PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale Launches Mobile Venture

Emmak2005
25-07-2006, 01:05
Emmerdale is pioneering a brand new initiative which allows viewers to buy music used in the soap via their mobile phones.

The first track to be made available is Alice and Sam’s wedding song 'Easy Come Easy Go' which was specially commissioned for the episode. The track will be heard again in Alice’s tragic final episode, which airs on Monday, July 31.

“It was an honour to write a song for such powerful and high-profile storyline," said singer/songwriter Rob Ellis. "Everybody knows someone who has gone through a heartbreaking situation like Sam and Alice. Seeing how James [Hooton] and Ursula [Holden-Gill] approached the subject was a great inspiration.” This isn’t the first time Rob has written a song for a high profile wedding, having performed one of his own songs at Guy Ritchie and Madonna’s wedding in 2000.

Series producer Kathleen Beedles commented: “When the song first appeared in the episode where Sam and Alice got married, a number of fans were desperate to get hold of the song and suggested a release for charity. Thanks to Rob Ellis’ generosity in waiving his royalties, we were able to go ahead with this great idea, donating all net profits to leukaemia research.”

Kathy Gillman, Leukaemia Research director of fundraising, added: “Emmerdale has done a wonderful job raising the profile of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and have approached it with a high level of sensitivity which gives a lot of people hope. The money raised from the release of the single will help more and more fight this disease."

Katy
25-07-2006, 12:04
Thats actually a realy really good idea and i reckon they could make a bit of money for Charity as well.

Richie_lecturer
26-07-2006, 23:25
No no no, Charity's already creamed off a load of people already. She doesn't need anymore money! :nono: :p

I wonder if you can get an Emmerdale ringtone. Imagine someone rings you in a supermarket and your phone goes "Doo da bee doo, doo doo doo doo doo da bee doo....". :eek:

Emmak2005
27-07-2006, 01:40
No no no, Charity's already creamed off a load of people already. She doesn't need anymore money! :nono: :p

I wonder if you can get an Emmerdale ringtone. Imagine someone rings you in a supermarket and your phone goes "Doo da bee doo, doo doo doo doo doo da bee doo....". :eek:

I don't think she meant Charity the character Richie. She meant the sort of charity where people raise funds for a good cause. lol.

Richie_lecturer
27-07-2006, 12:43
'tis OK I know. I was just being silly. :o :)