as pitside reporter and not playing. Its been a while since that injury i hope he is back soon as i really like his style of play.

Anyhow, Bring on the 6 nations and the World cup. m so excited.

Siobhan
20-11-2006, 16:06
tell me about it, back to back wins over southern hemisphere opponants. Not only wins but good wins as well.

Thought we would struggle without Peter the terrior stringer but we didnt i think Eddie O Sullivan had the right idea introducing new players just incase of injurys and what have you. Isaac Boss and Neil Best had great games. THe weather was appauling though, i loved the commontaters saying how the wind now has no advantage its going round in circles.

It was odd see a mr Jerry Flannery as pitside reporter and not playing. Its been a while since that injury i hope he is back soon as i really like his style of play.

Anyhow, Bring on the 6 nations and the World cup. m so excited.

the wind was going around in circles and horrible nasty rain too (hence staying in doors to watch rugby on tv).. Stringer was in for the last bit but the boys did really well without him.. they pushed and pushed!! Most of that match was played in Austrialia's half... (maybe they were too cold to play :rotfl::rotfl:)

Katy
20-11-2006, 16:09
thats what my dad said, there was an awful lot of fighting though not proper fighting but little scraps. The aussies really dont like losing. Stringer was good when he came on i do love him i thinmk hes ace but i think the main thing is that if an injury did occur our squad would be strong enough to handle it. Which is a very good thing, as for the weather non wonder there building a rof on that end of landsdown road, i did feel for the people sad in the open last night.

I watched it in the irish centre theres always a great atmospher in there, really friendly too.

Richie_lecturer
20-11-2006, 17:04
Surprised the Aussie's didn't come out with jumpers and scarves on.

England were lucky on Saturday. We are still so so poor.

Katy
25-11-2006, 17:28
i think its by by Andy Robinson with the way the english fans are going on today, poor defeat by South Africa.

We play the pacific islands tomorrow, which should be a good game.

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2006, 19:35
scotland got slaughtered by the Aussies today :eek: despite starting well they were just too strong for us. The Irish should win easily against the Pacific Islands, Scotland played them last week and they were poor in the first half.

Richie_lecturer
25-11-2006, 19:40
i think its by by Andy Robinson with the way the english fans are going on today, poor defeat by South Africa.

We were very lucky to win last week, but there was no second life this time. We got what we well and truly deserved. Robinson will hopefully be sacked on Monday morning.

CrazyLea
26-11-2006, 02:24
Us Welsh also got a complete thrashing! Very disapointing!

Katy
26-11-2006, 12:14
i heard that, Think the aussies werent as cold as they were when they played ireland, Scotland must have been a tad warmer for them, its a bit dissapoining though.

alan45
26-11-2006, 16:32
IRELAND 61 PACIFIC ISLANDS 17:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Siobhan
27-11-2006, 10:04
IRELAND 61 PACIFIC ISLANDS 17:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

target practice alan... What a game... poor PI guys.. they were slaughtered :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Richie_lecturer
27-11-2006, 15:15
Robinson to get the chop in a matter of hours.

Thank goodness.

Jojo
27-11-2006, 15:20
The full article from the BBC

Andy Robinson will resign as England's head coach on Monday, BBC Sport understands.

The Rugby Football Union will offer Robinson the same compensation package as it would have had he been sacked.

Robinson had insisted he would stay on, despite England losing for the eighth time in nine matches to South Africa at Twickenham on Saturday.

But on Sunday an RFU source told BBC Sport that Robinson would be asked to resign or else face the sack.

World Cup-winning captain Martin Johnson is understood to be first choice to step into the breach.

If he is not available, former Wasps and Ireland coach Warren Gatland or ex-South Africa coach Nick Mallett will come into the frame.

England have lost 13 of their 22 Tests under Robinson - including three of this month's four autumn internationals - and have slumped to seventh in the IRB world rankings.

Robinson's team were booed off the pitch by the Twickenham crowd for the second time in three matches after their 25-14 defeat against South Africa on Saturday.

Former Bath coach Robinson was assistant coach to Sir Clive Woodward and a key part of the coaching team which won the World Cup in 2003.

And when Woodward resigned in September 2004, Robinson was the RFU's unanimous choice to take over.

The 42-year-old, who has a contract until June 2008, has led England to two consecutive fourth place finishes in the Six Nations, and has won just one away match.

The RFU conducted a review after the 2006 Six Nations, and Robinson survived despite assistant coaches Phil Larder, Dave Alred and Joe Lydon all losing their jobs.

Brian Ashton (attack), John Wells (forwards) and Mike Ford (defence) have since been appointed under Robinson, while Rob Andrew has taken on the elite director of rugby role.

But the changes have failed to spark a revival in England's fortunes, and former England captain Will Carling said Robinson would have to go.

"I'm an England fan and after the four games in November, I haven't witnessed a lot of improvement," he told Sportsweek.

"I think it is time for a change in the coach - not because of the last four games, or even the last two games, but because of the last two years.

"If you look at England over the last two years, we don't seem to have any combinations that are working and Andy Robinson has to take responsibility for that."

But Carling said there needed to be much greater clarity in terms of the specific job description of anyone brought in to replace Robinson.

"I don't believe we need another coach - we need a manager," said Carling.

"We need someone who can get the environment right and I think Martin Johnson would be good for that.

"But whether he wants to step straight into that is another thing. He's got some superb qualities, but it depends what the remit of the job is."

Johnson has gone on record as saying Robinson should be replaced.

Jojo
27-11-2006, 15:21
Robinson to get the chop in a matter of hours.

Thank goodness. And lets hope whoever replaces him, kicks Hodgson into touch (did you like that?! :D) and gives the armband to someone other than Correy

:cheer: :cheer:

Best news I've heard in a long time!!

What do we think about Johnson being his replacement though?? Any views on that?

Katy
27-11-2006, 15:27
dont think he has the capabilities to be honest, doesnt have a rugby brain if you ask me.

As for Ireland, what a game your right. I didnt get to see it but am i right in thinking O Gara didnt play, i had a competition you see. The poor Pacific Islands, i thought they would have been better than they actually were.

alan45
27-11-2006, 15:34
but am i right in thinking O Gara didnt play, i. He was replaced as fly half by Ulsterman Paddy Wallace who earned his first Irish Cap. He proved a worth stand in for Ronan O'Gara and will make an ideal replacement for David Humphries

Jojo
27-11-2006, 15:41
Well Pat Lam did have to put them together at the last minute, so hadn't had much playing time together and then got beaten by everyone...if they'd had more time together, things might have been different.

As for Argentina and Englands defeat to them, well, France only beat them by 1 point at the weekend - and they stuffed Italy, so Argentina can't be as c...bad as everyone thought they were going to be.

Katy
27-11-2006, 16:03
He was replaced as fly half by Ulsterman Paddy Wallace who earned his first Irish Cap. He proved a worth stand in for Ronan O'Gara and will make an ideal replacement for David Humphries

Oh right i just didnt notice his name on the score sheet. Think eddie has the right idea bringing the players in slowly.

alan45
27-11-2006, 16:32
Oh right i just didnt notice his name on the score sheet. Think eddie has the right idea bringing the players in slowly. :eek: :eek: He scored 26 points.

From Sporting Life The 27-year-old Ulsterman finished with a 26-point haul, consisting of one try, three penalties and six conversions, in a display which coupled superb kicking with moments of attacking brilliance.

O'Driscoll said: "It was a very complete performance from Paddy. It's always difficult to start your first international at fly-half, no matter who the opposition are.

Richie_lecturer
27-11-2006, 19:31
And lets hope whoever replaces him, kicks Hodgson into touch (did you like that?! :D)
Very good. :cool:

and gives the armband to someone other than Correy

How about someone with the surname Emmerdale?

What do we think about Johnson being his replacement though?? Any views on that?
Bit too early if you ask me. He should replace Pat Howard at Leicester next season first, and gain experience.

Rob Andrew should take over in the short term.

Richie_lecturer
27-11-2006, 19:34
As for Ireland, what a game your right. I didnt get to see it but am i right in thinking O Gara didnt play, i had a competition you see. The poor Pacific Islands, i thought they would have been better than they actually were.
They are a poor side (PI). Fiji are OK but still quite poor.

Great way for Ireland to leave their fortress. Where will they be playing until the new stadium is built?

Richie_lecturer
27-11-2006, 19:35
As for Argentina and Englands defeat to them, well, France only beat them by 1 point at the weekend - and they stuffed Italy, so Argentina can't be as c...bad as everyone thought they were going to be.
They've always been a good/underated side, but England should still be too good for them, and France.

The likes of Australia and especially New Zealand would rip Argentina to pieces, every single time.

Jojo
27-11-2006, 19:38
They've always been a good/underated side, but England should still be too good for them, and France.

The likes of Australia and especially New Zealand would rip Argentina to pieces, every single time. Indeed they would Richie, but considering everyone is supposed to hate the French, almost as much as they hate us English, you'd have thought some comments would have been made about it :D

Jojo
27-11-2006, 19:42
Very good. :cool:

Why thanks :D

Bit too early if you ask me. He should replace Pat Howard at Leicester next season first, and gain experience.

Rob Andrew should take over in the short term. I agree - he's not long been out of International playing circuit and needs to gain experience, like you said, rather than being shoved straight into that position. Rob Andrew would be a great choice, to try and salvage something for the 6 Nations and maybe even the World Cup and then review again from there. Why they didn't get rid of Robinson before, when everyone else in his team was dismissed, I really don't know.....maybe if he had been, we might be looking like a stronger team, rather than an embarrassing team to take into the 6 Nations and World Cup next year.

alan45
27-11-2006, 19:43

Great way for Ireland to leave their fortress. Where will they be playing until the new stadium is built?

Croke Park, Dublin. Home of the GAA. This will be the first time they have allowed a 'foreign' game to be played on its hollowed turf.

http://www.crokepark.ie/

Richie_lecturer
27-11-2006, 22:42
Indeed they would Richie, but considering everyone is supposed to hate the French, almost as much as they hate us English, you'd have thought some comments would have been made about it :D
I can only guess Jack Clouseau is in charge of the British media now. :cool:

Nice stadium Alan. :cool:

Katy
28-11-2006, 15:42

They will be playing internationals at Croke Park, home of the GAA, they have finally agreed as origionally it was meant for the GAA only.

Its a magnificant stadium, my dads been and said it was great.

Siobhan
28-11-2006, 15:55
They will be playing internationals at Croke Park, home of the GAA, they have finally agreed as origionally it was meant for the GAA only.

Its a magnificant stadium, my dads been and said it was great.

My ex hubby built quiet a bit of the stadium. Ireland really need another place Croke park was always GAA. Landsdowne was for Rugby. it that football crowd that have no where to go

Katy
28-11-2006, 16:05
lol, the football outsiders. The atmosphere for the six nations at Croke park should be great. My dad got lost when he went, him and his mate went to the all ireland final and they could nt find the way they had came out, as it was so big.