PDA

View Full Version : 'Neighbours' moves aside for sporting events

scizophonic
02-06-2006, 13:50
found this on digital spy

'Neighbours' moves aside for sporting events
Friday, June 2 2006, 02:03 BST - by Kris Green

Australian soap Neighbours will be moved in the schedules over the coming weeks to make way for the World Cup and annual British sporting events.

The soccer tournament whitewashes BBC One's schedules, either pushing the show back to one lunchtime episode a day or, on some occasions, none at all.

On top of the World Cup, Royal Ascot week (June 19-23) combines to disrupt the programming further, resulting in only an evening showing for the duration.

Finally, Wimbledon ensures the soap is put on its yearly two-week break between June 26 and July 7.

Last year, the broadcaster's decision to relegate Neighbours to a teatime-only slot lost the show almost two million viewers for the week.

Emmerdale will also receive a similar treatment when it is moved to a 10pm slot for at least a week.

willsmummy
02-06-2006, 19:25
But they can't!!! Don't they know I time my son's nap so I can watch it in peace with my lunch??? How can they? What will I do now!!! :D

Hopes
02-06-2006, 23:26
What has happened to the bbc neighbours website?

www.bbc.co.uk/neighbours

If you click on that link (which you'll see for yourself that i typed correctly) is simply not working anymore, why?

lollymay
03-06-2006, 08:48
What has happened to the bbc neighbours website?

www.bbc.co.uk/neighbours

If you click on that link (which you'll see for yourself that i typed correctly) is simply not working anymore, why?

the link works for me.

typical that is just when i really get into neighbours aswell.

Mrs Bump
03-06-2006, 22:17
now seems to be www.bbc.co.uk/drama/neighbours

Katy
04-06-2006, 09:18
tehy always move it for the sporting events i suppose they cant help it as its live so neighbours can afford to be put back. The BBC nowadays make the most of the sports that they get as usually they are outbid by sky.

FROGGY
13-06-2006, 09:00
No Neighbours today because of football - ok, I suppose :thumbsdow - but the lunchtime N is replaced by SOUTH KOREA -V- TOGO!! I mean, seriously, is anyone actually going to be watching this match??:wall: