PDA

View Full Version : Who should take over from Beckham as captain?

di marco
04-07-2006, 08:45
i thought id start a thread about this cos people had started talking about it in the world cup thread

so yeh any comments you want to make about beckham resigning, and also who do you think should be the next england captain?

Katy
04-07-2006, 08:53
John Terry its pretty obvious, he does such a great job at the Chelsea. He has all the captain attributes and he is at the back so can see everything infront of him.

willow
04-07-2006, 10:35
i think it is going to be john terry, but i would love it to be michael owen

Jessie Wallace
04-07-2006, 13:12
I think it should be Steven Gerrard, but i'm sure it'll be Terry. I think Gerrard would be better tho.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-07-2006, 17:06
It's going to be Terry but I would prefer Gerrard!!

Meh
04-07-2006, 17:20
In my opinion, it has to be Gerrard. Terry is good, but he is surrounded by the creme de la creme of world class players which makes his job much easier.

Beckham resigning as captain has come too late. Personally, I would have dropped him for the world cup. I really don't think he ever had the qualities of a captain. England needs to look forward and we can only do that by dropping the dead donkeys.

pookie1968uk
04-07-2006, 19:36
i think it should be gerrard but then i am biased as i support liverpool!
he is a fantastic captain for liverpool and when he played in the matches for england even though beckham was on the pitch gerrard was rallying them around, encouraging them etc.

xCharliex
04-07-2006, 22:32
John Terry of course, he has been in the game longer than Gerrard! and he always plays brilliantly!!

Pixie
05-07-2006, 01:22
John Terry or Steven Gerrard, I'd thing they'd both good

xXxJessxXx
06-07-2006, 13:25
I think Gerard or I'd love to see it be Owen. lol. But i think it ill be Terry and i think he'll do a great job!

By the way is beckham leaving the england team all together or just giving up the captain role?:hmm:

di marco
06-07-2006, 20:04
By the way is beckham leaving the england team all together or just giving up the captain role?:hmm:

i dont think hes leaving the england squad (well unless hes dropped anyway), he just resigned as captain

Lindy
07-07-2006, 00:24
Gerrard, Owen in previous days but right now yeh it's gotta be Gerrard.

Xx-Vicky-xX
07-07-2006, 09:40
Ive put Stevie Gerrard but i would like it to be Owen he has done so much for the team in the past he would be fab, but i dont think it will be so the next person i would like is Stevie

Layne
07-07-2006, 19:22
Gerrard deffinatly. He is a world class player. And is a good lad. he is also captin for Liverpool (:cheer:) so knows what to do etc.

x Amby x
10-07-2006, 16:15
Its got to be Sexy Stevie! lol

xxOSRxx
10-07-2006, 16:42
tbh i think john terry should have been captain for this world cup ye beckham knows what he's doing but so does terry hes captin of chelsea tehrfore know's what to do where as beckham comes from real madrdi and is ot captain there so is not used to telling everyone where to be and keeping everyone in ordeer

Em
10-07-2006, 22:48
Gerrard without a doubt - Neville doesnt have enough experiance and too many injury worries, Terry doesnt have that much experiance, and as NB says he has the best players in the world with him so it doesnt take much! Owen again not enough experiance.

Gerrard seems like a sound lad who hasnt let fameget to him.

Will be sad to see Beck so and god forbid he's dropped- that man is the most gorgeous thing i think i have ever seen, and has looked stunnign this whole world cup. posh is one lucky chick!

Pixie
10-07-2006, 23:17
I dont think it should be Owen cause although he's a good footballer I dont think he's got the right personality to be able to captain the team and take charge

Meh
11-07-2006, 01:37
Zidane summed it up nicely for me. He said "we die together" and that's what a captain needs to instill in his team