PDA

View Full Version : Ratings news and Channel 5 bid!!!

bakedbean
04-09-2006, 10:54
According to MediaGuardian, Neighbours has seen off new competition for its early evening slot, from The Sharon Osbourne Show. The first time the programmes went head-to-head, on Tuesday, saw Neighbours win its time slot, with 2.4 million viewers, to Sharon’s 1.9 million.

Meanwhile, Broadcast News has reported new plans by five to steal Neighbours from the BBC when bidding for the show opens up next year. The BBC contract runs out in 2008 and five are keen to replace Family Affairs, their own soap which was axed last year, in the 6.30pm slot. The BBC, however, are thought to be keen to keep a tight grip on one of their most popular shows. Plans are already in motion to show episodes “a day ahead” from next April on BBC Three.

And finally, Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy) has reported on his own site that plans are underway for a third series of Neighbours Revealed. The previous two series’ were broadcast towards the end of 2000 and 2001 but, after a six-year gap, another series should be ready to show next Spring.

From Perfect blend

LostVoodoo
04-09-2006, 12:23
hmmm...interesting...and actually, if Channel 5 put neighbours on in the 6.30pm spot then it might actually be good for the rating- i know a lot of people who used to watch neighbours religiosly, but then when they leave school/uni/get jobs they cant watch it because of the time its on.

Katy
04-09-2006, 14:17
NO they cant put it at 6 30, Hollyoaks is on. I prefer it as it is now.

bakedbean
04-09-2006, 14:29
I doubt 5 will get it Neighbours is produced by the BBC in some sort of way and they pay a lot of money for it. 5 needs to bring back Family Affairs.

neroc
04-09-2006, 18:13
No! Five cannot have Neighbours! They would put some stupid ad-break half way through. That's why the BBC are good because they don't have ad-breaks to ruin the programme!

Pixie
04-09-2006, 22:08
i hope 5 dont get it! Neighbours is BBC. and plus that will ruin my routein of neighbours, home and away, hollyoaks

bakedbean
27-09-2006, 15:56
MediaGuardian reports that Neighbours won its evening timeslot on Monday, despite competition from the returning Paul O'Grady Show on Channel Four. The victory was only small, however, with Neighbours receiving 2.6 million viewers, to Paul's 2.5 million. Also in the same timeslot, The Weakest Link achieved 2.3 million, while The Sharon Osbourne Show continued to trail behind, with only 1.2 million viewers.

Looks good for Neighbours.

Katy
27-09-2006, 16:52
It does, it is heaps better than those chat shows though. I mean there all the same theres only so many diet tips etc that anyone can take.

*-Rooney-*
17-05-2007, 13:10
so what happens now then, when will we find out where neighbours will be getting moved to

eastenders mad
20-05-2007, 09:49
i don't think i will be watching neighbours when it goes to five. Can't be bothered with the adverts. It is also getting really boring.