PDA

View Full Version : England vs Greece - Game Thoughts...

Jojo
16-08-2006, 20:48
What are your thoughts on England v Greece, the first with McClaren in charge.

I've only watched for 10 mins (at the moment 3-0) and they are looking like they are playing a lot better than when I watched the last World Cup match.

Seem to be moving around the pitch a lot more and making more use of the the spaces they have rather than this daft constant passing back to Robinson.

Are England showing promise under McClaren??

Edit: Make that 4-0 :eek: !!!

di marco
16-08-2006, 21:10
i think theyre playing a lot better. robinsons hardly touched it lol! i cant believe theyve got 4 goals already, but then again when you start to play better you get more goals, especially when the opposition arent playing that well and seem to be making silly mistakes

lollymay
16-08-2006, 22:05
first half was better than the second and it just shows that rooney, owen and beckham dont have to play in order for us to win!

di marco
17-08-2006, 10:12
what was the score in the end cos i only saw the first half?

Siobhan
17-08-2006, 10:14
what was the score in the end cos i only saw the first half?
No Idea but Ireland got her ass kicked by Holland (4:0) and they are already calling for the sacking of our manager (this was his first match as manager) :eek:

di marco
17-08-2006, 10:19
No Idea but Ireland got her ass kicked by Holland (4:0) and they are already calling for the sacking of our manager (this was his first match as manager) :eek:

oh dear that doesnt sound too good!

lollymay
17-08-2006, 10:29
it was 4-0 when i stopped watching it at about a minute
before the end!

di marco
17-08-2006, 10:33
it was 4-0 when i stopped watching it at about a minute
before the end!

oh right thanks, so they didnt manage to score any more goals i see!

Jojo
17-08-2006, 11:40
No, no more goals - Steve McClaren made all the subs he could, so I think the second half was more of a run out for newbies than anything else, to give them a feel for things. Had quite a few chances in the second half though, but all in all, considering I don't like football, England performed pretty well. Greece helped with their disastrous defending though lol

pookie1968uk
17-08-2006, 14:44
i thought england played pretty well, and definitely showed a lot more promise than they have done for a while. they seemed a lot more positive and this can only be good for future games.
good start for steve McClaren anyway.

xCharliex
17-08-2006, 15:09
I was actually in shock to see that idiot Lampard score!! wasn't even a good goal mind you but funny how he can score in a friendly and not score at all in the World Cup no matter how many opportunity he had!

Katy
19-08-2006, 15:47

I think Staunton is a good choice its a pity he didnt have a full squad with the injurys to Robbie Keane and dunne. did you here about him being attacked in Dublin before the game with some guy waving a gun at him.
Also Duff and Given made miraculas recoverys for Newcastles game today.

I caught the England game in a pub in Scotland where i was watching as neutral(the Scots were in Greece Shirts). It was a pity big Georgy Samaras didnt score I really rate him as a player but he had no service from the midfiels. How Greece are the Eurapean champions i dont know. Lampard and Terry both scored flucky goals lets hope there tired for tomorrow so City dont lose too badly. McLaren seems to be traqining them hard, also a pity about /Ashton breaking his ankle thats a big blow for the hammers.