PDA

View Full Version : More Characters Leaving

Footie_Chick
02-09-2006, 15:28
Hollyoaks mum Kathy Barnes bids farewell to her family and to the village on Friday 22nd September, someones let slip to dad Mike that his wife had slept with Rhys Ashworth, the older man who was sleeping with his daughter, with all of that he also finds out his youngest daughter Amy is pregnant. Can life get any worse for Mike Barnes? Yes Amy attempts suicide! Also its time to bid an overdue farewell to the Owen family. Carrie, Rob and Nicole leave Hollyoaks on Monday 25th September leaving Russ to move in with Mercedes (so soon after poor Sophies death!) apparently the new producer at Hollyoaks wasn't keen on the Owens! And finally we say goodbye to, what is promised to be the final exit of the year, Jessica Harris played by Jennifer Biddall, upset after the death of her best friend, Jess can't see a future for her in Hollyoaks, Jess boards a black cab Tuesday 3rd October.

Katy
02-09-2006, 17:35
cant believe the Owens are all going. How many exits does one soap want to have. Glad thed the other Barnes are staying though.

bakedbean
02-09-2006, 19:34
I really liked Kathy she had potential to be a big charecter on the soap.

Katy
05-09-2006, 08:54
The Owens Axed - From Inside Soap

Times up for hollyoaks Owen family with only Stuart Manning, Russ set to survuive the axe. In the aftermath of the arson attack on the Dog in the pond teh clanm will decide there is no future for them in Hollyoaks, and Russ behind. Ciara Janson [Nicole], Jaq Croft [Carrie] and David Prosho [Rob] will all be departing.

"were keeping Russ who will get together with Mercedes McQueen. Therell become the shows central Romantic couple" says Bryan Kirkwood the shows producer.

pinkfirefly
05-09-2006, 13:28
NO not russ and mercedes noooo

x Amby x
05-09-2006, 17:00
Glad that Kathy is finally leaving! Not Jennifer Biddall!!!!!!! :(:(:( I really like her character! Bit disappointed about Nicole as well i think shes got potential but the other Owens can leave! Happy that Russ is staying though! :D Now he and Mercedes can finally get together! By the way what source are you using for these spoilers, i know the Owens bit is true because i read it in Insdie Soap but where did you hear about Jennfier Biddall? Just curious!

Chris_2k11
05-09-2006, 19:39
Hollyoaks is so pathetic when it comes down to employing/axing actors. Why can't they just be like a normal soap and keep characters for a good few years instead of constantly bringing in new ones and axing people all the time. I mean their's only 3 people that have been in it since the 90's and that's Tony, Max, & OB. How ridiculous. I mean they'd developed the Owens really well and now they go and axe them because they can't be arsed taking the time to think of ways to develop them further. Same with the Burtons, who I happen to think still had potential. And as for these new students, what's the betting they'll be gone in 1 - 2 years time, if less?!

laurouski
01-10-2006, 12:34
Happy that Russ is staying though! :D Now he and Mercedes can finally get together!

No no no no no!! I'm still angry about that! Cheating on Sophie! :angry:

Hollyoaks can be quite ridiculous though, when getting rid of characters. But then there's a lot of things that bother me about the soap. I mean, they need to get better actors, some of the current ones are just useless, like, Amy Barnes, Kathy Barnes, Sasha Valentine, Foz etc.
And they really need to take more time to develop the story lines. I mean, Sophie suddenly loved Russ, and I thought it was stupid the way that one episode, Russ seemed all happy with her, and the next, he wasn't! And Jessica had suddenly got really mean to Olivia in the few weeks before her death. And Zoe suddenly loved Joe. And Sam suddenly went from a polite, friendly boy-next-door, to a murderous rapist!! :wall:
And there are a few little things that I noticed as well. Like, the DVD of Claire and Warren, wouldn't it be at least scratched enough to not work, if not completely ruined after the fire?! And Joe's phone, I'm sure it wouldn't work, after not only the first explosion and the fire afterwards, but the smaller explosion that killed him (:crying:) and Olivia. :o
And also, they've missed out on a few good story lines. They could have showed Joe and Olivia's funerals, and, I think this would've been a really good storyline, they could have made a lot more about Louise going back to work. One episode she was saying how she couldn't go back, the next week she was there, happily holding interviews like nothing had ever happened! They should have shown her going back, maybe breaking down or something, and showed us all the memories of the good times, like they did when Mandy left. That would have been really good to watch.
They really do need to up their game, it's because of things like this that 'Oaks hardly ever wins any awards.

Chris_2k11
06-10-2006, 22:43
And finally we say goodbye to, what is promised to be the final exit of the year, Jessica Harris played by Jennifer Biddall, upset after the death of her best friend, Jess can't see a future for her in Hollyoaks, Jess boards a black cab Tuesday 3rd October.Right i'm confused.. this hasn't happened has it? :searchme:

bevanuk
07-10-2006, 09:46
The students are there to come and go - they do uni then leave. Quite realistic if you ask me. Something different that the other soaps don't really do!

Florijo
07-10-2006, 11:17
The students are there to come and go - they do uni then leave. Quite realistic if you ask me. Something different that the other soaps don't really do!

The problem is is that they never develop them as characters most of the time. Joe, Olivia etc never really had much to do.

Chris_2k11
07-10-2006, 18:23
The problem is is that they never develop them as characters most of the time. Joe, Olivia etc never really had much to do.Totally agree. They started off a good storyline with Joe & his father hitting his mother, but they never bothered to carry it on. Instead they had that stupid thing with the cow licking his head. :rolleyes:

diamond1
07-10-2006, 19:39
they could have made a lot more about Louise going back to work. One episode she was saying how she couldn't go back, the next week she was there, happily holding interviews like nothing had ever happened! They should have shown her going back, maybe breaking down or something, and showed us all the memories of the good times, like they did when Mandy left. That would have been really good to watch.
They really do need to up their game, it's because of things like this that 'Oaks hardly ever wins any awards. l

ouises memory of good times??-which consists of a brief fling with ben and a secret husband.

there is not much to hear other than that?

Im sorry but I think hollyoaks does deserve awards I mean you say of things hollyoaks leave out but its got to unbeliveable for it to be a soap.

and also think of it like this I assume you live on a street so how many serial killers,rapists,dads sleeping with sons girlfriends,gangsters are there on your street because there sure are alot on corrie and that wins all the awards:)

Im so protective of hollyoaks -im sorry if it sounds like complete moaning

laurouski
20-10-2006, 23:19
l

ouises memory of good times??-which consists of a brief fling with ben and a secret husband.

there is not much to hear other than that?

Im sorry but I think hollyoaks does deserve awards I mean you say of things hollyoaks leave out but its got to unbeliveable for it to be a soap.

and also think of it like this I assume you live on a street so how many serial killers,rapists,dads sleeping with sons girlfriends,gangsters are there on your street because there sure are alot on corrie and that wins all the awards:)

Im so protective of hollyoaks -im sorry if it sounds like complete moaning

I meant the good times with Mel and Sophie, even if it's just laughing and joking about the mess in the flat or whatever.

And as for the 'Live on a street' comment.. I know the things that happen are unbelievable but, as you said, it IS a soap. I'm not saying they should get rid of the story lines altogether, but they should at least make it so you think it COULD happen, even if it would be incredibly unlucky and unlikely that somebody would live in a village with that high number of criminals!
All of the story lines you mentioned from Corrie had good foundations to them. We knew Danny was a womaniser already, he cheated on his wife to get with Frankie. And I seem to remember Richard Hillman, for example, being decidedly dodgy right from the beginning. I know the story lines in themselves are pretty unbelievable, but they make them seem believable with the well written scripts and good acting. Hollyoaks.. does not. :rolleyes:

bakedbean
31-10-2006, 20:00
Is Kathy leaving then becuse she is still here?