PDA

View Full Version : Penalty shootouts like them or loathe them?

Siobhan
22-06-2006, 14:20
I wanted to take this out of the world cup perdiction game. So what do you think of penalty shoot out? Personally I love them.. there is so much tension and it think it is a good way to decide a game

just as an aside.. this the the formula for a perfect penalty It's: (((X + Y + S) / 2) x ((T + I + 2B) / 4)) + (V/2) -1.

In the formula V = velocity of ball once struck and T = time between placing ball on spot and striking the ball.

S = number of steps in run-up to strike, while I = time that the ball is struck after goalkeeper initiates his dive.

Y = vertical placement of ball from ground, X = horizontal placement of ball from centre and B = striking position of boot.

di marco
22-06-2006, 14:23
i love watching them when its any other team apart from england lol! i like them cos theyre exciting and in a short space of time it decides who wins and who loses, however i hate watching them with england cos theyre always nervewracking and what makes it even worse is england are useless at them!

pookie1968uk
22-06-2006, 14:45
hate them, they are too tense for me, if england or liverpool are playing i usually leave the room!!!!

di marco
22-06-2006, 14:51
hate them, they are too tense for me, if england or liverpool are playing i usually leave the room!!!!

so i take it you left the room when the fa cup final was on?! i was shouting at the tv hoping it would go onto a penalty shootout lol!

Meh
22-06-2006, 14:58
Penalty shootouts are so unfair, but yet I love them. I wouldn't say they are totally fair, but they are much better than the Golden Goal rule.

pookie1968uk
22-06-2006, 17:33
so i take it you left the room when the fa cup final was on?! i was shouting at the tv hoping it would go onto a penalty shootout lol!
i was in and out the room the whole time and in the champions league final the other year lol!!! :lol:

shannisrules
22-06-2006, 17:58
i love watching them just not when england plays lol but they are really tense and makes the game worth watching

Katy
23-06-2006, 17:31
i hate Penaltys full stop, the tension is unvelievable. They are great for memoarable moments, ill never forget winning the shootout against Gillingham to get promoted into Division 1. What a day.

di marco
23-06-2006, 17:41
ill never forget winning the shootout against Gillingham to get promoted into Division 1. What a day.

me neither lol grrrrrrrrrrr! :angry:

Kim
23-06-2006, 21:42
I hate them. I even hate the ones that are just for fun at the school fete.