PDA

View Full Version : Sport Relief Mile

di marco
31-05-2006, 12:15
is anyone going to run the mile for sports relief? i wanted to but no one would do it with me lol! :(

Chloe O'brien
31-05-2006, 12:24
I'm not doing the sports relief mile as I don't know if they're having an event in Edinburgh, But I am running the race for life for Cancer Research on Sunday 4 June. The run is 3 & 1/2 miles me and Marley are both doing it so wish us luck.

di marco
31-05-2006, 12:28
I'm not doing the sports relief mile as I don't know if they're having an event in Edinburgh, But I am running the race for life for Cancer Research on Sunday 4 June. The run is 3 & 1/2 miles me and Marley are both doing it so wish us luck.

oh wow good luck, id like to do something like that, but no one ever wants to do it with me lol!

Siobhan
31-05-2006, 12:42
We have the woman's mini maraton in Dublin on the 5th of June.. all women are welcome and lots of men who dress as women.. it is all for charity and it is roughly a 10 mile run

Layne
31-05-2006, 12:59
I'm all booked in to doing the mile in Nottingham, i was meant to be doing it with a mate but she can't make it now, so i am doing it on my own :(

Tamzi
01-06-2006, 18:45
I am going to do the Birmingham mile, but I am trying to find out which of my friends actually wants to run it to!
xxx

Layne
01-06-2006, 19:49
I am going to do the Birmingham mile, but I am trying to find out which of my friends actually wants to run it to!
xxx

Now if only i had booked to do the Birmingham mile instead, we could of ran together :rolleyes: Why did i book nottingham anyway tis further away!

Xx-Vicky-xX
01-06-2006, 20:19
I was going to go to Leeds and do it with my mates but im probably on holiday then :(

Tori
01-06-2006, 20:55
i'm doing the manchester one and i found out today one of my mates is doing it, so that'll be cool

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-07-2006, 20:45
So guys!! How did it go?! :D x

Tori
15-07-2006, 20:52
it was alright, a bit hot, and i was in A, so i wonder what it was like later! i swear it was longer than a mile but oh well!

Abbie
15-07-2006, 21:41
I did do it but i just want to say well done to everyone who did.

Kim
15-07-2006, 23:41
I have to pay a pound and do it at school. Not looking forward to it, it will take forever and make me look like a laughing stock because I have cerebal palsy.

pinkles14
17-07-2006, 00:09
My daughter had to pay a pound and do it at school parents were allowed to do it too so i payed a pound and did it with her..

Kim
17-07-2006, 18:49
I refused to do the mile and my parents were supportive of that.

alkalinetrio
18-07-2006, 17:48
well done to the people who done it! what is cerebal palsy?

Jojo
18-07-2006, 17:51
well done to the people who done it! what is cerebal palsy? Cerebral palsy is a combination of chronic conditions affecting muscle coordination and body movement and is caused by damage to certain areas of the brain usually occurring in the early stages of life or during development of the fetus. Therefore, it is an aftereffect of damage to motor areas in the brain controlling movement or posture rather than damage to individual muscles.

Cerebral palsy is a non-progressive condition; however, certain other side effects such as muscle spasticity can develop at later stages and can get progressively worse or improve depending on the specifics of person's condition. Cerebral palsy is not a disease and therefore can not be communicated from one person to another.

Some of the following effects of cerebral palsy can occur depending on the particular area of the brain that has been affected:
involuntary movement
speech impairment
seizures
mental retardation
bladder and bowel control
muscle spasticity
difficulties in feeding or swallowing
learning disabilities
impairment of sight or hearing
abnormal sensation and perception

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-07-2006, 19:09
Cerebral palsy is a combination of chronic conditions affecting muscle coordination and body movement and is caused by damage to certain areas of the brain usually occurring in the early stages of life or during development of the fetus. Therefore, it is an aftereffect of damage to motor areas in the brain controlling movement or posture rather than damage to individual muscles.

Cerebral palsy is a non-progressive condition; however, certain other side effects such as muscle spasticity can develop at later stages and can get progressively worse or improve depending on the specifics of person's condition. Cerebral palsy is not a disease and therefore can not be communicated from one person to another.

Some of the following effects of cerebral palsy can occur depending on the particular area of the brain that has been affected:
involuntary movement
speech impairment
seizures
mental retardation
bladder and bowel control
muscle spasticity
difficulties in feeding or swallowing
learning disabilities
impairment of sight or hearing
abnormal sensation and perception

A boy at college had it and me and my mate became mates with him and he told me once that he used to be able to walk fine with it but he had some kind of operation and suddenly he lost the use of his legs and is now stuck in a wheel chair with mindless people taking the mick, before the operation no one ever knew he had anything wrong with him but now all he gets is stick

Kim
18-07-2006, 19:20
A boy at college had it and me and my mate became mates with him and he told me once that he used to be able to walk fine with it but he had some kind of operation and suddenly he lost the use of his legs and is now stuck in a wheel chair with mindless people taking the mick, before the operation no one ever knew he had anything wrong with him but now all he gets is stick

He must get the stick real bad, I get enough of it and the only difficulties I've got because of it are in swallowing and muscle spasticity.

diamond1
18-07-2006, 23:36
aww why would anyone give someone stick over that?? thats disgusting he cant help it if they got cerebal palsy im so annoyed that people would actually poke fun at someone like that....its understandable if a little kid does it the dont know any better but teenagers/adults shouldnt take the mick at all

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-07-2006, 13:59
He must get the stick real bad, I get enough of it and the only difficulties I've got because of it are in swallowing and muscle spasticity.

Yeh he gets really fed up with it, in our class there were 20 people 5 of them were girls and only 2 of us had anything to do with this boy the rest of the girls just didnt get involved were to busy with their own stuff, the rest of the class were boys who all took the mick out of this boy, even his best mate took the side of the mean boys of the boy in the wheelchair

Kim
20-07-2006, 14:18
I've had something similar to that, my mate, who was my best mate at the time made friends with the girl that started all of the bullying, and was constantly ditching me at school for her.

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-07-2006, 14:40
I've had something similar to that, my mate, who was my best mate at the time made friends with the girl that started all of the bullying, and was constantly ditching me at school for her.

Well this boy made a mistake in telling one boy he doesnt support any team for the world cup (even England) and that he just watches and is totally neutral well of course being mainly boys there was uproar and they took the mick all the time calling him names thinking his an easy target being in a wheel chair, his best mate would tell the nasty boys stuff that the wheel chair told me and my mate about football and not likeing any specific team just so it would stirr things up, he wasnt an easy target though he was lethal in that wheel chair if someone started he would chase them and ram them with it, he had been in a wheel chair so long he was confident about going fast anf fighting back.

Kim
20-07-2006, 14:47
Good for him. No-one should have to put up with that, it is personal choice whether you support a specific team or not.

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-07-2006, 14:54
Good for him. No-one should have to put up with that, it is personal choice whether you support a specific team or not.

Yeh totally, its a shame some of them boys didnt take the time to get to know he is just like anyone else just he cant walk