PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2008 Qualifiers, Game Discussions.

Katy
03-09-2006, 17:52
I noticed there was a thread on the Andorra game against England but i though that as the qualifiers will go on for a long time we can use this space to post thoughts on the games or any team news.

If not necesasary feel free to close.

I thought Ireland did well even though they did lose and Scotland were great to beat the faroes 6 0.

alan45
06-09-2006, 22:48
I am watching a superb game of football Northern Ireland v Spain score 2 - 2 so far so much better than the rubbish performace on Saturday. David Healy SUPERSTAR

alan45
06-09-2006, 23:04
OMG HEALY SCORES HIS HAT-TRICK 3-2:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

alan45
06-09-2006, 23:18
FINAL SCORE 3 - 2 WHAT A MATCH REAL ROY OF THE ROVERS STUFF

Siobhan
07-09-2006, 10:33
Germany V san Marino: 13: 0.. now that is amazing score

di marco
07-09-2006, 17:18
Germany V san Marino: 13: 0.. now that is amazing score

yeh i suppose its quite good, but the likes of germany playing a little team like that, they should be able to get loads of goals

.:SpIcYsPy:.
07-09-2006, 18:35
Wooooooh.. wish I seen that one :rotfl: Must have been so easy for then :rotfl:

Katy
06-10-2006, 15:18
This weekend another weekend of Euro action including Ireland taking on Cyprus (minus shay, sobsob) England play Macadonia (with a weird formation) and Scotland take on France. Shouild be a good weekend of football.

alan45
06-10-2006, 15:21
This weekend another weekend of Euro action including Ireland taking on Cyprus (minus shay, sobsob) England play Macadonia (with a weird formation) and Scotland take on France. Shouild be a good weekend of football. Hey dont forget Northern Ireland v Denmark. Lets hope for a repeat of the Spanish result:cheer:

pookie1968uk
07-10-2006, 16:47
i always get a bit nervous when i hear that formations are being messed about with but i will reserve judgement till after the England game. theoretically it should be an easy game to win but then again you never know in football!!

Richie_lecturer
08-10-2006, 00:20
England 0-0 Macedonia. :rolleyes: :thumbsdow
Scotland 1-0 France. :cheer: :thumbsup:
Wales 1-5 Slovakia. :eek: :D
Cyprus 5-2 Republic of Ireland :eek:

And for Alan...

Denmark 0-0 Northern Ireland. :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
08-10-2006, 00:22
scotland won yipeee :cheer: 9 points from 3 games let's hope the can keep winning

Em
08-10-2006, 01:15
scotland won yipeee :cheer: 9 points from 3 games let's hope the can keep winning

couldnt have put it better myself

good on old walter - hes learnt a few things whilst with fergie at united glad to see him putting it into practice.

you never know - we might get a teamtogether to rival england! (given how they played tonight probably not hard!)

di marco
08-10-2006, 16:20
the england game was so bad, theyve gone back to playing crap like before! i could have guessed they wouldnt win, its like they dont bother trying against smaller teams

alkalinetrio
08-10-2006, 16:40
crap game yesterday we need speed shaun wright philips gives us that so i think he wud be good to be in line up! and we really need to work on passing so badly take a few tips from wenger i think crouch was being a bit selfish yesterday i think he reallly shud have passed it to defoe in the small box for him to slot it in!

and wel done scotland my dad will be glad:d

alan45
11-10-2006, 22:37
Croatia 2 England 0

What can I say

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Bet you wish you had picked Martin O'Neill for manager:D

alan45
11-10-2006, 22:56
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland 1-0

What can I say

but

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

pookie1968uk
12-10-2006, 17:13
very embarrassing for england. we seem to going worse each time! i was so fed up that sky had got the match again and i wouldnt be able to see it but now im glad i wasnt able to!

alkalinetrio
13-10-2006, 11:32
wednesday matches are always played on sky i hate that!

didnt even bother watch the game cause of macedonia game im so glad i didnt feel sorry for rob tho saw some of the hightlights he made lot of good saves and that ball that bounced up over hes foot was just something that happened!

Katy
13-10-2006, 15:29
Hooray for Kevin Kilbane, Ill settle for a point against the group leaders. I mean Henderson showed some class in goal for someone who plays week in week out for a league 1 side, and not a very good one at that, no offence Brighton fans !!!! I think Paul McShane was cracking player in Irelands back four and would probably (hopefuilly) keep Andy O Brien out of the line up.

AS for Robinson, what an idiot. I loved all the excuses at the end and everyone missed the obvious., The fact they played pants.

pookie1968uk
13-10-2006, 20:24
wednesday matches are always played on sky i hate that!

didnt even bother watch the game cause of macedonia game im so glad i didnt feel sorry for rob tho saw some of the hightlights he made lot of good saves and that ball that bounced up over hes foot was just something that happened!

i feel sorry for robinson too. apparently he made some great saves and without him England would have probably conceded more goals but he makes 1 mistake and thats all he will be remembered for!
and now to top it all off, not long ago most people were happy to see beckham dropped but now they're calling for his return as if he is the answer to all of Englands problems all of a sudden.
people are so fickle!

di marco
13-10-2006, 23:32
i was so fed up that sky had got the match again and i wouldnt be able to see it but now im glad i wasnt able to!

yeh me too seeing as i dont have sky, so i hate it when they show the footie, but im not even that bothered that i missed the highlights cos they played so bad!

Katy
15-11-2006, 15:34
The green lads play San Marino, if we lose tonight we have had it and can wave god bye to any hope of qualifying. Hope they win for Stans sake i quite like him as a manager.

Also Shay Givens back in action since his spleen ruptured. I hope he has a good game. But anyones better than paddy kenny.

Its a day in history as well as i believe its the last internation football game at Landsdowne Road before it gets done up.

Katy
16-11-2006, 18:10
Poor Old San Marino, goal difference must be at least - 20. Glad we knocked 5 past them though. It was just what we needed to get back into the campaign and Germany onlydrew so that worked in our favour as well. Stan looked relieved.

It was nice to see Bobby Robson back at the game last night and Keano getting back into goal scoring ways.

Richie_lecturer
16-11-2006, 18:20
5-0 was quite a good result for them, considering Germany beat them 13-0 in San Marino the other month. :eek: :D

Katy
17-11-2006, 16:55
i know, you have to feel sorry for them though, they are like the laughing stocks of the group i dont mind though.

Richie_lecturer
17-11-2006, 17:35
Well no, it's an easy 3 points. Can't complain.

Katy
12-02-2007, 17:59
Reading this back makes me wonder how we nearly lost the other night. Thank God for Stevie Ireland as that would have been alot more embarrasing than a loss in the rugby. I think Stauntons time as manager is on a bit a time schedule as that was a poor poor result, if he doesnt sprt it out, it will be Brian Kerr all over again and no place in the European champinships.

alan45
24-03-2007, 23:40
Just thought Id bump this thread to mention the fact NORTHERN IRELAND beat LEICHTENSTEIN 4-1 and yet again Leeds Utd player David Healy scores a HAT TRICK:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Now if only our politicians could perform as well:rolleyes:

Katy
25-03-2007, 12:18
England 0 - 0 Isreal Macca, whats happening to you fella.

Ireland won, thankfully as beating Wales was a definate if we have any hope of qualifing. Stevie Ireland Yet again. What a man.

Pity Healy aint getting more goals in the net for Leed. theres really in the poopoo in the league.

Richie_lecturer
26-03-2007, 00:03
Just thought Id bump this thread to mention the fact NORTHERN IRELAND beat LEICHTENSTEIN 4-1 and yet again Leeds Utd player David Healy scores a HAT TRICK:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Liechtenstein, that great football force. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I bet England couldn't beat them right now....

Chloe O'brien
26-03-2007, 00:26
Big Eck's Ranger's reserves beat Georgia 2-1 They play Italy on Wednesday night.

pookie1968uk
26-03-2007, 00:35
its matches like englands on saturday which makes me not bothered that i havent got sky sports!! imagine having to sit through the whole of the match! boring!
england really do have to up their level of football to qualify.

alan45
26-03-2007, 00:46

Liechtenstein, that great football force. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I bet England couldn't beat them right now....Only slightly lower than Israel. Obviously you doint remember Englands humbling defeat in Belfast or Northern Irelans 3-2 win over Spain:p

Richie_lecturer
26-03-2007, 16:05
I don't think we need much reminding of that, thank you....:(

alan45
26-03-2007, 18:51

Of Course I may not be so clever on Wednesday night when N.Ireland take on group leaders Sweden.:)

Katy
27-03-2007, 18:08
I wonder is big Andreas is playing for Sweden. I know we have Slovakia.

It looks like the moment of truth for Macca.

Richie_lecturer
28-03-2007, 00:35

Of Course I may not be so clever on Wednesday night when N.Ireland take on group leaders Sweden.:)

Yep, you'll be lucky. Even England haven't beaten them for 40 years. :o

I don't think we'll have problems with Andorra though. It's the equivalent of Chelsea v Merthyr Tydfil.

alan45
28-03-2007, 00:42

Yep, you'll be lucky. Even England haven't beaten them for 40 years. :o

I don't think we'll have problems with Andorra though. It's the equivalent of Chelsea v Merthyr Tydfil.Watch it Richie you know what comes before a fall. Israel were hardly premiership material

Katy
28-03-2007, 18:12
Thats what all the papers are saying. Isreal players wouldnt even get into the England side on there ability, not even the best one Benayoun. It really wasa must win game.

Staunton and Macca are both in trouble if they both dont get there acts together.

alan45
28-03-2007, 23:07
Two fantastic goals by David Healy see Northern Ireland top Group F by beatin Sweden 2 - 1 at Windsor Park

Unbelievable but TRUE.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Richie_lecturer
29-03-2007, 00:18
Well done Northern Ireland. They rode their luck but deserved the win for effort alone.

England, what can I say. I knew they'd score after half time but it was still so so awful. Play like that against Russia and Croatia and we will be ripped apart.

alan45
22-08-2007, 23:18
Northern Ireland 3

Liechtenstein 1

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

alan45
22-08-2007, 23:25
Northern Ireland 3

Liechtenstein 1

So good I have even taped the UKs top soap for watching later:thumbsup:

pookie1968uk
22-08-2007, 23:55
well done northern ireland! much better than englands efforts anyway!!

pookie1968uk
23-08-2007, 15:20
in fact, well done to republic of ireland, wales and scotland too!!!
well done all of you except England! lol!

alan45
23-08-2007, 15:58
in fact, well done to republic of ireland, wales and scotland too!!!
well done all of you except England! lol!Fortunately the England match was only a 'friendly'

Super result by the other team in green. Tremendous result

Richie_lecturer
23-08-2007, 22:45
Northern Ireland 3

Liechtenstein 1

Should have been 6-1 and more. Liech are dreadful.

Katy
28-08-2007, 11:11
Good game for northern Ireland, they played well, Worthington must be pleased for his first qualifier. There flying in that group.

Katy
09-09-2007, 11:13
Gutted i htought Ireland had that game won last night you can't fall asleep at the back (McShane) with 1 minute to go in injury time. Talk about making qualifing difficult. I think its impossible, and can't see us beating the czechs.

Great goal by Stevie Ireland (although i am sure he has had a hair transplant or something, he was going bald last season and now he has a full head of hair) and an even better goal by Kevin Doyle. That was briliant. It wasn't to be.

alan45
10-09-2007, 13:29
Good game for northern Ireland, they played well, Worthington must be pleased for his first qualifier. There flying in that group.Only to be let down by a crap performance in Latvia. Lets hope they pick themselves up for Wednesday's tie in Rekyavik.:(

Katy
10-09-2007, 16:07
That was one of the best own goals i have seen in a long time, Jamie Pollocks is the best i've ever seen. I bet Baird was absolutly gutted with that.

Who they playing on Wednesday?

alan45
10-09-2007, 18:06
That was one of the best own goals i have seen in a long time, Jamie Pollocks is the best i've ever seen. I bet Baird was absolutly gutted with that.

Who they playing on Wednesday?ICELAND so lets hope there is a huge improvement

Siobhan
10-09-2007, 18:11
One comment doing the rounds over here after Irelands match "we snatched a draw out of victory".. Ireland is going backwards

Katy
11-09-2007, 13:17
One comment doing the rounds over here after Irelands match "we snatched a draw out of victory".. Ireland is going backwards

That's exactly it, we should have had the three points made it a hell of a lot easier fro Wednesdays game which i think if we lose, we can't qualify, i think, If we beat the czechs then we are on equal points with them so hopefully fingers crossed we can do it.

Theres no Stephen Ireland (family Bereavement) and No Finnan (Thigh or leg or something) I'll be glad when these qualifiers are over.

Richie_lecturer
11-09-2007, 18:19

Otherwise you'll be frozen out the group.

alan45
11-09-2007, 19:35

Otherwise you'll be frozen out the group.Well hopefully the Green and white army will do the biz against the Cod Stealers.

Richie_lecturer
12-09-2007, 12:03
Let's hope the NI goalie doesn't have to fish the ball out of the net tonight.

alan45
12-09-2007, 12:31
Lets hope the fans have a whale of a time and the team put their sole into the match and they batter the icelanders.

Jojo
12-09-2007, 12:34
Lets hope the fans have a whale of a time and the team put their sole into the match and they batter the icelanders.

:rotfl: :clap:

Excellent word play there Alan!!

Chloe O'brien
12-09-2007, 21:52
Half-time results:

Czech Republic 1-0 Republic of Ireland, 1930 BST
England 2-0 Russia, 2000 BST
France 0-0 Scotland, 2000 BST
Iceland 1-1 Northern Ireland, 1905 BST

Earlier game:

Slovakia 2-5 Wales

alan45
12-09-2007, 22:22
We wuz robbed.

ICELAND 2 Norn Iron 1:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Well looks like weve had our chips for Euro :crying: :crying:

Chloe O'brien
12-09-2007, 23:16
Yipee we're top of group B with a 1-0 win over the French.

alan45
12-09-2007, 23:44
Yipee we're top of group B with a 1-0 win over the French.
Brilliant result. Well done SCOTLAND

pookie1968uk
12-09-2007, 23:58
that was a fantastic result for scotland, always good to beat the french! great result for england too.
wales did really well but a bit too late in the day i think.

Richie_lecturer
13-09-2007, 00:12
Oh dear. National Insurance FC beaten by the Bejam Boys. That's it for qualification now.

The other team over the sea have little chance now either.

England result - about time.

All after the Lord Mayor's show for Wales.

But the result of the night has to be the Scots, what a strike by McFadden (Whitehead not required, ain't no stopping Jimmy now). Unbelieveable result and they top the group with three games left. They lead the World Cup Winners and the World Cup Runners Up. :eek: It's in their own hands....

Katy
13-09-2007, 09:54
Couldn't believe the Scotland result, what a game, i bet the french were kicking themselves, i think there set to qualify now for sure.

Ireland and NI both look like we'll be finding something else to do whilst euro 08 is on. As i doubt neither ofthe green teams will be there. Although last nights game for the republic was not helped by the referee, that was so not a sending off and poor Richard getting his head stapled. Oh well theres always the next one.

Chloe O'brien
13-09-2007, 22:02
Now let's not get to excited about us Scots. Yes it was a magifincent 35 yard goal, and we have beaten the French twice in the qualifing matches, but there is still three games to go and we can still shoot ourselves in the foot. So although I am cheering the Ranger's Reserves like the rest of Scotland today I'm also pesimisstic that I won't believe we have qualified for Euro 2008 until we are on the plane.

Richie_lecturer
14-09-2007, 14:48
True, there's still a couple of banana skins. Ukraine are a tough side, and you still have to play Italy at home. Will be the first time Scotland have qualified for finals since WC France 98.