PDA

View Full Version : Frank to return again????????????

alan45
20-09-2006, 11:45
According to todays Sun Kate Harwood is keen to get Frank Butcher to return to EE again. The words barrel scraping and bottom spring to mind.:rolleyes: On the other han she also wants Janine to return so maybe its not all bad

Dr. Tangliss
20-09-2006, 11:51
Oooh, I would love the return of super bitch Janine, as for Frank they have tried it many a time and each time he ends up leaving as his character is so annoying!

Babe14
20-09-2006, 11:54
Can't stand Frank but I've always liked him and Pat as a couple, however if he's only popping in again then I don't see the point. sometime ago it did actually say that he was going to return on a part time basis. Won't bother me as I expect I would of switched off by then.

Skits
20-09-2006, 12:51
hello babe. oh no please not again. he's bound to re-appear if peggy and jack are getting on well. he's a bad egg that frank fella.

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-09-2006, 13:14
I personally think its a good idea but then thats because my dad knows Mike Reid, i did like Frank when he was around before i just hope if this happens his character doesnt change like Den did when they had him back.

Debs
20-09-2006, 13:28
frank back oh i can hardly contain my............ (wheres the yawn smiley!!)

i wouldlove to see janine back though.

tammyy2j
20-09-2006, 13:54
Janine returning would be brillant but not annoying boring Frank. I think Janine and Sean would be a good pairing.

Bryan
20-09-2006, 18:20
and she wants Carol Jackson back, as I was saying to Siobhan yesterday there isnt much point of any of them returning.

Janine - she's a free woman with no ties to Walford, she'd have done her revenge on Pat a long time ago, why would she return? Unless she was thilthy rich and wanted to rub everyones noses in it.

Frank - he's had his day, she said he represented Eastenders at it's bets, which agreed yes he did. Eastenders is a different show now, and its not focuysed on true Eastend characters or families. Frank has no family in Walford now, and another affair with Pat would be repetitive to say the least.

Carol - If she's ever going to return she needs to do it fast! Get her involved in the Rebecca storyline with Sonia, because once Sonia has gone she wont have any reason to return, she dont get on much with Jim or Max, but if she returned now she could build bridges, and by the time Sonia has gone she will be firmily back in Walford.

I would like to say that they should just stick to new characters instead of dragging characters from the past back, but judging on Deano, Dawn, SJ and co I think old characters may be more appealing.

Jojo
20-09-2006, 18:22
Why do they have to keep re-introducing old characters?!?! Can't they think of new characters that the public would want to watch. I don't even think I'd like to see Janine back, as it would only revert back to the Janine vs Pat scenario especially after Pat set her up for Laura's "murder". OK, so she pulled out in the end, but Janine wouldn't forget that. Please don't make the situation any worse than it already is!

neroc
20-09-2006, 19:26
How many more times are they going to plan to bring him back?!! Personally I don't really like his character much. I wouldn't really mind if Janine came back though.

Chris_2k11
20-09-2006, 19:32
I'd absolutely love for Janine to come back! :cheer: EastEnders has really suffered without her.

Not Frank though.. I think we've had enough of his bow tie antics for one lifetime. :nono: :sick:

Jojo
20-09-2006, 19:36
...Not Frank though.. I think we've had enough of his bow tie antics for one lifetime. :nono: :sick: :sick: Ewww - Chris, did you have to plant that memory back in my mind again :sick:

callummc
20-09-2006, 23:55
according to the press kate harwood is due to leave as exec producer very soon so i dont see why she would be trying to hire anyone,theres a man about to take over and the hiring and firing will be his job,i just hope he does a better job than her,and if he decides to bring anyone back he has good storylines ready before he brings them back,not bring them back and then try and then try and think up some wy for them to earn their big paycheck

Babe14
21-09-2006, 09:44
according to the press kate harwood is due to leave as exec producer very soon

Nice one Kate doing a runner and leaving a massive stink behind you!

It's all too late now the damage has been done and they have/are losing too many longtime viewers.

I'm guessing the normal trend will follow upon a new producer taking over, axe swinging.

alan45
21-09-2006, 10:09
Nice one Kate doing a runner and leaving a massive stink behind you!

It's all too late now the damage has been done and they have/are losing too many longtime viewers.

I'm guessing the normal trend will follow upon a new producer taking over, axe swinging. ................................................. Sensational Explosive storylines,:rolleyes: Return of Den, £5m to Ross Kemp to say ello Mum. Miss Piggy takes a break from panto to get married again and become a widow bnefore returning to pantoland.

Babe14
21-09-2006, 10:19
................................................. Sensational Explosive storylines,:rolleyes: Return of Den, £5m to Ross Kemp to say ello Mum. Miss Piggy takes a break from panto to get married again and become a widow bnefore returning to pantoland.

:lol: and don't forget all the young talent we now have

Luna
21-09-2006, 10:27
didnt frank say that the last time he appeared was deffo going to be the last time as even he was sick of it.

I hope the evil janine come back she was brilliant at the end

alan45
21-09-2006, 10:56
:lol: and don't forget all the young talent we now have Oh yes The Worlds sexiest actress:rotfl:

Dr. Tangliss
21-09-2006, 10:58
Yeah, what's the deal with that, she only looks 12 which is slightly sick if you ask me.

alan45
21-09-2006, 13:47
Yeah, what's the deal with that, she only looks 12 which is slightly sick if you ask me. I think it says a lot about EE's audience and those who vote in these pathetic awards

Dr. Tangliss
21-09-2006, 13:57
You're right there, Alan. It also shows that quite a number of younger folk tend to vote in these awards.

DaVeyWaVey
23-09-2006, 18:02
I am tired of Eastenders reintroducing old characters, they can't keep relying on past characters, they need to develop new ones like they already have done so. I don't see the point in Frank or Janine returning unless Janine wants to come back a free woman and get revenge on Pat for framing her for Laura's "murder"..but it will be the Pat V Janine storyline all over again...bringing her and other old characters back would just be too repetitive. They've done a good job of introducing new characters so far such as The Foxes and The Brannings. They don't need to bring old characters back, they've all had their day.

Kim
23-09-2006, 20:53
Oh blimey wake me up when he's left again lol! There's not that much for him to walk into either - Jack and Peggy aren't going to be an issue by then. Pat and the car lot - great - not! Otherwise he could find out about the Pat and Patrick thing but why bother paying him for that?

diamond1
23-09-2006, 21:57
Im on the fence as much as I want to see that bow tie again :sick: I have to think that Frank has got no Bonding Tie to the square (no pun intended) and would be pointless..maye there would be one scene that would entertain us the one where he strolls in the Vic and phil punches his lights out for him decieving peggy but other than that nah no real reason or storyline to be there on the square(like most of the cast I know)

now janine is another case as much as I love the character..she isnt likely to be older and wiser for example when she got let off her trial last year she didnt even see frank,she played an innocent act to him and the minute she was realesed she scarped...shes not older and wiser maybe the correct term is more corrupt and evil

crazygirl
23-09-2006, 22:37
i hope they dont bring janine and frank back they were the most annoying characters

Kim
14-10-2006, 14:34
I read in the TvMag that the actress who plays Janine would like to return. An opportunity for Frank there, too.