PDA

View Full Version : ice skating

squillyfer
25-10-2006, 18:12
hi, who does it? who loves it? Who hates it? General opinions.

I love ice skating, getting my own boots for xmas and i cant wait, only thing is it always seems an expensive trip out.

What are facilities like near you?

di marco
30-10-2006, 17:42
well ive only been iceskating 3 or 4 times in my life, so needless to say im not too great at it! its quite fun though but it is really expensive to go. ive got an icerink quite near me which is quite good but the only problem is theres always huge groups of chavs that start fights outside

squillyfer
30-10-2006, 17:49
went ice skating today but there was a school group in and it was chaos, me and my sis left in the end cos it was getting dangerous

di marco
30-10-2006, 18:19
at the icerink where i live, on fridays they have a disco there and at the end they play ice bulldog, it looks very dangerous lol!

squillyfer
30-10-2006, 18:22
sounds dangerous lol I have a blister from the skates and to me thats a serious injury lol

Tannie
30-10-2006, 20:41
I go maybe not a lot but yeah if there's nothing to do i would get my mum to take me as my nearest rink is about 45 minuets away from me. I went with the school in june through:D and i dropped an ice skate on my toe and still have a bruise on it... it is rather or was rather sore:crying: but otherwise i love it! it's not to expensive in the holidays for me to get in:D and neither with the school so nope but it is fun:D

Sam-Elle
30-10-2006, 21:29
at the icerink where i live, on fridays they have a disco there and at the end they play ice bulldog, it looks very dangerous lol!

sounds dangerous too :p wouldnt catch me joining in with that. I havent been ice scating in ages...must go soon though. There was that small plastic rink you can go on in shoping centers out this weekend where i live and its completely rubbish...wheres the ice on it? I found it funny how everyone kept stacking on it every couple of seconds.