PDA

View Full Version : How it should be

Harmanizing
08-05-2005, 12:48
Hi, this is my first time on here. I am writing a story of how I would like to see things work out. Well here goes.

Having finished the paper-work in the bookie’s office, Dennis went to check that Pat was okay to work alone for the rest of the day. Grateful as he was to Andy for leaving him the business, he really hadn’t worked up too much interest in the place and pretty much left the running of it to Pat. Having got her agreement, he went outside onto Turpin Rd. and made to go to the Vic. Walking down Bridge St. past the launderette, he stopped dead in his tracks. There standing in the Square’s garden was Sharon. She was looking straight at him. He went over to her and without saying a word; he took her into his arms and kissed her lovingly.

“Sharon, Thank God! I didn’t think I’d ever see you again. Oh baby, tell me you still love me. Tell me nothing has changed”

“Darling do you really need to ask? Of course I still love you”

He kissed her again with more passion this time

“I tried to find you but I didn’t know where you were. I’ve got so much to tell you”

“It’s okay darling, I already know ……….about Dad and Zoe”

“So you know I haven’t been with her for months?”

“Yes, I do. I know everything”

He put his arm around her and guided her to number 43. He had kept the flat on when he came back to the Square. It held so many memories of Sharon in every room that he hadn’t wanted to live anywhere else. Once inside, he took her into his arms again, kissing her over and over again.

“Dennis, there’s something I need to know”

“What’s that sweetheart?” he asked her, still kissing her neck and face as he spoke.

“I come back to the Square and I find you coming out of the bookies, wearing your black suit. Dennis, you haven’t gone back to working for Andy have you? I don’t think I could stand it if you have”

Dennis smiled down at her “Sharon darling, I don’t work at the bookies, I own it!”

“What? But how? I mean, I know you couldn’t afford to buy it, so how can you own it?”

“Andy left it to me in his will”

“His will? You mean Andy is dead?”

“Yes. I’m sorry baby, when you said you knew what had been going on I assumed you knew that too”

“No, I just meant that I knew all about Zoe's pregnancy and you finding her and Dad together”

With that he picked her up and carried her into the bedroom. Still kissing her, he started to undo her top and pulled it up over her head. Then his hand slipped to the fastener on her skirt and he undid that too. Gently he pushed her back onto the bed and as he did so he fell on top of her. They made love for the first time since the afternoon before Christmas when Den had almost caught them in the club.
Afterwards Dennis was in the shower when the bathroom door opened and Sharon stepped into the cubicle. Smiling, he said “Hi, I hoped you’d join me, that’s why I left the door unlocked”

Later, as they were getting dressed, Dennis suggested they go out for a meal that evening. He then looked up a number in the ‘phone book and made a reservation at a very good restaurant he had discovered some time before.

Sharon let Dennis do all the ordering and she thoroughly enjoyed every part of the meal. As they were drinking the Champagne he had ordered, Dennis looked deep into her eyes and said “Sharon, you know how much I love you don’t you? I fell in love with you that very first moment I saw you at my mum’s funeral and I’ve loved you ever since,

you know that. Christmas was the worst day of my life and I’ve been miserable ever since you left, thinking I’d lost you for good and I’d never see you again”

“Dennis….. I’m so sorry darling. I.. I just couldn’t bear the idea of you having a child with Zoe”

“I know baby but that’s all over and done with now but I can’t take the chance of losing you again, Sharon will you marry me?”

“Oh darling. Yes, yes of course I’ll marry you. I love you too Dennis”

He leaned over the table and kissed her before whispering “Thank you baby, you’ve just made me the happiest man on Earth”

di marco
08-05-2005, 15:16
that was great! :D they should so get back together! dennis is so sweet! :) more soon please, cant wait

Harmanizing
09-05-2005, 22:58
As it should be (part 2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Angeldelight. Hope you like the next part.

As they were walking back to the flat, Dennis, with his arm around Sharon, asked “Would you like to see what Johnny Allen has done to the club?”

“Maybe tomorrow darling but not tonight. Tonight I have a brand new fiancé and I want to go home and make mad passionate love to him all night”

“Well in that case, take me home please. I can’t wait!”

As they entered the flat Sharon smiled to herself.

“What are you grinning at baby?”

“I was just thinking of all the time we wasted”

“What do you mean, what time did we waste?”

“All that time we lived here, with me sleeping in the bedroom and you on the sofa. It really was an awful waste wasn’t it?”

Dennis laughed “Yes you’re right. Still never mind, we have the rest of our lives to make up for it haven’t we?”

“Yes we have. Let’s start now shall we?”

Next morning Dennis was awake and lying looking at Sharon as she slept. He couldn’t believe all that had happened in the last twenty-four hours. Yesterday morning he had been totally miserable, thinking he would never see her again. Now, here she was lying in bed next to him, after the most fantastic night of love making he had ever had in his life. As he gazed at her she started to rouse from sleep and he leaned over and kissed her ‘til she was completely awake.

“Morning gorgeous”

“Hi.”

“Sharon, today I want you to get yourself ready to go up west. There is something I have to do and I need you to be with me”

“Sounds very mysterious. Should I be worried?”

“Maybe, I’m not really sure, it depends on whether you meant what you said last night”

“Well in that case I should be okay because I meant every word”

He leaned over and kissed her, first on the lips then all over her body until he had her totally aroused and ready for him to make love to her again. Which he did gladly.
As they were sitting eating breakfast a while later, they discussed their plans for the day ahead. Apart from the mysterious trip ‘up west’ Dennis said he needed to pop into the bookies to make sure everything was okay. If they were to be married he told her, he would have to take more interest in the place as it would be their main means of income
“I’d also like us to go and let Dot know you’re back. She has been like a mum to me ever since I first came to the square and I wouldn’t want her to find out from anyone else”

“Well, if you go over to the bookies now, I’ll get ready and we can go over to Dot before we go out”

“Thanks baby, I knew you would understand, you know how much she helped me before and she has been the only person I could talk to…….about you I mean, well apart from Chrissie that is but she hasn’t seemed to want to know me since Den left”

“Left? You mean Dad’s gone? Since when, where’s he gone? Is he coming back?”

“You didn’t know? I think you had better tell me just how much you do know about what’s been going on here”

Harmanizing
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Harmanizing
Find all posts by Harmanizing
Add Harmanizing to Your Buddy List

#2 Yesterday, 14:39

Harmanizing
09-05-2005, 22:59
Sharon then explained all about the night she had come back at Chrissie’s bidding. How she had been expecting to find her dad lying ill in bed and instead had heard him admit everything he had done to keep them apart.

“I kept asking him over and over again where you were but he just kept saying he didn’t know. In the end I just got in a taxi and left the square. I didn’t want to have anything to do with him after that. I even told him he wasn’t my dad, I said my dad died years ago and was buried next to my mum”

“Baby I wish I’d been here. I’m sorry”

“It wasn’t your fault, you weren’t to know. How could you, after all you hadn’t been around had you?”

“No wonder Chrissie has been a bit off with me, she probably blames me for Den’s disappearance but where did you go? I have assumed all this time that you were in the States but I couldn’t track you down”

“No, I have been staying at the hotel where we spent that evening together. I was so happy there, with you, it seemed the logical place. Mind you it wasn’t the same without you there”

Dennis grinned at this last comment. He couldn’t think why it had never occurred to him to look in the hotel; he had just been so sure she was still in the States.

“If you want me to I’ll tell you all about Zoe and Den and what happened when I came back. It doesn’t make a very pretty picture though, so it’s completely up to you”

“I’ve already got the gist of it from Dad’s own lips. I don’t think I need to know any more, not yet anyway”

“Okay then, I’m off to the bookies. I’ll be as quick as I possibly can”

With that he gave her a quick kiss and left the flat. On his way he saw Zoe setting out her stall; as usual he ignored her and just carried on walking round to the bookies.

Dot couldn’t believe her eyes when she opened the door to find Dennis with his arms around Sharon. She immediately invited them both in. “I’m so pleased for both of you. Don’t let anything get in the way this time “

“Don’t worry Dot; we have already made sure of that. Last night I asked Sharon to marry me and she agreed, so we’re engaged

“That’s wonderful. You two deserve it; you’ve both had so much unhappiness in your lives. It’s good to know you have finally found each other and I know you will be happy together. People who love each other as much as you two do can’t fail to be good together. Now, would you like a cup of tea?”

“Thanks Dot but we are on our way out. Dennis is taking me somewhere. He won’t give me any hint where we’re going though; he says it’s a surprise, so I’m just keeping my fingers crossed!”

“Well wherever it is Sharon I know you’ll enjoy it if you’re with Dennis. He loves you too much to take you anywhere you wouldn’t like. Anyway have a good time, and Sharon you make sure you come back afterwards and tell me where you’ve been!”

“Okay Dot, that’s a promise”

Dennis hailed a taxi and told the driver to take them to Bond Street. Once there he told Sharon to close her eyes and gently guided her to one of the most famous jewellers in the world. Inside he took her to the ring section and then told her she could open her eyes again. She looked around, realising where they were, she looked at the rings. The cheapest one on display was £3,000.

“Oh Dennis are you sure? I mean can you really afford to shop here? A ring costing a twentieth of that price would do you know”

“Only the very best is good enough for you baby. Now let’s sort out a nice one shall we?”

Sharon chose a diamond solitaire costing £3,500. Then, between them, they chose matching wedding rings, bringing the total to nearly £5,000.

“Dennis this is really wonderful of you but please tell me you won’t be getting yourself into debt for it”

“Don’t worry sweetheart, I’ve been saving all the money I’ve made from the bookies. Let’s face it; I’ve had nothing to spend it on have I? I love you Sharon and nothing and I do mean nothing, is too good for you. Now let’s go somewhere we can celebrate in private shall we?”

“I know the very place darling”

Less then half an hour later they stood outside ‘their’ hotel.

di marco
10-05-2005, 08:18
fab! :D loving this script, dennis is soooooo sweet bless him! :) hope theres more soon please, cant wait

Harmanizing
10-05-2005, 15:05
Thanks very much di Marco. You seem to be the only one reading this so the next part is just for you.

Sharon went round to Dot as she had promised and showed her the rings. Dennis had gone straight back to the flat. He wanted to make a ‘phone call without Sharon hearing it.

“That’s right; we will be going to the registrar’s office sometime this week to book the wedding. I’ll let you know what happens. See you soon then, bye”

Sharon came back shortly after he had hung up the ‘phone.

“Tea or wine?”

“Wine please”

As he poured the drink he asked “What did Dot say then?”

She was thrilled Dennis. She wants us to go to the Vic tonight for a celebration drink with her and Jim”

“And how do you feel about that? Going to the Vic I mean. You okay with it? If not we could always get them to come here instead”

“No, it’s okay darling, I can’t stay away from the pub for the rest of my life can I?”

As soon as they walked in, the place erupted, everyone was cheering and clapping. A quickly made banner hung over the bar; it read ‘Congratulations Sharon & Dennis.’ Dot came over to them and said that everyone wanted to wish them well and the first drink was on her.

During the course of the evening it seemed that everyone they knew wanted to buy them drinks, after a while though
they had to start refusing or they would never have made it home.

“Thank you all very much. Neither of us expected anything like this, in fact we were quite prepared for a certain amount of hostility. It’s great to know you are all on our side, so to speak. Now I am going to take my fiancé home before she has any more wine, coz I think I’ve had too much myself tonight to be able to carry her back! Thank you all once again and goodnight” With that they left the bar with their arms around each other, neither of them quite sure who was holding up whom.

Back in the flat they both fell onto their bed and went straight to sleep.

Next morning, as usual, Dennis woke first. He got out of bed and went to make himself some coffee. Just then Sharon woke up and joined him in the kitchen.

“That was some night wasn’t it? Trust Dot to spread the word! Even Chrissie seemed pleased to see us. I must admit after that night I came back, I wasn’t exactly looking forward to seeing her”

“That was the most she’s spoken to me since I came back too. Perhaps things are beginning to get back to normal eh?”

Sharon fingered her ring; she still couldn’t believe Dennis had bought her anything quite so beautiful. “I really love this you know Dennis, almost as much as I love you!”

Dennis grinned and put a cup of coffee and some toast down in front of her. “I love it too baby, coz it means you’re mine and you don’t care who knows it” He kissed her and turned back to the toaster. He put another coffee and toast on the table for himself and sat down.

“Sharon, I don’t want to rush you but I wondered how you would feel about going to the registrar’s office today to arrange for the wedding”

“Good idea but I have been thinking. As you said, maybe things are beginning to get back to normal and I was wondering…..”

“Go on baby, anything you say is okay with me, you know that”

“How would you feel about getting married in the Vic? It’s only an idea but it does seem to be a way of getting us all back together again”

“It would certainly make it more personal. Let’s have a word with Chrissie first before we make any decisions though. I have been thinking too, about the date that is. How would you feel about September 29th?”

“The day Dad came back you mean?”

“Yes but not because of that. It was the first time we were together”

“The first time you told me you loved me”

“That’s got to be a day worth remembering hasn’t it?”

“Yes darling it certainly is.”

“That’s settled then, September 29th it is”

EastendersRox
10-05-2005, 16:05
lovin' it

di marco
11-05-2005, 06:44
great! :D so glad no one was nasty towards them! loving it! :) hope theres more soon, cant wait

Harmanizing
11-05-2005, 13:40
For di Marco and Eastenders Rox here is part 5. Hope you like it.

Chrissie smiled to herself when they told her their idea. Only she realised the irony of the whole thing. When, at Christmas, Dennis had said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Sharon, Den’s reply had been ‘Over my dead body.’ Now, here they were, saying they wanted to get married in the pub. As far as she was concerned this would be her final revenge on her cheating husband.

“I think it’s a lovely idea, after all this was your home for most of your life wasn’t it Sharon? I’m so pleased you want us to put things right between us. I’ve missed your friendship very much, both of you”

“Well, now we know where it’s going to be, we had better see about getting a licence. We’ll call in later to let you know how we get on. Right now though, I have to call in the bookies again. I can’t keep on leaving things to Pat. What are you going to do baby? Do you want to come with me or what?”

“Yes, I think I will. It would be interesting to see how a bookies works from the inside.”

In the office Dennis was showing Sharon the daily running of a bookies. Having run a business all her adult life she was quick to pick it up.

“How would you like to have me doing some of the work for you?”

“You mean you wouldn’t mind working here?” He took her in his arms. “Sounds great to me, the idea of spending my working hours with a sexy blonde. What man could resist an offer like that? Mind you, I’m getting married soon so perhaps we should be a bit discreet about it don’t you think? ”

“Don’t tell the wife to be you mean?”

“Beautiful, sexy and clever, sounds like the perfect work-mate to me!”

They both laughed and carried on with the work.

Sitting in the waiting room at the registrar’s office they were both feeling a bit nervous.

“I wish they would call us in, I don’t like all this waiting around”

“Don’t worry darling, we’ll be okay. Whatever are you going to be like on our wedding day if you are like this now?” Sharon laughed “I’ve never seen you so nervous”

“I know baby, it’s just that every time we get close to being together for keeps something seems to go wrong at the last moment. I just want to get it over so that I know you really are mine and no-one can do anything to change it”

“Mr. Rickman and Miss Watts Please”

“At last! Well baby, this is your last chance to change your mind. You really do want to get married don’t you?”

“And what would you do if I said no?”

“Oh, nothing much. I think I’d just go home and kill myself that’s all! Come on, let’s go in and arrange a wedding shall we?”

“Yes please. After all, I really don’t have much option do I? Now I know I have to get married; if only to save your live!”

“How soon would be the first date we could get married?”

“Well Mr. Rickman, you have to allow at least three weeks from today, so when are you thinking of?”

“We thought September 29th”

“Yes that’s okay it’s nearly four weeks so there’s no problem there and you are obviously both over eighteen so there’s no need for parental consent. Have either if you been married before?”

“Yes, I have but I was divorced nearly ten years ago”

“In that case I will need to see your divorce papers”

Sharon reached for the bag she had put under her chair

“I’ve got them here” She handed them to the registrar.

“Right, well they are all in order. Now, where is the wedding to be held and what sort of time did you have in mind?”

“Three o/clock at The Queen Victoria Pub. Albert Square, Walford. It is licensed for weddings”

“Yes I know. I arranged a marriage license for a wedding there a couple of years or so ago. The landlord was getting married as I remember”

“That’s right, Alfie Moon he’s a friend of ours but he isn’t the landlord any more”

“Really? Oh well, let’s get back to you two shall we? September 29th three o/clock at the Queen Victoria Public House, Albert Square, Walford, E20. Right that’s that then, you can now go ahead and arrange your wedding and I’ll see you there. May I wish you the best of luck and every happiness in your life together?”

They both shook her hand and thanked her for her good wishes, then they made their way back to the Vic.

Skits
11-05-2005, 15:03
it's brill. so sweet to see sharon and dennis planning their wedding. great that chrissie gets more revenge on den even when he's dead!! :wub:

Angeldelight
11-05-2005, 17:39
oh my god just caught up as the computer has been lplaying up!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh that's just so sweet i mean ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I loved Dot's reaction and her getting the party sorted bless!!! WE LOVE DOT!!!

post more soon or i'll have to hurt you, hehe

Harmanizing
12-05-2005, 14:05
Thanks to everyone who has replied, I hope you keep on enjoying it!

They told Chrissie the arrangements they had made. She opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate and to wish them well. They then went to have a word with Ian regarding the catering, which he was only too pleased to do and the local florist, for the bouquet and button holes. Next stop was Dot’s again, to keep her up to date with all their arrangements and to ask her and Jim to be their witnesses. Then it was back to their flat for something to eat, after first having stopped at a stationer’s to buy wedding invitations.

As she was cooking their meal, Sharon could hear Dennis talking on the ‘phone, although she couldn’t quite make out what he was saying.

“That’s right, September 29th three o/clock at the Vic. Okay, see you there hopefully. No, Sharon doesn’t know anything, just in case”

Once they had finished eating Sharon looked at Dennis with a strange look on her face.

“That was delicious, I really enjoyed it but then I’d love anything you cooked for me. You look worried about something though Sharon. What is it baby?”

“Dennis, you know you said that the bookies would be our main source of income? I think you must have forgotten the money I got from selling the club”

“What about it”

“Well I still have it and I was wondering what to do with it”

“What do you mean? You don’t need to do anything with it”

“That’s just it, I don’t need to but I want to”

“And what do you want to do with it then?”

“I’d like to buy the club back!”

“WHAT? You must be kidding!”

“No I’m not, you asked what I would like to do and that is it”

“But Sharon, you haven’t seen what Johnny Allen has done to the place. It’s twice the size it was. He bought the snooker hall too and knocked them in together. It must be worth an absolute fortune now.

“Calm down darling. I said that’s what I’d like to do; I didn’t say I thought I had any chance of doing it! I would like to go and have a look at the place though; especially now you’ve told me it looks so different”

Dennis sighed with relief, for a moment he’d had visions of a battle between Sharon and Johnny and that was one thing he didn’t even want to contemplate.

“Okay baby let’s go tonight shall we? We can make a real night of it; perhaps go for a meal somewhere first.”

“Mmm sounds nice. How about the Argie Bargie? I haven’t been there for ages. That is if it’s still there of course”

“Yes okay. I’ll book a table for………..what time do you want?”

“About eight thirty should be fine. That would give us time to go on to the club about ten thirty or so”

“I think you had better prepare yourself for a shock though. For some reason Johnny has called the club Scarlet and everything inside is red”

“Ouch! Now you’ve got me really intrigued. What on earth does it look like?”

“Different, a lot different”

In the club that evening Dennis asked Sharon if she wanted to dance.

“I didn’t really care about dancing; I just wanted to have an excuse to hold you close”

“I know; don’t forget how well I know you Dennis!”

“You always did know me better than anyone else didn’t you” he smiled. “So what do you think of Scarlet then?”

“Well, as you said, it’s certainly different. Let’s go home Dennis, it doesn’t feel the same somehow, I don’t really like the place any more,”

“Okay, anything you say baby”

They left the club and walked slowly home.

Tamzi
12-05-2005, 18:44
They are so sweet. This is really great. More more more
xxx

Harmanizing
13-05-2005, 14:14
Thanks for all the replies. Here goes with part 6.

“We still have one very important job to do for the wedding you know baby”

“What’s that then?”

“We have to buy you a dress and it has to be something really special”

“But Dennis, I really don’t need anything too posh you know”

“Rubbish. What did I tell you about the ring eh? Nothing is too good for you. I am going to take you out tomorrow and we are going to find the best dress we possibly can and I won’t take any arguments okay?”

“Okay darling I give in but can I at least pay for it myself?”

“No”

With that he took her to bed and they made love again before going to sleep wrapped in each other’s arms.

Next day they were back in Bond Street. Looking at wedding dresses.

“You know, you shouldn’t see the dress before the wedding Dennis, it’s bad luck”

“Baby we don’t need luck. We are going to be deliriously happy because we are going to be together. Just how lucky do you need to be?”

“Yes you’re right, come on, let’s decide on a dress we both like”

Sharon sorted out a few dresses that she really liked but couldn’t decide which she liked best.

“Which one do you like darling? I can’t decide, they are all gorgeous”

“I like the pink one; you looked really beautiful in that”

“That’s it then, the pink one it is. Now it really is my turn to spend some money”

“Why? What else do you need, apart from shoes of course?”

“It’s not for me, it’s for you. You bought my dress now I am going to buy your suit and this time I won’t take any arguments!”

“Fair enough!” He laughed “Let’s go to the menswear department then.” Between them they chose a black suit with black shirt and a pink tie to match Sharon’s dress.”

When they were both happy with their outfits they got a taxi back home.

Once they had booked a photographer, all the wedding details were sorted out and everything went smoothly for the next few weeks, until the big day finally arrived. As always Dennis was first awake. He leaned over and kissed Sharon awake.

“Morning gorgeous”

“Morning darling”

“I can’t believe this day has really arrived. It’s something I’ve dreamed about for over two years. I’d given up on it ever happening though. Then when I saw you in the Square’s garden all my hopes came alive again. I don’t think you have any idea how much you mean to me”

“This really is it, isn’t it? Our wedding day, I can’t quite believe it either. This time Dennis, there really is nothing going to screw it up. I am not going to let you out of my sight until you have said I do”

“In that case, I am just about to take a bath. Feel like joining me?”

As they were eating breakfast later Dennis gave Sharon a box wrapped in white paper with a huge bow on top.

“Happy wedding day sweetheart. I hope you like it”

“Dennis! I didn’t expect a present after all you have paid out on me lately”

“It’s not so much a present for you as it is for me” he grinned.

Opening the box Sharon found a complete set of sexy underwear, bra, briefs, suspender belt a half slip and a full length slip. There was also a pair of see through baby doll pyjamas, all in the same shade of pink as her wedding dress.

“Darling they’re gorgeous! I’ll wear them for the wedding”

“That was the idea. I can’t wait to see you in them, especially the pyjamas but keep looking there’s something else in the bottom”

Sharon couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw two airline tickets. Dennis had booked a fortnight’s honeymoon in the same hotel they had stayed in on their first holiday together. The flight time was later that evening.

“Oh Dennis, this is incredible. It will be the perfect end to a perfect day. I love you so much darling”

“And I love you baby”

Stacy
13-05-2005, 16:56
This is great, hope theres more to come!

Tamzi
13-05-2005, 18:46
Fab babe. more please
xxx

Angeldelight
13-05-2005, 18:51
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's just so sweet!! i hope everythoing goes ok!!!!!

Post more SOON or i... i don't know but it won't be very nice

Harmanizing
13-05-2005, 20:43
:cheer:

Harmanizing
13-05-2005, 20:48
There sure is Stacy, keep reading! You too Angeldelight and Jake Moon Rox. Thanks for your replies.

di marco
14-05-2005, 08:36
fab! :D just caught up. loving the script. hope the wedding goes well! :) cant wait for the next part, hope its very soon please

Harmanizing
14-05-2005, 11:52
Thank you all so much for your replies. I did think for a while that no-one was reading this story. I do really hope you all carry on enjoying it.

Just then the door buzzer went. Dennis ran to the intercom and having said something that Sharon couldn’t hear, he pressed the button to open the front door but he didn’t open the flat door as they usually did. A couple of minutes later they heard a tapping on the door.

“Can you see to that baby? I must have forgotten to open the door”

Dennis pretended to be busy doing something in the kitchen but he turned to watch as Sharon went to open the door and screamed.

“VICKI!” She threw her arms around her sister “Oh darling it’s so good to see you. I had no idea you were coming”

“Sharon, I’ve brought you a wedding present, I hope you don’t mind”

She moved aside and it was then Sharon saw Michelle standing on the landing behind Vicki.

“MICHELLE, I can’t believe this!”

After hugging Michelle, Sharon looked suspiciously at Dennis

“Did you know about this?”

“Of course he did Sharon, he arranged it all. He even paid for the tickets for Mum and me”

Sharon threw her arms around Dennis and kissed him passionately, not caring that they had an audience.

Dennis gave Vicki a hug telling her it was wonderful to see her again, and then he gave Michelle a kiss on the cheek and said how pleased he was to meet her at last.

“I’m very glad to finally meet you too Dennis but I’ve heard so much about you, from these two, I feel like we are old friends already”

“So, champagne all round is it?”

“Yes please darling.”

After he had poured them, Sharon raised her glass in a toast,

“Here’s to the three people I love most in the world. The most important people in my life”

Michelle then added her toast,

“And here’s to you two. May you always be as happy as you are today”

They all sipped their drinks. Then the door buzzer went again. This time Dennis spoke loudly enough to be heard,

“Okay, can you bring them up please?” He then opened the flat door

The florist entered the room with Sharon’s bouquet and several buttonholes all in pink roses. There were double buttonholes for Dennis, Jim and Dot and two extra ones that Dennis had secretly ordered for Vicki and Michelle.

They all sat talking for an hour or two. Vicki told Dennis what she had been up to since she left and Sharon brought both women up to date with everything that had happened to her and Dennis. Vicki was shocked to hear about Den’s behaviour but even more surprised at Zoe’s participation.

“I’m so sorry Dennis; I really thought she was a friend. I can hardly believe she would stoop so low”

“Don’t worry sis, it’s all over and done with now. Sharon and I are together and that’s all that really matters. Anyway it’s time we got ready; we do have something rather important to do this afternoon you know”

“I think I’ll go over and see Dot and Jim first, then I’ll come back and get changed”

“Okay Vicks, you can take their buttonholes over if you like”

“I’d like to see Dot too. It’s been years since I last saw her. I wonder if she’d recognise me after all this time?”

“Of course she will ‘Chelle. You haven’t changed a bit in all the years I’ve known you”

They both left, taking two of the buttonholes with them and Sharon and Dennis started to get changed.

When he saw Sharon in the wedding dress Dennis was overwhelmed at how beautiful she looked. She completely took his breath away.

“Sharon you really are beautiful, I don’t deserve you”

“Well, if I do look good, I’m not the only one. You look fantastic darling, you really do. Here let me do your buttonhole for you”

As she got closer to Dennis to put the buttonhole on his lapel, he pulled her to him and kissed her with all the love he could muster. Vicki and Michelle came back a few minutes later and were both surprised at how fantastic both the bride and groom looked.

“Dot and Jim will be ready soon; they are coming here as soon as they are.

“Alright darling but I think you two had better get moving if you are going to change”

“Don’t worry Sharon; we will be ready on time”

Half an hour later Dennis and Sharon walked into the Vic, followed by Dot, Jim, Vicki and Michelle. They were all pleased to see the pub was full. It seemed like everyone in the square was there. Dennis found the registrar and said they were ready when she was.

“Right, let’s get this show on the road shall we? You two stand here in front of me” She started to read the preamble of the service, then she looked at Dennis

“Dennis Rickman, do you take Sharon to be your wife in the eyes of the law. Do you promise to love, protect and care for her and be faithful to her for the rest of your life?”

“I do”

“Sharon Watts, do you take Dennis to be your husband in the eyes of the law. Do you promise to love and care for him and be faithful to him for the rest of your life?”

“I do”

“Who has the rings?”

“I have them here” Jim held out the two rings, the registrar took the smaller one and handed it to Dennis. He held it half way on to Sharon’s finger

“With this ring Sharon I give you not only my heart but my very soul” He pushed the ring onto her finger.

The registrar then took the other ring from Jim and handed it to Sharon. Just as Dennis had done, she held the ring half way onto his finger.

“My love for you is as eternal and never ending as this ring.” She pushed the ring onto his finger.

“I now pronounce that you are husband and wife” Looking at Dennis she added “You may kiss your wife”

Dennis didn’t need to be told twice. He kissed her lovingly; as their lips parted he looked deep into her eyes and whispered

“I love you Mrs. Rickman”

Everyone in the pub was cheering and throwing confetti over them. Dennis turned to them all and thanked everyone for coming.

“We will be leaving for Gatwick as soon as we have changed but we want you all to have a great time.”

The photographer, in the meantime, had been taking photo’s of the whole thing. She had pictures not just of Sharon and Dennis but as many of those in the pub that she could get to keep still long enough. Once they had changed upstairs, the happy couple left for the airport.

“I’ve just thought darling, what are Michelle and Vicki going to do. Have they arranged somewhere to stay?”

“They are staying in the flat for a few days. I gave Vicki my key before we left. I’m just sorry they couldn’t stay long enough for you to see more of them when we get home”

“Darling, it was a wonderful surprise seeing them at all. I really do love you, you know”

“So I should hope, it would be a bit late to change your mind now!”

“Just think in a few hours time we will be back in the Canary Islands.”

“Mmm and I still can’t wait to see you in that underwear I bought!”

“Dennis, you are terrible”

“I know but you still love me don’t you?”

“Very much darling”

di marco
14-05-2005, 12:02
fab! :D was a surprise that vikki and michelle were there! loving the script! :) post more soon please, cant wait

chocolate
14-05-2005, 14:09
Oh my god that was soooo GOOD!!!!! i really liked that please post some more as soon as you can!!!! :bow:

Harmanizing
14-05-2005, 21:23
This part is for di Marco and chocolate

“They were having a wonderful time on their honeymoon, then one day Sharon was lying near the pool soaking up the sun. Dennis had gone to get them both a drink. Suddenly two men came over to Sharon and started to flirt with her.

“Please, go away.”

“Come on darlin’, what are you here for if it’s not to find yourself a fella eh?”

One of the men sat down beside her and tried to kiss her.

“GO AWAY”

Dennis was on his way back from the bar and saw what was going on. He dropped the drinks and ran over to Sharon.

“GO AWAY PLEASE”

“You heard what the lady said; now scarper before I tear you to pieces”

“Who do you think you are then, giving me orders?”

“I’m the lady’s husband, that’s who”

The man took one look at Dennis’ muscles and immediately backed down.

“Oh sorry mate, honest mistake”

The man moved away. Dennis asked Sharon if she was alright but she assured him the man hadn’t touched her.

“I think we had better go up to our room baby” They collected their property and started towards the stairs. “You go up Sharon; I’m just going to the loo. I’ll be up in a minute”

Sharon carried on up to their room, while Dennis went after the man. When he caught up with him, he pushed the man into some bushes where they couldn’t be seen and warned him never to go near his wife again or he would not like the consequences.

As Dennis entered the room Sharon smiled.

“What did you do to him?”

Dennis grinned. Sharon really did know him.

“I just told him to keep away from you in future.”

“I’ll bet that was all you said to him!”

Still grinning, he went over to her and took her into his arms.

“Are you sure you’re okay baby? He didn’t hurt you did he?”

Sharon put her arms around his neck.

“No darling he really didn’t”

They kissed and as Sharon was only wearing a bikini, it didn’t take Dennis long to undress her. They fell onto the bed and as always, made love for quite some time.

Later that same evening they were walking along the beach hand in hand.

“It really is beautiful here isn’t it Dennis?”

“Is it? With you around I never notice anything else”

Sharon giggled

“Now we both know that isn’t true don’t we? You can’t tell me you haven’t noticed the beauty of the place”

“You know baby it is going to be so easy keeping those vows I made to you. How can I not love and care for you? As for being faithful though, that one might be a bit tricky!”

“Don’t you even think of doing anything else Mister Rickman!”

“You don’t have any need to worry on that score Missus Rickman. I wouldn’t dare!”

“That’s very true and don’t you forget it!”

Laughing together they carried on walking the length of the beach, then they turned and walked back to their hotel.

di marco
14-05-2005, 21:33
great! :D go dennis, warning that man off, lol! hes so sweet bless him! :) hope theres more soon, cant wait

Harmanizing
15-05-2005, 10:54
The next day was to be their last in the Canaries and they had already done some of their packing. Like the last time they were there, Sharon had far more luggage than Dennis, so it was decided that they would buy some mementoes and put them in with his suitcase.

“Typical, I end up carrying it” He laughed

“What difference does that make; you’ll be carrying mine anyway. There has to be some reason I brought you with me you know!”

“And there was me thinking it was coz you loved me!”

After this banter they went down to the restaurant for their last meal in the hotel, both wearing their wedding outfits.

“You really do look gorgeous in pink Sharon. It’s so nice to see you in something other than black. Please don’t go back to it; after all you’re not in mourning for Tom any more. Are you?”

“Of course not darling. You know, I was wrong about him being the love of my life and you were right”

“And what exactly does that mean?”

“The real love of my life is very much alive. I know that now.”

“And is it anyone I know by any chance?”

“You know very well who it is! I really do love you so very much Dennis”

At that moment their dinner arrived so Dennis had no chance to answer. They had ordered Chinese, which came in a variety of dishes that the waiters placed in the centre of their table.

“I think I’m going to enjoy this. It looks really good”

“Me too darling, I haven’t had Chinese in ages”

“Perhaps we should make it a regular thing, when we get back to Walford”

“Back to Walford, what a dreary thought. I wish we could stay here forever”

“Well maybe we could make this a regular thing too. Coming here I mean. We could come back every year for our anniversary. How would you feel about that?”

“That’s a lovely idea Dennis. You’re an old romantic on the quiet aren’t you?”

“Only with you, so don’t tell anyone, you’ll ruin my bad boy reputation!”

“I think you have already done that by getting married”

“You know baby this may seem a bit odd but I’m really quite looking forward to seeing Dot again”

“Whatever made you think of her?”

“I don’t know, it was probably talking about me being a bad boy. Do you know what she once said to me? She said I was a thoroughly decent young man and she was proud of me. I can’t tell you how good she made me feel”

“Dot knows a good thing when she sees it”

“I like to think so but it’s you who’s done it Sharon. If I hadn’t met you I would probably have gone back to my old ways. Meeting you was the best thing that’s ever happened to me, apart from marrying you of course”

They finished their meal and went up to their room.

melonb
15-05-2005, 11:21
awwwwwww i love this fic soo much! :heart: :heart: they are sooooo cute! :wub:
more more more please! :cheer: :bow:

di marco
15-05-2005, 11:38
fab! :D dennis is so sweet towards sharon! loving the script! :) post more soon please, cant wait

Tamzi
15-05-2005, 13:59
Awww. Dennis is such a romantic. more
xxx

Stacy
15-05-2005, 16:25
:) Really good, more please!

Angeldelight
15-05-2005, 20:16
sorry for not replying sooner, this is absolutely brill, i love Sharon and Dennis!!

and they're guna have a bebe in the soap!! yey yey!!! they're having a bebe

Harmanizing
16-05-2005, 16:51
Next morning Dennis went downstairs to check out, only to find that Sharon had already paid the bill.

“You didn’t need to do that baby; I had budgeted for the bill here before I spent the money on the wedding”

“So you had this planned for some time then?”

“From the very moment you said ‘yes’ in the Argie Bargie. I was always going to bring you back here baby”

Sharon grinned at the last bit.

“What’s so funny?”

“It just seems strange sometimes, hearing you call me baby when I’m actually older than you. Takes some getting used to”

“Would you prefer I called you ‘older woman’ then?”

“Don’t you dare!”

“I don’t like it either; I think I’ll stick to baby”

“You do that”

After this Dennis carried all the luggage down to the taxi rank outside the hotel

“Well that’s it baby, the end of a beautiful honeymoon”

“We may not be in the Canaries anymore Dennis but that doesn’t mean the honeymoon has to end does it?”

“No, I know. Our honeymoon is going to go on for the rest of our lives”

“Sounds lovely.”

They were next in line for a cab so Dennis put the luggage in the boot and they made their way to the airport”

The first person they saw when they arrived back in the Square was Dot.

“You’re back! Did you have a lovely time? Or is that a stupid Question?”

“Very stupid Dot! It’s good to see you though”

Dennis kissed her on the cheek.

“He really means that too Dot. Only yesterday he told me he couldn’t wait to see you again”

Dot smiled the way she always did when she was embarrassed.

“Oh don’t be silly Sharon; I’m sure I was the last person on his mind”

“Well it’s true Dot I did say that. I also told Sharon some of the things you’ve said to me in the past”

“I think you two had better get your luggage inside. I’m just about to put the kettle on, so if you would like to come over for a cuppa and some biscuits, it’s up to you of course. I’ll quite understand if you’d rather be alone”

“Thanks Dot, we’ll see you in a few minutes”

They took their suitcases up to the flat and then went over for their cuppa.

Sharon gave Dot the present they had bought for her.

“You should see the place Dot, it’s beautiful. I could go back tomorrow and stay there forever. Dennis has promised we will go back for our anniversary though”

“I told you he’d never take you anywhere you wouldn’t like didn’t I?”

“And you were right Dot, as usual. Why would I want to?”

“Dennis, do you remember the last time you sat in my kitchen having tea?”

“Yeah, mad wasn’t I?”

“You have certainly made up for it since though haven’t you?”

“What’s all this? Have you two got some sort of secret code going on here?”

“No baby. It was just after I came back from Spain and I told Dot I was going to be with Zoe. She didn’t approve, she never said as much mind you but I could tell. She knew I was making the wrong choice”

“Dot always knew we were meant to be together, didn’t you Dot?”

“Yes well, it really didn’t need a genius to see that. I could never understand why Den couldn’t see it”

“I don’t think it was that he couldn’t Dot, I think it was that he wouldn’t”

“Sharon’s right Dot he didn’t want anyone to get closer to her than he was”

“You’re probably right there Dennis, I never thought of it like that. Still, everything is okay now isn’t it and that’s what matters”

“Everything is wonderful and we have you to thank for a lot of it, don’t we baby?”

“Yes we do. You know darling you weren’t the only one Dot gave good advice to. Do you remember when I brought your washing over to the B and B, well guess who it was that told me to?”

“My second favourite lady? That was the day you got me to come home”

“That’s right. Things might have worked out very differently if you hadn’t”

They stayed chatting for a while, then decided to go back to the flat.

Angeldelight
16-05-2005, 16:56
Aaahhhhhhhhh this is brill i love them being an open couple!!!!! yey yey yey

di marco
16-05-2005, 17:12
fab! :D shannis forever lol! :) more soon please, cant wait

Stacy
17-05-2005, 12:26
Loving it, more soon!!

Harmanizing
17-05-2005, 18:58
When they went into the living room they found a note from Vicki. Sharon read it out while Dennis unpacked.

My dearest Sharon and Dennis.

Thank you so very much for inviting Mum and me to your wedding. After the way I reacted before, I wouldn’t have blamed you if you hadn’t wanted me there but I’m so glad I was, it was such a lovely day. I never really understood before how much you love each other but I do now and I am so happy for you both, You will always be my brother and sister and I will always love you both but I should never have tried to keep you apart. Be happy both of you… forever!

With all my love to you both,
Vicki. XXX

“That is really lovely. We will have to write to her”

“Mm. You know I’m still going to miss her Dennis”

“You and me both, mind you the top should stay on the toothpaste!”

“Is that all you can think of?”

He came over and put his arms around her.

“Actually Missus Rickman, there is something else on my mind at the moment!”

“I can’t imagine what that might be”

“Come into the bedroom and I’ll show you”

He kissed her over and over again, then took her to their room.

They were still lying in bed some time later. Dennis was looking at Sharon as she lay next to him.

“Our first ever time was in this very room. Now our first time as a married couple in our own home, is still in this room, it’s like it’s fate, like we were being told we should be together and this time you haven’t jumped out of bed as soon as we’ve finished”

“No and I won’t tell you tomorrow that I don’t want you like that either!”

“Thank God for that!”

“Dennis, I know I really hurt you that day and I’m so sorry darling. I didn’t mean it even then, I was just scared of what

might happen and I’m afraid I was a bit of a coward”

“Don’t worry about it now baby, it’s all water under the bridge. Like Dot said, all that matters is now. We’re married
and even Den couldn’t do anything to part us this time”

“He couldn’t do that again even if we weren’t married. You are not going to be able to get rid of me Dennis Rickman, whether you want to or not!”

“Promise?”

“I promise”

“Good, now come here, you gorgeous woman”

“Again? You really don’t ever get knackered do you?”

“I told you I that didn’t I?”

Angeldelight
17-05-2005, 19:27
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yey i'm glad vicki's seen sense, though it took her long enoough
this is brill post more soon

Stacy
17-05-2005, 20:19
Hope more is on the way soon!

di marco
17-05-2005, 20:47
brill! :D yay everyones happy about them! :) more soon please, cant wait

chocolate
17-05-2005, 22:58
AWWW!!! BRILLIANT STUFF AS USUAL!!!! i am so sorry i haven't replied recently wasnt allowed to go on yesterday and forgot to check before that..but caught up again and I LOVED IT!!! :cheer: please do more!!!

Harmanizing
18-05-2005, 14:06
Sharon was sitting reading the paper the next morning while Dennis made the toast and coffee, she put the paper down and looked at him.

“Dennis…..this thing about me not being able to have kids”

“Don’t worry about that Sharon. We’ve got each other, that’s the important thing”

“I can’t help worrying about it Dennis, I’ve been worrying about it for over ten years”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it like that”

“I know. It’s just that I was wondering, I mean do you think it might be possible….”

“If what might be possible?”

“Well I just wondered how you would feel, if we could….”

“Come on baby, finish a sentence. How else am I supposed to know what you’re thinking?”

“I was thinking about adoption”

“Oh”

“You’re not interested, I can tell from your reaction”

“It’s not that Sharon, it’s just that with my criminal record I doubt I would be allowed to adopt a child”

“I never thought of that”

“That’s coz you’ve never had a record. If you had you would know it’s not something you can forget too easily”

“I’m sorry Dennis; I didn’t mean to upset you”

“I’m not upset sweetheart; I’m just telling it like it is, anyway we’ve only been married five minutes, why bring it up now?”

“Because I’d give everything I own to be able to have your baby Dennis. You know that don’t you?”

Dennis smiled

“I know baby but it’s really not the end of the world if we don’t have kids you know”

“I’d still like to make some enquiries though. You never know, maybe we’ll be lucky”

“Okay, we’ll find out where we go to ask. They can’t arrest me for asking can they?”

“I’ll try in the library later. First though, we had better go to the bookies to see how things are over there”

In the bookies, Pat was glad to see that they were back.

“I’m really pleased for you two you know. If you are only half as happy as Roy and I were, you won’t do too badly. I hope everything works out for you and thanks for inviting me to the wedding, it was lovely. It was great to see Michelle again too”

“Thanks Pat. I know we will be happy together because I really love Sharon and I know she feels the same way about me”

“Yes and as for seeing ‘Chelle that was as much a surprise for me as anyone else. You see my lovely husband and my sister had planned it all between them and I didn’t know anything about it”

“So it was a nice wedding day surprise then?”

“Yes it certainly was!”

They went into the office and started sorting out the day’s takings.

Later that evening Sharon was again speaking to Dennis about adoption

“The woman at the library looked it up on the Internet for me Dennis. She said, as far as she could see, as long as your record isn’t for cruelty or sexual offences against a child or children, there is no reason we shouldn’t be able to adopt”

“Sharon that’s great news. I really didn’t think I stood a chance; let’s hope she’s right eh? Mind you I still don’t think we need to go into it quite yet do we? I mean, let’s have some time to ourselves first. Please! Like I said this morning I’ve only had you for five minutes. Do you remember when we first got back together, how you didn’t want to tell anyone? You said you had only just got me back. Well that’s how I feel now; I just want you to myself for a while”

“I know darling, I feel the same way. I’m just trying to find out if it would be feasible in a few years time maybe”

“A few years of having you all to myself sounds great to me baby, I’ll go along with that. Now what are we going to do for dinner tonight, in or out?”

“In, definitely”

“Okay in it is then but don’t blame me if we don’t actually end up watching the tele!”

“What can you mean? I’m a married woman you know!”

“Exactly!”

Stacy
18-05-2005, 14:20
This is great stuff, hope things work out for them!!

Angeldelight
18-05-2005, 17:16
WOW.... as you know is think this is brill.... keep it coming

they're so sweet.... i love the idea of adoption.... yey yey.... a little bebe

di marco
19-05-2005, 06:25
fab! :D the adoption ideas good! :) more very very soon please, cant wait

Harmanizing
19-05-2005, 18:22
Glad you're enjoying it. Part 13 coming up.

After the dinner Sharon had cooked, they were sitting on the sofa in the living room; Sharon was lying across Dennis’ lap with his arms around her.

“Dennis, I saw Zoe this afternoon”

“And?”

“Well, how do you feel about seeing her? I mean, you must have spoken to her since you came back. How are things between you?”

“Sharon darling there are no ‘things between us’ you know that”

“I didn’t mean anything like that; I just wondered whether you are even on speaking terms. It would make it simpler for me if I knew how things are, that’s all”

“I try to ignore her as much as I can. After what she did to us, I couldn’t ever forgive her. If she’d had her way we wouldn’t be lying here now. As for sleeping with Den and pretending she was having my baby, it just doesn’t bear thinking about does it?”

“I’ve been wondering about that. I can’t help thinking…. why Dad? Surely she could have found someone her own age”

“Think about it Sharon. Den had convinced her having a baby was the only chance she had of keeping me and if it was his, it meant there was a chance the baby might look like me. As for Den it was just simply a case of revenge”

“You know on Christmas Eve, Dad was talking about us all having kids sometime in the future and when I ran out he followed me? I told him then that I couldn’t have children. Then the very next day he used it against me. I knew Dad could be pretty devious but I would never have thought he’d do something like that to me”

“Don’t think about it any more sweetheart. It’s all done and dusted now”

“I can’t not think of it Dennis, I really need to know what happened. How did you find out she had been lying?”

“Good old Dot again! She told me after I came back. She said that she had found Zoe sitting in the pub looking upset, she didn’t know it of course but it must have been just after I’d found Zoe in bed with Den. When she spoke to her, Zoe said she would do anything to keep me; she just wanted me to stay because she loved me. Dot told her it’s not love if you have to hold on to someone so hard, she said if you do hold on to something that hard all you end up doing is strangling it. I think Zoe realised then, that if she kept holding on to me, I’d only end up hating her. That’s when she came over here and told me the truth. Mind you, Den was still trying to talk her out of it”

“It must have been awful for you”

“Yes it was, especially as I didn’t think I’d ever see you again. Mind you I got my revenge when I got to the tube station. Just as I arrived Chrissie came down the steps. She asked me what was wrong, if anything had happened. So I told her about finding them together in her bed. Perhaps it was a bit harsh but I was so upset I wasn’t thinking straight. I didn’t know then that Zoe really was pregnant. She didn’t realise herself until later apparently.”

“So where did you go?”

“I don’t really know, I just sort of wandered around for days on end. Sharon, I don’t really want to talk about this now do you mind if we drop it for a while?”

“Of course not darling. I’ll go and put the kettle on shall I?”

“Well I could think of something better you could be doing!”

She sat up and putting her arm around his neck, she pulled him down ‘til their lips met.

“We haven’t made love on this sofa have we darling?”

“Not yet we haven’t”

Having put that matter right, Dennis was laying with Sharon in his arms.

“I did warn you we probably wouldn’t end up watching tele, didn’t I?”

“I never was too much of a tele fan darling but you; on the other hand, I’m a huge fan of!”

“I’m very glad to hear it too. Shall I get a drink or would you just like to lay here?”

“I’d love to lay here with a drink”

“Okay, I’ll get one. Wine is it or would you prefer something a bit stronger?”

“No, wine would be lovely, thanks”

He poured the wine for Sharon and vodka for himself. Then he put some romantic music on the C.D. player and went back to the sofa.

“This is much better than watching tele isn’t it. I wouldn’t mind spending every evening doing this”

“Doing what Dennis. Making love on the sofa, or drinking on it?”

“What do you think I mean?”

“Well, I know what I hope you mean!”

Dennis laughed.

“Shut up and drink your wine woman!”

The next day Sharon was having a cup of tea and a cake in the café, when Johnny Allen came in. She called him over to her table.

“We have never really been properly introduced have we? I’m Sharon Rickman, Sharon Watts that was. I’m the one you bought the club from”

“Well it’s very nice to meet you Mrs. Rickman.

“Sharon please. Tell me how are things going at the club? I saw the changes you’ve made, my husband took me in there just after I came back home. I must say it was quite a surprise”

“Everything is fine thanks but what about you? I’m sure you are not going to want to just hang around the square are you? Once a business person always a business person, I’ve found”

“Yes, you’re right. At the moment I am helping Dennis, that’s my husband, to run the bookies. Not that he couldn’t run it on his own of course; he was doing fine before I came back. I would like to get back into a business of my own though. Tell me, just as a matter of interest, why Scarlet?”

“Why Angie’s Den?”

“I named the club after my parents, Angie and Den”

“Clever. So your Dad has the same name as your husband. That’s a bit of a coincidence”

“Not really. You see I was adopted but Dennis is Dad’s natural son, although we never met until a few years ago”

“Sounds complicated. Tell me, what kind of project would you like to go into?”

“That’s easy. I’d like to buy the club back!”

Johnny Grinned

“Well Sharon, if I ever decide to sell, you will get first refusal. I can’t say fairer than that can I?”

It was Sharon’s turn to smile

“Thanks but I won’t hold my breath!”

Over dinner in the flat Sharon told Dennis about the conversation with Johnny.

“You told him you would like to buy the club? I thought you were joking when you told me that. I mean, you’ve seen it Sharon, you can guess how much it’s worth. I hate to say this baby but don’t forget the bank wouldn’t give you a loan before when you needed one. How do you think you’d be able to afford it now?”

“Well it’s not likely to happen is it Dennis?”

“Sharon you know I’ll support you in anything you decide to do. I just don’t want you to get hurt that’s all”

“I know darling”

“So, what are we going to do this evening? How about a film or something?”

“A weepy at the multi-plex you mean?”

Dennis smiled.

“You never miss a trick do you?”

“Actually I quite fancy a quiet drink in the Vic, how would you feel about that?”

“Fine by me, I’ll go and get changed first though; I don’t want to go out in my work clothes”

“I thought while we were there we could, perhaps, write a letter to Vicki from both of us”

“Good idea, we said we would have to write to her didn’t we?”

“You know Dennis; I’d love to go to see her. Do you think we might manage it?”

“I don’t see why not. I’ve never been to the States, although I’ve always wanted to”

“You would love it darling, I know I do”

“Why not get some brochures tomorrow from the travel agents. Then we could make a real trip of it and do some touring. Perhaps we could even take Vicki with us”

“Oh darling, that’s a fantastic idea. I can’t wait to write to her, we really have something to write about now don’t we?”

chocolate
19-05-2005, 19:08
EXCELLENT !!!:cheer: :cheer: please moreee sooonnn!!!!!

melonb
19-05-2005, 19:09
this is really really really good!! :cheer: :thumbsup: :bow:
so cute :wub:

di marco
20-05-2005, 06:25
fab! :D awwwwww theyre so sweet together! :) more soon please, cant wait

Stacy
20-05-2005, 12:43
Great stuff....more please and soon!!

Harmanizing
20-05-2005, 15:26
An hour later they were sitting in the Vic composing their letter, when Dot came in.

“Hello you two, you both look very serious”

“Not really Dot, we are writing a letter to Vicki, we are hoping to go to see her”

“That’s nice Sharon. Be sure to give her my love won’t you”

“Can I get you a drink Dot?”

“Thank you Dennis, I’ll have a small glass of Sherry please”

“Coming up. What about you baby, do you want another?”

“Yes please darling”
went to the bar where Tracy was waiting to serve him.

“How are you two getting on Sharon? You certainly seem to be very happy”

“Dot, I have never been happier in my entire life. I thought I loved Grant when I married him but what I felt for him was nothing compared to how I feel about Dennis. He really is my soul mate and I know we were meant to be together”

“There you are Dot, one small Sherry”

“Sharon was just telling me how happy you two are together. You know how pleased I am for you don’t you Dennis?”

“Yes Dot, I do know thanks…….. Sharon I’ve been thinking, there’s only one thing that could make life any better than it is now. Do you think there might be any chance of us bringing Vicki home?”

“Come back with us you mean? Oh Dennis, that really would make life perfect!”

“Mind you, we might have a problem with the toothpaste”

They both laughed at the ‘in’ joke, leaving Dot completely puzzled.

Walking home later, Dennis put his arm around his wife’s shoulders.

“You know sweetheart there would be one downside to having Vicki back home”

“What’s that darling? I can’t think of anything”

“Well, it would mean the only thing we could do on the sofa is drink!”

“In that case we had better use it for other things, as often as possible, while we have the chance”

“I was hoping you’d say that!”

As soon as they entered the flat Dennis held her against the wall next to the door. He kissed her so hard it seemed almost as though he wanted to eat her.

“Sharon, I want you so much. I just want to keep making love to you day and night”

“Sounds like a lovely idea to me, what’s stopping you?”

“Absolutely nothing”

“So come on then” She took his hand and led him to the bedroom.

As they lay wrapped in each other’s arms Sharon repeated her conversation with Dot

“I told her you are my soul mate and we were meant to be together. That’s just the way I feel about you darling, like it was our destiny”

“I know baby, I feel exactly the same way. I couldn’t imagine ever feeling this way about anyone else”

“I can’t wait to get to the travel agent’s tomorrow. Dennis it really was a wonderful idea of yours, I can’t tell you what it means to me”

“It means quite a lot to me too, I love Vicki as much as you do and I really miss the little trouble maker!”

“It would be great if we could all get back to how we were before Dad came back”

“Not quite how we were eh?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well we weren’t married then were we?”

“Dennis, when you took her to the hospital that day. It must have been really awful for you both; I feel so guilty about trying to make her keep the baby. Do you think she ever really forgave me?”

“Of course she did sweetheart, she knew you only did it because you love her”

“But did I Dennis, or was I just trying to get the baby I knew I couldn’t have? When I offered her that cheque she accused me of paying her to do nine months work so that at the end of it I would have bought the baby. At the time it seemed a terrible thing for her to say but looking back now, I can’t help wondering if she might have been right”

“Don’t worry about that now baby, Vicki has put it all behind her and you should too, you can’t let it keep eating away at you. Maybe, when we come back from the States, we could start looking into that adoption, would that make you feel better?”

“Oh Dennis! I don’t think I could possibly feel better than I do right now, with you. I would like to try for a baby though”

“How would you feel about trying the natural way, right now?”

“Yes please darling!”

Stacy
20-05-2005, 16:11
This is really good. Post more soon!

Angeldelight
20-05-2005, 16:30
ohhhhhh wow.... I really love this script you have to make it go on and on forever.... don't ever stop writing.... sorry becoming a little obsessed.... hehe

EastendersRox
20-05-2005, 17:55
Sorry, just caught up, great!

Harmanizing
20-05-2005, 19:43
Thanks for all your lovely comments and Angeldelight dont worry, there's quite a bit to go yet!

di marco
21-05-2005, 08:00
fab! :D im completely hooked, loving the script! :) post more very soon please, cant wait

Harmanizing
21-05-2005, 16:13
Dennis was lying looking at Sharon the next morning waiting for her to wake up. When she did he leaned over and kissed her as he always did.

“Morning gorgeous”

“Morning darling. Dennis what’s the matter, you look worried”

“Sharon I don’t want to upset you, you know that don’t you?”

“Darling what is it? You are getting me worried now”

“It’s about last night….”

“Was something wrong, didn’t you enjoy it?”

“Of course I did baby. No, it’s nothing like that. When we are together it’s always perfect, better than anything I’ve ever known”

“So what is it Dennis, you are beginning to frighten me”

“It’s just…….It’s something I said. I didn’t mean anything by it but it’s got me thinking”

“Something you said? What did you say that was so terrible?”

“No, I’m sorry Sharon I shouldn’t have said anything about it”

“Darling you can’t get me this worried then just say nothing. Please Dennis what is it?”

“Sweetheart I really didn’t mean to upset you, I’m sorry. It’s just what I said about trying the natural way. I mean…. are you absolutely sure there is no possible way we could have a child of our own. I’ve been thinking about it all night, the doctors can do so much these days with I.V.F. and that sort of thing. I don’t understand it all Sharon but is there no hope for us?”

“Darling I didn’t think it bothered you this much”

“I didn’t either until you started talking about adopting. I don’t think it had really hit me before just what it might mean to us”

“I’m sorry Dennis but I have already tried I.V.F. and it didn’t work. The only chance we have is either adoption or….”

“Or what Sharon? I mean if there is a chance surely we should try anything”

“Well the only other way is surrogacy. That way it would at least be your baby even if it wasn’t biologically mine”

“Baby do you really mean you would consider that, you’d be willing to try surrogacy?”

“Phil asked me to try it once and I refused. I know now that I just didn’t love him enough. I do love you though Dennis and the idea of holding a tiny baby in my arms, knowing it was your flesh and blood, I can’t think of anything more wonderful. I’ve told you before that I’d give everything I own to have your baby haven’t I darling? Well now I know what to do with the money I got from the club. Just don’t build your hopes up too high though. You know it’s a long shot don’t you”

“You don’t need to tell me about long shots baby, I’m a bookie remember?”

He leaned over and kissed her very gently and very lovingly.

“You stay here and I’ll go make you a cup of tea. Back in a few minutes”

With that Dennis got up and went to the kitchen to put the kettle on.

Over breakfast later Dennis felt he had to ask Sharon something.

“Baby I didn’t upset you this morning did I? I mean I don’t want you to get the idea that having a baby is the be all and end all of our marriage. You do know how much I’ve always loved you don’t you?”

“Yes Dennis I do know and no, you didn’t upset me. In fact I’m glad you said what you did, because now I know that you would like a baby too and it’s not just me”

“Surely I hadn’t made you think that had I? How could I love you as much as I do and not want a baby with you? I told you last year that I would love to have a family with you, didn’t I? Nothing has changed where that is concerned any more than any of my other feelings have changed”

“Thank you darling, I feel so much better about it all now. Let’s look into it when we get back from America shall we? Wouldn’t it be something if we did come back with Vicki and then we found out we could have a child after all?”

“Sweetheart that would really be the icing on the cake”

“Let’s not get too hopeful, just in case”

Angeldelight
21-05-2005, 16:22
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... this is really good... more more more

di marco
21-05-2005, 16:30
absolutely marvellous! :D awwwwwww theyre going to see about having a baby! :) post more very soon please, cant wait

Stacy
21-05-2005, 19:29
This is great, post more soon please!!

Rain_
22-05-2005, 09:39
wonder if they ask michelle to be the surrogate while their in america.....can't wait for the next part

Harmanizing
22-05-2005, 11:16
Sharon was in the travel agents asking about tours in America. She explained that although there would only be two people flying out, she was hoping there might be three doing the tour.

“You see my sister lives in Florida and we are hoping she will be able to come with us. In fact we are really hoping we might be able to convince her to come home with us”

“I imagine that would be really wonderful for you. You must have some special kind of husband if he feels the same way about your sister.”

“Yes, he loves her as much as I do, as a sister that is.”

“In that case, I wish you luck”

“Thank you. You have no idea what it would mean to us”

Once they had received an answer from Vicki saying that she would love to join them on the tour, Sharon went back to the travel agents and booked the holiday.

“It’s all finalised now Dennis. We are to go to Michelle’s first to pick up Vicki, and then we are off. Florida first of course, then on to New Orleans, Las Vegas and Los Angeles”

“Sounds really great. I can hardly wait. I’ve always wanted to go to the States but I never thought I’d make it”

“I haven’t said anything about Vicki coming home; I thought it might be better to brooch the subject when we are with her rather than over the ‘phone”

“Good idea. Who knows, once she’s spent some time with us she might even suggest it herself”

The day of the holiday arrived and Dennis and Sharon were at Gatwick again. This time they were waiting for the flight to America to show on the board.

“I hate this about flying, having to get to the airport so long before the flight time”

“Never mind darling, we’ve still got a while to wait so let’s go and have a drink.”

“I knew there had to be a reason I’m so fond of you, you do come up with some great ideas at times!”

They walked across to the refreshments area where Dennis ordered a vodka and a white wine. As they sat drinking and talking, they kept an eye on the flight board.

“Ah, there’s our flight number at last. Come on baby let’s get on board”

The flight went well and at last they landed in Miami. When they walked out of the luggage collection area they saw Vicki and Michelle waiting for them with Michelle’s husband and her young son Mark.

“Hello darling. It’s so good to see you again. You too ‘Chelle. Tim it’s been a while since I saw you last. This is Dennis, my husband. Dennis, this is Tim and this is Mark”

“Hello all of you. It’s good to meet you Tim, I’ve heard a lot about you from Vicki”

“All good I hope”

Dennis glanced at his sister and saw her blush as she remembered their only conversation about her step father.

“Come on all of you, let’s get these two home. I’m sure they could do with a bath and a change of clothes”

“Well said ‘Chelle, I feel like I’ve had this dress on for months!”

Dennis put his arm around Vicki and they walked towards the car.

“How are things Vicks? I mean I know you came back to be with Sharon, so how are you doing now she’s back home?”

“I miss you both so much Dennis, you have no idea how bored I’ve been the last few months. The best time was when I came back for your wedding. I had a great time; I just wish it could have lasted longer”

With that they arrived in the car park and got into a people carrier, where Dennis sat in the back seat with Sharon.

“I don’t think we are going to have too much trouble talking Vicki into coming home with us. She has just been telling me that she’s not at all happy living here”

“Why? Is she in some kind of trouble Dennis?”

“No. She told me once that she didn’t get on too well with Tim and it seems things haven’t improved much”

“I can’t believe it’s been going on so long and I didn’t know anything about it. They always seemed to be okay to me”

“Well let’s just keep quiet until we can talk to her alone. We don’t want to cause her any problems do we?”

“Of course not Dennis. Let’s talk to her in ‘Vegas shall we? It’s supposed to be one of the most exciting places on Earth, so it might just help us talk her into it”

melonb
22-05-2005, 11:27
yay this is great!! :cheer:

di marco
22-05-2005, 11:59
brill! :D it would be nice if vikki decided to go back with them! :) more soon please, cant wait

Stacy
22-05-2005, 20:20
This is great as usual, post more soon

Harmanizing
23-05-2005, 14:19
For melonb, di marco & Stacy thanks.

The following day the three of them left for Disneyworld and Sea World, where they all had a fantastic time. A few days later they arrived in New Orleans. They spent most of the time just walking around taking in the sights during the day and dancing the night away each evening. Then it was on to Las Vegas where they were booked into the Mirage hotel with its dolphins and white tigers. One evening they were walking along the ‘Strip’ amazed at some of the hotels, both their beauty and the sheer size of some of them.

“You know, this is the best time I have ever had. I have even got used to you two being together. The idea of this holiday coming to an end is something I can’t bear to think about”

Dennis thought this might be just the time to tell Vicki what he and Sharon had in mind and decided to take advantage of her mood.

“It doesn’t have to end you know Vicks”

“What do you mean; it can’t go on forever can it?”

“Not exactly but we could all still be together. Vicki…….. Sharon and I would love to have you come home with us”

She threw her arms around his neck hugging him with all her strength.

“Dennis do you really mean that? You can’t imagine how much I have longed to come back but I didn’t think you’d want me there now”

“You silly goat” Sharon laughed “We have missed you so much darling and we both want you home with us”

“When?... Oh Dennis I can’t wait!”

“What’s wrong with the end of the holiday? We were both hoping you’d come back with us when we leave”

“That’s marvellous Dennis. You’ve made my holiday for me by telling me that”

“Well it’s settled then, you come back home with us”

Sharon was relieved; she’d been a bundle of nerves thinking the answer might be no.

In their hotel room that evening Dennis and Sharon were discussing Vicki’s decision.

“I knew you’d be pleased”

“Pleased doesn’t begin to describe it Dennis. It will be marvellous to get back to how we were before Dad spoiled everything. Mind you, the next thing we will have to tell her is about trying for a baby, she knows I can’t have one, I told her after she had the abortion”

“I guessed she knew from something she said to Den on Christmas Eve. She did say she had got used to us being together though, so let’s hope she’s alright with it”

“Maybe we should tell her before we go home, just in case”

“Okay, we can tell her over dinner tonight. That will give her plenty of time to get used to the idea before she has to finally decide what she wants to do”

“Sharon that’s marvellous but how. I mean are you talking about adoption or what?”

“No darling, we are talking about surrogacy. It might be the only possible way we can have a child”

“But surely that way it wouldn’t be your baby would it Sharon. Are you okay with that idea?”

“Well obviously I’d prefer to be able to give Dennis a child myself but this way it would mean I could at least bring up his baby. Anyway, we haven’t actually made any enquiries yet, we wanted to enjoy this holiday first”

“Not to mention getting you home Vicks. You’ve no idea how pleased we both are that you agreed to come but we thought we should give you the chance to change your mind if you wanted to”

“You are not getting out of it that easily Dennis, it’s too late now, I’m coming like it or not!”

“Great. Now let’s order dinner shall we and how about some champagne to celebrate?”

“I think you are forgetting that we are in America Dennis, legally I’m not allowed anything other than soft drinks”

“Oh well never mind, I’ll just order something for me and Sharon. Perhaps we can have a celebratory drink in our room later on”

Later that evening Sharon rang room service and ordered the champagne. She could only ask for two glasses though, so Dennis had his in the tooth brush glass from the bathroom. After they had finished the bottle between them they decided it was time for bed as they were off to Los Angeles next morning.

The rest of the holiday flew past and soon it was time to leave for home. Back at Miami airport, Vicki gave Mark a hug, kissed her step father on the cheek and then turned to hug Michelle.

“Bye Mum, I’ll give you a ring as soon as we land”

“Bye sweetheart. I know you are happier in England and I’m sure Dennis and Sharon will take care of you. Be good darling and don’t forget to write, often!”

“I will Mum I promise, I’ll write at least once a week and ‘phone as often as I can”

“You’d better” Michelle smiled “And don’t forget to give gran my love”

“Mine too” Mark piped up.

“Okay, I’ll remember everything, don’t worry”

Michelle turned to Sharon and gave her a big hug.

“Bye Sharon, please don’t leave it too long before you come back will you?”

“Bye ‘Chelle. We’ll try not to and we’ll keep you up to date with everything that’s happening, I promise”

Michelle then turned to Dennis.

“As for you mister, you just make sure you care of my two favourite girls. I love them both very much you know”

“I know how you feel, I love them too remember and I will take care of them; you needn’t ever worry about that!”

Stacy
23-05-2005, 14:37
Brilliant stuff, hope the surrogacy thing works out! Really pleased Vicki's come back with them

melonb
23-05-2005, 20:53
awwwwwwwwwwwwww wow thats soooooooooo cute!! :wub: :wub:
i reli :love: it!!

di marco
24-05-2005, 08:47
fab! :D cool that vikkis going home with them! :) more very soon please, cant wait

chocolate
24-05-2005, 14:26
i absoultely love this :wub: !! im suppose to be revising but i wanted to catch up !! please post more soon!!! :cheer:

Harmanizing
24-05-2005, 19:22
With that the three of them went through to the boarding area. The first stop on the way home was Boston and then it was the long flight to Gatwick. The journey seemed to take forever but eventually they landed in London. Even though they had extremely enjoyed the trip, they were all glad to be home. Vicki especially was over the moon to be back in her native country, with the brother and sister who both meant so much to her. They were sitting on the tube train heading towards Walford when the sheer joy of being home overcame her.

“I can’t believe I’m back here at last, I didn’t think I’d ever be here again. I promise I’ll never leave again no matter what happens. I love you both so much and I just want to stay here with you for good”

“Well I’m very glad to hear it Vicks, coz that’s the way we feel too”

“Yes darling, we have been looking forward to having you home for ages. It’s great to have you here at last”

“You know Sharon it’s going to be a bit difficult for me from now on” Vicki grinned.

“Why? What do you mean?”

“Well every time you say ‘darling’ I’m not going to know whether you mean me or Dennis!”

Once they were back in the flat Sharon put the kettle on for a good old English cup of hot tea. Dennis had run across to the Minutemart for a pint of milk and Vicki was busy getting out the cups and putting some biscuits on the table.

“This is great, it’s like I’ve never really been away”

“You know darling Dennis and I both love you very much and we missed you terribly. The place seemed to be almost empty without you here”

“Mind you the top stayed on the toothpaste!”

They both turned to see Dennis, milk in hand, laughing at his own joke.

“Dennis, honestly!”

“Sorry Vicks I couldn’t resist it”

“Nothing is going to change things this time is it Dennis, I mean…….what if Dad comes back?”

“Don’t worry sis, this time we are all together for good and there’s nothing he can do about it. We are not going to let him spoil things for us again; from now on it’s always going to be the three of us”

“Well until there are four of us anyway!”

“Yes, let’s hope that’s not too long eh?”

Dennis and Vicki both looked at Sharon and smiled.

“You really are okay with our plans aren’t you darling, you know how much it means to us don’t you?”

“Yes Sharon, I’m fine with it. I have to admit it took a while to get used to the idea of you two as a couple but I really am okay with it now and I’m looking forward to being an auntie!”

“Not just an auntie darling, a godmother too I hope”

“SHARON! Do you really mean it? You want me to be a godmother! That’s wonderful; I can’t tell you what it means to me”

“Don’t get too excited Vicks, after all there’s no-one to be godmother to yet!”

“I know Dennis but just thinking about it makes it all seem real somehow”

As they were all feeling the effects of jet lag, they decided to have an early night, but as soon as they were alone in their bedroom, Dennis took Sharon in his arms.

“Sharon baby, it feels like months since we made love”

“Dennis, it must be all of two days!”

“Two days too long”

He pulled her to him, kissing her first on the forehead and then on the lips. His hand slipped to the zip on her dress.

“I thought you were tired Dennis”

“I love you so much Sharon”

He fell onto the bed pulling her down with him.

Stacy
24-05-2005, 21:07
aw bless! loving this story, post more soon!

di marco
25-05-2005, 12:21
fab! :D loving the script, really enjoy reading it! :) post more very soon please, cant wait

Harmanizing
25-05-2005, 14:20
It was quite late the next morning before Dennis woke up. As always he lay for a while just looking at Sharon as she slept. When she finally started to rouse he kissed her completely awake.

“Morning gorgeous”

“Morning darling”

“I was just thinking about making some tea. I’m not sure if Vicki is awake, I’ve been lying here listening for a few minutes but I haven’t heard anything. I wasn’t sure whether to wake her or not, what do you think?”

“Let her sleep darling, she’s probably still tired after all the travelling yesterday”

“Okay, it’s tea for two then is it?”

“Yes please but don’t bring it in here, I’ll get up”

“What for? There’s no need, why don’t you have a rest too”

“It’s alright darling; I had a lovely sleep thanks to you making me feel so relaxed last night”

“Is that what I did? I’ve never heard it called that before!”

“Shut up Dennis!”

Laughing, Dennis got out of bed and put on his dressing gown before going out to the kitchen. Sharon joined him a few minutes later.

“It feels really good knowing she’s in her room again doesn’t it Dennis”

“Yes baby it does. I’ve got my whole family back again”

“What about Dad Dennis, don’t you consider him to be a part of your family any more?”

Dennis looked at her with a serious expression and said quietly

“No Sharon, I don’t”

“I wonder if he will come back this time. If he did go off with a younger woman I don’t think Chrissie would take him back again, do you”

“Sharon baby I’m sorry but I really couldn’t care less. Do you know the last words I said to him? I told him I hate him and I’m sorry sweetheart but I’m afraid that’s still true”

“I can’t say I blame you after what he did to you. I can’t bring myself to feel quite that badly about him though. I mean, I don’t care if I never see him again and I certainly could never feel close to him again but I still can’t find it in me to hate him”

“Why are we talking about him anyway baby? We should be thinking about our future not our past”

“Yes Sharon, why are you talking about Dad?”

“Hello darling, how are you this morning? We didn’t wake you up did we?”

“No it’s alright but I don’t understand Sharon, after everything he’s done to us all, why are you still talking about him. I made the biggest mistake of my life when I went to Spain and brought him back here”

“Not the most popular father that ever existed is he?”

“I know Dennis but I still can’t hate him like you two both seem to”

“Let’s change the subject shall we? I really don’t want to spend our first day back together talking about him, now what are we going to do about breakfast? ”

“How about going over to the café? I don’t know about you two but I could do with a good old fry-up”

“Okay sis, a full English it is then”

Some time later they were sitting over breakfast in the café, talking about how things might work out now they were all back together again.

“When are you two going to make enquiries about the surrogacy then?”

“We haven’t really decided yet have we Dennis? We don’t even know where to go yet, the place I went before has closed down since, so we really have no idea until I’ve been to the library to look it up on the internet.”

“I can help you do that, when you are both ready of course”

“Great. I usually have to ask the woman in there to do it for me”

“Let’s all go down there this afternoon shall we”

“Good idea Dennis, if Vicki can help it will make it all a lot easier”

“Right, that’s decided then. Now what are we going to do for the rest of the morning?”

“I thought I’d go to see some of my mates, after all I haven’t seen some of them since before Christmas have I? First one is Spencer, I didn’t see him when I came back for your wedding and I’d love to have a chat and catch up”

“Sorry sis but Spencer isn’t here any more. He left shortly after his and Alfie’s cousins arrived. I think they got him into some trouble, so Alfie sent him away to live with someone in the family. You could always go to see Zoe of course”

“No thanks very much. I don’t know what I might say to her. What about the Fereiras, I haven’t seen them for ages either”

“’Fraid it’s just not your lucky day sis. They have gone too”

“You’re kidding! Is anyone still here?”

“Well, there is always your Gran of course”

“Great!”

Vicki paid the dreaded visit to her Gran. She was put under the third degree about why she had left but she somehow managed to escape without giving away anything she didn’t want Pauline to know. Then she rejoined Dennis and Sharon for their trip to the library.

melonb
25-05-2005, 16:39
awwwwwww i love this story soo much!! :wub:
its so cute!! i want more soon tho please!! :clap:

Angeldelight
25-05-2005, 17:01
OH WOW... i've just caught up with this... comp being on the blink... bloody thing... i really really love this story it's just so great... i'm so glad Vicki decided to come back with them... it makes them a unit again... ahhhh i can't believe they're guna have a baby... but Pleaseeeeee can't they look into IVF too??? pleaseeeeeee... if not i really hope the suggorcy works out fro them... they deserve it...

Post more soon... more more more... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

di marco
26-05-2005, 08:12
fab! :D yay that they are looking into the surrogacy thing! :) more very soon please, cant wait

Stacy
26-05-2005, 12:18
I love this story, post more very soon please

Harmanizing
26-05-2005, 18:34
Before I post the next part I would like to say that although I have never been involved with IVF and indeed, don't know anyone who has, I have done some research on the internet. I know I have simplified the process but I didn't want to go into too much detail. I don't mean to upset anyone but should there be anyone reading this who has been through it, I would like to appologise in advance and assure you that I did not mean to offend anyone with my simplification.

It took her a while to find the right web page but when she did find one, it told them all they needed to know.

“It says here that there are two different types of surrogacy. One is called ‘Straight’ and is when the egg of the surrogate mother and the sperm of the natural father are used. It also says that this can be done at home. It doesn’t say whether it would be your home or the surrogate’s though. The other type is called ‘Host’ and is when the eggs of the natural mother and the sperm of the natural father are implanted into the surrogate. This method must be done in an I.V.F. clinic”

“I wish we could use the second method but I don’t suppose we’d be able to. I couldn’t conceive last time I tried, so I probably wouldn’t be able to again”

“It’s got to be worth making enquiries though baby. I mean, we can use the other way if we need to but let’s give the ‘Host’ method a try if we can”

“Of course darling, it’s only that I don’t want to build all our hopes up too much just in case”

“It also says here that it is all made easier if the surrogate is a relative”

“Well that’s out Vicki, I haven’t got any relatives have I? Other than you two of course but neither of you is related to me by blood are you?”

“No but…..”

“There isn’t any but darling, I don’t have any relatives and that’s all there is to it”

“Okay. The nearest clinic mentioned on this web page is at Homerton Hospital. So I suppose the next step is to give them a ring”

“Right, we can do that from home though. Do they give a ‘phone number Vicks?”

“Yes, I’ll write down the ‘phone number and the address, then we can go back to the flat and sort it all out”

“This is very good of you darling. It seems to make you a part of it all somehow”

“Yes, and to think we were worried about how you might react to the idea of us having a baby. It’s great having you involved Vicks, makes it more a ‘family’ thing”

Back in the flat, Dennis made them tea whilst Sharon ‘phoned Homerton Hospital and made an appointment for the next day.

“Well that’s it. We are to see a Doctor Audley at three thirty tomorrow”

“I must say it’s not exactly the way I ever envisaged becoming a father but if it works it will be fantastic”

“I know Dennis; you would make a great dad too. You can’t imagine how much I regret doing what I did, or rather what I didn’t do”

“What do you mean Sharon, what didn’t you do?”

“Vicki darling, you know when you were pregnant; how I fought to make you keep the baby? I wasn’t just being selfish wanting a baby I couldn’t have. It was because I was scared; I didn’t want you to suffer the way I have. You see I had an abortion too about ten years ago”

“You never told me that Sharon. What happened, why didn’t you want to keep it?”

“That’s a long story, I’ll tell you some other time but the point is afterwards they gave me some anti-biotics but I didn’t take them all; the result of my stupidity is that I was left infertile. That’s the reason for all this trouble now”

“I’m sorry Sharon, I had no idea. When I think of some of the things I said to you too……”

“Don’t worry about it darling, everything is going to be okay, I’m sure of it”

Next day Vicki had been asked to wait outside while Dennis and Sharon were sitting in an office at Homerton Hospital. Dennis had taken Sharon’s hand in his and was sitting holding it tight as they were listening to Dr. Audley explain the different methods of insemination available

“I understand Mrs. Rickman that you have tried I.V.F previously without success. May I ask why you have decided to try again?”

“Yes of course. The man I was with at the time has since died. I have been lucky enough to find love again, with Dennis, my husband, and I would love to be able to give him a baby. You see neither of us had a very good childhood and we would both love to have a family. It means the world to us”

“I see. You say you would like to give your husband a child, does this mean that is the only reason you want to try again?”

“Oh no! I’m sorry if I gave that impression, it’s not what I meant. I want a baby myself more than anything in the world; the fact that it would be Dennis’ baby would just make it perfect. I can’t think of anything more wonderful than that”

Dennis smiled at her as she said this and he squeezed her hand again.

“Well Mrs. Rickman, I don’t know how much you know about all this but we now have a method that might not have been tried the last time. It’s called Zonal Drilling or ZD for short. In this method an acid is released to dissolve the gelatinous coating of the egg leaving a hole through which the sperm can enter”

“Acid! Is it safe? I don’t want Sharon put in any danger”

“Yes Mr. Rickman it’s completely safe. The only thing that could go wrong is that your wife still didn’t conceive. Should that prove to be the case we could try Partial Zonal Dissection or PZD. This is a variation on straightforward I.V.F. in which a small hole is made in the outer membrane of the egg using a small glass needle; this eases the passage of the sperm to the egg using its own motion”

“Do you think that might work for us doctor?”

“It’s a method that is used for women who can’t conceive normally and as your wife falls into this group, I can’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work”

Sharon frowned.

“What if it didn’t though?”

“I can understand your doubts Mrs. Rickman but don’t worry, should all else fail we would revert to the normal method of I.V.F. where your husband’s sperm was inseminated into a surrogate. Whichever method we use I’m confident that you and Mr. Rickman will become parents before too long”

“So how long would we need to wait before things got started?”

“We could begin with the ZD method next week, after that it’s a case of waiting to see what happens”

“That’s great doctor. Do we need to make an appointment?”

“Yes, I’ll give the receptionist all the details through the computer and she will be able to work out a suitable time for you”

“Thank you doctor”

“Goodbye to you both, I’ll see you again next week”

They both thanked her again and left the office. Vicki was eagerly awaiting the results of the interview. Dennis explained what had been said while Sharon went to see the receptionist.

“So it looks like I really am going to be an auntie then. I’m so pleased for you Dennis, you and Sharon both deserve it so much”

“Yeah, I am actually beginning to believe it myself. After thinking it would never happen, I’m starting to get really excited”

melonb
26-05-2005, 20:16
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! soo sweet!! shannis baby! :wub: :wub: :wub:

chocolate
26-05-2005, 21:40
that is so cute!!!! :cheer: awwwww!!!

Harmanizing
27-05-2005, 15:41
Thanks once again for your replies. This is for you.

Dennis and Sharon arrived at the clinic the following week feeling somewhat nervous.

“We are going to try ZD first. This means you will continue your married life in the same way as normal but with a bigger chance of conception. If nothing happens in seven or eight weeks we will try the next method but you must continue to come here regularly in the meantime. Is that okay with you both?”

“Yes that’s fine; we’ll do anything you say”

“In that case Mrs. Rickman, let’s get started shall we?”

Sharon was treated with the acid, and then she was left alone with Dennis, to rest and let the treatment take effect.

“Darling do you really think it could be this easy?”

“I don’t know Sharon but let’s just hope shall we? I must say I liked being told to continue in the normal way!”

“Dennis you really are awful you know”

“Why?” He grinned “Because I enjoy making love with my wife? What’s so awful about that for heaven’s sake?”

After half an hour they were allowed to go home to ‘continue in the normal way’

Vicki was waiting for them to return.

“Well, what happened?”

“I had the treatment, now it’s a case of wait and see. We have to go back every week for two months, so I can be checked”

“Oh Sharon, I do so hope it works. You and Dennis will make lovely parents and I want to be the best auntie ever”

“How about us all going to the Vic for a drink, I know I could do with one. I’m afraid it will have to be orange juice for you though baby….. just in case”

“Okay but don’t mention anything about all this will you darling. I know you like to tell Dot things but I’d rather not say anything to anyone until we know the result”

“I’m not a complete moron you know baby” Dennis smiled “Of course I won’t say anything. Come on let’s go I’m parched”

They made their way to the pub, where Sharon found them all a seat while Dennis went to the bar to order their drinks from Tracy. As none of them had eaten they stopped at Ian’s fish shop on the way home for some fish and chips. After which Vicki went out for the evening leaving Dennis and Sharon alone in the flat for the first time since they had come back from America.

“What do you want to do baby? Shall I put the tele on or would you rather sit and talk?”

“What I would really like to do is use this sofa for something other than drinking, like we said before Vicki came home!”

“Mmm lovely idea!”

He sat down next to her, kissing her passionately and gently pushing her back until she was lying down. His kisses moved from her face and lips down her neck and after he had undone her top, to her breasts. He then undid her skirt and removed her tights, feeling her soft body as he did so.

“I do love you Sharon, you know that don’t you? Whether all this works or not. The very fact that you are willing to try makes me love you even more”

“I’ve told you darling I’d give anything to have your baby. Now shut up and make love to me”

“With pleasure sweetheart”

With this he turned all his attention to ‘continuing in the normal way’

melonb
27-05-2005, 18:28
awwwwwwwwww i love this soooooooo mcuh! please post more soon please!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
please let there be a shannis baby! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Angeldelight
27-05-2005, 19:47
awwwwwwwwwwww... this is so cute... bless vicki she's lovely... please keep posting... more more more...

crumpet
27-05-2005, 21:09
yeah! i have only just joined so i am reading all of the scripts so this is the BEST IN THETHINGS IVE READ! so far

Harmanizing
28-05-2005, 23:07
They were sitting having a cup of tea when Vicki came in. As they were both wearing their dressing gowns, she guessed straight away what had happened while she was out

“I can see you two haven’t taken too long in trying out the treatment!”

Dennis held Sharon’s hand and smiled up at Vicki

“Well we are a married couple you know Vicks”

“And we do love each other very much” Sharon added

“Yes I know you do. Let’s hope it all goes well for you both. I have been thinking; if you want to be alone any time, you only have to say, you know that don’t you? I don’t want you to start regretting bringing me home”

“Don’t be silly Vicki, we love having you home with us don’t we Dennis?”

“Yes of course we do Vick. Do you want a cup of tea?”

“No thanks, I think I’ll go straight to my room. I’m going to write to Mum then go to bed”

“Okay, ‘night”

“G’night Dennis and you Sharon”

“Goodnight darling, give Michelle our love won’t you”

Next morning Dennis and Sharon were sitting over tea and toast when Vicki emerged from her room.

“Morning both of you”

“Morning darling, you still look tired, why don’t you go back to bed and I’ll bring you in some tea?”

“No it’s okay thanks Sharon, I’m going to meet a couple of my old mates from fashion school. I want to find out if there is any way I might be able to finish my course”

“That’s great sis, you must be almost at the end of it by now”

“If they take what I did in America into account, yes. Otherwise I might have to go back to where I left off here”

“But you do have all the course work you did in the States don’t you?”

“Most of it yes but there is still some more to come. I have asked Mum to send it on for me. That was why I wanted to get that letter written last night, to let her know what I do need and what I don’t”

“I’m going to the bookies shortly so I’ll post it for you if you like”

“Thanks Dennis, I’ll give you the money for the stamps”

Two months later Dennis and Sharon were at the clinic again. They had been every week for Sharon’s check up but so far nothing had happened. Once again Dennis was squeezing Sharon’s hand while the doctor was speaking.

“Well Mrs. Rickman as you haven’t fallen pregnant with ZD we will now try PZD. There might be slightly more chance of this working but you do know that we can’t guarantee anything don’t you?”

“Yes of course doctor. If this doesn’t work, will it be a surrogate straight away or will you try I.V.F. in the normal way first?”

“We can try that if you want to. It’s up to you whether you go for surrogacy or not”

“If it proves to be the only way we will certainly try it but what do you think might be our chances of a Host surrogacy working?”

“There is every chance Mrs. Rickman but let’s try one thing at a time shall we?”

“Sorry doctor. I don’t mean to sound impatient, it’s just that we seem to be running out of options”

“Not at all, we have only tried one method so far and we have several more we can try. Don’t worry so much Mrs. Rickman. I told you when you first came here that I was confident you and Mr. Rickman would become parents didn’t I? Now let’s see about making you an appointment to come in for the operation. You do realise that this is a somewhat more serious operation than anything you have tried so far?”

“Yes doctor. We have read all the information you gave us and we are quite prepared”

“Good. Well I think we can see you in a couple of day’s time but the receptionist will be able to tell you for certain”

They went to see the receptionist who confirmed that there was indeed a vacancy for the Friday which was two days time. She made the appointment for them at eight thirty in the morning. On their way home they talked about what was going to happen.

“You know I’ll be with you all the time don’t you Sharon, well as long as they will allow me to be anyway”

“I know darling. It makes it all much easier for me knowing that you are there”

Once they reached home they went over what would happen again and Sharon started to get the things ready that she was going to need.

“You’re a bit quick off the mark with that aren’t you baby”

“I know Dennis but getting things ready just seems to make it all real somehow. Like it is all really going to happen”

“Sharon baby, don’t get so worked up about it. That’s not going to help is it? I love you, baby or no baby, you know that don’t you?”

“Oh Dennis, I’m just so nervous. Not about the treatment but in case it doesn’t work. Darling I just don’t want to let you down. I love you so much and I know how much a family means to you”

“Hey, hey come here” He put his arms around her and held her tight. “Now what did I just say eh?”

He stroked the back of her head as he had done many times before. He tried not to worry, to be strong for Sharon but he too was nervous, although he would never let her see it. He kissed her very gently, very lovingly. Then he guided her into their bedroom where he showed her just how much he really loved her.
On the Friday morning they got up extra early and made their way to the hospital. Vicki was with them for extra support should Sharon need it.

“Ah, Mr and Mrs Rickman. Please go through to the waiting room. I’m afraid you will have to wait outside though miss”

“That’s okay. Good luck Sharon, I’ll be thinking of you. Take care of her Dennis”

“Of course I will sis. Don’t worry everything will be fine. We’ll make you an auntie yet!”

Vicki smiled, she really did hope this all worked out well for them, she did love them both very much.

“See you later Vicks”

“I won’t be going anywhere Dennis”

The operation only took a short while and Dennis was sitting holding Sharon’s hand again in next to no time.

“Well that’s it baby. All we have to do now is try to make it work!”

“Sounds like a great idea to me darling, I can’t wait!”

Dennis kissed Sharon’s hands which he was still holding in his own and said rather more seriously,

“Just think Sharon, our very own baby. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? Tell me what would you like a boy or a girl?”

“I really wouldn’t mind darling, as long as it’s yours”

Dennis couldn’t think of an answer to this so he kissed her hand again.

Again they were at the clinic every week for a check up. On the fourth week they got the news they had prayed for.

crumpet
29-05-2005, 09:07
wow! i think i no what it is but plz more!

Angeldelight
29-05-2005, 11:56
WOW... this is great... brill... are they're going to have a bebe... a tiny ikcle bebe... this is great... please post more soon...

crumpet
29-05-2005, 13:50
WOW... this is great... brill... are they're going to have a bebe... a tiny ikcle bebe... this is great... please post more soon...
yeah!
you no some people call dennis mini den?

if it's a boy, they can (if iyt is a baby) call it mini mini den!

melonb
29-05-2005, 16:07
YAY more soon please! ickle shannis baby! so cute!

:cheer: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

crumpet
29-05-2005, 16:09
melonb? please please can you check out
the kat conflict plzzzzz?
i have added script to it!

crumpet
29-05-2005, 16:09
o yeah and MOOOOOOOORRRREEEEE!

Harmanizing
29-05-2005, 18:38
This is the final part. I hope you all enjoy it and thanks once again for all your messages.
--------------------------------------

“Well Mr and Mrs. Rickman I am very pleased to be able to tell you that you are expectant parents”

Sharon felt faint and Dennis felt like cheering out loud. He threw his arms around Sharon and hugged her.

“Baby this is wonderful. You clever girl, I knew you could do it!”

“I can’t believe it Dennis. I really never thought I’d be able to have a baby. This is everything I’ve ever wanted”

“Well I can tell how pleased you both are. Would you like a few minutes alone?”

“Yes please doctor, this is beyond our wildest dreams. I think we need to talk quietly for a moment”

“Of course Mr. Rickman. I’ll give you ten minutes, is that okay?”

“Thank you doctor”

The doctor left them alone and Dennis wasted no time, he pulled Sharon to him and kissed her with all the love inside him.

“Sweetheart I can’t believe this. I never expected to feel so excited; it’s beyond anything I’ve ever known before. Sharon I love you I just can’t ever find the words to tell you how much”

“I know darling, I know. You show me every day how much you love me and I love you just as much”

“I can’t wait to tell Vicki, she will be as thrilled as we are”

“What do you want Dennis? You asked me once but you have never said which you would like”

“Sweetheart I don’t care! As long as you and the baby are okay, that’s all that matters to me”

The doctor came back into the room, bringing Vicki with her.

“I thought you might like to have your sister in here Mr. Rickman”

“Sharon, Dennis what’s happened, has something gone wrong?”

“No darling, things couldn’t be better. You are going to be an auntie at last!”

“WHAT! You mean…..”

“Yes Vicks it’s really happened. Sharon is pregnant!”

“That’s wonderful. Oh well done both of you, I’m so pleased for you”

They decided not to tell anyone until Sharon was at least four months, so in the meantime they enjoyed having the secret just between themselves. Dennis loved to put his hand on Sharon’s stomach and imagine he could feel the baby move. It was the most wonderful time of their lives and they enjoyed every single moment. Sharon made an appointment with Dr. Le Roy to make sure everything was going as it should be. When she explained the situation he asked her to make a regular visit to his surgery so that he could keep a close eye on her. As the weeks passed and Sharon started to gain weight they realised they may have to start telling people. Dot was the first on their list of course.

“Oh Sharon, Dennis I can’t tell you how pleased I am for you. Congratulations both of you it’s lovely news, the best I’ve had in a long time”

The next person they told was Chrissie. She too was thrilled for them and wished them well.

“I’d open a bottle of champagne but it wouldn’t be quite fair on you would it Sharon?”

“Maybe once the baby is born eh Chrissie?”

“You’ve got a deal there Sharon!”

Once Dot and Chrissie had been told they didn’t mind everyone finding out. Vicki was given permission to tell anyone she wanted and so was Dot. The news was all over the square by the next day and everyone congratulated them.

“Dennis, I saw Zoe today, she looked daggers at me. Talk about if looks could kill!”

“You’re not worried about her are you?”

“Of course not darling, she’s really in the past now isn’t she?”

“Extinct as a dinosaur!”

“I couldn’t help feeling a bit sorry for her though”

“Don’t sweetheart, she doesn’t deserve it”

The next few months passed by in no time and then one day Sharon felt a searing pain run through her whole body. She rang Dennis at the bookies.

“Darling you had better come home. I think our baby is coming”

Another pain ran through her and she screamed down the ‘phone, frightening the life out of Dennis.

“Okay baby I’m on my way, do you think you could manage to ring the ambulance?”

“Yes okay but please hurry Dennis”

“I’ll be with you in a couple of minutes sweetheart”

After explaining the situation to Pat, Dennis ran all the way to the flat, where he found Sharon doubled up in pain.

“Baby are you alright, do you need anything?”

“Not now you’re here darling”

He sat with her on the sofa, holding her close until the ambulance arrived and they were taken to Walford General maternity department.

While Sharon was being checked over Dennis called Vicki and told her to come to the hospital. Soon after this Sharon was taken to the delivery room with Dennis in tow. Their daughter was born at four thirty in the afternoon weighing in at six pounds, three ounces.
Vicki was allowed in to see Sharon about an hour later; Dennis hadn’t left her side since they had arrived, except for the couple of minutes it had taken to make the call to Vicki. He was sitting at the side of his wife’s bed with his finger clenched tight in his daughter’s tiny fist.

“Sharon darling, she’s beautiful. Nearly as beautiful as her mum and you did it all by yourself. I’m so proud of you sweetheart”

“Not quite all by myself darling, you did your bit too”

He leaned over and kissed his wife very, very lovingly.

Angeldelight
29-05-2005, 19:18
oh WOW... WOW... WOW... i can't believe it... it can't be over... i'm on the verge of tears here... ahhhhhhh that was so sweet.... i'm so glad they had the bebe.... ahhhhhhhhh... please... please don't let this be the end...

Stacy
29-05-2005, 21:57
I've just caught up and LOVED it!! Please don't let this be the end though. Really pleased they had the baby they both wanted!

crumpet
30-05-2005, 08:11
yah"! we still need to no wot the baby's called!

di marco
30-05-2005, 16:44
fab! :D just caught up. yay they have a baby! but its the end noooooooooooo maybe you could write a sequel to it! :) i really enjoyed reading the script, really fantastic

melonb
30-05-2005, 21:38
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! so cute! a shannis baby!! :thumbsup:
wat bout a name tho?? :wub:

crumpet
31-05-2005, 17:01
thats wot i sed cos it cant be the end, WE NEED NAMES! 4 the baby

chocolate
31-05-2005, 17:34
awwww that is so sweeet!!! bless how cute a shannis baby!! i am so happy wow!! :cheer: :wub:

Harmanizing
01-06-2005, 21:49
Thanks for all the messages. In a story I wrote on the old BBC boards, they called their baby Angela Dorothy Rickman (Known as Little Angie) and I can't think of a better name can you?

Rain_
01-06-2005, 21:56
ok so now we have a name you can start writing the script for the christening :D :D :D

Angeldelight
01-06-2005, 23:54
hehe... i agree with Rain... you can do the first months of their lives as parents...