PDA

View Full Version : No future at Man Utd for Ronaldo??

Jojo
09-07-2006, 17:52
Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has said he sees no future for himself at Manchester United and wants to move to Spain's Primera Liga as soon as possible.

"I'm not going to stay at Manchester United," Ronaldo was quoted as saying in Spanish sports daily Marca on Sunday.

(Advertisement)
Ronaldo said the aftermath of the incident with club mate Wayne Rooney during Portugal's World Cup quarter-final win over England made it impossible for him to remain at United.

The winger ran 40 metres to protest to the referee about the foul on Ricardo Carvalho that saw the England striker sent off.

"After what happened with Rooney I can't remain there. In a couple of days I will have my future sorted out and I want to go to Real Madrid," the paper reported.

Portuguese newspaper Record quoted Ronaldo saying: "To be honest it has been difficult to think about continuing in England. They're making a storm in a teacup. It's difficult to return to a country where you're not welcome."

Marca's rival daily AS carried quotes from the 21-year-old also saying he wanted to quit the Premier League but leaving open the possibility of moving to Real's arch-rivals Barcelona.

"I don't want to stay in England," he was quoted as saying. "Everyone knows it is my dream to play in Spain.

"Real and Barca are the two teams I like and I will play for one of them. My agent will meet with the owner of Manchester United to sort out my situation.

"I don't think I've got the support of the owner or the manager (Alex Ferguson). Neither of them has backed me."

Last month Ronaldo aligned himself with Real Madrid presidential candidate Juan Miguel Villar Mir, saying he would try to join Real if the construction magnate won the election.

Villar Mir came third in the poll but Ronaldo has continued to be linked with the club.

Asked about the likelihood of Ronaldo joining Real in a news conference last Friday, newly-appointed coach Fabio Capello replied: "Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, but he belongs to Manchester. These things need to be talked about.

"It appears that he wants to come here and that is lucky for me. Nearly every player wants to play at this club. Let's see what happens."

Ronaldo joined United from Sporting in 2003 for $20.63 million (11.14 million pounds). He signed a contract extension last November that tied him to the club until 2010.

emma_strange
10-07-2006, 00:25
I know football is a big deal for a lot of people so sorry if i offend anyone.

I personally don't see why everyone is penalising Ronaldo. If it was the other way round, if he played for England everyone would still love him. England was a good team, but there were better. And the best team won. I just thik because England lost eeryone wanted someone to blame, so picked Ronaldo, even though, rationally, theres no justified reason for it.

xXxJessxXx
10-07-2006, 11:17
I do think that because he is not an english player then obviously people create for hate for him. People tend to be biassed agiasnt the team they like or like england that is your country. There is nothing wrong with that, everyone does it and its supporting your country but obviously there are some things you have to face even if its not in your favour.

If it was the other way round, if he played for England everyone would still love him.

I wouldnt. I am not like that. I think Ronaldo is a good player and he is young and very talented. But even if he was in our team and he did play for england i couldnt excuse his decisions for diving and cheating. There are players that play for England who i extremly dont like at all even though they play for my country. Just because they are english doesnt mean I imediatly take a liking to them. I dont think i'm the only one who thinks like this either.

I think its fair that people are attcking him. He doesnt do anything to gain or deserve people's respect. Although knowing i have an extremly soft and sensitive side i do tend to feel sorry for him from time to time when they boo him with he has the ball for example. It wasnt even in the game agaisnt england that caused my hatred for him so much, it was the game agaisnt france. No one can excuse the fact that he dives all over the place. Its not fair football and its not the way to go about winning.

Xx-Vicky-xX
10-07-2006, 11:30
I do think that because he is not an english player then obviously people create for hate for him. People tend to be biassed agiasnt the team they like or like england that is your country. There is nothing wrong with that, everyone does it and its supporting your country but obviously there are some things you have to face even if its not in your favour.

Yes sompe people are bias but its not just English people who have been booing him i doubt many english people stayed when we got knocked out so the booing was probably from other countries aswell like the incedent i know about was Portugal V France so it was probably French people booing him along with a few German as i bet there were German's rthere seeing as thats where the matches were so its not all bias.

Pixie
10-07-2006, 16:35
I dislike him but not because he was involved in the bit where Roony got sent off but because I don't like his attitude. He always seems to be diving loads in matches which is not playing football properly. Also he did provoke Roony. I'm glad he's leaving Man U cause in my opinion he's not wanted there

.:SpIcYsPy:.
11-07-2006, 18:48
I probably wouldn't hate him so much but he WINKED :eek: :p after Rooney got sent off!!

Apparently, it was planned to get Rooney sent off too.. :searchme: