PDA

View Full Version : House

.:SpIcYsPy:.
12-05-2006, 14:51
Who here watches House? I watched it twice now and it's really good!! I love it :thumbsup:

angelblue
14-05-2006, 18:27
OMG spicy i absoutely love this show since season 1 it is fanastic my favourite show ever. :cheer:

Okay seriously need to get a grip :o

Trinity
15-05-2006, 12:13
I haven't missed an episode since the start of series one. Hugh Lawrie is sooo good.

angelblue
15-05-2006, 20:18
I havent either even brought season one on dvd. :thumbsup:

30-06-2006, 20:00
Ok... what actually happened to thingy at the end? After we saw him uncontrolably cutting someone..

I still don't know their names, as you can see :lol:

emma172
30-06-2006, 21:29
Ok... what actually happened to thingy at the end? After we saw him uncontrolably cutting someone..

I still don't know their names, as you can see :lol:

I love House!!!! its one of my favourite shows ever lol :D

I assume you're talking about the season finale lol

SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON FINALE (just in case lol)

House realised when he was talking to the guy that shot him that nothing made any sense. (ie, his leg working, seeing a dead woman and the tounge man's symptoms) So he decided that the only way it could make sense was if he was imagining the whole thing. He feared that if he didn't get it under control, he would never wake up, and the only way to make himself wake up was to make the delusion seem impossible to him, so his brain would register the fact it was just a dream or delusion and wake him up. The best way he could think of doing that was delibritly "killing" the patient, which would provve to him that that world wasn't real. Chase, Cameron and Foreman (the assitants) tried to stop him because thats what he knew they would do if it was real life so he imagined them trying to stop him. For all of 2 seconds, when he didn't wake up immediately, House actually thought that he'd killed the patiant (as i did, I confess :lol: ) then, when he saw the patiant drop the bullet which he knew he couldnt possibly have, he woke up, and realised, he was right, the whole thing had been a dream/delusion or whatever. It was back to the start just after he had been shot

hope that clears things up. i actually confused myself for a while there lol

angelblue
30-06-2006, 22:59
Did anyone else find that robot scene creppy with Cameron :o

emma172
01-07-2006, 12:35
Did anyone else find that robot scene creppy with Cameron :o

yeah a little lol, but I want them to get together so I didn't mind too much.

01-07-2006, 13:35
Thank-you!! That really cleared everything up!! :bow: Thanks!!

Was that the last episode btw?? x Like forever?..

angelblue
01-07-2006, 17:44
yeah a little lol, but I want them to get together so I didn't mind too much.

Sorry but i really dont want House with her.

emma172
01-07-2006, 18:13
Thank-you!! That really cleared everything up!! :bow: Thanks!!

Was that the last episode btw?? x Like forever?..

i think its starting again next year

Sorry but i really dont want House with her.
Yeah, a lot of my friends don't. I think most people don't, I'm just different like that lol

So what's everyones' favourite characters?

Mines House (of course)and Wilson

angelblue
01-07-2006, 18:24
i think its starting again next year

Yeah, a lot of my friends don't. I think most people don't, I'm just different like that lol

So what's everyones' favourite characters?

Mines House (of course)and Wilson

There are a lot of Cameron/House fan and I mean a lot. If you look on the House website you will see

But for me it just doesn’t work for me I am afraid I think House is such a great show that I don’t want to see something so obvious.

Oh i love House/Wilson friendship :wub:

Bryan
01-06-2008, 16:03
just watched the pliot, got 4 series to watch over the summer

not a bad start to the series, nifty how it all comes together at the end

hugh laurie has a good role there, shall watch a few more and see how it goes.

Abigail
01-06-2008, 18:50
As you probably know, I LOVE House. I can't wait for S4 to come out on DVD, even if it is $42. It's out 19th August in US, region free if anybody is wondering.

Season three is spoilt somewhat by Tritter. I've started to fast forward all the Tritter bits because they're boring.

I've already watched Season four finale. I think it's the best one yet.

My favourite episodes are s1e4 Maternity and s3e21 Family. Family is so sad, I cry every time but it's also one of the funniest episodes too.

Bryan
03-06-2008, 21:52
:heart:ing house more and more by the episode, it's just such a cleverly constructred show, how everything fits in to place by the end of the episode, it's never what you'd first expect it to be!

omg Maternity was sad with the dead baby, almost cried :(!!!

Abigail
04-06-2008, 01:27
Maternity is excellent. I still haven't figured out if Cameron did have a baby. Later on in the series House reads Cameron's file and finds that she took folic acid. He says something like "you can't be prescribed folic acid if you haven't been pregnant and you can't lose a baby if you've never been pregnant."

StarsOfCCTV
05-06-2008, 01:43
I've watched the first three episodes of series 1. I can see why you love house :p It's a great show. I love his dry humour and brute honesty, the things he says are really funny sometimes :lol: :p

Perdita
05-06-2008, 10:49
Careful now, don't praise him too much, Abigail is very possessive of him :lol:

Abigail
05-06-2008, 13:53
Yeah Kasple, hands off!! :ninja:

Season four new episode is on tonight, 9pm channel 5.

StarsOfCCTV
05-06-2008, 14:31
Don't worry he's still your's Abigail :lol:

It is addictive though. Watched House until 5.30 :lol: :o

Abigail
14-06-2008, 23:25
I love the shared custody of Wilson by House and Amber :lol: Exactly the idea House would come up with.

I've downloaded season four so I'm watching that at the moment, it's quite funny watching the Survivor arc again. I found it irritating when I first watched the episodes but its brill now.

StarsOfCCTV
14-06-2008, 23:53
I've just downloaded series 2. Trying to catch up :p

Abigail
14-06-2008, 23:55
I love Sela Ward as Stacey. Her and Greg (as she calls him) are great together.

StarsOfCCTV
14-06-2008, 23:58
I love Sela Ward as Stacey. Her and Greg (as she calls him) are great together.

Yeah :D Shame she got married again. I was halfway through the last episode of Series 1 when I had to go out. I'll watch the rest after this film :p

Abigail
15-06-2008, 00:01
I won't spoil season two for you but I wish House hadn't changed his mind about her. Although I do feel jealous when I see them together.

The episodes after Stacey leaves are good when House stops caring.

StarsOfCCTV
18-06-2008, 01:56
Autopsy is a good episode. I get what you mean about Chase kissing Andi...really wrong :S

I liked House's conversation with Andi though...but it was so sad too :(

Abigail
18-06-2008, 16:05
House talking to Andi makes me cry every time I watch that episode.

Abigail
19-06-2008, 10:11
Season 1 is currently airing every day at 12.45pm on Five. The pilot was yesterday, second episode today.

StarsOfCCTV
21-06-2008, 19:14
Tonight:
End of Series 2 - 4 episodes back to back starting at 9pm on Five US :D

Bryan
21-06-2008, 19:31
i've had to give up watching for a while, it was too much to watch one a day. My friend warned me it'd get like that, he said i should only watch a couple a week otherwise they get all samey.

StarsOfCCTV
22-06-2008, 02:00
I'm completely the opposite I can't get enough :lol:

I just watched the Series 2 finale where house gets shot. I am totally confused. So he was hallucinating the whole thing? He was hallucinating the hallucinations? :lol: Abigail help me out :p

Abigail
18-07-2008, 00:14
I just watched the Series 2 finale where house gets shot. I am totally confused. So he was hallucinating the whole thing? He was hallucinating the hallucinations? Abigail help me out

Just found your post.

The hallucinations started right after he got shot. The whole episode was one long hallucination, until the end when he realised he was hallucinating (no idea how). The only way to stop the hallucination was to make it real (or not real, it's a while since I saw the episode) so he started playing with the robotic operating machine thing. The hallucination stopped when he killed the patient with the blown up tongue.

Then it cut to House being rushed into A&E and him saying to tell Cuddy he wanted to be in a ketamine induced coma. Refer to earlier in the episode when House reads his surgery notes why.

Abigail
18-07-2008, 00:17
:D:D:D:D:D

Season five promos. Will obviously contain spoilers.

YouTube - House MD Promotional Video - Season 5

This one has scenes from S4

YouTube - House MD Season 5 Promo

StarsOfCCTV
22-07-2008, 18:44
Haven't had time to watch House over the past few weeks! :( But from thursday I have 10 days free. :D

I was watching an Spin today this made me laugh a lot :lol:
Dr. House: What makes a guy start drooling? Chase, were you wearing your short shorts?

StarsOfCCTV
05-09-2008, 02:07
:eek: They're all gone :crying: :( (Just watched episode 3 finale).

At least Cuddy and Wilson are still there.

Edit: Forgot to add, Wilson on amphetamines was one of the funniest things of the season :lol:

A very good series...I'm going to start watching season 4 tomorrow :D What episode is it up to on the tv? Or has it already finished?

Abigail
06-09-2008, 21:10
Season four finished a few months ago. There are no plans to repeat it on Five or Five US yet. Its just been released on DVD though.

Season five begins next Tuesday in America.

StarsOfCCTV
06-09-2008, 21:15

Season fours good so far. I'm on episode 9 at the moment. It's different, but funny. I can't believe House electrocuted himself :lol:

Abigail
06-09-2008, 21:17
The two part season finale are the best House episodes ever.

Abigail
06-09-2008, 21:58
I should learn to read properly, the release date is 27th October for season 4. It was released on 19th August in America so you could buy it from amazon.com if your DVD player is unlocked.

StarsOfCCTV
11-09-2008, 22:04
"Patients in cardiac arrest - ouchy" :rotfl: (watched season 5 promos) Also..am I right in thinking House thinks Cuddy's pregnant? For about the fifth time I know but hey I can speculate. :lol:

You were right the season 4 finale is the best. But so sad! :( I'm looking forward to season five SO much! But...Wilson and House are never going to be the same again so it's kind of sad at the same time..

Also...Thirteen :( I was so sure it was going to be negative!

Edit: :rotfl:
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/sparkle_w/Picture16-6.png

Abigail
11-09-2008, 22:13
"Patients in cardiac arrest - ouchy" :rotfl: (watched season 5 promos) Also..am I right in thinking House thinks Cuddy's pregnant? For about the fifth time I know but hey I can speculate. :lol:

You were right the season 4 finale is the best. But so sad! :( I'm looking forward to season five SO much! But...Wilson and House are never going touo be the same again so it's kind of sad at the same time..

Also...Thirteen :( I was so sure it was going to be negative!

Edit: :rotfl:
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/sparkle_w/Picture16-6.png

Where's that picture from?

I hope Cuddy is pregnant too.

StarsOfCCTV
11-09-2008, 23:25
Where's that picture from?[/SPOILER]

It's from the second video. :D

Been browsing:

We have acquired the rights to Series 5. However, it is unlikely that any episode will be screened until 2009.

Ages away....:( :o

StarsOfCCTV
11-09-2008, 23:45
Found Season 5 promo extended:
(does contain spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkJO_Xp28yc

Wilson and House are in couples counseling :rotfl:

Abigail
12-09-2008, 00:19
I'm trying not to view spoilers about this series.

I'll send you a pm about the episodes as I can't post it here.

StarsOfCCTV
12-09-2008, 00:37
I'm trying not to view spoilers about this series.

Sorry :o Thanks :)

Abigail
12-09-2008, 00:48
Keep posting the spoilers. I'll probably break and read them :rotfl:

angelblue
12-09-2008, 01:09
Hey so is Amber dead then?

Abigail
12-09-2008, 09:48
Yep. She had a cold so she took some tablets. Her kidneys were damaged in the crash and they couldn't filter out the drugs. It shut down her body.

StarsOfCCTV
04-12-2008, 01:18
*revives thread*

I stopped watching House for a few weeks because I didn't have the time. Now I've watched a few episodes. Dammit I'm hooked again. :lol:

Do you still watch House Abigail? I've managed to resist watching House series 5 so far!

Abigail
04-12-2008, 01:27
I've been watching season five. Had a catch up sesh tonight because we got an email about illegal downloads so I had to stop. Took quite a while to find the episodes online.

House is just getting better. Season five is better than four. I think four is the weakest produced.

Season four is out on DVD. I haven't bought it yet but it is on my xmas list.

The storyline with 13 and her illness has got me hooked. Episode ten is so funny with House and Cuddy.

StarsOfCCTV
04-12-2008, 01:30
Ooh you can watch it online? That is tempting...

AHh tell me tell me (well pm me) :lol: But not tonight I'll end up staying up all night. :rotfl:

Abigail
04-12-2008, 01:33
Yeah, takes a while to find the episodes though. I search for "house md season 5 episode X watch online." I've only looked for episodes 7 - 10 online so I don't know if they are all available.

The next episode look ace. Can't wait.

StarsOfCCTV
04-12-2008, 02:01
I am going to get no work done over the weekend. :lol: I'm going to a sleepover tomorrow night I hope the ones I have are completed by tomorrow evening we can have House marathon. :p

I'm swopping dvd boxsets with my friend, I want to watch series 2 again even if Stacey does take up half of it. :lol:

Abigail
04-12-2008, 02:07
I loved Stacey. Hated the Tritter saga though, that ruined season three for me. Whenever I watch those episodes now I fast forward through the Tritter bits.

One thing that I have noticed, and aren't happy about, is the lack of clinic scenes in season five. Seasons one to three heavily involved the clinic, since the new team has come in, the clinic has been put to one side.

StarsOfCCTV
04-12-2008, 15:07
Oh yeahh....aww I liked the clinic :D Thats a shame. Yeah Tritter was annoying but the episode Finding Judas is one of my favourites.

I've seen the first two episodes now. House was so harsh to tell everyone about Thirteen! Damn having to go to a saxaphone lesson and being busy this evening. :lol:

StarsOfCCTV
06-12-2008, 02:04
Double post but...
House and Cuddy...:eek:

Abigail
06-12-2008, 02:05
Double post but...
House and Cuddy...:eek:

Shocking isn't it :eek:

I reckon They will sleep together in the last episode

StarsOfCCTV
06-12-2008, 03:03
And he actually went to her house but didn't go in...

Yeah I think there's a fair chance of that happening....wouldn't it be hilarious if after all this time she got pregnant. By him. :rotfl:

3 more episodes to go until I'm all caught up. :lol:

StarsOfCCTV
06-12-2008, 05:41
Ok I'm done. :p

5.9 is definately my favourite of the season. Although House is mental giving the guy back his gun to serve his curiosity. But no surprises there. :lol: So was 13 but I'm glad she didn't go through with the last injection because I like her character. :D I hope the drugs trial works, I just wanted to hug her at the end of 5.10. :(

Lol at the scene in the mourge with Kutner and Taub. :lol:

StarsOfCCTV
09-12-2008, 02:39
Sorry triple post I know :o

One thing that I have noticed, and aren't happy about, is the lack of clinic scenes in season five. Seasons one to three heavily involved the clinic, since the new team has come in, the clinic has been put to one side.
There's a bit of hilarious clinic in the next episode.

Promo:
(doesn't contain any major spoilers, well for us. :p Everyone else be warned lol)
YouTube - Promo House - 5x11 Joy to the World

angelblue
09-12-2008, 02:44
I absoutely love House such a brilliant show:)

StarsOfCCTV
10-12-2008, 19:01
It so is. :p I finally found a converter so I can put House on my ipod. :D

S5 ep 11
:eek: :eek: Foreman and Thirteen. I totally didn't see that coming!

Cuddy got her baby :D It was so sad the girl didn't survive though. :(

StarsOfCCTV
08-01-2009, 17:32
I'm watching Bones and people from House keep popping up. Amber, the girl with EP's mother, and now mourge lady from Guardian Angels is in it. :lol:

Abigail
08-01-2009, 18:50
New season five episodes start 19th Jan.

Chloe O'brien
08-01-2009, 22:37

Argh!!!! if it starts at 9 it will clash with 24

Abigail
08-01-2009, 23:22

I was talking about the US episodes :p No idea when it will come to UK screens.

Didn't know you watched House

StarsOfCCTV
09-01-2009, 00:55
I saw a tv guide that said House was coming to the UK in spring. So...March/April time?

Chloe O'brien
10-01-2009, 03:06

I was talking about the US episodes :p No idea when it will come to UK screens.

Didn't know you watched House

I've watched a couple of series but I usually get side-tracked during a series as it clashes with something else, either ER or Without a Trace.

Abigail
10-01-2009, 03:33
Just watched the season four finale. Wonderfully written, always makes me cry. Best episodes from seasons one to four.

Dr. Tangliss
10-01-2009, 17:39

Uk release?? Are Channel 5 still showing it?

Abigail
10-01-2009, 17:45

Uk release?? Are Channel 5 still showing it?

US. They took a ridiculously long break over Christmas.

Pretty sure C5 will be showing it when it comes over, they have most of the US dramas.

If I remember, C5 started showing season 4 just after the writers' strike finished in America. Season 5 should start around that time this year, March/April, as Kasple said.

Season 5 is back to 24 episodes :cheer:

StarsOfCCTV
10-01-2009, 19:47
Season 5 is back to 24 episodes :cheer:
Yaaaay. :cheer: I can't wait for it to start again. :D 24 eps almost makes up for the ridiculously long break :p

Abigail
11-01-2009, 13:41
Hugh Laurie has won Best Male TV Star and House won Favourite TV Drama at the People's Choice Awards in America :cheer:

http://www.pcavote.com/pca/show/nominees/

Video of Drama acceptance speech http://www.pcavote.com/pca/show/video-highlights/index.jsp?flv=http://hwcdn.net/e9q5w9a4/fms/2009/andthewinneris_house.flv.xml&description=Favorite%20TV%20Drama%20Acceptance%20S peech*-*The%20cast%20of%20House%20accepts%20the%20award%2 0for%20Favorite%20TV%20Drama

Video of Best Male acceptance speech http://www.pcavote.com/pca/show/video-highlights/index.jsp?flv=http://hwcdn.net/e9q5w9a4/fms/2009/andthewinneris_hughlaurie.flv.xml&description=Favorite%20Male%20TV%20Star%20Acceptan ce%20Speech*-*Hugh%20Laurie%20accepts%20the%20award%20for%20Fav orite%20Male%20TV%20Star

Omar on the red carpet http://www.pcavote.com/pca/show/video-highlights/index.jsp?flv=http://hwcdn.net/e9q5w9a4/fms/2009/pca_RC_Epps222D.flv.xml&description=Omar%20Epps%20on%20the%20Red%20Carpet*-*Annie%20Sorell%20talks%20with%20Omar%20Epps%20fro m%20House

StarsOfCCTV
11-01-2009, 14:56
Well deserved. :thumbsup: :D

Perdita
16-01-2009, 10:07
Hugh Laurie has claimed that his American accent is the reason for House's failure in the UK.

The medical show, currently in its fifth season, has proved a hit in the US but failed to replicate its success in Laurie's native country.

The actor suggested that British audience's familiarity with him means that they are on the lookout for slip-ups with his accent.

"I'm quite dubious anytime I hear any of my countrymen playing American," he told Playboy. "I think that's why House doesn't do so well in England... The British are wise to me.

"Any sort of linguistic affectation drives the English absolutely mad... We're all out to detect falsehood and artifice in the way English speakers speak."

Abigail
16-01-2009, 14:49
He succeeded in my world :wub: Maybe if it was on BBC or ITV it would do better. Not everybody can get Five. Also more advertising on Five and in tv guides would help.

He was talking to Playboy? :lol:

StarsOfCCTV
16-01-2009, 18:04
I think House is popular loads of my friends watch it.

I agree I think it should move from 5. Preferably to BBC that has no adverts but I doubt they would because they already have Holby and Casualty. Channel 4 would advertise it loads if they had it.

But I've never noticed anything wrong with his accent I think its brill! :p

3 days...:wub:

StarsOfCCTV
24-01-2009, 16:58
Found this:

HOUSE CELEBRATES MILESTONE 100TH EPISODE
(Contains spoilers!)

The prognosis is excellent for the brilliant, anti-social anti-hero Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) and his colleagues at Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital as HOUSE celebrates a milestone 100th episode Monday, Feb. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

In the 100th episode, “The Greater Good,” House and the team take on the case of a woman who collapsed in the middle of a cooking class. When they learn that the patient gave up her career as a highly renowned cancer researcher in order to pursue her own personal happiness, the members of the team question their own happiness (or lack thereof). Meanwhile, Thirteen (Olivia Wilde) begins to suffer serious and life-threatening reactions to her experimental Huntington’s Disease clinical drug trial, and Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) retaliates against House and gives him a taste of his own medicine.

Over the course of five seasons, House has proven no bar is too low and has shocked those around him with the lengths he will go in order to prove he’s right – from faking brain cancer to score drugs (“Half Wit”) to pulling a hair out of his father’s corpse to test the DNA (“Birthmarks”) to kidnapping his favorite soap star because he’s convinced the actor has an illness he doesn’t yet realize (“Living the Dream”).

DON'T FORGET - All-new episodes of House air on a new night, MONDAY at 8/7c, only on FOX!

The promo for 5x13 is up on youtube, it looks like a great episode. :)

Abigail
24-01-2009, 18:15
Oh my golly gosh :D Sounds like a great episode. I'm warming to 13 now.

StarsOfCCTV
24-01-2009, 20:05
I knooow I can't wait! 13's a great character :D

I'm slightly confused by why she's reacting badly to the drug trial thoughsince the nurse said she was on the placebo and obvs has been since the beginning. But oh well I'm sure it'll all be explained in that episode. :lol:

StarsOfCCTV
28-01-2009, 01:02
5x14
:eek:
YouTube - Promo House 5x14 - "The Greater Good"

StarsOfCCTV
18-02-2009, 16:06
Woo go Foreman and Thirteen they managed to outwit House :lol:

And argh Cuddy and House just have sex already. :lol: Or at least talk. The end of that episode was so frustrating!

5x16 promo
YouTube - House, M.D. - The Softer Side Promo 5x16 [HQ]

Abigail
18-02-2009, 19:56
OMG, what's up with House? :eek: Can't wait for that!!!!

I agree, Cuddy and House should get it on. They did it once before years ago.

I really wanted House to go to Cuddy's for the baby naming. Loved the music he played at the end.

Is 13 still working for House now after his little game?

StarsOfCCTV
19-02-2009, 03:00
They did?! When was this mentioned? :lol: :p

I think I read somewhere its something to do with a new method of pain management..I could be wrong though.

Yes they both are. House will undoubtedly find out eventually though he always does. :lol:

Abigail
23-02-2009, 16:38
Watchy (http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=house&ep=1235004183350) :D:D Sneak peak for tonight's episode. If you go to the House (http://www.fox.com/house) website there are more previews. Third and fourth ones are the best though :D

Also check out the offical House wiki (http://housewiki.fox.com/?t=anon).

Kasple: It was mentioned in one of the first couple of series that House and Cuddy got it on. It was before the show started. Something to do with a yacht if I remember.

StarsOfCCTV
14-03-2009, 00:48
Must study House episodes harder. :lol: Thanks for those.

New promo. Looks really good! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I0nCNwGQ0Q

Abigail
14-03-2009, 01:05
"Cats make terrible doctors. Oh wait, that's women." :lol:

Trinity
14-03-2009, 10:03
Has the new series started yet?

PLEASE don't let me have missed any!

StarsOfCCTV
14-03-2009, 14:17
It has started in the US but not here in the UK. They keep putting it off!

Dr. Tangliss
17-03-2009, 17:15
My husband read somewhere that Five are postponing it in order to show another show, but apparently Hallmark channel are going to show season 5 in September.

Abigail
17-03-2009, 17:41
Yes, Five have postponed it to show a new US drama. From http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=83282 thread:

Lately I've had quite a few messages asking where on Earth House is

I'm told that season five of the Hugh Laurie medical drama, which began Stateside last September, is now being delayed until Summer - "or possibly Autumn".

The reason for this shift? Blame The Mentalist, a new crime drama from the US that is stealing House's slot. Apparently Five doesn't have enough space in the schedule to air both House and The Mentalist, which makes its debut in the last week of March.

We all know how long US dramas run for, so I doubt we'll see season five much before the end of the year, when season six starts in America.

I wish another terrestrial channel would snap House up. The show deserves so much more than a channel that would rather show dump a decent drama for a new show that could sink. Between Five and Five US, I'm sure they could find a one hour prime time slot.

I'll continue to watch online.

angel_eyes87
17-03-2009, 18:50
Yes, Five have postponed it to show a new US drama. From http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=83282 thread:

Lately I've had quite a few messages asking where on Earth House is

I'm told that season five of the Hugh Laurie medical drama, which began Stateside last September, is now being delayed until Summer - "or possibly Autumn".

The reason for this shift? Blame The Mentalist, a new crime drama from the US that is stealing House's slot. Apparently Five doesn't have enough space in the schedule to air both House and The Mentalist, which makes its debut in the last week of March.

We all know how long US dramas run for, so I doubt we'll see season five much before the end of the year, when season six starts in America.

I wish another terrestrial channel would snap House up. The show deserves so much more than a channel that would rather show dump a decent drama for a new show that could sink. Between Five and Five US, I'm sure they could find a one hour prime time slot.

I'll continue to watch online.

Why do Britain always get everything later than everyone else, at this rate I'll be buying the season when i'm abroad. I love house, always watch this with CSI, because they used to be always on around the same time.

Abigail
18-03-2009, 00:17
Five probably can't afford to pay for the rights to show the episodes the day or week after they air in the US. Unlike Sky, Five has a small budget for buying programs from abroad and the less they spend on negotiating a price for next day showing, the more shows they can buy.

I'll buy the box set from America. Season four DVD is region free.

Chloe O'brien
18-03-2009, 23:45
Your right Abigail it will be to do with station budgets 24 is also aired on Fox is aired 1 week behind the US. Even shows like CSI, which are aired on CBS are 6 months to a year behind.

Abigail
31-03-2009, 19:24
I'm really annoyed. How come Australia are only one episode behind the US in season five and we haven't even started it yet?

StarsOfCCTV
31-03-2009, 20:34
Because 5 are stingey. :thumbsdow They shouldn't have House if they aren't willing to show it on time!

Abigail
31-03-2009, 20:35
Have you seen yesterday's episode Kasple? I hate the way it was filmed, although I do understand why they shot it from that angle.

House seeing a psychiatrist :eek: Interesting though :hmm:

StarsOfCCTV
02-04-2009, 00:39
Its a shame he decided to stop going.

I know I sent this to you already but for everyone else...This is genius. :lol: :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8tFjwUXePs

Abigail
07-04-2009, 05:24
Meat Loaf has admitted that he was "excited and very nervous" when filming his cameo appearance in House MD.

The rock singer, real name Marvin Lee Aday, confessed that he was terrified when he arrived on set to film his role as a patient for last night's episode of the Fox drama.

"I was so excited and very nervous, I might add, because I love the show so much. If I didn't like the show so much and never had watched it, I probably wouldn't have been so nervous," WENN quotes him as saying.

"I have been offered more TV shows than you even understand to [appear as myself], and I won't do it. My ideal situation is for people to watch House and not even know it's me."

StarsOfCCTV
07-04-2009, 23:02
Have you watched todays?

:crying: :( :(
(Don't read the spoiler if you haven't it'll ruin the episode)
I can't believe Kutner killed himself. :(

Abigail
07-04-2009, 23:03
I'm just watching it now :eek: Didn't see it coming.

StarsOfCCTV
07-04-2009, 23:07
I thought it was a joke at first! When Thirteen and Foreman ran over I thought Kutner was going to sit up or something and he was just playing a sick joke. :(

I really quite liked his character. I wonder what they will do now whether they will replace his character or not..

Abigail
07-04-2009, 23:45
I'm sat here crying. Kutner was my favourite, he was funny even in the most serious moments. The music at the end with his funeral was beautiful.

I kept thinking it was all a joke and they got it wrong. Wish I knew why he did it.

It was good of the producers to keep his exit under wraps. As sad and shocking as it is, it would have been ruined had we found out weeks ago

Check out the official site for a memorial video http://www.fox.com/kutner/

StarsOfCCTV
08-04-2009, 00:04
Yeah it would...glad I don't really read any detailed spoilers on House and I didn't see the promo video for this weeks either. Though if you look at it its quite clever they have included a shot of Kutner.

The song was Lose You by Pete Yorn. Agree with you about the ending.
The bit where Thirteen and Foreman held hands was nice. Glad he let her back in. Though Taub breaking down at the end was so sad. :(

I almost wanted Kutner to be murdered, like House thought. He looked so desperate at the end, he needs an explanation because as Wilson (I think) said its a mystery to him. Although he did find that sad photo at the end...

Abigail
08-04-2009, 00:22
Interview with Kal Penn about his exit http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/house-exclusive.html

willow
08-04-2009, 01:28
omg meatloaf!!!!
he is one of my faves!!!

StarsOfCCTV
08-04-2009, 18:36
Having watched the episode again...
House and Taub are having a discussion and Taub is saying how he doesn't think suicide is always a cry for help and then House goes:

"Good thing you got some. Or you'd have tried it again and gotten it right."

What is House referring too? :confused:

Abigail
08-04-2009, 19:04
House and Taub are having a discussion and Taub is saying how he doesn't think suicide is always a cry for help and then House goes:

Maybe Taub has tried to kill himself before. The something House is referring to could be counselling.

StarsOfCCTV
08-04-2009, 20:46

Maybe Taub has tried to kill himself before. The something House is referring to could be counselling.

Yeah...that would make sense. Hope we get some sort of explanation in a later episode. :)

angelblue
08-04-2009, 23:39
OMG I god just saw the spoilers for this episode sounds like a great episode i am really exicited to watch.:cheer:

Oh just realised how many people actually like House on this forum now i have been on this forum from the beginning and I was going on about how much i loved House from the beginning however there wasnt as much love for it before then there is now.:cheer: :cheer:

StarsOfCCTV
10-04-2009, 00:32
Cool another fan! :D

Are you watching US house episodes online or are you still waiting for channel 5 to show it?

StarsOfCCTV
14-04-2009, 19:10
Good episode, not the best but aww at Chase and Cameron at the end. :wub:

And what a line to end on!
Amber: Solved another case, busted Wilson, looks like your not losing it after all.

:eek: at the next House promo. It looks great! :thumbsup: Two weeks to wait though! :crying: :crying:

angelblue
17-04-2009, 20:59
Cool another fan! :D

Are you watching US house episodes online or are you still waiting for channel 5 to show it?

Hey i am waiting patiently for the channel 5 episodes however if it takes any longer i will probably start watching online.:hmm:

StarsOfCCTV
17-04-2009, 21:10
Channel 5 aren't planning to show it until Summer/Autumn. :/

angelblue
20-04-2009, 23:32
Hey peeps just to let you know that House starting from season 5 will be moving to Sky1:hmm:

StarsOfCCTV
20-04-2009, 23:52
:eek: Just as well I'm watching it online I don't have Sky. :(

Thanks for letting us know.

ETA:
Found this.

For all you UK fans....

Sky 1 has snatched up rights for the fifth season of the Hugh Laurie medical drama from Five, after the terrestrial net said it had pulled out of the bidding for "commercial and scheduling reasons."

The decision reflects the growing difficultly that broadcasters here face when bidding for top-flight U.S. fare as a result in the collapse in the advertising market.

Sky 1, which is driven by subscription revenue, said it has signed a deal with NBC Universal International Television Distribution for first-run rights to "House" in the U.K. Second-run rights will be retained by Hallmark Channel.

Five, which has held rights to the show since 2005, said the "difficult decision" to not renew the show will free up cash for incoming director of programs Richard Woolfe to commission Five's own programs.

"We have been proud to be associated with the drama, but have taken this difficult decision for commercial and scheduling reasons," Five said in a statement.

The channel said that long-running acquired series including the "CSI" franchise and "NCIS" as well as recent addition "The Mentalist" made it "very difficult" to find a suitable slot to schedule "House."

Abigail
07-05-2009, 00:20
Season 5

OMFG!! I knew they were going to sleep together but it's still a shock :eek: I had to look away.

I enjoyed seeing Amber again. She's returned to her normal conniving self.

StarsOfCCTV
07-05-2009, 15:36
Season 5

OMFG!! I knew they were going to sleep together but it's still a shock :eek: I had to look away.

I enjoyed seeing Amber again. She's returned to her normal conniving self.

Amasing episode :wub: :p

It was so creepy when Amber was singing that song in the bar...the whole Amber hallucination was done really well, like how it got to the point where House couldn't work because she was just always there.

Apparently next week has 'the biggest shock in House history'. I've resisted looking it up on the internet so far. I'm hoping to last the week. :lol: I'm just wondering what they could do to beat Amber's demise.

Abigail
07-05-2009, 15:46
Maybe Cuddy is pregnant with a baby House :eek: That would be shocking

StarsOfCCTV
07-05-2009, 16:13
:eek: Ooh yeah that would be possible...depends how far in the future the next episode is set.

On the promo there's a clip of Cameron crying - maybe its something to do with her and Chase.

StarsOfCCTV
12-05-2009, 23:22
Double post sorry.
5x24
Bit disappointed. I was expecting so much more from it, especially as a season finale.

Disappointed it was all a hallucination. Wanted it to be real. What was with Cuddy dropping House off with Wilson! :( And that whole hallucination thing was definitely not the biggest shock in House history as promised in the promo!

Waiting until the last episode to kill Kutner would've made for a more shocking finale, because nothing after that could really be as shocking. (although I acknowledge that probably wasn't possible with Kal going off to his new job).

Abigail
13-05-2009, 00:07
I'm so tempted to read your spoiler :ninja: Haven't watched the episode yet, I actually forgot about it being on.

StarsOfCCTV
13-05-2009, 01:07
Don't read it! Watch it.

I can't really say anything else without spoiling it so I'll just leave it at that! Quick go watch it now! :lol:

Abigail
13-05-2009, 01:09
It is something that I won't see coming? Don't tell me if my idea about a Huddy baby is right :nono:

Going to get ready for bed then settle down with a hot chocolate and watch it :D

StarsOfCCTV
13-05-2009, 01:34
You probably won't see it coming, but then you look back and its not that surprising...I can't say anymore without spoiling. :p

You'll get it when you see the episode. :p

Abigail
13-05-2009, 03:51
Double post sorry.
5x24
Bit disappointed. I was expecting so much more from it, especially as a season finale.

Disappointed it was all a hallucination. Wanted it to be real. What was with Cuddy dropping House off with Wilson! :( And that whole hallucination thing was definitely not the biggest shock in House history as promised in the promo!

Waiting until the last episode to kill Kutner would've made for a more shocking finale, because nothing after that could really be as shocking. (although I acknowledge that probably wasn't possible with Kal going off to his new job).

WTF? So his whole life, the whole five seasons have been a hallucination? That's one of the worst season finales I've ever seen. What a let down.

After the episode where Kutner killed himself I thought the finale would be difficult to compare. It was such a gripping and emotional episode, should definitely have been the finale.

Very disappointed :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Maybe there were hidden clues in the episode that I didn't pick up on. I'd watch it again to see but it's a rather tedious and boring episode. Worst in a long time.

StarsOfCCTV
13-05-2009, 10:09
WTF? So his whole life, the whole five seasons have been a hallucination? That's one of the worst season finales I've ever seen. What a let down.

The whole five seasons? :hmm: I think it was just sex with Cuddy he hallucinated?

Abigail
16-05-2009, 00:42
Found this analysis of s5 finale on facebook. I understand it now.

In a final attempt to provoke Cuddy into examining her true feelings for him, House announces to everyone in the main lobby of the hospital that he had sexual relations with Cuddy. Cuddy responds by confronting him in a hallway, and then firing him after he suggests that they move in together. House consults Wilson, and then goes to talk to Cuddy in her office, and she seems confused about what he said. House realizes that her reactions do not add up, and that something is wrong with his analysis of the situation. He then has a flashback to the night before when he thought he told Cuddy that he needed her help with his addiction. He suddenly confronts the reality of what has happened: he never told Cuddy he was hallucinating that night, his final words of the evening were: her "go suckle the ******* child who makes you happy"; she left the office and went home, never accompanying him to his apartment. His memory of her staying by his side while he detoxed was a hallucination, and, in fact, he spent the night popping Vicodin by himself. In reality, House and Cuddy did not have sex; House's experience was just himself walking around the house, intoxicated on the pills.

House snaps back to reality, with a hallucination of Amber saying in his ear, "So this is the story you made up about who you are. It's a nice one," to which a hallucination of Kutner adds "Too bad it isn't true."

I'm happy the final person mentioned there made an appearance :)

StarsOfCCTV
16-05-2009, 16:59
Yeah it was nice to see Kutner again, if only as a hallucination!

Having watched the finale again, the last bit, where he goes into the office, talks with Cuddy, realises she has no idea what he is on about, the realisation that it was all a hallucination, the revelation montage..those scenes are really good, and emotional, fab acting. And you can tell Cuddy does love House really. :p The rest of it was still kind of boring.

I think as long as Cuddy and House get together at some point, I'm ok with the hallucination. I kind of get why they did it, like if they had had sex it might have ruined the chemistry, lead to loads of awkwardness, the physch ward can lead to more possibilities of storylines? I still don't like that they didn't get together though. :p

Ahh 5 months! I don't think I can wait that long! I watched the Kutner episode today. Sadness. :(

Abigail
10-07-2009, 14:28
I've been watching the season three repeats on Hallmark, 8pm & 10pm weekdays.

Last night's episode was One Day, One Room. This is one of the best episodes through the five seasons, we learn more about House and he gets in touch with his emotional side.

I can't wait for Family Matters, episode 22/23 I think. Always makes me cry.

Season three is the best, it has several of my favourite episodes in. I love Autopsy.