PDA

View Full Version : How it should be

Harmanizing
08-05-2005, 12:51
Hi, this is my first time on here. I am writing a story of how I would like to see things work out. Well here goes.

Having finished the paper-work in the bookie’s office, Dennis went to check that Pat was okay to work alone for the rest of the day. Grateful as he was to Andy for leaving him the business, he really hadn’t worked up too much interest in the place and pretty much left the running of it to Pat. Having got her agreement, he went outside onto Turpin Rd. and made to go to the Vic. Walking down Bridge St. past the launderette, he stopped dead in his tracks. There standing in the Square’s garden was Sharon. She was looking straight at him. He went over to her and without saying a word; he took her into his arms and kissed her lovingly.

“Sharon, Thank God! I didn’t think I’d ever see you again. Oh baby, tell me you still love me. Tell me nothing has changed”

“Darling do you really need to ask? Of course I still love you”

He kissed her again with more passion this time

“I tried to find you but I didn’t know where you were. I’ve got so much to tell you”

“It’s okay darling, I already know ……….about Dad and Zoe”

“So you know I haven’t been with her for months?”

“Yes, I do. I know everything”

He put his arm around her and guided her to number 43. He had kept the flat on when he came back to the Square. It held so many memories of Sharon in every room that he hadn’t wanted to live anywhere else. Once inside, he took her into his arms again, kissing her over and over again.

“Dennis, there’s something I need to know”

“What’s that sweetheart?” he asked her, still kissing her neck and face as he spoke.

“I come back to the Square and I find you coming out of the bookies, wearing your black suit. Dennis, you haven’t gone back to working for Andy have you? I don’t think I could stand it if you have”

Dennis smiled down at her “Sharon darling, I don’t work at the bookies, I own it!”

“What? But how? I mean, I know you couldn’t afford to buy it, so how can you own it?”

“Andy left it to me in his will”

“His will? You mean Andy is dead?”

“Yes. I’m sorry baby, when you said you knew what had been going on I assumed you knew that too”

“No, I just meant that I knew all about Zoe's pregnancy and you finding her and Dad together”

With that he picked her up and carried her into the bedroom. Still kissing her, he started to undo her top and pulled it up over her head. Then his hand slipped to the fastener on her skirt and he undid that too. Gently he pushed her back onto the bed and as he did so he fell on top of her. They made love for the first time since the afternoon before Christmas when Den had almost caught them in the club.
Afterwards Dennis was in the shower when the bathroom door opened and Sharon stepped into the cubicle. Smiling, he said “Hi, I hoped you’d join me, that’s why I left the door unlocked”

Later, as they were getting dressed, Dennis suggested they go out for a meal that evening. He then looked up a number in the ‘phone book and made a reservation at a very good restaurant he had discovered some time before.

Sharon let Dennis do all the ordering and she thoroughly enjoyed every part of the meal. As they were drinking the Champagne he had ordered, Dennis looked deep into her eyes and said “Sharon, you know how much I love you don’t you? I fell in love with you that very first moment I saw you at my mum’s funeral and I’ve loved you ever since,

you know that. Christmas was the worst day of my life and I’ve been miserable ever since you left, thinking I’d lost you for good and I’d never see you again”

“Dennis….. I’m so sorry darling. I.. I just couldn’t bear the idea of you having a child with Zoe”

“I know baby but that’s all over and done with now but I can’t take the chance of losing you again, Sharon will you marry me?”

“Oh darling. Yes, yes of course I’ll marry you. I love you too Dennis”

He leaned over the table and kissed her before whispering “Thank you baby, you’ve just made me the happiest man on Earth”

Angeldelight
08-05-2005, 14:29
this is really good, i hope you post more soon!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh that's so sweet, bless him, they're such a great couple!!!!! :cheer: :bow:

but what has everyone one got to say??? now i'm a little worried, THEY HAVE TO BE TOGETHER, TOGETHER FOREVER :wub: :wub: