PDA

View Full Version : Grant Returns

Bryan
27-05-2006, 13:29
Various sites are claiming Ross Kemp is going to return to Eastenders yet again later in the year to reprise his role of Grant Mitchell.

The sources are his interview on the Paul O Grady show and an interview backstage at the Soap Awards on ITV2.

Ross is signed up to the BBC to do directing work on Casualty and Holby City so this is not totally unimaginable. He also stated how much he enjoyed his current stint.

As much as i like Grant/Ross this is getting ridiculous. How many more storylines will he disrupt and long lasting coiuple will he split up. The scriptwriters have to keep drafting his sensatioinal returns and exits, and of course the taxpayers are paying for him to come back time and time again. If he wants to stay then he should stay full time or not bother!

The only advantages i see to Ross returning are the potential return of Carla and Courtney, who I believe are the future of Eastenders!!!

Kim
27-05-2006, 13:36
He's getting worse than Sharon at these returns but I do like the character.

Dutchgirl
27-05-2006, 13:47
Well they could make his character a recurring one, as they do in American soaps, but I agree they should not exaggerate his paychecks.

alan45
27-05-2006, 20:42
This is getting ridiculous why dont they just put a revolving door on Gwants dressing room door just like the one they have for Miss Piggy

shannisrules
27-05-2006, 20:49
ye im sure he does return because in all about soap i was reading about carla's entrance and exit and how grant leaves but will be back

Chris_2k11
27-05-2006, 20:52
Zzzzzzzz... go back to Brazil Grant! :lweek:

Florijo
27-05-2006, 20:53
I'd rather he didn't to be honest. I haven't liked his return this time around. The one last October was cool but this one has been so boring, the storyline he has been involved in has been rubbish, imo. All he has done is have a thing with Jane and sleep with a teenage girl. How exciting.

Richie_lecturer
27-05-2006, 21:20
Yawn, why doesn't he just go for a swim in the piranha infested Amazon to snub out any chance of returning.

Bryan
27-05-2006, 21:23
Yawn, why doesn't he just go for a swim in the piranha infested Amazon to snub out any chance of returning.

I wish they'd invent an off screen death for him as they did with Kathy. At least then we can see a possible return of Courtney and Carla, two characters with enormous potential in Eastenders.

Jojo
27-05-2006, 21:28
Various sites are claiming Ross Kemp is going to return to Eastenders yet again later in the year to reprise his role of Grant Mitchell.

The sources are his interview on the Paul O Grady show and an interview backstage at the Soap Awards on ITV2.

Ross is signed up to the BBC to do directing work on Casualty and Holby City so this is not totally unimaginable. He also stated how much he enjoyed his current stint.

As much as i like Grant/Ross this is getting ridiculous. How many more storylines will he disrupt and long lasting coiuple will he split up. The scriptwriters have to keep drafting his sensatioinal returns and exits, and of course the taxpayers are paying for him to come back time and time again. If he wants to stay then he should stay full time or not bother!

The only advantages i see to Ross returning are the potential return of Carla and Courtney, who I believe are the future of Eastenders!!! This is just like Letitia Dean - they should both head off to somewhere as far away from Walford as possible - they both seem to think they can command when they make appearances etc and they are both tosh actors - sorry but EE has completely gone down the drain over the past months and to find out the people are coming and going like this is just plain ridiculous.

callummc
29-05-2006, 01:36
Ee are building up ross kemps ego even more,like shane ritchie he beleives he is their salvation,personally i have not enjoyed the mitchells return,how they are winning awards i dont understand and i am fast losing interest,charectors are coming and going as if there's a revolving door at elstree,having had said that people do return home to visit family but if i remember rightly i thought that the police or gangsters or both were after grant so why arnt his family bothered for his safty,why do they want him to stay in walford,why has no one mentioned anything

alan45
29-05-2006, 07:42
i thought that the police or gangsters or both were after grant so why arnt his family bothered for his safty,why do they want him to stay in walford,why has no one mentioned anything Just another of the inconsistencies of the stories at EE, just as how all Phils crimes were forgoten about or half the Met got at by Gwant to change their stories or how a dead man can be rased from the dead or how Letitia Dean dosent work in EE during the Panto season. There are loads of examples where complete storylines and characters are changed to suit the current thinking of some whizzkid writer of PC rubbish better suited to Ceebeebis

lollymay
29-05-2006, 07:47
I really like the caracter but i wish hed stay put or leave altogether.

alan45
29-05-2006, 07:51
I think this article from the Daily Mirror sums it up well

GRUNT'S TROUBLE 'N' STRIFE
His cheating Brazilian wife Carla begs him to give their marriage another chance
Never let it be said that Grunt Mitchell doesn't have a way with terms of endearment - especially about his stunning Brazilian wife, Carla. Yep, this is another beauty and the beast story!

According to him, she is "a lying, cheating, deceitful, two-timing slut". But Peggy loves the daughter-in-law who turned up last night, Courtney loathes her, and Grunt's had enough of his trouble 'n' strife.

"Don't bother," he tells her as she prepares a romantic candle-lit dinner on Monday night and slips into a figure-hugging red dress to try and seduce Tweedledumber.

"I know you an' I know your little games. So you fink I'm the kinda guy that forgives 'is wife for sleepin' around? Look, it's over, just accept it."

Although he knows Carla was having an affair with a man called Ray in Rio until three weeks ago, that he has pledged to Courtney he will never get back with the wicked step-mother, and that he has secretly slept with Ian's missus Jane, and "foxy" 19-year-old Chelsea, he still succumbs to Carla's latin lover charms.

But with spoilt little madam Courtney having a tantrum when she sees them in bed together the following morning, and Peggy happily bustling in with mugs of tea, Grunt realises that domestic bliss is not for him. "I knew this was a mistake," he tells Carla, all but throwing her out of bed.

Quite how a middle-aged, out-of-condition slaphead could pass up on the most beautiful woman ever to slip under his duvet is a mystery.

Firstly, Grunt claims that it's because she has betrayed him. Secondly, because she and daughter Courtney don't get on - but then that applies to most people who find mouthy, precocious nine-year-olds obnoxious anyway. Finally, he still has the hots for Jane.

"Talking ifs, buts an' maybes, right?" he says to her in the cafe. "If fings were different, do you fink you could be with me?"

"The answer would be yes, but," Jane begins. "I think you an' me would be great. Magical, perfect, all the fings that two people should be. But I can't see how we can get anywhere near it, without hurtin' all these people. I'm with someone, you're with someone, an' there are all these kids involved!"

"So it's a no?" Grunt jumps in abruptly. "Yer gunna leave me to the mad Brazilian?"

"Fraid so."

Before you can say "There's an awful lot of coffee in Brazil", Grunt has come up with a new scheme for family harmony. Along with son Matty who Carla has left in Rio, they will all go and live in Portugal.

Strangely, the sneaky wife is reluctant to return to Brazil to tie up their business there, say goodbye to friends, or even collect her own son. So maybe he will be Fed Ex'd to the sunny Algarve in due course.

"Please give me another chance," Carla begs Grant. "Everything I said to you I meant. From the bottom of my heart, I just want to be with you."

And if he believes that, he's a bigger mug than we thought!

callummc
29-05-2006, 11:56
Just another of the inconsistencies of the stories at EE, just as how all Phils crimes were forgoten about or half the Met got at by Gwant to change their stories or how a dead man can be rased from the dead or how Letitia Dean dosent work in EE during the Panto season. There are loads of examples where complete storylines and characters are changed to suit the current thinking of some whizzkid writer of PC rubbish better suited to Ceebeebisthings are worse in grants case cos at least with the others they brought up why they went and tried to explain maybe unbeleivable but at least the time was taken to try and come up with reasons for their returns etc,acceptable cos its only a soap,but in grants case they havn't even bothered,

dddMac1
29-05-2006, 15:45
i hope Ross kemp does come back also Carla and Courtney as well

alan45
29-05-2006, 15:53
i hope Ross kemp does come back also Carla and Courtney as well What do you want him to come back as next time??? Grunt the bald thug, or Gwant the new kind considerate all round thoughtful nice guy:rolleyes:

DaVeyWaVey
29-05-2006, 20:45

The only advantages i see to Ross returning are the potential return of Carla and Courtney, who I believe are the future of Eastenders!!!

I have to agree with your statement, Carla and Courtney are the future of Eastenders, Carla is a wonderful addition and Courtney is an annoying character but that's what her character is meant to be so she is obviously playing her character well. :)

I wish Grant would just make his mind up, he is either staying or going!!!

Kim
29-05-2006, 21:44
I have to agree with your statement, Carla and Courtney are the future of Eastenders, Carla is a wonderful addition and Courtney is an annoying character but that's what her character is meant to be so she is obviously playing her character well. :)

Yeah, him and Sharon are obviously a match made in heaven.

Bryan
30-05-2006, 11:25

Courtney is the spitting image of Janine at that age - full of cheak and rotten to the core, if we got to see Courtney grow up in Walford she would turn into the next bitch in Walford - of which they severly lack at the moment.

Last night's episode sparkled with Carla, she might not be the best actress in the world but she certainly spiced up the screen. An exotic and interesting character is just what Eastenders needs, someone who stands out in the crowd. She clearly has a really bitchy element about her to rival and even beat Tracy Luv in coronation street and Sadie in Emmerdale. I am going to look forward to her 8 episode stint and can only hope that they bring her back full time in the near future!

I think if Grant returns next time around he should get killed off - fans can they remember the legend without havign to remember countless returns that didnt work. The death would be a ratings grabber and possibly one of Eastenders finest storylines. It would also give a reason for Cournety and Carla staying in Walford.

Richie_lecturer
30-05-2006, 15:59
She clearly has a really bitchy element about her to rival and even beat Tracy Luv in coronation street and Sadie in Emmerdale.
To be fair, that's not difficult. :o

Kim
14-06-2006, 16:24
This is probably true as in soaplife it says that if Grant isn't back by the end of the year then the Vic isn't in Albert Square.

crazygirl
15-06-2006, 13:54
i dont think grant will return! there is no need for him now and ross kemp does not need the money plus isnt he quite busy with casualty and other stuff

JustJodi
15-06-2006, 14:30
i dont think grant will return! there is no need for him now and ross kemp does not need the money plus isnt he quite busy with casualty and other stuff

CASUALTY ???????? :searchme: Is he going to become a full time doc there or something ?? Did I miss something here ??????????????

littlemo
15-06-2006, 14:38
CASUALTY ???????? :searchme: Is he going to become a full time doc there or something ?? Did I miss something here ??????????????

No he's doing some directing. That was part of his deal with the BBC. He'd get to produce some shows and get involved with things behind the camera, as well as in front of it.

I think he'll come back to EE. He seems to get a bit restless, wanting to do different things and I think that's a good thing. But I think he enjoys being at EE.

JustJodi
15-06-2006, 14:42
Well if Leita Dean and Steve McFadden can take off whenever they want for Panto or whatever,, I guess Ross could do the same,, would be neat if he was brought back when Sharon is there with the baby??
Wonder what sort of Casualty or Holby character Ross would make ??
He would make a real scary doctor with a crappy bedside manner :rotfl:

crazygirl
15-06-2006, 15:48
Well if Leita Dean and Steve McFadden can take off whenever they want for Panto or whatever,, I guess Ross could do the same,, would be neat if he was brought back when Sharon is there with the baby??
Wonder what sort of Casualty or Holby character Ross would make ??
He would make a real scary doctor with a crappy bedside manner :rotfl: he can be my doctor anytime i wouldnt mind him doing a internal examination on me :lol:

bex_t
01-07-2006, 11:58
I for one want to see him and Courtney return (not Carla though). They are both great characters, and I really enjoyed the Jane/Grant storyline, and think there's much more they could do with this.

soapyclean
02-07-2006, 11:28
I don't want to see Carla as she is nothing without Grant and Courtney, if something happened to Grant then Courtney would come and live with nan and uncle Phil.

We don't need another Janine, her character changed that many times we didn't know if she was coming or going.